Site questions, comments, and suggestions

33 minutes ago, Ashal said:

Some content in your file description is probably triggering a false positive for some security checks (which I've recently increased). Let me know which file is doing it, and I'll look through it for possible causes/fixes. Though it wouldn't hurt for you to also do a scan with Windows Defender, just in case.

pm sent cheers!

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Thanks, MadMan, that solves my immediate problem ? but I'd really like to know why we have no way to do site-searches on LL.

I must be missing something. You CAN do site searches on LL. I do them all the time.

In the upper right hand corner of ANY page there is a box entitled "search." Put whatever you want into it, but don't stop there. Once you've done that there are three drop down menus that appear. The uppermost asks WHERE you want to search. Narrowing this down to say "files" or "this topic" will shorten your search. The middle box allows you to do your search by all or some of your search words. For instance if you Search for "More Nasty Critters" and do it by some of the words you will get many hits. If you do it all by all your words you will only get the LE and SE versions of the file. Finally, the last box allows you to search just titles or titles and content. I admit that I am mostly interested in just searching for titles as in my previous example.

21 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Is there a search function that works at the moment? I am trying to find the "What is/Where is" Skyrim (or SSE) thread, but entering those search terms and ticking "Topics" fails to find anything except some Japanese mod or area.... and no, I didn't screw up and enter the search terms into the browser's search field, I entered them into the LL search field. So just as a test I entered "SexLab Framework" and could not find the SexLab Framework in the results. :classic_wacko:

I realize the LL search engine has been broken forever, but I thought that was one of the reasons for changing to the new system. Or I guess I should say I hoped that was one of the reasons.

21 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Thanks, MadMan, that solves my immediate problem ? but I'd really like to know why we have no way to do site-searches on LL.

8 hours ago, Psalam said:

I must be missing something. You CAN do site searches on LL. I do them all the time.

In the upper right hand corner of ANY page there is a box entitled "search." Put whatever you want into it, but don't stop there. Once you've done that there are three drop down menus that appear. The uppermost asks WHERE you want to search. Narrowing this down to say "files" or "this topic" will shorten your search. The middle box allows you to do your search by all or some of your search words. For instance if you Search for "More Nasty Critters" and do it by some of the words you will get many hits. If you do it all by all your words you will only get the LE and SE versions of the file. Finally, the last box allows you to search just titles or titles and content. I admit that I am mostly interested in just searching for titles as in my previous example.

... ?

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

The search function on this forum isn't very good.  It was not one of the reasons for the upgrade.  The upgrade was for security.

I recommend using LoverLab and then whatever you are searching for in google.  Damn hard to beat their search algorithm.   :classic_wink:

Thank you. :classic_wub:

11 hours ago, worik said:

And if you feel google peeps too much into your underwear and on your intimate parts, you can also move to alternatives :classic_wink:. E.g.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Aloverslab.com+skyrim

Or https://www.qwant.com/?q=site:loverslab.com&t=web (this one don't track you).

Some examples:

https://www.qwant.com/?q=site:loverslab.com skyrim&t=web (Skyrim)

https://www.qwant.com/?q=site:loverslab.com fallout 4&t=web (Fallout 4)

https://www.qwant.com/?q=site:loverslab.com the sims 4&t=web (The Sims 4)

52 minutes ago, skyaxe said:

Opening this topic show

This only happens on page 406. Looks like a phishing attempt. Perhaps, it's only on my end?

Not seeing it myself. Nor anything linking to that directly.

(Removed your image, in case the URL mentioned in it is malicious.)

1 hour ago, skyaxe said:

Same, I'm not seeing it now. Most likely, the problem was on my end...

I thought to let the site admins know just in case.

Not on your end. I did see it on the last page of the thread, rather than the one linked. Was just a broken image from a post though. Rather than anything direct.

It's nothing to worry about though, I think.

Spoiler
On 1/20/2019 at 12:15 PM, worik said:

Some days, I can see it coming, and some days it comes surprisingly out of the dark. Dang!

c15.jpg.77a0f29e2d99099944cb8dd2d2fd7298.jpg

Do we have a gauge or a green-thingy-thumb-o-matic-counter where I can see how many of them are left?

Spoiler
On 1/20/2019 at 1:41 PM, donttouchmethere said:

I have the same Issue, running of thumbs if they are needed most! ?

I just can't keep thumbs to myself ?

And how about a thumb upgrade?

Atm you never know why you got that thumb.

Maybe someone just slipped, likes the color, was drunk or has a thumb fetish ?

How about being able to leave a little comment with the thumb, that shows if you hover over the thumb or that can be seen in the "See who reacted to this" window.

Like that modders get a little more feedback what ppl like most on their mod (without me writing "awesome" everywhere instead of a tech feedback^^)

Some evil thumb users might misuse it to post something inappropriate, but I think most LL thumb users are rather fair

I'm curious to know if there is a solution to this. It seems odd that the site would limit the number of "thumbs-ups". I mean, on a good day I can give a dozen to T.ara on ZAP alone! ?

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Posers said:

Just had a poke around for Avatar questions, to no avail, my avatar options are only 'no photo"

Can i add my own to this site ?

Go to your profile. If you don't know you should be able to find your name on the left side of the blue bar at the top of any page. When you click on that you go to your profile. Then "drag" whatever you like (photo, drawing, whatever) into the smaller square on the left side of the page. It will take a few seconds to load. Then you should have an avatar.