SexoutNG - Beta (2.10.93b10) release thread

The zip file has an empty ZAZ esp, since in the beta, ZAZ has been included (finally) in the NG ESM. If you download this one, it has all the idle anims in it and so on.

I'm including a blank ZAZ ESP to give modders who look for the ESP a chance to check for that *or* the NG version. NG versions >= 86 will all have ZAZ, even if the ESP isn't present.

Oh I do have a question. Since the beta is now including ZAZ, is the esp strictly needed anymore or is that just for compatibility?

Sorry Nessa for the order of quotes. That should explain things better at least until Pride is back on line.. :D.

I understand your "madness" I just don't understand what you or some others  are talking about... ;)

The scary thing is the more I read of these post, the more "madness" I absorb. Soon I will be bouncing off the walls like many other mod authors here. Sooner if I ever start using the GECK.. :D.

Insanity-1.jpg

I think I'm seeing a broke animation picker for both beta 8 and 10.

Female on Male Oral sex animations are not being selected when

they should on be Sexout Sex, Soliciting, and TTW Quest Overhaul.

I don't think the 'random' in the random picker is working correctly

either; I keep seeing the same animations over and over to such an

extent that I would say it's only about 30% random. Oral sex animations

do play if forced with the Bangatron, so I know the animation data is intact.

Anyone else with a craving for sausage you just can't satisfy?

I think I'm seeing a broke animation picker for both beta 8 and 10.

Female on Male Oral sex animations are not being selected when

they should on be Sexout Sex, Soliciting, and TTW Quest Overhaul.

I don't think the 'random' in the random picker is working correctly

either; I keep seeing the same animations over and over to such an

extent that I would say it's only about 30% random. Oral sex animations

do play if forced with the Bangatron, so I know the animation data is intact.

Anyone else with a craving for sausage you just can't satisfy?

Gonna need a lot more data before I can track this down, as well as some investigation that the calling mod isn't specifically setting an animation, either a single one the author wanted (as Tryouts does sometimes), or from it's own internal "subset" with its own random picker.

The random picker in sexout itself absolutely works. There might be little bugs here and there, like a single missed animation or something, but overall it works and is always random. In some categories there aren't a lot of animations to pick from.

I tried moving every irrelevant mod out of my data folder, and just for the hell of it tried

physically removing all the Sexout related mods remaining; Sexout, Sexout SCR, Sexout

Slavery and Sexout Sex and doing a clean save, and the problem is gone.

I had done a clean save before for Sexout, but I hadn't done a radical housecleaning prior

to doing it, and the problem had persisted. I had only unchecked the Sexout content.

Whether the animation picker was getting hosed is debatable without some research,

but something was preventing oral sex animations from being selected  by four different

Sexout mods. I did do a few console screen prints from when sex was happening and the

wrong sex act had been picked, if you want to see those, as well as a load order dump and

a console screen capture with debug switched on. Otherwise, I will simply count my blessings,

quietly move on and leave you to your important work.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Beta 2.8.89b1 in OP

- Better refSurface support, including ZAZ items and activators.

Thanks to A.J. and Loogie for pre-release and continuing contributions.

This version of sexout has received another minor version bump, we're now on the 2.8 line.

The full hierarchy of the ZAZ animations has been duplicated within the ESM, with new names. These animations do not use the Animation Objects (aka props) and are instead designed to work with refSurface, for use with statically placed ZAZ assets in game.

As this beta cycle progresses I will be:

- Adjusting the NIFs to allow collision so they can be used as activators.

- Creating actual static items that can be placed, as well as activators.

- Fixing alignment issues introduced by these changes.

For modders, to use this new functionality, which allows you to place ZAZ objects in your world and then use them, you have one choice to make, and one minor script change, to your existing ZAZ animations.

The choice is between using ZAZ assets you may already have placed in your mods, or waiting for me to add them to the ESM. I will add them all before this goes to release, and it's best if you wait if you don't already have ZAZ items you want to use in your world, but either method should work fine.

The code change is simple. Anywhere you're initiating a Sexout ZAZ animation in your scripts, if you want to use an existing ZAZ device in your world, just add the "refSurface" parameter to the sexout call, set to the reference of the object. For example, this test scene uses the AO/prop method and requires nothing in the world. It is the normal system everyone currently uses for ZAZ.

set Sexout.Anim to 150
set SexoutNG.nUseZAZ to 1
set SexoutNG.ActorA to DocMitchellREF
set SexoutNG.ActorB to PlayerREF

DocMitchellREF.CIOS SexoutBegin
(of course you should use the UDF convention instead, or NX, but all three work as usual.)

You must add one line before the CIOS to change that to use a ZAZ device already placed in the world:

set SexoutNG.refSurface to MyZAZDeviceRef
Make sure that your anim # is valid, as always. Eventually the ZAZ side will have a random picker that can choose an appropriate animation for a given device, but for now, it doesn't.

The alignment will almost certainly be off somewhat for the new system, but that will be addressed as new versions of the beta are released. The alignment for existing prop based ZAZ animations SHOULD be unchanged, but I won't know until I've tested them, and I have to go through them all.

Have fun, pervs! ;)

FYI, here's what we're working towards. What you see here is not altered, it's the code that's in this beta -- except for the cell edit to docs house, of course, and the activator script. Alignment is a tiny bit off, but I already have the fix for that (and all others) in the works. I just need to test them all.

Existing ZAZ animation code in your mods should continue to work as it always has, without modification, without any alignment changes.

Beta 2.8.89b2 in OP

Had some pretty stupid bugs in beta1 that were preventing it from actually working correctly. It's working now, and ZAZ anims 150 and 305 look correctly aligned to me. An initial stab at aligning 2003 is in place as well.

Done for the night. Tomorrow I hope to at least have all the NIFs fixed, and at least one copy of each ZAZ asset in the ESM as at least a static. I am still contemplating how I want to handle the activators, they are very useful, but there are a few hurdles to having sexout provide that functionality itself.

It's not strictly needed though, it just allows modders to do things like "someZAZRef.Activate Player", as well as allowing the player to "enter" the devices themselves. Without them, refsurface still works just fine, and is intended to be the primary method of use.

Beta 2.8.89b3 in OP

- Meshes moved to their own download.

- All meshes converted (root changed from NiNode to BSFadeNode on devices).

- Minor alignment tweak to anim 2003.

Missed some meshes in the initial mesh download, new one is up (v2). Sorry to the one guy that had already downloaded. ;)

Beta 2.8.89b3 in OP

Missed some meshes in the initial mesh download, new one is up (v2). Sorry to the one guy that had already downloaded. ;)

v4 meshes download now.. whee..

Wonder how long until someone using this states that stuff is missing.. lol...

You DO still need BOTH DOWNLOADS from the main thread INSTALLED

Anybody want to start a pool on this... ? :D...

That admonishment has been there a LONG time, so far, nobody has screwed it up since I put it there. If they do, I'll go back to renaming the ESM as well..

Beta 2.8.89b3 in OP

OK so now it's time to have a little dialog or something. Some stream of consciousness WRT what still needs done before this version can become a release, and a cry for help from any who feel up to it.

First off, let me say again and clearly: There is nothing "missing" from this version. All preexisting ZAZ mods should continue to work just fine, with the "animation object" (aka AO, aka PROP) system. That is the system where starting a ZAZ animation causes the correct object to just "appear" during the animation and "disappear" afterwards. Some of them MAY have been damaged by the NIF conversion, but I really doubt it, and limited testing has shown no problems.

Also, every NIF should now be usable as either an "activator" or a "static", both categories are underneath "World Objects" in the GECK. For convenience I will refer to both of these simply as statics, and the older system as "props".

Now, on to what needs done. Note that because of what I said above, you should not see any of these STATIC related problems when using existing ZAZ mods, that use the PROP system. To test for bugs, you need to test with the STATIC system -- and this means creating your own mod.

1. The statics are NOT yet created in the geck, but I hope to have all of them in today. Modders can then place them in the world without having to go digging around the directories looking for the right NIF.

2. Alignment. It's going to be off by varying amounts. You can test that now by making a new mod, creating a static, selecting the appropriate ZAZ nif, and placing the static in your worldspace. If you want to wait until I've added them all (which I suggest for mods intended for release rather than testing), that's fine. I am going to want some assistance in getting all the alignments fixed up in the new system.

3. Several of the animations use "weapons" of some kind, like crops or branding irons. If you play those animations, the weapon will be missing. All I need to know here is the anim # and actor position (a, b, c) and I can fix it quickly.

When I have the statics all created in the geck, I'd like a hand testing them and getting alignment values from anyone who is interested. You should only need to 'placeatme' the static, wait for it to appear, and then invoke a sexout scene using the static as the refSurface parameter. Of course if you want to be fancy, you can create a room with one of each preplaced, with known IDs/names. If you do this, send me a copy please!

That will probably be enough to call this feature "done" for this release, ignoring other non-zaz features I want to get in. The activators are nice, but may not be appropriate within sexout itself except as test devices, and will probably wait for the v90 release if they ever go in.

Beta 2.8.89b4 in OP

- ZAZ statics added to ESM.

Ok, all the restraining devices (crosses, pillories, posts) have been created as static objects in the GECK. The OP also has a screenshot of the GECK screen to use as a reference for their IDs if you want to help test alignment and stuff.

I do NOT know which anims go with which props, but looking through the AO list will tell me (or you) and a list will get built.

Placing SOME of these in the world might cause a CTD. For some reason or another, certain NIFs that were intended for animations will cause a crash if they're in the world and you bump into them. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes it takes a while of 'bumping'.

If you run into any like that, let me know, and I'll point that static at a different NIF. For now, since I don't know all the use cases, I just added them all -- and there are many duplicates, visually speaking.

Has the console commands been changed under newer version:2.7.88   right now i got new vegas installed again was trying to test new animations in game but the bat file trick to force animations to play no longer works:

bat file like this:

set "01000DC0".Anim to 601
set "01019333".ActorA to getself
set "01019333".ActorB to getself
CIOS "010027A8"