Thanks for putting the time and effort into improving BAC @GuruSR. However I'm having a strange issue where installing your changes causes my character to unequip all cosmetic items from BAC and nothing get's them back. This also affects a new character; when the transformation advances a stage no new items are equipped (not even an equip sound). For example at stage 1 where the little horns appear, nothing, I just get the transformation sound and notification then no change.

Unsure if it's related but on the updated MCM I cannot enable or disable any of the "Regular items" options you added.  Appreciate any suggestions as to what's going on. I can test stuff, provide logs, etc. if you want to investigate it, appreciate your busy.

On another note; I have made alternate mooing sound files for BAC, using the sound replacer for Milk Addict here. However I could not get this to work due to BAC using Skyrim's default cow sound files. Replacing these led to some.... unsettling sounds from the actual cattle of Skyrim. However if you ever want to edit the ESP to use separate sound files, this would then work.

The replacement itself is personal taste and people may prefer the default sounds, but provided I can get permission from the authors of the milk addict sound replacer, I'm happy to share the modified sound files.

1 hour ago, cocopopz said:

Thanks for putting the time and effort into improving BAC @GuruSR. However I'm having a strange issue where installing your changes causes my character to unequip all cosmetic items from BAC and nothing get's them back. This also affects a new character; when the transformation advances a stage no new items are equipped (not even an equip sound). For example at stage 1 where the little horns appear, nothing, I just get the transformation sound and notification then no change.

Unsure if it's related but on the updated MCM I cannot enable or disable any of the "Regular items" options you added.  Appreciate any suggestions as to what's going on. I can test stuff, provide logs, etc. if you want to investigate it, appreciate your busy.

On another note; I have made alternate mooing sound files for BAC, using the sound replacer for Milk Addict here. However I could not get this to work due to BAC using Skyrim's default cow sound files. Replacing these led to some.... unsettling sounds from the actual cattle of Skyrim. However if you ever want to edit the ESP to use separate sound files, this would then work.

The replacement itself is personal taste and people may prefer the default sounds, but provided I can get permission from the authors of the milk addict sound replacer, I'm happy to share the modified sound files.

I only moved the "Regular items" over to the left side, I didn't alter any of the code for that (other than to streamline it).  Also, if your cows are not updating and they all unequipped, in the "Settings" menu under General is a "Update on close" option, tick it off and then exit out back to the game, it should update them then.

As for the other issues with "Regular items", I'm not sure why they're not updating to on, I'll look.

EDIT:  Are you using the mod from the downloads or from a few messages back in this thread?  Because the one in the downloads area isn't the one I'm altering now.

GuruSR.

31 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

I only moved the "Regular items" over to the left side, I didn't alter any of the code for that (other than to streamline it).  Also, if your cows are not updating and they all unequipped, in the "Settings" menu under General is a "Update on close" option, tick it off and then exit out back to the game, it should update them then.

As for the other issues with "Regular items", I'm not sure why they're not updating to on, I'll look.

GuruSR.

Thanks, tried it with and without "update on close" enabled and no joy. Probably worth mentioning this happened in your first iteration of improvements too, back before that option was available.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has the same issues, If they don't then I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's just something weird in my setup.

5 hours ago, cocopopz said:

Thanks, tried it with and without "update on close" enabled and no joy. Probably worth mentioning this happened in your first iteration of improvements too, back before that option was available.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has the same issues, If they don't then I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's just something weird in my setup.

What version are you using this with?

GuruSR.

7 hours ago, GuruSR said:

What version are you using this with?

GuruSR.

Oh dear, I've actually found that I wasn't using the latest version that got pointed out a few comments ago! I haven't tried your update yet Guru but I have the problem with the updated version without your modifications, so it's clearly nothing you've done.

I'll try to figure this out and test your modifications to see if it fixes it, then go from there. Sorry about that!

On 11/30/2020 at 9:57 PM, GuruSR said:

Do let me know if you run into anything weird with this and I'll do my best to get the fixes in (if possible) as soon as I can, though this week is chaos, so I'm not sure how much time I'll get to squeeze in, so please bare with me.

GuruSR.

thanks for the hard work. although i do have a quick question. do i just install this file along with the tats pack ? or what is the install procedure to use this update ? reason i ask is i'd like to try to convert for SE and see if it works there, but i need to know what i need to install it.

thanks

On 11/30/2020 at 9:57 PM, GuruSR said:

I know someone will complain about the hooves being quiet during sprinting, that happens with everything, I will look to see if I can't improve that with priority and perhaps better sounds,

in the SE thread, someone managed to use the sounds from another mod to replace the hooves sound, and apparently it works amazingly well. may want to look into it if you're interested.

7 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i'd love to know how the skin looks so smooth and darkened. looks way better than the textures on the SE version even with the textures fixes.

The dark skin could maybe be some basic Texture Edits. To make it more dark you can just use stuff like paint.net and play around with the brightness and contrast, I do that on a lot of textures I tweak.

And the smoothness could maybe be a good normal/specular map or WetFunctionRedux configured nicely. I dunno ?

4 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

The dark skin could maybe be some basic Texture Edits. To make it more dark you can just use stuff like paint.net and play around with the brightness and contrast, I do that on a lot of textures I tweak.

And the smoothness could maybe be a good normal/specular map or WetFunctionRedux configured nicely. I dunno ?

thanks, i'll give it a shot.

not familiar with Paint.net, but i do use Gimp, not sure if Gimp opens dds files tho

3 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

thanks, i'll give it a shot.

not familiar with Paint.net, but i do use Gimp, not sure if Gimp opens dds files tho

As far as I know you´d need a Plugin for Gimp to open .dds but I´m not sure if that info is up-to-date. 

2 hours ago, SilentOption said:

I seem to have an issue with the game my character 19% for being a cow yet there no horns or any indication of transformation 

here the two attached images.

20201202062731_1.jpg

20201202062739_1.jpg

I didn't add those options to the mod at the bottom of that list, they were already there, I did nothing to those, so if they're "new" then the mod you're using is the old one from the downloads section, if you turn those all off below, indeed the mod will respect those choices, they were in the attribute adding so I made sure that all the checks matched everywhere so when there are changes to any of the settings they properly reflect everywhere, but toggling them on/off is a basic setup and nothing fancy, done hundreds of times elsewhere, so if they're not toggling on/off for you, then the bac.bsa file you have is the wrong one (from the downloads), would recommend checking that against the one posted previously a few pages back from here, re-download it and make sure the bsa is identical, you *may* have to roll back to a save before the updates were put in, to make sure the values are properly read in the new bsa.

GuruSR.

4 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

I didn't add those options to the mod at the bottom of that list, they were already there, I did nothing to those, so if they're "new" then the mod you're using is the old one from the downloads section, if you turn those all off below, indeed the mod will respect those choices, they were in the attribute adding so I made sure that all the checks matched everywhere so when there are changes to any of the settings they properly reflect everywhere, but toggling them on/off is a basic setup and nothing fancy, done hundreds of times elsewhere, so if they're not toggling on/off for you, then the bac.bsa file you have is the wrong one (from the downloads), would recommend checking that against the one posted previously a few pages back from here, re-download it and make sure the bsa is identical, you *may* have to roll back to a save before the updates were put in, to make sure the values are properly read in the new bsa.

GuruSR.

what version of being a cow are you using for the update? how far back do have to get to the proper version? seems like a lot of work

39 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

thanks for the hard work. although i do have a quick question. do i just install this file along with the tats pack ? or what is the install procedure to use this update ? reason i ask is i'd like to try to convert for SE and see if it works there, but i need to know what i need to install it.

thanks

in the SE thread, someone managed to use the sounds from another mod to replace the hooves sound, and apparently it works amazingly well. may want to look into it if you're interested.

The scripts should work fine, the ESP, probably need to load that into the SE CK and save it again, as for textures, I made no changes to the textures since the last version re-linked a few pages back.  As for the sounds, I'll ask the author if I can reuse them here, before I go ahead and do anything from an exterior source.

GuruSR.

2 hours ago, AkiKay said:

As far as I know you´d need a Plugin for Gimp to open .dds but I´m not sure if that info is up-to-date. 

apparently not. i did update my GIMP to the latest version, which includes the DDS plugin, but the plugin doesn't support current DDS file formats. so only this Paint.net, although very limited in functionality, seems to be able to open and edit current DDS file formats.

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

The scripts should work fine, the ESP, probably need to load that into the SE CK and save it again, as for textures, I made no changes to the textures since the last version re-linked a few pages back.  As for the sounds, I'll ask the author if I can reuse them here, before I go ahead and do anything from an exterior source.

GuruSR.

ok, so, just to make i am understanding. the file you posted is the "main file", and other that the "tats" file, i don't need anything else to install ? i use CAO to convert fairly easily now, so it shouldn't be a problem. but i just want to make sure of all the files i'll need to ensure i'm installing it all properly with your current update.

thanks

I loaded the latest version (G) and Update 2.  The menu for the mutations options does not work for me. All mutations were unselected and greyed out when I started. Then I played an old save that never had BAC installed until I got to cow level 1.  The menu options were no longer grey, but I still could not make any selections.  I tried two more old games that never had BAC running, and got the same results.  I thought to try it without the update, but I wanted to see the improvements.  Am I the only one reporting this issue?

11 hours ago, SilentOption said:

what version number is it?  Plus I can't seem to find it :( I am using Being A Cow Pre-Release 1.8 Version 3

It should be 1.9.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:42 PM, Galactase said:

That one.  Just extract the bac.bsa into your data folder, the rest is newer from my archive.

GuruSR.

10 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

ok, so, just to make i am understanding. the file you posted is the "main file", and other that the "tats" file, i don't need anything else to install ? i use CAO to convert fairly easily now, so it shouldn't be a problem. but i just want to make sure of all the files i'll need to ensure i'm installing it all properly with your current update.

thanks

Just load and save the ESP via the SE CK and it should be fine to use (because the CK in SE will load the LE ESP, but when it saves it, it'll be slightly different), scripts don't change format between LE and SE, so that isn't an problem.  The bac.bsa, I never touched.

GuruSR.

6 hours ago, justbob2 said:

I loaded the latest version (G) and Update 2.  The menu for the mutations options does not work for me. All mutations were unselected and greyed out when I started. Then I played an old save that never had BAC installed until I got to cow level 1.  The menu options were no longer grey, but I still could not make any selections.  I tried two more old games that never had BAC running, and got the same results.  I thought to try it without the update, but I wanted to see the improvements.  Am I the only one reporting this issue?

Are you using 1.9 version above as the base?  If you don't, those options will all be greyed out.

GuruSR.