5 hours ago, NoirXiaoba said:

While you're in the code, could you remove the "deactivate mutations" limitiations? I tried myself but failed to compile my version of the script in question, because I suck.

I found another spot that was causing issues, the weight for the npc was being reset when it wasn't supposed to be, so I'll have to do some testing further to see where to put that code completely, but can you explain what menu you're talking of?  I've not really looked at the mutation stuff.

GuruSR.

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

I found another spot that was causing issues, the weight for the npc was being reset when it wasn't supposed to be, so I'll have to do some testing further to see where to put that code completely, but can you explain what menu you're talking of?  I've not really looked at the mutation stuff.

GuruSR.

In the MCM menu, there's a tab where you can choose what mutations you want to have. However, it limits how many you can deactivate, and also doesn't let you freely deactivate things - in order for some options to be disabled, you have to disable earlier stuff first. Leads to this horrible off-and-on navigation through the menu as you're trying to get to the mutation you WANT to disable, while having to work you way through a dozen other options first. 

13 minutes ago, ZephyrusVenti said:

In the MCM menu, there's a tab where you can choose what mutations you want to have. However, it limits how many you can deactivate, and also doesn't let you freely deactivate things - in order for some options to be disabled, you have to disable earlier stuff first. Leads to this horrible off-and-on navigation through the menu as you're trying to get to the mutation you WANT to disable, while having to work you way through a dozen other options first. 

That on and off thing actually only happens if your character is at cow level 0. If you get to level 1 and then work on your mutations you don't get that problem.

20 hours ago, Galactase said:

That on and off thing actually only happens if your character is at cow level 0. If you get to level 1 and then work on your mutations you don't get that problem.

I think I know what you're asking, the items with (2), you can't deactivate the one in front of it and keep just the (2), right?

Or are you talking about only being able to turn off a total of 8 items in the mutations?

As for the Update Interval to slow down the updates, I'll look and see what I can come up with to do that too.

GuruSR.

3 hours ago, GuruSR said:

I think I know what you're asking, the items with (2), you can't deactivate the one in front of it and keep just the (2), right?

Or are you talking about only being able to turn off a total of 8 items in the mutations?

As for the Update Interval to slow down the updates, I'll look and see what I can come up with to do that too.

GuruSR.

No, there's an issue when your character hasn't actually started their transformation yet where if you go to the mutation menu you'll find that you can only deselect the top mutation. After it deselects, the one below it opens up, and so on. You have to do this weird back and forth with the selections to disable what you want. However, once your character starts transforming and gets their horns, the menu works as intended. It's strange.

4 hours ago, GuruSR said:

This was what I was talking about. The issue mentioned by Galactase should probably take precedence, though. Bugfixing first, then convenience options.

3 hours ago, Galactase said:

No, there's an issue when your character hasn't actually started their transformation yet where if you go to the mutation menu you'll find that you can only deselect the top mutation. After it deselects, the one below it opens up, and so on. You have to do this weird back and forth with the selections to disable what you want. However, once your character starts transforming and gets their horns, the menu works as intended. It's strange.

Ah, I'll look, I never saw what it did when at level 0, plus I'm noticing the choices made in the Mutation tab don't affect NPCs, which honestly, it should.

2 hours ago, NoirXiaoba said:

This was what I was talking about. The issue mentioned by Galactase should probably take precedence, though. Bugfixing first, then convenience options.

Yes, bug fixes, after about 3 hours of research, I'm able to compile the bac_update and hopefully all the other scripts as needed, so bug fixes will be nice if people could list them and where they happen, so I can look.  As for quest stuff, I've not touched the esp at all as of yet, I will at one point, as I want to look at the internal delay between updates to help with performance.

GuruSR.

Okay, I've altered the MCM menu to not untoggle items other than the one you're on, so you can easily unset stuff you don't want.  I am thinking of making something that if you change something, you can set an "All Cows must Honor these settings" and if a cow has one that isn't set, it'll be given a new one in place, but that'll be a ton of work, so that'll be a "later thing".  I'm doing testing on the changes, though I'm not entirely sure which update loops are important as apposed to not (where I could offer a delay multiplier).

Non-quest bugs, please pass them my way so I can look into them.

GuruSR.

I'm afraid I have to ask you for help. Am trying to equip a ring via Paul, the dialog goes fine and than the furniture just does not appear. The quest marker disappers and there is nothing left. Am using latest version + GuruSR script fixes (Thank you for fixing the mod) and the latest ZAZ 8.0.

The interesting part is that during the same save I've managed to see the furniture appear, but I was getting a CTD due to a dead giant at the nearby farm (By the way, do you know how to get rid of the giant without going into the cell? This means that I can't go there and disable+markfordelete the body. And it isn't really a cell so setting cellrespawn timer to one hour also does not work). So I wasn't able to interact with the furniture.

I've reloaded a previous save, deleted the giant, talked to Paul and the furniture does not appear now.

Thank you in advance.

19 hours ago, AlphaAndOmega said:

I'm afraid I have to ask you for help. Am trying to equip a ring via Paul, the dialog goes fine and than the furniture just does not appear. The quest marker disappers and there is nothing left. Am using latest version + GuruSR script fixes (Thank you for fixing the mod) and the latest ZAZ 8.0.

The interesting part is that during the same save I've managed to see the furniture appear, but I was getting a CTD due to a dead giant at the nearby farm (By the way, do you know how to get rid of the giant without going into the cell? This means that I can't go there and disable+markfordelete the body. And it isn't really a cell so setting cellrespawn timer to one hour also does not work). So I wasn't able to interact with the furniture.

I've reloaded a previous save, deleted the giant, talked to Paul and the furniture does not appear now.

Thank you in advance.

I haven't done the quests in ages, but not done the new ones, I'll dig up my save through that actually has a player cow, so I can see where that is, what quest is it that is giving this issue?  It is also possible to be a texture/mesh issue, which wouldn't be me fixing that!

GuruSR.

11 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

I haven't done the quests in ages, but not done the new ones, I'll dig up my save through that actually has a player cow, so I can see where that is, what quest is it that is giving this issue?  It is also possible to be a texture/mesh issue, which wouldn't be me fixing that!

GuruSR.

I think it’s very first part of the unowned quest. Right after finishing the “who I am”. 

I’ve done a bit more research with the disappearing furniture and waited till the game deleted the giant (a week) in the save that I’ve seen the furniture appear. After that week I talked to Paul and, well, the furniture did not appear. 

This topic has been risen a few times here so I thought that people have found a workaround. Either through debug or something else. 

12 minutes ago, AlphaAndOmega said:

I think it’s very first part of the unowned quest. Right after finishing the “who I am”. 

I’ve done a bit more research with the disappearing furniture and waited till the game deleted the giant (a week) in the save that I’ve seen the furniture appear. After that week I talked to Paul and, well, the furniture did not appear. 

This topic has been risen a few times here so I thought that people have found a workaround. Either through debug or something else. 

You likely already considered this but... Which Version of ZaZ Animation Pack are you using ? I think the issue you get also happens when the wrong version of ZaZ is installed / when the Pack is too old and doesn´t have the furniture. I´m using 8.0 and it works fine for me. 

1 hour ago, AkiKay said:

You likely already considered this but... Which Version of ZaZ Animation Pack are you using ? I think the issue you get also happens when the wrong version of ZaZ is installed / when the Pack is too old and doesn´t have the furniture. I´m using 8.0 and it works fine for me. 

Yeah, I'm using ZAZ 8.0. I've even reinstalled it after the first anomaly, but to no awail. If I remember correctly, in case of wrong ZAZ the quest marker goes to the road and directs you to nothing. Here it looks like the script does not fire and the furniture just does not appear (and the quest marker).

Guess I'll just go and check the papyrus log now, maybe there will be something of note.

Edit: So, there is something wrong but my understanding is rather limited and I can't understand what is wrong apart from the fact that something is, indeed, broken

Spoiler

[11/27/2020 - 06:04:05PM] Error: Cannot call altfurniture() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [bac_ctrl (8D0115CE)].bac_quest_ctr.fillAlias() - "bac_quest_ctr.psc" Line ?
    [bac_ctrl (8D0115CE)].bac_quest_ctr.setStageQ() - "bac_quest_ctr.psc" Line ?
    .TIF__0501DE62.Fragment_0() - "TIF__0501DE62.psc" Line ?

[11/27/2020 - 06:04:05PM] Error: alias bacFurniture on quest bac_blacksmith (8D00EA6E): Cannot force the alias's reference to a None reference.
stack:
    [alias bacFurniture on quest bac_blacksmith (8D00EA6E)].ReferenceAlias.ForceRefTo() - "<native>" Line ?
    [bac_ctrl (8D0115CE)].bac_quest_ctr.setStageQ() - "bac_quest_ctr.psc" Line ?
    .TIF__0501DE62.Fragment_0() - "TIF__0501DE62.psc" Line ?

[11/27/2020 - 06:04:05PM] Error: alias bacFurniture on quest bac_blacksmith (8D00EA6E): Cannot force the alias's reference to a None reference.
stack:
    [alias bacFurniture on quest bac_blacksmith (8D00EA6E)].bacAliasFurnitureBlacksmith.ForceRefTo() - "<native>" Line ?
    [bac_blacksmith (8D00EA6E)].QF_bac_blacksmith_0500EA6E.Fragment_0() - "QF_bac_blacksmith_0500EA6E.psc" Line ?

[11/27/2020 - 06:04:05PM] Error: Cannot call Enable() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [bac_blacksmith (8D00EA6E)].QF_bac_blacksmith_0500EA6E.Fragment_0() - "QF_bac_blacksmith_0500EA6E.psc" Line ?

[11/27/2020 - 06:04:16PM] VM is freezing...
[11/27/2020 - 06:04:16PM] VM is frozen

Edit 2: the same thing, but using a different save (with a ctd giant too close to the stables). Nothing has been changed in terms of mods between these two.

Spoiler

[11/27/2020 - 06:11:02PM] Error: Cannot call altfurniture() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [alias PlayerRef on quest bac_main (8D001D90)].bac_alias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "bac_alias.psc" Line ?

[11/27/2020 - 06:11:02PM] Error: alias bacFurniture on quest bac_blacksmith (8D00EA6E): Cannot force the alias's reference to a None reference.
stack:
    [alias bacFurniture on quest bac_blacksmith (8D00EA6E)].ReferenceAlias.ForceRefTo() - "<native>" Line ?
    [alias PlayerRef on quest bac_main (8D001D90)].bac_alias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "bac_alias.psc" Line ?

[11/27/2020 - 06:11:02PM] Error: File "XFLMain.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
    <unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
    [AUA (2500C6C2)].AUAQuestScript.GameLoaded() - "AUAQuestScript.psc" Line ?
    [AUA (2500C6C2)].AUAQuestScript.OnUpdate() - "AUAQuestScript.psc" Line ?

[11/27/2020 - 06:11:02PM] Error:  (8D01E41C): cannot start scene because its parent quest was not running.
stack:
    [ (8D01E41C)].Scene.start() - "<native>" Line ?
    [bac_unowned (8D01DE47)].bac_unowned.reloadQuest() - "bac_unowned.psc" Line ?

[11/27/2020 - 06:11:02PM] Error:  (8D01DE66): cannot start scene because its parent quest was not running.
stack:
    [ (8D01DE66)].Scene.start() - "<native>" Line ?
    [bac_unowned (8D01DE47)].bac_unowned.reloadQuest() - "bac_unowned.psc" Line ?

[11/27/2020 - 06:11:02PM] Error: File "BaboInteractiveDia.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
    <unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?

Why does the text look like a link?

Okay, I have (and I'll try to remember):

• Reworked the MCM menu's Mutation set, works according to settings and available mods.
  • MCM menu will still allow 8 unchecked items, but won't penalize you for mods/settings you have OFF.
  • MCM rearranged Mutations so that they're not all sub categories, so people can pick different specifics.
  • Cleaned up the unequip code so it removes multiple duplicate inventory items (some npcs had 50+).
  • Cleaned up some bad grammar and phrases.
  • AM looking at the interval of updates, so I can possibly reduce some and allow you to limit others via MCM
  • I *fixed* the hooves, breathe and bell sounds to be "properly announced" so distance will make them quieter.
  • Fixed bug in update that allowed you to go past your max transformations with the Levelup Cow scroll.
  • Streamlined the MCM menu some so the actual script is smaller than what it was and should perform better.

Now, has anyone made ANY changes to the ESP?  As the fixes I did to the sound, work well, so you're not getting murdered with cow walking when there's like 10 in the area and you're 500 feet from them.  I may boost the volume on them if they're still too quiet, but for now I seem to have gotten them right, plus enemies will now hear you coming, unlike before, they were all in the dialogue area so enemies didn't hear you coming.  So if you breathe, your bell rings or you walk/run, enemies will hear those noises from a decent distance (because you're loud when you do those things).

Anyone have any changes to the ESP they want me to merge in?  Let me know, as I'll release the changes I've made on Monday (not today).

GuruSR.

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

• Reworked the MCM menu's Mutation set, works according to settings and available mods.
  • MCM menu will still allow 8 unchecked items, but won't penalize you for mods/settings you have OFF.
  • MCM rearranged Mutations so that they're not all sub categories, so people can pick different specifics.
  • Cleaned up the unequip code so it removes multiple duplicate inventory items (some npcs had 50+).
  • AM looking at the interval of updates, so I can possibly reduce some and allow you to limit others via MCM
  • I *fixed* the hooves, breathe and bell sounds to be "properly announced" so distance will make them quieter.
  • Fixed bug in update that allowed you to go past your max transformations with the Levelup Cow scroll.
  • Streamlined the MCM menu some so the actual script is smaller than what it was and should perform better.

Now, has anyone made ANY changes to the ESP?  As the fixes I did to the sound, work well, so you're not getting murdered with cow walking when there's like 10 in the area and you're 500 feet from them.  I may boost the volume on them if they're still too quiet, but for now I seem to have gotten them right, plus enemies will now hear you coming, unlike before, they were all in the dialogue area so enemies didn't hear you coming.  So if you breathe, your bell rings or you walk/run, enemies will hear those noises from a decent distance (because you're loud when you do those things).

Anyone have any changes to the ESP they want me to merge in?  Let me know, as I'll release the changes I've made on Monday (not today).

GuruSR.

If anyone is working on ESP edits, one request I would have is checking the animation and furniture events in the quests.

All the different bell/nose/tats application events are broken for the latest versions. Mod works fine if just using it for the mutations, but the intro questline is broken.

7 hours ago, w234aew said:

If anyone is working on ESP edits, one request I would have is checking the animation and furniture events in the quests.

All the different bell/nose/tats application events are broken for the latest versions. Mod works fine if just using it for the mutations, but the intro questline is broken.

I can write code, work on quests, dialogues, scenes, but when it comes to models, textures, animations and the like, I can't do much, can you be a bit more specific since I'm testing stuff out, I do notice that the ears, eyes and nose only seem to work on the player and there isn't any facial textures (are there supposed to be, unsure) and the "furred" nose isn't showing up that I know of either, not 100% sure.  I did redo some of the code that does all that, but, when I look at it, it's "Umm, okay, I'll not touch that part", as I don't know what that all does.

GuruSR.

15 hours ago, GuruSR said:

GuruSR.

Any update on the being cow file?

10 hours ago, GuruSR said:
18 hours ago, w234aew said:

I can write code, work on quests, dialogues, scenes, but when it comes to models, textures, animations and the like, I can't do much, can you be a bit more specific since I'm testing stuff out, I do notice that the ears, eyes and nose only seem to work on the player and there isn't any facial textures (are there supposed to be, unsure) and the "furred" nose isn't showing up that I know of either, not 100% sure.  I did redo some of the code that does all that, but, when I look at it, it's "Umm, okay, I'll not touch that part", as I don't know what that all does.

GuruSR.

curious on what he means by "intro questline is broken" to be honest..

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

curious on what he means by "intro questline is broken" to be honest..

I guess he is talking about the same problem that I've had (Furniture not appearing in order to equip stuff). 

To those who have such problem, I have figured out a workaround. 

1) Finish the conversation and receive a goal to enter the furniture (there is no furniture to enter)

2) Setstage bac_blackmith 40

3) Wait till you regain control and start the same conversation again

4) The furniture appears this time and you may proceed normally

There is a side effect though. The game won't understand what you did and the quest will timeout after a day and it seems to launch the hunters right away (I believe the interval is more than one day and they still came right after the timeout notification)

3 hours ago, AlphaAndOmega said:

I guess he is talking about the same problem that I've had (Furniture not appearing in order to equip stuff). 

1) Finish the conversation and receive a goal to enter the furniture (there is no furniture to enter)

There is a side effect though. The game won't understand what you did and the quest will timeout after a day and it seems to launch the hunters right away (I believe the interval is more than one day and they still came right after the timeout notification)

I'll give your trick a try, but the specific thing I'm mentioning (that @GuruSR is asking for) is exactly what you mention. Something about the way that BAC calls ZAZ8+/ZAZ8/ZAZ7 furniture to appear with a quest marker/trigger attached is definitely broken. The fact that using a setstage command to advance the quest stage can fix it means it's probably something wrong with the quest's "Stage progression". I have limited CK experience, and no experience with questlines/dialogue (pretty much limited to armor/effect modifications).

12 hours ago, AlphaAndOmega said:

I'll have to start a new character to get to all the quest issues, I am seeing some in the repeatable "owner" quests, plus that Run Cow Run is silly, doesn't account for screen loading, will have to see if I can figure out how to "buffer" that so you're not failing due to a load time issue.  Maybe I'll put a trigger zone in to move you through the gate automatically on both sides so I can account for the load duration.

9 hours ago, w234aew said:

I'll give your trick a try, but the specific thing I'm mentioning (that @GuruSR is asking for) is exactly what you mention. Something about the way that BAC calls ZAZ8+/ZAZ8/ZAZ7 furniture to appear with a quest marker/trigger attached is definitely broken. The fact that using a setstage command to advance the quest stage can fix it means it's probably something wrong with the quest's "Stage progression". I have limited CK experience, and no experience with questlines/dialogue (pretty much limited to armor/effect modifications).

Ah, it could be how it is being placed, most of the time items not showing up are colliding with something else, usually having it created somewhere in a "test cell", disable, move and enable causes it to always show up and be usable, I'll look into finding them after I get this update put up.

18 hours ago, SilentOption said:

Any update on the being cow file?

Yes, it's here.  Well, for me, it's still Monday.  :)

Anyhow, I did get the MCM menu rearranged enough, there is a new "setting" in General that lets you force a cow update on closing the config, but if you make any settings changes, that happens too.

The stuff:

• In MCM under General is a setting for updating cows on close, if checked cannot be unchecked, should only make the BAC Update happen when checked.
  • In MCM under Milkmaids, moved the generic settings to below the list of Milkmaids and not in with the attributes.
  • In MCM under Milkmaids, Updated the updated display information on the Cows, it now only shows the items that cow has as attributes.
  • I *fixed* the hooves, breathe and bell sounds to be "properly announced" so distance will make them quieter, but enemies WILL hear you.  (Bac.ESP)
  • Looked at reducing interval of updates, am doing testing on that to see what can be slowed down.
  • Random Attributes now will go until you get one, so expect your cows to actually see more than before.

I know someone will complain about the hooves being quiet during sprinting, that happens with everything, I will look to see if I can't improve that with priority and perhaps better sounds, but the fact that now running/sprinting or walking as a cow, breathing, your bell ringing, will go out to a 4000 foot radius, so your enemies will hear you before you get near them, so if you're running and see a bunch of red dots, be prepared to keep running!

Do let me know if you run into anything weird with this and I'll do my best to get the fixes in (if possible) as soon as I can, though this week is chaos, so I'm not sure how much time I'll get to squeeze in, so please bare with me.

GuruSR.

BAC Update 2.zip

2 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Anyhow, I did get the MCM menu rearranged enough, there is a new "setting" in General that lets you force a cow update on closing the config, but if you make any settings changes, that happens too.

The stuff:

• In MCM under General is a setting for updating cows on close, if checked cannot be unchecked, should only make the BAC Update happen when checked.
  • In MCM under Milkmaids, moved the generic settings to below the list of Milkmaids and not in with the attributes.
  • In MCM under Milkmaids, Updated the updated display information on the Cows, it now only shows the items that cow has as attributes.
  • I *fixed* the hooves, breathe and bell sounds to be "properly announced" so distance will make them quieter, but enemies WILL hear you.  (Bac.ESP)
  • Looked at reducing interval of updates, am doing testing on that to see what can be slowed down.
  • Random Attributes now will go until you get one, so expect your cows to actually see more than before.

I know someone will complain about the hooves being quiet during sprinting, that happens with everything, I will look to see if I can't improve that with priority and perhaps better sounds, but the fact that now running/sprinting or walking as a cow, breathing, your bell ringing, will go out to a 4000 foot radius, so your enemies will hear you before you get near them, so if you're running and see a bunch of red dots, be prepared to keep running!

Do let me know if you run into anything weird with this and I'll do my best to get the fixes in (if possible) as soon as I can, though this week is chaos, so I'm not sure how much time I'll get to squeeze in, so please bare with me.

GuruSR.

BAC Update 2.zip 280.76 kB · 5 downloads

What exactly did you improve with the Mutation Menu ? Did you make it so every option that´s checked will be applied and the ones unchecked won´t ? I never really understand what the menu does.

9 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

What exactly did you improve with the Mutation Menu ? Did you make it so every option that´s checked will be applied and the ones unchecked won´t ? I never really understand what the menu does.

The items are broken up except for 2 that seem to rely on them somewhat, so the others are all separate, but you can only uncheck a maximum of 8 items in the list, but, that list is reduced by mods/settings you haven't got available to it, so it worked for when I tried it.  It also is smart enough to know that when you're trying to uncheck one of the "parent" attributes, it won't directly count the "child" entry as 2 entries if the "child" is unavailable or unchecked.

GuruSR.