Hi everyone,

Thank you for the replies.  

I installed the Devious Followers Legraf suggested.   I also dismissed and rehired a follower.  They follow me as planned and simply begin repeating the phrase. 

I am using modded followers.  Would you know of any created followers that are actually attractive that would fit into the framework?  Or is there a means by which I can check this myself? 

On 1/20/2020 at 2:29 AM, Lupine00 said:

It's not starting properly.

After the follower speaks, what options are there when you speak to them?

Can you ask about your debt?

Do you see [Click Me]?

Are you using a follower framework?

What version of DF do you have?

Nothing occurs, she just keeps repeating it.  I have options to make them wait or leave.  Nothing about debt or a {click me}.  I'm using the version mentioned above in legraf's post. 

"Devious Followers Continued"

3 hours ago, trogladour said:

Nothing occurs, she just keeps repeating it.  I have options to make them wait or leave.  Nothing about debt or a {click me}.  I'm using the version mentioned above in legraf's post. 

You're probably on the wrong forum then :) 

Also the *exact* version matters. The version number.

And what follower framework.

And what mod manager.

And what is in your log file.

But given you have started multiple new games with a problem, it's almost certain a mod in your LO has messed with the vanilla DialogueFollower quest so that DFC's copy of it breaks and doesn't load any of its properties.

5 hours ago, trogladour said:

To tell you something you can work with...

this is the link on the mod you're supposed to download

current version is 2.09.

and as i said before, make sure you hire the follower through the mod's dialogue, not the vanilla one

That's the one! 

I'll try again I just wiped.  Question, does the player character have to be female in order for it to work?  I have DD male addons etc. 

I'm going to try again. 

The dialogue I get is the "I need to come with me..." something like that.  They respond with "lead the way" then keep repeating the "better not cheat me line" 

Thanks for the help, I'll keep plugging away at it. 

If you want an updated version of this mod, try here: Devious Followers - Continued.

Don't post on this forum unless you need help with an old version of Devious Followers - such as 2.03 or 1.74.

For Devious Followers - Continued (versions 2.04 onwards), use the link above to get help; don't post here.

Even if you want help with old (pre-DFC) versions, it's probably best not to post here - post on the DFC forum (link above).

But why would you even run those old versions?

There is no strong reason not to upgrade, and many problems are resolved in the newer releases.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:20 PM, trogladour said:

That's the one! 

I'll try again I just wiped.  Question, does the player character have to be female in order for it to work?  I have DD male addons etc. 

I'm going to try again. 

The dialogue I get is the "I need to come with me..." something like that.  They respond with "lead the way" then keep repeating the "better not cheat me line" 

Thanks for the help, I'll keep plugging away at it. 

As i said twice before, you're not hiring the follower through the mod as you should, you're hiring the follower through vanilla game (that means you never activated the mod on the follower... ok ? If you hire follower with the mod's dialogue -  mod is working, if you hire the follower the usuall way, through the dialogue that DOES NOT belong to the fcking mod, then of course the mod is not blody fcking working!

2 hours ago, slaveonline21 said:

It might be a bug but what does the potion extualy do? I dont see any negative effects in my status menu.

It's great, it frees you from all your difficulties.  Yes, it's a wonderful thing, the potion.

Though perhaps, just maybe, after the random period configurable in the MCM, you might find it comes with a disadvantage.

Yes, being coy since it seems this thread's been avoiding spoiling this effect (as the original DC thread also did).  But essentially, the potion ensures you will never be fully free of the potion-giver.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:10 AM, legraf said:

It's great, it frees you from all your difficulties.  Yes, it's a wonderful thing, the potion.

Though perhaps, just maybe, after the random period configurable in the MCM, you might find it comes with a disadvantage.

Yes, being coy since it seems this thread's been avoiding spoiling this effect (as the original DC thread also did).  But essentially, the potion ensures you will never be fully free of the potion-giver.

thank you for the response! I wasn;t looking for spoilers ;)  just wondering if I had spotted a bug.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:43 AM, Lupine00 said:

I think Submissive Lola is the first Skyrim mod to really leverage follower as dominant, and the idea was no novelty, even when SLo was made, but SD/SD+ set people down a different path for a long while.

Well, I took the idea from "Msex Veronica d/s" mod for FNV. And "Lola" was something I did during 4 weeks of vacation. Never came back to modding, but still looking for somrthing similar

• 1 month later...

I am curious if there is a way to make the Devious Followers mod strip more than the base items (Feet, Body, Hands, Head)? I use the Bikini Armor mod with Sexlab Survival so I wear all the armor slots. But when I make the nude in town deal it does not strip the extra items. Is there an extra mod that defines what to strip? I have tried to mark them to be stripped in Sexlab as "Always Strip" but that only effects sex scenes. Also is there a way a toggle could be added so that the Devious Follower will equip the items they give me?

• 2 months later...

good job. I have some ideas.

Could be good, that the ncp that by the character in the AH can be a women too. Besides, If you dont want to be slave, the character is release in a cave and when the character go out to the cave, nothing happend.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, A Little Kitten said:

Hello,

i reinstalled the mod, skyrim, entire computer actually.

Now i cant figure out how to hire a follower....

i downloaded this one

i would swear there was some debug or spell but now i just cant find anything. there is only the vanilla dialogue.

thanks

There was a debug option in the mcm but it now only works on default core game followers (that might change in the future).

I was able to get it to work on the DCL Followers (Leon), so it's not necessarily default followers.  But, I would try using the debug option to add a follower.  You may need to reload your game in order for it to pop. Sometimes it takes a few hours.

Otherwise you could try to re-install the mod after you recruit them.

Hi! 

I don't know if I'm being an idiot and missing something or if there's something wrong with my save (could happen), but I had the Jarl game trigger on me and while the initial dialogue options, crowd comments and crawling animation all work fine, whenever I make it to the Jarl nothing happens. I get the "pats head" comment, then the jarl sits there and I can't trigger any further dialogue either with them or my follower once I get to that point. 

I did a bit of a research on the topic and tried maneuvering to get my follower close by, waiting for a day, going fast or going slow, making the rounds talking to everybody in the room, nothing gives. 

Is there just some trigger hanging or am I missing a cue somewhere? 

• 2 weeks later...

Something like that happened to me, because the jarl had a quest to give instead (main quest in Whiterun, and civil war quest in Windhelm).

But it worked in Riften, and also in Whiterun after taking the fetch-the dragonstone quest.

So maybe a game quest is interrupting your DF quest too.

• 1 month later...

Idea about new function:

Ever thought about adding a kind of auto-pause function, for example, if you park your follower at an Inn, while you try to raise money for payments on your own? Ofcourse you would have to pay the interest and/or some fee for the accomodation, but you had the chance to pay off the debt, without the follower accumulating more then you could ever buy out from. This could be done in form of an additional dialogue option (maybe similar to EFFs relax functionality) or if told to wait in an Inn (cause then you would not need EFF). This functionality would be deactivated for slaves though.

I think it would make sense and especially if you play a stealthy character, followers are often more trouble then worth it, but sometimes you need them for difficult encounters. It is a bit cheating ofcourse, but it would be optional and you could still balance it out by tweaking the basic fees. This way you had to actually think about when to bring hirelings and it would lessen the seriousness of hireing in the 1st place.

One big problem with Skyrims economy is the escalation of the item values; so raising the "value" for paying off followers is no problem later on (if you don't use ridiculous numbers), but getting the actual coin is (as vendor gold does not scale  or at least not without investing). It is ofcourse outside the scope of this mod to solve those issues (besides being a coin sink ofcourse), but to be punishing or dangerous (in terms of risk of enslavement) the costs have to be high, but being forced to spend a fully fleshed out Breezehome to pay off a deal early, that requires you to wear a corset (or similar) feels unimmersive at least. So maybe this pause-light or loanshark function, where you still have to honor the active deals (but their early pay timer would still tick down), but are free to raise the money (+interest) on your terms, would prevent you from needing to constantly making the round, visiting traders in different cities, to get stupid amounts of coin.

Ofcourse you could still do more deals to reduce the debt, but that does not change the fact that the numbers are (and need to be) stupendously high to be of any concern but then they do not make any sense in terms of property prices...

• 1 year later...