Elsie LaVache for MME - v3.4

52 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Thanks for the insight - will keep that in mind if I find the MME comments are too rare, as they'll be fighting for space with Being a Cow comments (and normally Sexist Guards comments, but for testing purposes I'm disabling those).

Your edit definitely worked for the quest itself - loading it on a clean save caused me to see a lot more dialogues on regular NPCs and followers about being a milkmaid or finding a "guide" for them.  The only issue I ran into was with Elsie herself - there is one more "IsMale" conditional on the very first dialogue with Elsie, when you meet her in the Riverwood Trader.  I simply closed out the game, removed the conditional on the dialogue in TES5Edit, and reloaded right infront of her and completed the initial backstory/recruitment dialogue with no problems.  I'll report if I run into any weird breaks and/or if I find other conditionals so you can fix them before uploading a patch to the download page - for now just the dialogue conditional is the only extra one I've found.

One possible issue - Kaidan (male custom follower) has an dialogue option that looks like it will lead to him being a milkmaid.  I haven't clicked on it obviously, but possibly an NPC male conditional got removed on that dialogue by accident (or he's just screwy because of his custom follower system).

Honestly, for now the initial dialogue seemed perfectly natural for a female PC - I'm sure later dialogues may get more... specific... but based on the writing I'm seeing so far I can live with that!  

You might see a dialogue like "I saw you watching" when talking to a male NPC. That sets them up by putting them into an alias and you can then tell a milkmaid (one that's full) that so-and-so would like some milk.

If that's not the one you're talking about then I can have a look at this again tomorrow. Right now... bed :)

1 hour ago, foreveraloneguy said:

Having more fun with this mod than I've had with a mod in a long time. I see this and slaverun reloaded as making some really interesting game play.

Couple of suggestions/requests; add the BreastsSmall morph and either add butt and buttsmall instead of hips, or at least add them. On all my NPCs, the hips become very wide and I have to manually tune them to get something pleasing to my eye. Or ideally, add an MCM menu to allow players to tune the look to their preferences.

I use a UUNP zeroed sliders as my default body. Everything is morphed from there.

This new version is SLIF compliant for the breasts so if you're running SLIF you can do all of your breast adjustments there.

I know I can't please everyone with my choices. And aside from going the route of giving y'all total control of what milk maid hips should look like vs what cow hips should look like I'm not sure we'd ever agree. 

You can control a lot of the breast size using SLIF or within MME so I think either of those 2 gives you a lot of control. 

By design I wanted the hips to get wider and the waist to get smaller. I did not want to give them a big ol bubble butt. 

I may be experimenting with the effect of changing the butt size and see if it gives wider hips, or use SLIF and inflate the butt and customize the butt settings in SLIF to give me control over the hips if it's capable of that. It's not really a code change for SLIF, it's just editing JSON files to put sliders where you want.

I'm using morphs instead of bone scaling which leads to issues like you're stating. Because I also can't control how you have your ini file set to handle scaling (largest wins?, additive? multiplicative?)

So yeah... it's a bit of a puzzler. 

15 minutes ago, chajapa said:

You might see a dialogue like "I saw you watching" when talking to a male NPC. That sets them up by putting them into an alias and you can then tell a milkmaid (one that's full) that so-and-so would like some milk.

If that's not the one you're talking about then I can have a look at this again tomorrow. Right now... bed :)

I think it might be a case of me messing up the aliases by chatting with multiple followers too quickly, so yea ignore that report unless you get similar ones.  Only real issue I've had so far is the that one dialogue topic needing to be edited, worked fine so far otherwise.  Thanks for sharing the mod and the edit so an unintended audience can try it!

OK... updated to remove the IsMale condition in the opening dialogue with her. Lets see if that works.

Again, this is just an esp replacement and needs to be manually copied to overwrite the original.

As I continue to work on this I think I'm going to leave it unlocked until I get around to making the content for female PC. It will just look a bit odd at times for female players.

Elsie-unlocked.7z

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

I just scanned through the dialogue in TES5edit, and this mod looks very good. However, I think you should use the actual dialogue emotions rather than putting "she smiles" in the dialogue.

The emotions don't always show up as expected. Feel free to edit them out on your copy. :)

There's only abut a bazillion of them

On 9/21/2018 at 10:32 PM, chajapa said:

I use a UUNP zeroed sliders as my default body. Everything is morphed from there.

This new version is SLIF compliant for the breasts so if you're running SLIF you can do all of your breast adjustments there.

I know I can't please everyone with my choices. And aside from going the route of giving y'all total control of what milk maid hips should look like vs what cow hips should look like I'm not sure we'd ever agree. 

You can control a lot of the breast size using SLIF or within MME so I think either of those 2 gives you a lot of control. 

By design I wanted the hips to get wider and the waist to get smaller. I did not want to give them a big ol bubble butt. 

I may be experimenting with the effect of changing the butt size and see if it gives wider hips, or use SLIF and inflate the butt and customize the butt settings in SLIF to give me control over the hips if it's capable of that. It's not really a code change for SLIF, it's just editing JSON files to put sliders where you want.

I'm using morphs instead of bone scaling which leads to issues like you're stating. Because I also can't control how you have your ini file set to handle scaling (largest wins?, additive? multiplicative?)

So yeah... it's a bit of a puzzler. 

My ini for nio is default, and I use slif. But looking at your scripts, it looks like you're just processing the morphs through slif instead of directly if slif is present. Either that or the newest version of slif handles the morphs differently, since the player and NPCs are being registered for slif when this mod kicks. But it appears as though the hip slider is being set to one.

6 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

My ini for nio is default, and I use slif. But looking at your scripts, it looks like you're just processing the morphs through slif instead of directly if slif is present. Either that or the newest version of slif handles the morphs differently, since the player and NPCs are being registered for slif when this mod kicks. But it appears as though the hip slider is being set to one.

I don't have the newest SLIF from qotsafan's Patreon site yet. I have the version available here on LL which I think is 1.20a.

I'm using a method of implementing SLIF that does not require dependency. So SLIF is not REQUIRED, but the code is there if it is detected as being present.

However... the code only manipulates the breasts at this time. Currently SLIF does not "inflate" hips and hipbones as one of it's sync keys. My choices are breast, belly, and butt.

If I inflate the butt through SLIF I get a big butt but the hips don't widen as I wanted. Now... I could use SLIF for this and just tell you that in SLIF you need to set Butt percentages a certain way, but then that affects all of your other mods that use SLIF. If SLIF can handle percentages of "inflation" on a "per mod" basis I haven't discovered how to do it yet.

So... I have to use the tools I know how to use at this point.

I have my SLIF set to register the player automatically. And when you see an NPC regiser for SLIF with this mod named as the reason, then you're seeing exactly what I'm seeing and that part is working as intended.

Since I'm not touching the hip slider in SLIF, I'm not sure my mod is responsible for moving your hip slider, but I have it running as I write this and will go have a look. 

Oh and I also have NiOverride set to 0% in SLIF and then use the BodyMorph percentages.

I'll have a look at the hip issue and see if it's something my mod is doing. 

On 9/23/2018 at 5:20 AM, chajapa said:

I

However... the code only manipulates the breasts at this time. Currently SLIF does not "inflate" hips and hipbones as one of it's sync keys. My choices are breast, belly, and butt.

I think, but don't know, that this is a clue and along the lines of what's happening. I think slif processes the breast stuff and the hope morphs are applied directly. Remember, there's a new more added for processing morphs through slif being just breasts, belly, and butt. 

On 9/23/2018 at 4:20 AM, chajapa said:

I don't have the newest SLIF from qotsafan's Patreon site yet. I have the version available here on LL which I think is 1.20a.

I'm using a method of implementing SLIF that does not require dependency. So SLIF is not REQUIRED, but the code is there if it is detected as being present.

If I inflate the butt through SLIF I get a big butt but the hips don't widen as I wanted. Now... I could use SLIF for this and just tell you that in SLIF you need to set Butt percentages a certain way, but then that affects all of your other mods that use SLIF. If SLIF can handle percentages of "inflation" on a "per mod" basis I haven't discovered how to do it yet.

So... I have to use the tools I know how to use at this point.

I have my SLIF set to register the player automatically. And when you see an NPC regiser for SLIF with this mod named as the reason, then you're seeing exactly what I'm seeing and that part is working as intended.

Since I'm not touching the hip slider in SLIF, I'm not sure my mod is responsible for moving your hip slider, but I have it running as I write this and will go have a look. 

Oh and I also have NiOverride set to 0% in SLIF and then use the BodyMorph percentages.

Just posting using the newest SLIF would cause more reporting of problems from those who don't,t trust outside web site I would advise  to use the most commonly used SLIF build 

saw this in posted log

Spoiler

[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME on script elvmain attached to ELV_MainQuest (A1005E57) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A100E209) is not the right type
[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME_MilkQUEST on script ELV_MakeMaidScene attached to  (A1047AF7) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A100E209) is not the right type

[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME_MilkLeakL on script ELV_Dia_FemaleGreetsMainScript attached to ELV_Dia_FemaleGreets (A1076E80) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A1030898) is not the right type
[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME_MilkMaidFaction on script ELV_Dia_FemaleGreetsMainScript attached to ELV_Dia_FemaleGreets (A1076E80) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A104D53B) is not the right type
[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME_MilkLeakL_MagicEffect on script ELV_Dia_FemaleGreetsMainScript attached to ELV_Dia_FemaleGreets (A1076E80) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A1030898) is not the right type

maybe properties are missing?

21 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

I think, but don't know, that this is a clue and along the lines of what's happening. I think slif processes the breast stuff and the hope morphs are applied directly. Remember, there's a new more added for processing morphs through slif being just breasts, belly, and butt. 

Yes, SLIF can do morphs directly. I already spoke to qotsafan about this. At this time, SLIF does direct morphs basically the same way I'm doing them. There is no real advantage for me to go in and add more code so if SLIF is installed it handles direct morphs. The hips just don't change often enough for it to be high on my priority list.

18 hours ago, Ed86 said:

saw this in posted log

Reveal hidden contents

[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME on script elvmain attached to ELV_MainQuest (A1005E57) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A100E209) is not the right type
[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME_MilkQUEST on script ELV_MakeMaidScene attached to  (A1047AF7) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A100E209) is not the right type

[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME_MilkLeakL on script ELV_Dia_FemaleGreetsMainScript attached to ELV_Dia_FemaleGreets (A1076E80) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A1030898) is not the right type
[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME_MilkMaidFaction on script ELV_Dia_FemaleGreetsMainScript attached to ELV_Dia_FemaleGreets (A1076E80) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A104D53B) is not the right type
[09/24/2018 - 11:50:52AM] ERROR: Property MME_MilkLeakL_MagicEffect on script ELV_Dia_FemaleGreetsMainScript attached to ELV_Dia_FemaleGreets (A1076E80) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (A1030898) is not the right type

maybe properties are missing?

I think that's the case, Ed. When I updated the MME version in my CK working install (I have 2 Skyrim directories. A real one and a copy just for working in CK) I forgot to set the esm flag the first time I ran it and it screwed over a lot of properties. I'll have to hunt these down and refresh them. 

** Edit ** yep... that was it. I reset those and they'll be in the next update. So those errors should disappear

9 hours ago, chajapa said:

Yes, SLIF can do morphs directly. I already spoke to qotsafan about this. At this time, SLIF does direct morphs basically the same way I'm doing them. There is no real advantage for me to go in and add more code so if SLIF is installed it handles direct morphs. The hips just don't change often enough for it to be high on my priority list.

That's only partially true, yes, BodyMorphs are handled the same way, but setting them directly via SLIF works in conjunction with the default inflate system of SLIF, if you are using BodyMorphs instead of NiNodes.

On 9/25/2018 at 4:53 PM, qotsafan said:

That's only partially true, yes, BodyMorphs are handled the same way, but setting them directly via SLIF works in conjunction with the default inflate system of SLIF, if you are using BodyMorphs instead of NiNodes.

I'll take another look when I get back from this trip we're about to take. 

• 2 weeks later...

So i suppose this is some kind of a "continuation" of that other dialogue mo you made a long time ago (i still use it btw)? If so it's safe to to remove the old one then?

edit: Help! I crash as soon as itry to freshen her for the first time! Also it is at the "you are trembling" part too and i am using XPMSE it's put almost deadlast in both the left and right pane and nothing is overwriting it. I also replaced the body meshes and textures to the ones i made (the mesh with bodyslide). I also replaced the armor meshes while i was at it.

edit2: Yeah, there DEFINATELY is something wrong here. I tried to change a random npc's boobs but the same ctd happened. It looks like it really doesn't like anything cbbe related. I'm gonna get rid of it for now as it is unplayable for me and i'm certainly not gonna change bodytype for one mod.

12 hours ago, terrorofmorrowind said:

So i suppose this is some kind of a "continuation" of that other dialogue mo you made a long time ago (i still use it btw)? If so it's safe to to remove the old one then?

edit: Help! I crash as soon as itry to freshen her for the first time! Also it is at the "you are trembling" part too and i am using XPMSE it's put almost deadlast in both the left and right pane and nothing is overwriting it. I also replaced the body meshes and textures to the ones i made (the mesh with bodyslide). I also replaced the armor meshes while i was at it.

edit2: Yeah, there DEFINATELY is something wrong here. I tried to change a random npc's boobs but the same ctd happened. It looks like it really doesn't like anything cbbe related. I'm gonna get rid of it for now as it is unplayable for me and i'm certainly not gonna change bodytype for one mod.

I'm curious as to why this is happening....

When you built the body and armor meshes did you build the morph files ?

Is there something like RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp in your right pane? Active?

Do you have SLIF installed? (Not required but it may help me narrow this down if I know whether or not you have it)

Do morphs... in general... work in your setup?

I don't do any node scaling. Everything is done with body morphs. 

2 hours ago, chajapa said:

I'm curious as to why this is happening....

When you built the body and armor meshes did you build the morph files ?

Is there something like RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp in your right pane? Active?

Do you have SLIF installed? (Not required but it may help me narrow this down if I know whether or not you have it)

Do morphs... in general... work in your setup?

I don't do any node scaling. Everything is done with body morphs. 

Everything with the bodies is ok because i can get morphs to work with normal MME and soulgem oven 3. Atleast that's what you mean by morphs right? I also have sexlab hormones active as well which don't cause any issues either. Nothing is overwriting anything in the left pane nor the right one since i put xpmse dead last (wel close to it) in my load order i both left and right. I don't have slif installed either. I d have to mention that despite having a vaginahdt.xml file it just won't budge somehow but i highly dout that is the cause of it because then the other ones should ctd too.

I'm not sure how hard it is to use the same systems as the authors of the previously mentioned is but maybe take a look at how they did it. Although i'm pretty sure all of them actually do use node scaling. I'm not sure ho much work is involved with it but maybbe you're better off using node scaling in the long run because it seems to be far more comaptible with all kinds of body mods. Just a suggestion. I went back to your old "Jugs" mod for the time being. Good luck.

Btw sorry if i sounded a bit angry in there. It was pretty late over here Once i had everything in place (about 4:00 am) and to find out all of that was for nothing was a bit more then just "annoying" as you can imagine.

edit: Also i don't actually have to look for a cuirass apparently? because i can just give her one...? Yeah, i don't know what's up with that. I thought i had to actually buy it or craft it but nope i pretty got it out of my ass or something...

edit2: Are you sure there isn't atypo in any of the scripts controlling the morphs or something? It's usually always something stupid like that can mess up everything.

1 hour ago, terrorofmorrowind said:

Everything with the bodies is ok because i can get morphs to work with normal MME and soulgem oven 3. Atleast that's what you mean by morphs right? I also have sexlab hormones active as well which don't cause any issues either. Nothing is overwriting anything in the left pane nor the right one since i put xpmse dead last (wel close to it) in my load order i both left and right. I don't have slif installed either. I d have to mention that despite having a vaginahdt.xml file it just won't budge somehow but i highly dout that is the cause of it because then the other ones should ctd too.

I'm not sure how hard it is to use the same systems as the authors of the previously mentioned is but maybe take a look at how they did it. Although i'm pretty sure all of them actually do use node scaling. I'm not sure ho much work is involved with it but maybbe you're better off using node scaling in the long run because it seems to be far more comaptible with all kinds of body mods. Just a suggestion. I went back to your old "Jugs" mod for the time being. Good luck.

Btw sorry if i sounded a bit angry in there. It was pretty late over here Once i had everything in place (about 4:00 am) and to find out all of that was for nothing was a bit more then just "annoying" as you can imagine.

edit: Also i don't actually have to look for a cuirass apparently? because i can just give her one...? Yeah, i don't know what's up with that. I thought i had to actually buy it or craft it but nope i pretty got it out of my ass or something...

edit2: Are you sure there isn't atypo in any of the scripts controlling the morphs or something? It's usually always something stupid like that can mess up everything.

No apologies needed. I know how frustrating it can be.

I'm pretty sure if there was a typo in the scripts doing the morphing, it would be broken for me as well. And it's not. I've actually just shut it down after letting it run for 2 straight days. With Elsie and another milkmaid making the female residents of several cities into cows. 

And as to your first question, no. Morphs are entirely different from node scaling. And just because you have MME and SGO3 scaling breasts and bellies and butts, does not necessarily mean you have morphs working at all. For morphs to work you need to have installed BodySlide with the RacemenuMorphsCBBE option ticked. (Or RacemenuMorphsUUNP if using UUNP bodies). So in your RIGHT pane of MO, you should see RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp as a plugin. And it needs to be active.

And yes, those esp come with BodySlide, not RaceMenu. You also need to have built your bodies and armor with the "build morph files" box ticked in BodySlide. That will generate the .tri files needed for morphing to be managed.

Body morphs allow so much more control than node scaling. Instead of just making a breast ... longer... for example.. as it fills. You can make it rounder, bigger, etc. Using SLIF I could basically turn off morphing and let things scale the old fashioned way and it looked ... odd. I've been using SLIF and setting it to use BodyMorphs instead of NiOverride node scaling and I'm spoiled. Node scaling just doesn't compare.

I'll still have a look at the scripts. Right now they are kinda like.... if SLIF is installed do these inflates, if not, do these morphs... with no fallback to node scaling. 

I'll see about putting node scaling in there as well, but A) I don't like node scaling and B) I'll have to learn how to do it and C) get the numbers right so it doesn't look like absolute shit 

:)

3 hours ago, chajapa said:

No apologies needed. I know how frustrating it can be.

I'm pretty sure if there was a typo in the scripts doing the morphing, it would be broken for me as well. And it's not. I've actually just shut it down after letting it run for 2 straight days. With Elsie and another milkmaid making the female residents of several cities into cows. 

And as to your first question, no. Morphs are entirely different from node scaling. And just because you have MME and SGO3 scaling breasts and bellies and butts, does not necessarily mean you have morphs working at all. For morphs to work you need to have installed BodySlide with the RacemenuMorphsCBBE option ticked. (Or RacemenuMorphsUUNP if using UUNP bodies). So in your RIGHT pane of MO, you should see RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp as a plugin. And it needs to be active.

And yes, those esp come with BodySlide, not RaceMenu. You also need to have built your bodies and armor with the "build morph files" box ticked in BodySlide. That will generate the .tri files needed for morphing to be managed.

Body morphs allow so much more control than node scaling. Instead of just making a breast ... longer... for example.. as it fills. You can make it rounder, bigger, etc. Using SLIF I could basically turn off morphing and let things scale the old fashioned way and it looked ... odd. I've been using SLIF and setting it to use BodyMorphs instead of NiOverride node scaling and I'm spoiled. Node scaling just doesn't compare.

I'll still have a look at the scripts. Right now they are kinda like.... if SLIF is installed do these inflates, if not, do these morphs... with no fallback to node scaling. 

I'll see about putting node scaling in there as well, but A) I don't like node scaling and B) I'll have to learn how to do it and C) get the numbers right so it doesn't look like absolute shit 

:)

Morphs do work though and i have CBBEmorphs active. It shows up in racemenu too. Hmm, maybe if itry to set a number in it's tab when creating a female player, may be a test to see if it will crash as well? I'm gonna try that right now! Also i always buil my bodies with the morph option on in bodyslide too.

edit: *sigh*...yep, apparently there is something wrong with the racmenuCBBEmorph.esp file. When i tried to use the sliders in racemenu on a female character it crashed the game. So yeah nothing wrong on your end. My own stupid shit i guess. How do i solve this now though?

10 minutes ago, terrorofmorrowind said:

Morphs do work though and i have CBBEmorphs active. It shows up in racemenu too. Hmm, maybe if itry to set a number in it's tab when creating a female player, may be a test to see if it will crash as well? I'm gonna try that right now! Also i always buil my bodies with the morph option on in bodyslide too.

edit: *sigh*...yep, apparently there is something wrong with the racmenuCBBEmorph.esp file. When i tried to use the sliders in racemenu on a female character it crashed the game. So yeah nothing wrong on your end. My own stupid shit i guess. How do i solve this now though?

If you go into your default body meshes folder, are there .tri files?

Better yet.... go into the Data tab in the right pane, scroll down to meshes, find your femalebody meshes. The .tri files should be there too. This way you'll see them even if they're in an overwrite or something

4 minutes ago, chajapa said:

If you go into your default body meshes folder, are there .tri files?

Better yet.... go into the Data tab in the right pane, scroll down to meshes, find your femalebody meshes. The .tri files should be there too. This way you'll see them even if they're in an overwrite or something

Nono, i may have found something that might REALLY interest you. Even better sticky it as soon as you can! Apparently it's a c-malloc (whatever the hell that means) issue that happens when you try to scale things AND have "UseOSAllocators" on. Here have a look yourself:

EDIT: BREAKTHROUGH PEOPLE! It FIXED it. But i do need to find other ways to deal with the memory issue now though. UseOSAllocator was a really damn good anut ctd fix while it lasted...