Elsie LaVache for MME - v3.4

Same "Elsie LaVache is waking up..." message here too.

Every time I load a save the message shows up again in the corner, even if I've already received the message on that save before.

I tried speaking to her at the Riverwood Trader, there is no quest dialogue, only 'Follow me, I need your help.'

The quest is listed under Miscellaneous and nothing happens when you find/talk to her.

It might be unrelated but these Errors/warning show up in my papyrus logs:

Spoiler

Error: Unable to bind script ELV_DiaGreets_PlayerAliasScript to alias PlayerAlias on quest ELV_DialogueGreetings (CA06E7A6) because their base types do not match
warning: Property Alias_Player on script ELV_TrainCanPers_milk attached to  (CA03F41A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
warning: Property PlayerVoice on script trackInSameCell attached to Active effect 7 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

She should do a force greet when you enter the shop and get close enough. She should be naked when you first enter the shop. 

7 hours ago, ebeck said:

I am having the same issue.  I get the waking up message, I get the journal entry and the location arrow but still only get the standard follower dialogue when I talk to her.

7 hours ago, Shion11 said:

yes i  have that show on the top left, but i don't know who to talk to advance the quest

Wait.... are you playing a male character or a female?

32 minutes ago, Shion11 said:

female Dragonborn

That's why. This is written for a male player character. There are things that just won't look right for a female player. 

If you have a milk maid or take Elsie as a follower and make HER a milk maid, you should still get all of the extra dialogue for milk maids and cows, but there are some scenes and stuff that either won't play or they'll look a bit odd.

I really haven't had time to flesh out how this should all look and work for a female player. It may require a completely separate mod to keep it all straight.

8 hours ago, Shion11 said:

i would suggest a separate version where there's a lesbian version of the quest for elsie

There's actually a quest in there called Elsie_for_Her or something similar. I've just never had the time to do much more than create it almost as a placeholder for exactly this reason.

And every time I sit and start to plan out where to take it... it gets so complex that I end up leaving it as I really do think it's going to require a separate version. And if you had any idea how long it took me to get this far... heheh. 

1 hour ago, Nitribit said:

Hi, love the idea of this mod and Elsie looks great. Sorrily the Mini Quest is not appearing in my game. Even tried a new game but with the same results. Can you give a hint?  Or maybe the setstage commands?

#1 Are you playing a male character or female character?

On 9/20/2018 at 12:57 AM, hylysi said:

Same "Elsie LaVache is waking up..." message here too.

Every time I load a save the message shows up again in the corner, even if I've already received the message on that save before.

I tried speaking to her at the Riverwood Trader, there is no quest dialogue, only 'Follow me, I need your help.'

The quest is listed under Miscellaneous and nothing happens when you find/talk to her.

It might be unrelated but these Errors/warning show up in my papyrus logs:

Hide contents

Error: Unable to bind script ELV_DiaGreets_PlayerAliasScript to alias PlayerAlias on quest ELV_DialogueGreetings (CA06E7A6) because their base types do not match
warning: Property Alias_Player on script ELV_TrainCanPers_milk attached to  (CA03F41A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
warning: Property PlayerVoice on script trackInSameCell attached to Active effect 7 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

ELV_DiaGreets is an unused quest. It's there for future development but not connected to anything.

The 2 warnings are for similar situations... stuff I am planning but that are not implemented.

OK... how about this?

I can remove the condition check that looks to see if the player is male. That should open up everything to female player characters.

I can't go back through and test every dialogue and scene if I do this. It's just too tedious and I don't have time.

I THINK I only set that condition on the Main Quest.

If that's correct and I remove the condition, it's going to be up to you folks playing female characters to tell if if something is just absolutely terrible.

AND... I can't promise I'll fix anything that's absolutely terrible :D

But at least this will give you access to all of the content.

I'll try and do this tonight or tomorrow.

What you'll get is simply a replacement esp file. 

34 minutes ago, chajapa said:

OK... how about this?

I can remove the condition check that looks to see if the player is male. That should open up everything to female player characters.

I can't go back through and test every dialogue and scene if I do this. It's just too tedious and I don't have time.

If that's correct and I remove the condition, it's going to be up to you folks playing female characters to tell if if something is just absolutely terrible.

I happened to be having a nosy in TES5Edit, I saw the condition in Main Quest and Dialogue_1. Thanks for the great mod!

16 minutes ago, Skyrimshaw said:

I happened to be having a nosy in TES5Edit, I saw the condition in Main Quest and Dialogue_1. Thanks for the great mod!

Dialogue_1 is started by a hello event. By design one of those actors has a condition that it must be a male NPC doing the greeting. So if you change that one, I'm not at all sure what result you'll get.

Ok... before I put this in the general upload area. Try it out. I removed the condition that the Player must be male.

Again... this was written for a male player character. Removing that condition may result in dialogue or scenes that don't make sense if you're playing a female character.

But at least you should see the content.

You will have to manually replace the original esp with this one. It's just an esp update, not the entire quest.

Elsie-removedMalePC-condirion.7z

7 hours ago, chajapa said:

OK... how about this?

Hah, I am *just* about to do exactly this myself as I realized Elsie has a *lot* more going for her than a pretty face (I was mistaking generic MME lines to be her milk lines, and she was actually doing some of her radiant NPC conversations just acting like a vanilla follower under EFF).  Just thought I'd do a quick thread search to see if there was any mentions of what was blocked by the player=male condition before I did some TES5Edit scalpel work, hopefully if that's the only blocker removing it and installing on a cleaned save will work for me. 

I'm sure some of the scenes won't exactly make a lot of sense, but I can live with that.

I'll post again here if that one change opens up her quests and dialogue for me - I don't particularly mind if it causes issues because the save is currently a throw-away for trying out a bunch of MME mods at once (Addict/Elsie/Latest Being A Cow beta update/MME itself).

Edit: oooor you'll beat my post and I can just try your edit first. :classic_tongue: Thanks,

All of the greetings that happen where NPCs walk up to Elsie and talk to her, or when a cow gets approached by an NPC or when a cow solicits an NPC... is all done by the game's built-in systems and events. The dialogue in those scenes is obviously mine, but the mechanism was already there so I didn't have to add packages and timers and scripts and all that.

It also means the greetings are random. Sometimes they'll happen a lot, and sometimes it takes forever to get someone to talk to her.

ALSO.. this is LARGELY dependent on MME's NPC comment chance. So go into MME's MCM -> Settings and set NPC Comments to 100%

If people get too chatty you can always turn it down, but I leave it at 100% for testing

Having more fun with this mod than I've had with a mod in a long time. I see this and slaverun reloaded as making some really interesting game play.

Couple of suggestions/requests; add the BreastsSmall morph and either add butt and buttsmall instead of hips, or at least add them. On all my NPCs, the hips become very wide and I have to manually tune them to get something pleasing to my eye. Or ideally, add an MCM menu to allow players to tune the look to their preferences.

17 minutes ago, chajapa said:

All of the greetings that happen where NPCs walk up to Elsie and talk to her, or when a cow gets approached by an NPC or when a cow solicits an NPC... is all done by the game's built-in systems and events. The dialogue in those scenes is obviously mine, but the mechanism was already there so I didn't have to add packages and timers and scripts and all that.

It also means the greetings are random. Sometimes they'll happen a lot, and sometimes it takes forever to get someone to talk to her.

ALSO.. this is LARGELY dependent on MME's NPC comment chance. So go into MME's MCM -> Settings and set NPC Comments to 100%

If people get too chatty you can always turn it down, but I leave it at 100% for testing

Thanks for the insight - will keep that in mind if I find the MME comments are too rare, as they'll be fighting for space with Being a Cow comments (and normally Sexist Guards comments, but for testing purposes I'm disabling those).

Your edit definitely worked for the quest itself - loading it on a clean save caused me to see a lot more dialogues on regular NPCs and followers about being a milkmaid or finding a "guide" for them.  The only issue I ran into was with Elsie herself - there is one more "IsMale" conditional on the very first dialogue with Elsie, when you meet her in the Riverwood Trader.  I simply closed out the game, removed the conditional on the dialogue in TES5Edit, and reloaded right infront of her and completed the initial backstory/recruitment dialogue with no problems.  I'll report if I run into any weird breaks and/or if I find other conditionals so you can fix them before uploading a patch to the download page - for now just the dialogue conditional is the only extra one I've found.

One possible issue - Kaidan (male custom follower) has an dialogue option that looks like it will lead to him being a milkmaid.  I haven't clicked on it obviously, but possibly an NPC male conditional got removed on that dialogue by accident (or he's just screwy because of his custom follower system).

Honestly, for now the initial dialogue seemed perfectly natural for a female PC - I'm sure later dialogues may get more... specific... but based on the writing I'm seeing so far I can live with that!