Hey! I am completely stuck with the Behind Bars quest. I cannot resolve it in game. I have read some posts going back to 2017 about this quest and it appears as bugged as a swamp full of skeeters! Does anybody know the quest ID and stage to complete this quest please? I have Linley/Sivid following me around non stop and short of killing her I don't know what to do!!!

THANKS!!

10 hours ago, Jahtoris said:

The Drunkard and the blacksmith quest issue:

Hide contents

PC caught sigrid and embry, and killed embry. Was caught by Sven who is now periodically blackmailing her (fun!). 

Issue is: Quest log still has "the drunkard and the blacksmith" listed, with the subquest "confront the couple and decide what to do" as active and uncompleted (?). I've tried talking to everyone, including Alvor when he returns, waiting a few days, zoned in and out, etc and nothing seems to progress. Wasn't sure if getting blackmailed by Sven was the end of the questline with that choice, or am I missing something? Thanks!

I'm still working through all the paths on this one and haven't yet done a playthrough where that situation happens, so knowing how you got there will be very helpful for the walkthrough. I assume this is the path you took:

Spoiler

you did NOT give Embry money, Alvor/Dorthe went to Whiterun, you caught Sigrid/Embry and killed Embry, Alvor/Dorthe came back, you told Alvor.

Do you remember generally what you said to Embry and/or Sigrid during that scene in the house?

2 hours ago, jpee1965 said:

Hey! I am completely stuck with the Behind Bars quest. I cannot resolve it in game. I have read some posts going back to 2017 about this quest and it appears as bugged as a swamp full of skeeters! Does anybody know the quest ID and stage to complete this quest please? I have Linley/Sivid following me around non stop and short of killing her I don't know what to do!!!

THANKS!!

DI_Quest_Behind 200

Note there are at least four other side quests with different IDs that branch off the main one so I don't know if completing the main quest might screw anything up if you haven't also completed those. Are you stuck before or after you

Spoiler

take her to the Ragged Flagon?

9 hours ago, nordwithasword said:

DI_Quest_Behind 200

Note there are at least four other side quests with different IDs that branch off the main one so I don't know if completing the main quest might screw anything up if you haven't also completed those. Are you stuck before or after you

Hide contents

take her to the Ragged Flagon?

Well I started Behind Bars before starting any of the Thieves Guild quests. I had been to the Ragged Flagon on one prior occasion just to visit.

THANKS!

EDIT: OK, after you meet Mercer and he welcomes you to the Guild, the conversation will switch to Brynyolf. During THAT dialogue you will see options to let Svidi stay with the Guild. There is more too this after that but I don't want to spoil anything.

BEHIND BARS.jpg

On 12/14/2020 at 7:22 AM, nordwithasword said:

If there's a quest marker but the NPC isn't showing up, it usually means that NPC is dead. If they've already died in some other game event such as a dragon attack, vampire attack, or in another vanilla or mod quest, everything breaks and you can't move on. I had this issue with other NPCs in other quests in this mod.

If he's dead, you can fix this by resurrecting him using console commands.

I looked for known vanilla bugs on Caius and apparently there are situations not related to this mod where he just disappears so it's hard to tell if this is mod-related or vanilla.

The other possibility is that if you've finished the Whiterun civil war battle and the Stormcloaks took Whiterun, he isn't the guard captain in Whiterun anymore. I don't know if the quest allows for that situation and replaces him with the new Stormcloak captain, Simnir. Can anyone confirm/deny? I'm gradually dredging through all the code for the blacksmith quest and will hopefully have an answer to that in the next few days.

Thanks for the reply, i resolved the issue simply waiting for the night Embry showed up at sigrid house and the quest continued.

12 hours ago, nordwithasword said:

Do you remember generally what you said to Embry and/or Sigrid during that scene in the house?

Actually, just confronted Embry with "die scum" or something, then killed him. Didn't say anything to Sigrid. Alvor is in whiterun (did not give Embry money). When Alvor returns, no further dialogue options, nor any with Sigrid (or anyone else). Sven does do a lot of blackmailing since then.

On 12/18/2020 at 8:13 AM, Jahtoris said:

Hide contents

Actually, just confronted Embry with "die scum" or something, then killed him. Didn't say anything to Sigrid. Alvor is in whiterun (did not give Embry money). When Alvor returns, no further dialogue options, nor any with Sigrid (or anyone else). Sven does do a lot of blackmailing since then.

Good to know, thanks. I think (not sure) that you need to talk to Sigrid during that scene, then you'll get the option to blackmail her, say you believe her story about why it happened, tell Alvor etc. But it's entirely possible that the quest just doesn't complete in this situation ... another thing to add to the ongoing revision list...

On 12/18/2020 at 4:51 AM, jpee1965 said:

EDIT: OK, after you meet Mercer and he welcomes you to the Guild, the conversation will switch to Brynyolf. During THAT dialogue you will see options to let Svidi stay with the Guild. There is more too this after that but I don't want to spoil anything.

Perfect, thanks. I'll add that to the walkthrough. I hadn't realized you could join the guild without talking to Brynjolf at this step so yeah, talking to him is the important part to mention.

On 12/18/2020 at 2:52 AM, kaizersoze27 said:

I am now having a small issue on the Nazeem's cloud district questline. I lured the giant to Lorius farm and that objective shows up as successful in my quest, however, Nazeem is still there at the farm, he is not back to Whiterun

Was Nazeem at the farm and outdoors when you went to lure the giant? You might have to go back to an earlier save and make sure about that before you bring the giant. If he's outdoors then you can run past him and the giant will stop to fight him instead of you.

14 hours ago, nordwithasword said:

Perfect, thanks. I'll add that to the walkthrough. I hadn't realized you could join the guild without talking to Brynjolf at this step so yeah, talking to him is the important part to mention.

Just to clarify, I did speak with Brynjolf in the Market, did Madesi's ring and the three extortion quests (first TG quests) . Then as you normally progress Brynjolf takes you out to the Cistern where you meet Mercer and it flows on from there.

It's just that Svidi was with me the whole time lol.

CHEERS!

On 12/20/2020 at 4:25 AM, nordwithasword said:

Was Nazeem at the farm and outdoors when you went to lure the giant? You might have to go back to an earlier save and make sure about that before you bring the giant. If he's outdoors then you can run past him and the giant will stop to fight him instead of you.

Thank you. Yes, he was. I went to the farm, the marker was pointing to Nazeem, he was outside. I lured the giant, who proceeded to beat the crap out of the farm and Nazeem ran in fear. But after a while he just goes back and sits on the chair on the porch of the Lorious hut. 

Hey!  I just walked into Solitude for the first time and happened upon the marketplace, where I saw a few Thalmor standing around with a hooker and threatened to rape her wearing an Amulet of Talos (because that's a holy object to the Stormcloaks). So the action starts and some chick behind a wagon immediately gets pissed and attacks (being set upon and killed instantly by the Thalmor). Having never SEEN this before, I am prompted to follow the Thalmor back up into the towers of Castle Dour where they stand around and chit chat. After all that, I'm told to go kill a pimp and another hooker coming in from the Embassy. I go do that and then I am prompted to keep their clothes because it will make it easier to get into the Thalmor Embassy....... HUH!?!  Is this even a SLEN quest?? I haven't even got to doing the vanilla Embassy quest for Delphine yet! This is not going to play nice surely?? There is no hint at all of what it's all about ...

Hey!  I just walked into Solitude for the first time and happened upon the marketplace, where I saw a few Thalmor standing around with a hooker and threatened to rape her wearing an Amulet of Talos (because that's a holy object to the Stormcloaks). So the action starts and some chick behind a wagon immediately gets pissed and attacks (being set upon and killed instantly by the Thalmor). Having never SEEN this before, I am prompted to follow the Thalmor back up into the towers of Castle Dour where they stand around and chit chat. After all that, I'm told to go kill a pimp and another hooker coming in from the Embassy. I go do that and then I am prompted to keep their clothes because it will make it easier to get into the Thalmor Embassy....... HUH!?!  Is this even a SLEN quest?? I haven't even got to doing the vanilla Embassy quest for Delphine yet! This is not going to play nice surely?? There is no hint at all of what it's all about ...

Yep, that's part of one of the quests in this mod. It isn't connected to anything in the vanilla Thalmor Embassy stuff and shouldn't affect it, your location for this quest is the Thalmor Headquarters at Castle Dour, not the Embassy. It's part of The Jarl's Wife if I remember correctly (either that or Forbidden Love, I first did it a long time ago and haven't finished either of those yet in the current playthroughs I'm doing to get walkthroughs written up.

Thank you. Yes, he was. I went to the farm, the marker was pointing to Nazeem, he was outside. I lured the giant, who proceeded to beat the crap out of the farm and Nazeem ran in fear. But after a while he just goes back and sits on the chair on the porch of the Lorious hut. 

Bummer. I will add that to the list of things that aren't working. Thanks for the info.

Thank you, will wait for your updates. Btw, I did use console command to move him to whiterun, tried by moving him inside drunken hunstman, but Nazeem just walks back to Lorios farm

Any actual revisions I end up making aren't going to be soon. I'm not the original modder, I'm just working on learning everything about the mod so I can pick up where they left off, and hopefully make a new version with fixes and improvements/additions some time in 2021. For now, what I'd suggest is just try luring a giant again (going back to an earlier save if necessary) until you get it to work. I can confirm it worked for me and I've seen others saying so too, so I don't think this is a bug as such, probably just not set up ideally to always happen correctly.

Yep, that's part of one of the quests in this mod. It isn't connected to anything in the vanilla Thalmor Embassy stuff and shouldn't affect it, your location for this quest is the Thalmor Headquarters at Castle Dour, not the Embassy. It's part of The Jarl's Wife if I remember correctly (either that or Forbidden Love, I first did it a long time ago and haven't finished either of those yet in the current playthroughs I'm doing to get walkthroughs written up.

Oh geeze!  OK THANKS!

7 hours ago, nordwithasword said:

Any actual revisions I end up making aren't going to be soon. I'm not the original modder, I'm just working on learning everything about the mod so I can pick up where they left off, and hopefully make a new version with fixes and improvements/additions some time in 2021. For now, what I'd suggest is just try luring a giant again (going back to an earlier save if necessary) until you get it to work. I can confirm it worked for me and I've seen others saying so too, so I don't think this is a bug as such, probably just not set up ideally to always happen correctly.

Sure, will try it out again, thanks