• 2 weeks later...

Spent some time playing around with this mod, loved the Nazeem quest. But i gotta say everything else kinda feels like a chore. It's a great concept really, but the execution is far too vague for any comfortable play session and it entangles with many other preexisting quests too much causing too many roadblocks. I can tell a lot of work went into this, but the way it runs isn't very practical in my opinion.

6.9/10 gotta keep this disabled for now. A detailed walkthrough would be nice though because those hint documents are not that useful.

• 4 weeks later...

Stuck in The Jarl's Wife, but I don't think its the actual quest (DI_Quest_Jarl) but a subquest (DI_Quest_Thalmors_Scene).

I go to Solitude during stage 110 of DI_Quest_Jarl, the first scene with the Pimp and Prostitute.  The Pimp get paid by the Thalmor... and then nothing.  Everyone stands there until the end of time.   DI_Quest_Thalmors_Scene is stuck on stage 0 according to sqs in console.  Setstage di_quest_Thalmors_scene 10 gets me past that point - the assassin runs off, the Thalmor proceed to walk to their embassy.

What should normally happen?  What might the hangup be?

On 10/4/2020 at 11:58 PM, snarfies said:

Stuck in The Jarl's Wife, but I don't think its the actual quest (DI_Quest_Jarl) but a subquest (DI_Quest_Thalmors_Scene).

I go to Solitude during stage 110 of DI_Quest_Jarl, the first scene with the Pimp and Prostitute.  The Pimp get paid by the Thalmor... and then nothing.  Everyone stands there until the end of time.   DI_Quest_Thalmors_Scene is stuck on stage 0 according to sqs in console.  Setstage di_quest_Thalmors_scene 10 gets me past that point - the assassin runs off, the Thalmor proceed to walk to their embassy.

What should normally happen?  What might the hangup be?

Before thalmor man speak go to assassin behind the barrel and try to speak. at least i did it that way

• 2 weeks later...

ive tried searching for this but perhaps im being stupid is there a quest walk through section somewhere as in detail, and what the different options result in. thanks for any help much appreciated 

Or at least a hints PDF for part 2.0 just like for the other previous quests. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, japficracker said:

I've lured the Giant to the farm, it check marked that on the quest. But nothing has progressed. No dialogue for Nazeem. Is there a console command I can use to force it to bring up the next part? 

Just make it so that Giant attack Nazeem. You can always Use fury spell on Nazeem if he's acting like a chiken.

Spoiler

And then Nazeem Should be in Cloud Disctrict.

• 2 weeks later...

Blacksmith quest: Embry dead (by alvor). Took Sigrid to whiterun to get Alvor released. Had to pay captain instead of sex option cause Sigrid would just be stuck there and no longer follow. Alvor, sigrid and I (with Mjoll) arrive back in Riverwood and quest completes successfully. Problem is, Sigrid continues to follow PC - there's no conversion option to stop, nor an open quest. ResetAI did nothing. Not sure if a bug or normal.

So, I'd like to preface my complaints with the fact that the content see get so see in this mod is fan-fucking-tastic.  With that out of the way, we really need a roadmap here.  From what I can gather, there is heaps of content under the hood which is sad, because most of us will never see it.  I understand keeping the mystery about it, and the fact that you may need multiple flow charts to explain everything.  Most of us just don't know what we don't know.  It's terribly difficult to find things that you don't know exist.  I'm not sure why you'd want your content  hidden behind a wall of luck.

Can anyone explain the "Jarl's Wife" quest to me? The mod is so well written but goddamn does it not explain anything in the game, where am i supposed to find evidence for the Thalmor stuff? Someone explain this quest to me already. It's frustrating to be stuck in a stage.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:20 PM, Karlezeth said:

we really need a roadmap here.  From what I can gather, there is heaps of content under the hood which is sad, because most of us will never see it.  I understand keeping the mystery about it, and the fact that you may need multiple flow charts to explain everything.  Most of us just don't know what we don't know.  It's terribly difficult to find things that you don't know exist.  I'm not sure why you'd want your content  hidden behind a wall of luck.

Yep, see a few posts up from yours for my beginnings of a roadmap. I'm only about halfway through writing those up, but what I'm planning longterm is a revised and extended version which will have an MCM menu, an in-game questgiver, and a more obvious structure within the quests so it's a lot more user-friendly without losing any of the existing plot branches. I'm not the original creator of this mod, but they have abandoned it now, so we're not likely to get any more help from them.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:38 PM, spooky72 said:

Hello,  Thanks for the mod. i Have a problem with the blacksmith quest i can't find captain Caius the questmartker tell me he is in honningbrew but when i enter there is only the quest marker not the npc.

What i'm doing wrong?

If there's a quest marker but the NPC isn't showing up, it usually means that NPC is dead. If they've already died in some other game event such as a dragon attack, vampire attack, or in another vanilla or mod quest, everything breaks and you can't move on. I had this issue with other NPCs in other quests in this mod.

If he's dead, you can fix this by resurrecting him using console commands.

I looked for known vanilla bugs on Caius and apparently there are situations not related to this mod where he just disappears so it's hard to tell if this is mod-related or vanilla.

The other possibility is that if you've finished the Whiterun civil war battle and the Stormcloaks took Whiterun, he isn't the guard captain in Whiterun anymore. I don't know if the quest allows for that situation and replaces him with the new Stormcloak captain, Simnir. Can anyone confirm/deny? I'm gradually dredging through all the code for the blacksmith quest and will hopefully have an answer to that in the next few days.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:26 PM, keith5544 said:

so i told alvor to go to whiterun with dorthe, then after awhile he became dead and dorthe went missing. any specific area between riverwood and whiterun to trigger the rescue dorthe quest?

I finally finished writing up a walkthrough for this quest (it's on page 48 a few posts up from yours). I think this is the secret for triggering the rescue quest: regardless of whether you get any other notifications about Alvor being dead, he isn't OFFICIALLY dead and the rescue quest doesn't trigger, until you read the note Embry is carrying. So you have to pickpocket that note first, or loot it off Embry if Embry is dead. Once you read the note, it'll give you another "Warn Alvor" quest. NOW you can go and walk from Riverwood to Whiterun, and it'll trigger halfway along and give you the rescue quest.

Gonna become a drunkard myself after how much time it took me to figure out this one.

The Drunkard and the blacksmith quest issue:

PC caught sigrid and embry, and killed embry. Was caught by Sven who is now periodically blackmailing her (fun!). 

Issue is: Quest log still has "the drunkard and the blacksmith" listed, with the subquest "confront the couple and decide what to do" as active and uncompleted (?). I've tried talking to everyone, including Alvor when he returns, waiting a few days, zoned in and out, etc and nothing seems to progress. Wasn't sure if getting blackmailed by Sven was the end of the questline with that choice, or am I missing something? Thanks!