2 hours ago, mrloler said:

Testing the new version on SSE with my port, seems pretty stable (did not play pre 0.9 content though). Might post it soon after some more testing.

You should send to Dogma so he can post there, or else you would be leaking a playable version before Dogma's public release. The current beta is just for 5$ patreons, so be careful to not leak to everyone else.

1 hour ago, namjey said:

is extended version for patreons only scene included in 1.0? or that will come later?

That will probably come later, like in previous version.

8 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

Beta is up.  If you're running the English version, please download the latest Quest Vars patch to get things to render correctly.

Edit: Sorry, looks like a new NPC may have been added since Saturday and the patch needed to be updated.  Please download the new latest version.

Dogma - Thief Quest Vars.esp 57.13 kB · 53 downloads

When will you post your English version?

1 hour ago, Doobydoob said:

Can we expect the release on LL tonight? or will it be until tomorrow or so on?

I highly doubt about it, cause the mod is being tested now to find bugs and glitches for Dogma to fix. If i were to guess, i'd say we'll have to wait another week for it. but since i don't have access to mod right now i have no idea how many bugs out there and how much time Dogma needs to fix them all. Maybe some testers can give more clear idea about it, tho mod is just released like 12 hours ago i think we need to wait a little more for that too. 

I have been waiting for this update almost a year now, ironically the hardest part is to wait few more days :d

9 hours ago, lese8 said:

When will you post your English version?

When it's done.  Probably sometime around Christmas, assuming that I get time to work on it.

8 hours ago, sagar123 said:

Bruh this is amazing.. How long till public english 1.0 release on LL

8 hours ago, Doobydoob said:

Can we expect the release on LL tonight? or will it be until tomorrow or so on?

3 hours ago, ItsTraxex said:

beta seemed pretty stable from what I played so fingers crossed you guys can get it soon!

I found a pretty significant number of issues with the beta.  Haven't played through all of the side quests yet, but there are a ton of scenes that get stuck.  The next biggest update was v0.9.5, which took a little over two weeks of debugging.  I would estimate 3-4 weeks before this version will be ready for release.

Spoiler

The minigame with Kruvar is bugged. The PC will not change positions and remain frozen in her default pose on the bed. Also, once we finally get him to engage (I got the oral on our on all fours PC scene) he runs off and is nowhere to be found. I believe I checked every location in the area. Is that the end of the plot or have I failed to find him?

14 minutes ago, kakaer said:
  Hide contents

The minigame with Kruvar is bugged. The PC will not change positions and remain frozen in her default pose on the bed. Also, once we finally get him to engage (I got the oral on our on all fours PC scene) he runs off and is nowhere to be found. I believe I checked every location in the area. Is that the end of the plot or have I failed to find him?

I found a way to fix that:

1. Open console

2. Click on Kruvar

3. Enter command: disable

4. Hide console

5. Open console

6. Enter command: enable

7. Hide console

Weirdly enough, this bug only happens during the 2nd meeting with Kruvar. 

22 hours ago, Highborn said:

You should send to Dogma so he can post there, or else you would be leaking a playable version before Dogma's public release. The current beta is just for 5$ patreons, so be careful to not leak to everyone else.

Right, I am not supposed to leak Patreon exclusive content. I'll post this SSE 'conversion' guide for anyone who wants to play the latest build on Skyrim Special Edition. I will post my conversion when the 1.0 version gets public. 

First, get the latest Patreon build from https://www.patreon.com/DogmaMods ($5 tier required or higher)

Then extract the mod zip to a new folder, we will call it working directory, get Cathedral Assets Optimizer and use it on the working directory, selecting only nessesary optimizations in every tab. In the BSA tab make sure that only options: Extract BSA, Delete backups, Create BSA, Create the least BSAs possible are selected.

Remove SKSE directory from the working directory.

Move the ESP, ESM and BSA files from the working directory to SSE Data directory.

Get SSEEdit and open DogmaEngine.esm, double click on Record flags, uncheck ESM, save and close SSEEdit.

Rename DogmaEngine.esm to DogmaEngine.esp.

Get the SSE Creation Kit and go to File->Data, click on DogmaEngine.esp and click Set as Active file. Wait for it to load (you should disable warning message boxes in Creation Kit ini before doing that, google it).

After the file gets loaded, go to File->Save and close Creation Kit.

Open DogmaEngine.esp in SSEEdit, go to Record flags and check the ESM flag. Save the file, close SSEEdit and rename DogmaEngine.esp back to DogmaEngine.esm

Open Creation Kit again, this time set Dogma - Thief.esp as active file, wait for it to load, do a File->Save and close Creation Kit.

Move the Thief related esm, esp and bsa files from SSE Data directory back to the working directory.

I also added Dogma - Thief Quest Vars.esp from this post to the working directory, not sure if that's needed though (didn't test the mod without it). 

Compress all the files in the working directory into a zip or 7z file. The mod is now ready to be installed by any mod manager, I am using Mod Organizer 2. 

Some important notes:

1. It's best to use the Creation Kit on unmodified (not modded) Skyrim Special Edition. If you are using Mod Organizer 2, you should be fine since no changes are made to actual Skyrim Data files.

2. Since we removed the Mfg console plugin from the original mod (because given SKSE dll is not compatibile with SSE) you will need a replacement - use Mfg Fix for that. For me, facial expressions of the player character seem to get stuck after a scene ends, you will need to use the Reset facial expression option in Dogma - Thief MCM. 

3. Install Face Discoloration Fix mod to get rid of black faces of Dogma - Thief mod characters if you encounter this bug. Works well for me. 

4. Run FNIS after installing the mod obviously. Using Nemesis instead of FNIS is a hit or miss, it worked sometimes for me but creature animations will not work for sure. I'd recommend sticking to FNIS. 

5. I played the 0.96 version from start to finish and did encounter a few mod-breaking bugs, but many of them seem to be fixed in the 1.0 version. I consider the port to be very much playable. 

tldr: I consider Mfg Fix and Face Discoloration Fix hard dependencies of the SSE port. Don't forget about installing SSE counterparts of regular Skyrim version dependencies. 

SSE specific bugs:

Creature animations don't seem to work for me, not sure if that's because I don't have FNIS Creature Pack installed.

50 minutes ago, DerekRick said:
  Hide contents

Has anyone done the Epilogue with the memory potion? I can't figure out where to use it. My guess was the Bee and Barb but nothing happens when I drink it there. Any ideas?

Spoiler

There are 8 locations where the memory potion can be used.

1. Inside the Bee and Barb, on the bed in the room where you wake up if you have only 1 drink in the first meeting.  Does not appear if you made the other choice.
  2. Outside the Bee and Barb, on one of the benches on the side of the building nearest Haelga's.  Only appears if you had a second drink in the first meeting.
    1. After the above, another becomes available in the canals area.  This leads to a very obtuse quest objective about a hidden cave near a "tower of light" - whatever the hell that means - but it's actually just a hole in a cliff face just outside of Largashbur, to the East.
  3. Inside Haelga's Bunkhouse, on the bed where you meet with Stanius in Part 1 - this is the scene that's been in the mod since like v0.8.2 and is only available when applicable.
  4. In Solitude, in the alley behind the Winking Skeever where Petit's rapists hang out.  Only available if you drank with them to celebrate and got the scene with the stableboy.  I don't believe it's possible to get the settings for this correct via the skip script, so we'll have to play through parts 7 and 8 to see if this one works.
  5. In the arena, under one of the beds in the new area, where the punishment scene for committing 3 crimes in the Skunkway happens.  I have not been able to determine if this one does anything.
  6. In the Warrens in Markarth, on Marsus' straw mattress.  Available if you get drunk with Marsus and then ask him about what happened.  Definitely works but tends to cause crashes on my installation for some reason.
  7. In Markarth, inside the smelter near the entrance to the mine, right across the little bridge from the Warrens.  Available if you get drunk with Marsus (not sure if you have to let the two miners have their way with you).  This one seems to cause a hard freeze after it ends - your controls are permanently locked and can't be released.

When you drink one of the potions, you will see a little swirling globe of light that you can interact with in places where there are memories to find.

51 minutes ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi I just tried this beta version up until paying off Runa's debt. After the conversation, PC supposes to wait for Runa to sleep. But she just disappear. And I got stack in the quest as I cannot find Runa at all. What am I suppose to do?

The morning after being rescued, Runa goes straight to the door at the top of the stairs and tries to break in.

1 hour ago, mrloler said:

I found a way to fix that:

1. Open console

2. Click on Kruvar

3. Enter command: disable

4. Hide console

5. Open console

6. Enter command: enable

7. Hide console

Weirdly enough, this bug only happens during the 2nd meeting with Kruvar. 

It's occurrence is random in my case. It happened during 2nd, but also 8th meeting. 

56 minutes ago, mrloler said:

Right, I am not supposed to leak Patreon exclusive content. I'll post this SSE 'conversion' guide for anyone who wants to play the latest build on Skyrim Special Edition. I will post my conversion when the 1.0 version gets public. 

First, get the latest Patreon build from https://www.patreon.com/DogmaMods ($5 tier required or higher)

Then extract the mod zip to a new folder, we will call it working directory, get Cathedral Assets Optimizer and use it on the working directory, selecting only nessesary optimizations in every tab. In the BSA tab make sure that only options: Extract BSA, Delete backups, Create BSA, Create the least BSAs possible are selected.

Remove SKSE directory from the working directory.

Move the ESP, ESM and BSA files from the working directory to SSE Data directory.

Get SSEEdit and open DogmaEngine.esm, double click on Record flags, uncheck ESM, save and close SSEEdit.

Rename DogmaEngine.esm to DogmaEngine.esp.

Get the SSE Creation Kit and go to File->Data, click on DogmaEngine.esp and click Set as Active file. Wait for it to load (you should disable warning message boxes in Creation Kit ini before doing that, google it).

After the file gets loaded, go to File->Save and close Creation Kit.

Open DogmaEngine.esp in SSEEdit, go to Record flags and check the ESM flag. Save the file, close SSEEdit and rename DogmaEngine.esp back to DogmaEngine.esm

Open Creation Kit again, this time set Dogma - Thief.esp as active file, wait for it to load, do a File->Save and close Creation Kit.

Move the Thief related esm, esp and bsa files from SSE Data directory back to the working directory.

I also added Dogma - Thief Quest Vars.esp from this post to the working directory, not sure if that's needed though (didn't test the mod without it). 

Compress all the files in the working directory into a zip or 7z file. The mod is now ready to be installed by any mod manager, I am using Mod Organizer 2. 

Some important notes:

1. It's best to use the Creation Kit on unmodified (not modded) Skyrim Special Edition. If you are using Mod Organizer 2, you should be fine since no changes are made to actual Skyrim Data files.

2. Since we removed the Mfg console plugin from the original mod (because given SKSE dll is not compatibile with SSE) you will need a replacement - use Mfg Fix for that. For me, facial expressions of the player character seem to get stuck after a scene ends, you will need to use the Reset facial expression option in Dogma - Thief MCM. 

3. Install Face Discoloration Fix mod to get rid of black faces of Dogma - Thief mod characters if you encounter this bug. Works well for me. 

4. Run FNIS after installing the mod obviously. Using Nemesis instead of FNIS is a hit or miss, it worked sometimes for me but creature animations will not work for sure. I'd recommend sticking to FNIS. 

5. I played the 0.96 version from start to finish and did encounter a few mod-breaking bugs, but many of them seem to be fixed in the 1.0 version. I consider the port to be very much playable. 

tldr: I consider Mfg Fix and Face Discoloration Fix hard dependencies of the SSE port. Don't forget about installing the regular Skyrim version dependencies. 

SSE specific bugs:

Creature animations don't seem to work for me, not sure if that's because I don't have FNIS Creature Pack installed.

Thanks for the guide!

39 minutes ago, kakaer said:
  Hide contents

When Kurvar runs away from his dad once the PC gets him to stay after cleaning, do we have a chance to find him ourselves or is that it for his character? I don't know whether I should keep doing his minigame or move on wuth the plot.

Spoiler

I found out that the Kurvar character gets disabled after a scene with the PC, enabling his character again using the console gives no dialog options, my guess is that there is no more content related to him at the moment but I might be wrong (hopefully). 

10 minutes ago, Highborn said:

I still didn't play the mod but might start later tonight. So I'm not reading the comments here or on patreon to avoid spoilers. I just want to know if Dogma had to release any fix yet, or I can just install the 1.0 from the original link

Dogma hasn't posted any bug fixes as of yet. Beta 1.0 worked fined for me with some minor issues that can probably be worked around for the purpose of the playthrough.