1 hour ago, Doobydoob said:

A Small idea, and you might find this annoying for me to mention, but just thought i'd say.

Could the skip option after being arrested in Solitude skip to where the coin quest starts? The whole process with Vala going back and fourth just drags it out and there aren't really and scenes to go through it all with? If not it's all good. Just a suggestion! 

if i'm not mistaken, there is already a skip option for that. and i'm not talkin about the skip option on the thief menu on mcm. Last time when i re-played the mod from the start, it asked me if i played it before and want to skip all that ''walk of shame'' between blue palace and dungeons. 

1 hour ago, Highborn said:

The author doesn't speak English so he isn't active here on loverslab. You might want to contact him for suggestions on patreon or by his e-mail on the first page, using google translate, that's how we talk with him.

But on this topic, creating the skip function itself is already complicated, because of the many variables and branches you can have. He already said there won't be a skip function for the Skunkway part in this new update because it would require a lot of work. For the part you mentioned, he might do it, but I guess it would be a late priority.

Will we have to play the Skunkway from start to finish again? That's a shame.

1 hour ago, Delzaron said:

by the way, why Thief is incompatible with AFS ?

I think it's because of the horse chase scene. If I remember correctly, AFS does something to the horses so it can't be killed on that scene.

54 minutes ago, kakaer said:

Will we have to play the Skunkway from start to finish again?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Highborn said:

I think it's because of the horse chase scene. If I remember correctly, AFS does something to the horses so it can't be killed on that scene.

Yes.

Is there a command to check current ongoing quest ID, and use command to finish it?

This will at least help us to manually skip some part of skynkway....

1 hour ago, Seyhtan31 said:

if i'm not mistaken, there is already a skip option for that. and i'm not talkin about the skip option on the thief menu on mcm. Last time when i re-played the mod from the start, it asked me if i played it before and want to skip all that ''walk of shame'' between blue palace and dungeons. 

Yeah, that feature was added in like v0.9.2 or so.  It skips everything that happens in the dungeons and jumps right into the palace.  Technically there is the possibility of a scene in there, but it's not very substantial and all of the rest is a big time sink.  The palace gives you another opportunity for a much bigger scene, which is why the skip ends there.

1 hour ago, kakaer said:

Will we have to play the Skunkway from start to finish again? That's a shame.

Not to worry, there's a bunch of new stuff to do in there even before the end of Part 9.

2 hours ago, namjey said:

We need some more "leak" info about the new mode :)

Please, share something! ?

If you're really curious, here's what I can say for certain:

Spoiler

Karma requirements for some scenes have gotten quite high.  The highest value I've seen is 800.  Most/all of these look like big gangbang scenes

Skunkway plot:

Spoiler

You and Runa work together to gather materials and brew the memory potion.  It looks like the only way to get the materials is to pay Huzei to bring them to you.  It appears to be possible to fail when making the potion, and there are a few other money sinks that give you additional reasons to keep making money in the Skunkway

Once you have a potion, Runa uses it to find some evidence that the thief drugged her, and Torvir helps you break into the room.  The thief has escaped, but was caught by the guards and is scheduled to be executed.

Skunkway sidequests:

Spoiler

There's some kind of arena tournament that you can participate in.  Hard to tell anything about it, but you can definitely still fight naked if you want.

There's another high-roller at the dice table, and this time you have to play through multiple levels of other players to get to him.  It looks like you can challenge any of the characters in the main hall to play dice against you.  You have to beat him to get Torek's ring.  He is also a VIP at the Mast.

If you break the code there are several punishments that you will face, culminating in a bad end.

After the Skunkway:

Spoiler

The thief can be found in the dungeon, and refuses to tell you where to find your stolen things unless you help him escape the headsman.  If you fail to help him, he dies and you get a bad end.  If you succeed, he is sentenced to hard labor for life.

Spoiler

You now have to try to help him escape.  You can accomplish this in a few ways:

1. You can attack the prison caravan
  2. You can find out where he ends up and try to break him out

After this it gets a little fuzzy

Spoiler

If you aren't able to save him while he's being moved, it appears that you have to go to Markarth and ask around.

You will eventually get pointed to the innkeeper Kleppr.  Kleppr knows who can help you, but he wants 1000g for the information.  He will agree to give you a discount if you help him with a sidequest.

There is also a beggar who knows who to talk to.  It's not clear if you can skip Kleppr or if Kleppr sends you to the beggar.  He asks you to bring him some food, then some ale, then give him a kiss before he will tell you.  There are at least like 3+ ways that you can interact with the beggar depending on what you agree to.

You eventually get told that a retired prison guard named Marsus can help you.  Exactly what he wants is not clear, but you have the option of getting drunk with him at some point.  There appear to be a few ways of getting Marsus to help, but at least one of them involves allowing him to sell you to someone as a slave.

One of the ways of getting the thief out of the prison is to end up in there and effect an escape.  The prison seems to be very similar to Cidna mine, with all of the inmates working as miners to reduce their sentences, and an inmate who runs the place.  At least one of the methods of escape seems to be to overthrow this guy.  There may be other ways of getting the thief out, and other ways of escaping from the prison.

There is at least one prologue.

The memory potions can be used in a few places, depending upon choices that you make.

22 minutes ago, namjey said:

Is there a command to check current ongoing quest ID, and use command to finish it?

This will at least help us to manually skip some part of skynkway....

The commands you want are getstage, setstage, getobjectivecompleted, and setobjectivecompleted.

You can probably skip the first few days pretty safely with console commands, but it's hard to say without a lot of testing.  After that, you can always just use additem to give yourself a bunch of Dibellans.

44 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

That's strange... there is no use for Horses in AFS... I'll check.

My bad, I read "AFT" instead of "AFS" when you posted, so I thought you were talking about Amazing Follower Tweaks. I suppose you are talking about A Forsworn Story? Yeah, I don't know about the incompatibilities.

48 minutes ago, Highborn said:

My bad, I read "AFT" instead of "AFS" when you posted, so I thought you were talking about Amazing Follower Tweaks. I suppose you are talking about A Forsworn Story? Yeah, I don't know about the incompatibilities.

I know that AFS caused some kind of problem with the horse chase.  I'd have to look up the last time someone had a conflict to know for certain.

11 minutes ago, brewmasterhal said:

I know that AFS caused some kind of problem with the horse chase.  I'd have to look up the last time someone had a conflict to know for certain.

if i recall correctly, AFS changes some areas which thief uses, and it causes some crashes or bugs. thats why its incompitable with it.

3 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

That'd do it.  Any change to the area around the half moon mill will make Thief freak out.

Half moon mill...

I think it's linked to the werewolf path in AFS (an action  near glenmoril coven). This path was deleted, and in the current version, there is no action in Falkreath hold...

Maybe a cleaning will solve the problem.

5 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

If you're really curious, here's what I can say for certain:

Reveal hidden contents

Karma requirements for some scenes have gotten quite high.  The highest value I've seen is 800.  Most/all of these look like big gangbang scenes

Skunkway plot:

Reveal hidden contents

You and Runa work together to gather materials and brew the memory potion.  It looks like the only way to get the materials is to pay Huzei to bring them to you.  It appears to be possible to fail when making the potion, and there are a few other money sinks that give you additional reasons to keep making money in the Skunkway

Once you have a potion, Runa uses it to find some evidence that the thief drugged her, and Torvir helps you break into the room.  The thief has escaped, but was caught by the guards and is scheduled to be executed.

Skunkway sidequests:

Reveal hidden contents

There's some kind of arena tournament that you can participate in.  Hard to tell anything about it, but you can definitely still fight naked if you want.

There's another high-roller at the dice table, and this time you have to play through multiple levels of other players to get to him.  It looks like you can challenge any of the characters in the main hall to play dice against you.  You have to beat him to get Torek's ring.  He is also a VIP at the Mast.

If you break the code there are several punishments that you will face, culminating in a bad end.

After the Skunkway:

Reveal hidden contents

The thief can be found in the dungeon, and refuses to tell you where to find your stolen things unless you help him escape the headsman.  If you fail to help him, he dies and you get a bad end.  If you succeed, he is sentenced to hard labor for life.

Reveal hidden contents

You now have to try to help him escape.  You can accomplish this in a few ways:

1. You can attack the prison caravan
  2. You can find out where he ends up and try to break him out

After this it gets a little fuzzy

Reveal hidden contents

If you aren't able to save him while he's being moved, it appears that you have to go to Markarth and ask around.

You will eventually get pointed to the innkeeper Kleppr.  Kleppr knows who can help you, but he wants 1000g for the information.  He will agree to give you a discount if you help him with a sidequest.

There is also a beggar who knows who to talk to.  It's not clear if you can skip Kleppr or if Kleppr sends you to the beggar.  He asks you to bring him some food, then some ale, then give him a kiss before he will tell you.  There are at least like 3+ ways that you can interact with the beggar depending on what you agree to.

You eventually get told that a retired prison guard named Marsus can help you.  Exactly what he wants is not clear, but you have the option of getting drunk with him at some point.  There appear to be a few ways of getting Marsus to help, but at least one of them involves allowing him to sell you to someone as a slave.

One of the ways of getting the thief out of the prison is to end up in there and effect an escape.  The prison seems to be very similar to Cidna mine, with all of the inmates working as miners to reduce their sentences, and an inmate who runs the place.  At least one of the methods of escape seems to be to overthrow this guy.  There may be other ways of getting the thief out, and other ways of escaping from the prison.

There is at least one prologue.

The memory potions can be used in a few places, depending upon choices that you make.

Awesome story line. Can't wait to try out all scenes. Thanks for sharing ?

43 minutes ago, namjey said:

Dogma made a new post on patreon just now. 

Anybody know what is it about?

Beta is up.  If you're running the English version, please download the latest Quest Vars patch to get things to render correctly.

Edit: Sorry, looks like a new NPC may have been added since Saturday and the patch needed to be updated.  Please download the new latest version.

Dogma - Thief Quest Vars.esp

8 minutes ago, namjey said:

Is there any info when public version will be available?

How is beta version? Dogma said there are many bugs... still kinda playable?

Testing the new version on SSE with my port, seems pretty stable (did not play pre 0.9 content though). Might post it soon after some more testing.

2 hours ago, kakaer said:

Remember to use the spoiler option when speaking about new content.

First interesting find:

Spoiler

There is an achievement for using tcl to get past the wall of clutter in the Mast to the secret area.  There's nothing there yet, except for a sign written in norse runes.  It reads:

undeground theatre

gold   first row

aold   sekond row

eold   third row

food and drink at the espense of the establishment