1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

I start discussion as i promise.

To the all mod makers:

When you use libs.equipdevice(libs.player,libs.DD_Harness_Latex_Inventory,libs.DD_Harness_Latex_Rendered,false) with disable check correct DD items equip - it leads to damaged restraints as without check it unequipped previous equipped rendered device. So it triggers many errors and can end in item equip loop.

So i force this variable always be true. It should not equip device, if other device is in way.

So there is question - this check not takes so many time and also should we equip device by force, if it can end with damaged item?

If two items use same slot and you can't safely remove the equipped one then yes, you should prevent equipping new items with same slot.

13 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

If two items use same slot and you can't safely remove the equipped one then yes, you should prevent equipping new items with same slot.

It works in DD in other way

Says there is equipped Corset. Slot 36(U)

Device keyword Harness, Subitemtype corset

Someone calls equip Harness. Slot 36(U)

Device keyword Harness

So if it calls using true variable, then EquipDevice checks if there is equipped conflicting device and found equipped rendered device with keyword harness (corset and harness can't be equipped in one time), so it abort immediately without spawn inventory device.

If variable there is false (without hotfix) - so it not check what is equipped and straight go to spawn inventory device and equip it. Then it spawn rendered device and equip it instead of corset's rendered device. We got equipped inventory device harness and corset, rendered device harness, and invisible unequipped rendered device corset.

In reality as i added rendered devices protected system it will go in endless loop as corset will protect her rendered device and reequip it back, and also as harness found that her rendered device is unequipped, equips it back and cycle starts from start.

As about unequip system there will remove plugs, if belt is on the way, if variable is false. (i'm not test it mostly).

Edited by Elsidia
21 hours ago, Elsidia said:

In beta 1 i enlarge some items to fit upper catsuit.

Sounds like you adjusted the meshes of "some items" so they could be worn in combination with the catsuit and not show any of the catsuit clipped through those items? Without knowing which ones you altered, it's hard to know what to test in order to find out if the FG version has the same problems as the CBBE version did.

21 hours ago, Elsidia said:

In Beta 2 i delete boots from corset and use other meshes included in DD 2.0 not to change original corset with boots. All new items in bodyslide files contains word Large and are in group DeviousDevicesCatsuitFit -> file DeviousDevicesCatsuitFit.xml (in latest beta 2 mega archive)

Just to be clear, you removed the boot and body meshes from the restrictive corsets? I suppose the corsets will now need to rely on refining and expanding their mesh to avoid clipping with extreme body proportions, since zapping the covered parts of the body mesh will no longer be an option? (I assume that's why Kimy combined them originally.)

Also I'm not clear on what this (the change to corsets) has to do with catsuits, and what new items you mean. Or was that last sentence related to your comment about beta 1 rather than beta 2?

Anyway, I guess users can test out the current FG conversion, and if they encounter specific bugs and can explain what problems they're seeing exactly, I'll try to implement solutions and upload a new version.

22 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Are you having any problems with the 1.3.4 version? If so, let me know what's lacking and I can work on another update.

So far I've found no real problems. I've tried just about device in the new DD update last night. Only the neck brace stuff seemed a bit off when I put it on clipping into the shoulders.. Otherwise everything converted perfectly as far as I've seen.

Edited by Nightlistic
21 hours ago, Nightlistic said:

So far I've found no real problems. I've tried just about device in the new DD update last night. Only the neck brace stuff seemed a bit off when I put it on clipping into the shoulders.. Otherwise everything converted perfectly as far as I've seen.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do to replicate and possibly address that.

Also, anyone who's interested is welcome to take over that conversion and improve it. My skills with Outfit Studio are rudimentary at best, I merely followed some video tutorials and updated it to a newer FG body and to try accommodating the ongoing DD development work after wdaigle had stopped maintaining it. These days I'm more involved in working on my own mods, and have limited time to dedicate to any substantial overhaul of that DD+FG+HHS conversion should something significant need changing in it.

15 minutes ago, Mrs Taewa said:

Just a question, can I choose which DD's I use in game? Such as an MCM choice?

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5259-roggvirs-dd-items-manager/ (mentioned in https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-the-fucking-manual-~-adult-oriented-setup-guide-21stjanuary2024/ among other places) is respected by a variety of mods which support DD (I think I've run into some exceptions, but I have not sat down to isolate those issues).

10 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5259-roggvirs-dd-items-manager/ (mentioned in https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-the-fucking-manual-~-adult-oriented-setup-guide-21stjanuary2024/ among other places) is respected by a variety of mods which support DD (I think I've run into some exceptions, but I have not sat down to isolate those issues).

Thank you :) ..Yes, I have been using the manual (am new to the game), but I must have skipped over the Roggir somehow, couldn't see for lol :)

3 hours ago, Koopstaknicca21 said:

hey ive got a problem where when i equip a corset  my skin textures break and become purple, anyone ever experienced something similiar 

If you use latest DD 2.0 CE9 beta2, then corset is only for CBBE. For CBBE need build corset from DeviousDevicesCatsuitFit group and name of Corset contains large.

On 8/14/2023 at 1:19 PM, Elsidia said:

Clean save not necessary, but highly recommended.

If you use old save, before update, unlock all DD items from player and NPC. As those have old scripts and properties and will work wrong. And delete from game.

I made some easy tool, what deletes all DD items from container, NPC, or player. Just need put this item into container. Item name is DD item remover and can be crafted in Chemistry station or DD restraint bench in Miscellaneous Items section. Plugin will be added to this post.

To update mod, first delete old DD and install new.

DD_Item_Remover.7z 1.54 kB · 377 downloads

In the chemistry station I only find a settings tool for DD, but no remover. Does that mean the settings tool?

Done, instead of looking in “Miscellaneous” I looked in “Usable items” in the chemical station. Sunday blindness on my part, sorry for the unnecessary request.

Edited by deathmorph

this is going to be a bit of a longish post

ran into what i hope is just a typo but it might actually be a problem

upgraded to RC9 Beta 2 Hotfix last game and thought it was due to upgrading midgame (as far as i could tell everything was working)

pic taken on new game in pre-war sanctuary

Spoiler

image.jpeg.69fe297a33a517a5ee8c9460439926b4.jpeg

started new game (from desktop through MO2) and DD is saying AAF is not installed.

checked load order and Torture Devices, then AAF, then Devious Devices (which is how i have it for a while now)

process below on stuff i tried so far (each new game was saved after making character at the point right after you set special and name)

1 - when i saw this again i thought it might be due to starting new game with both AAF and DD installed, so

i removed DD (and related stuff), entered game, saved game, did a solo scene, saved game, dropped to desktop

put DD back in, loaded game (yes i got the DD initialized message), did a solo scene, saved game, checked (still not reading AAF)

quit to desktop, loaded game to make sure it did not just need to load again, still not reading AAF.

2 - started new game without DD installed, saved game, solo scene, saved again, dropped to desktop to put DD back in.  loaded game

and waited until after DD Initialized message (and any others), did solo scene, saved, checked still not reading AAF (166 Beta 7).

3 - started new game again without DD installed, solo scene, saved game, drop to desktop.  put DD in again and loaded game

wait until DD is initialized, did solo scene, saved, checked and still not reading AAF (171).

came to thread and checked and made sure i have latest version of DD (and i do), also checked to see if anyone else reported this (did not see any).

figure i better say what is currently happening so i can find out if it is a problem, or if it is just something on my end or what is happening.

56 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

came to thread and checked and made sure i have latest version of DD

Fast answer: possible something of DD modules not activated correctly - later i will test how to check it by console.

You can test, if AAF for DD is working - put on some blindfold and start sex scene - if dark part not removed, so DD not found AAF correctly.

7 hours ago, valcon767 said:

old game dark not removing so DD not finding AAF.

Seems not working PlayerRef Script or some variables not initialized.

Also if you use MO2 you  are 100% sure that you deleted and disabled all old DD?

I have a less ideas how to fix it, but first need do some console work to get as many info for me (maybe i can made fast fix)

I need status of DD Library quest:

in console type: sqv dd_library

Quest state:

Enabled Yes

State: running

If no report back

Now i need some variables state:

sqv dd_library config

config const need be equal to DD_Config

sqv dd_library aaf

AAF_Actor_busy need be AAF_Actor_Busy

Now the same for Config quest

sqv dd_config

need be enabled and running.

HasAAF must be true.

You can check if PlayRefScript is running -ther eis AAF related thing

Equip any DD item and can even manipulate locks.

Then in console player.showinventory

Last item must equipped DD rendered device

XX01A253 - worn - locked.

now try to unequip it with console:

unequipitem XX01A253

If Playerref script is working normally it will unequip latexblinfold (this id is for it) and equip it back. If not then somehow part of playerref script not work. 

17 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Seems not working PlayerRef Script or some variables not initialized.

Also if you use MO2 you  are 100% sure that you deleted and disabled all old DD? yes i double and triple checked and all old DD gone

I have a less ideas how to fix it, but first need do some console work to get as many info for me (maybe i can made fast fix)

I need status of DD Library quest:

in console type: sqv dd_library

Quest state:

Enabled Yes enabled

State: running running - stage 0 - priority 85

If no report back

Now i need some variables state:

sqv dd_library config   

Spoiler

image.jpeg.0698933aedbb9897b7c4e640fe87a73c.jpeg

config const need be equal to DD_Config

sqv dd_library aaf

Spoiler

image.jpeg.51bb6317211bce00fe7687f6de292ec4.jpeg

AAF_Actor_busy need be AAF_Actor_Busy

Now the same for Config quest

sqv dd_config

Spoiler

image.jpeg.7e2ce63f8993d820519fd1e63c3d1beb.jpeg

need be enabled and running.

HasAAF must be true.  this is where i run into something not right

Spoiler

image.jpeg.e7642c895b4b60000ac280e373f20ce3.jpeg

You can check if PlayRefScript is running -ther eis AAF related thing

Equip any DD item and can even manipulate locks.

Then in console player.showinventory

Last item must equipped DD rendered device

XX01A253 - worn - locked.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.ea0f501f04de4c58d6bfbf45afd22ecd.jpeg

now try to unequip it with console:

unequipitem XX01A253  does not unequip the blindfold as far as i can tell

If Playerref script is working normally it will unequip latexblinfold (this id is for it) and equip it back. If not then somehow part of playerref script not work. 

sorry for the delay (rl interruptus) and for kind of butchering your post but by putting the info there you can more easily see

the answers to what you were asking for.

from what you said part of the playerref script is not working right

not sure if this info is helpful but if i equip the right item the events (plug, collar, gag, armbinder, trip, and handcuff) do fire as they should.

also if i insert a chain bell it makes noise as it should.  as far as i can tell (by playing) any device equipped works as intended.

all mechanics (escape, struggle, removal etc) are working as far as i know.  when i remove a device normally it removes the effects

of the various devices.

the only thing i can find that is not working right is that it does not remove the blindfold effect during AAF scenes.

i suspect any other AAF specific adjustments are not working also due to it saying HasAAF = False

picture to show load order of Torture device, AAF, and DD

Spoiler

image.png.26d93cc2c8954c078c5e9f2c5a4383d3.png

58 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

the answers to what you were asking for.

Sorry i post my answer before found variables in post, so I deleted post. Most as i see is good. Only thing, what not activated is variable in Config quest HasAAF (this variable not important, only for MCM menu view). As i struggle read variables from PlayerfScript in game using console (have no clue how to do it) so i guess, that this script not get correct Config quest variable. So later (about 7 - 8 hours from this time) i will made some fast hotfix and see if it help. Maybe not as i still work blind.

4 hours ago, valcon767 said:

not sure if this info is helpful

I hope it was.

In original post i added archive - download it and rewrite original mod archive or install as new mod (in that case be sure that this archive rewrite original DD 2.0 CE9 beta2)

Original post: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=4159706

Also will be nice, if you report back even if all starts working (included blindfold remove effect in sex scenes)

Good luck!

For everyone, you can try install this hotfix too and report how it gone.

Edited by Elsidia
8 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I hope it was.

In original post i added archive - download it and rewrite original mod archive or install as new mod (in that case be sure that this archive rewrite original DD 2.0 CE9 beta2)

Original post: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=4159706

Also will be nice, if you report back even if all starts working (included blindfold remove effect in sex scenes)

Good luck!

For everyone, you can try install this hotfix too and report how it gone.

i have a savegame in sanctuary that has never had DD installed for testing purposes

ok total uninstall of last DD previous then installed the new hotfix

every variable you asked for previously is correct, except for this one

sqv DD_config

HasAAF = false (this should be true but is not in my game)

it is enabled and running

using console to try to unequip latexblindfold works (yes it puts it right back on as it should).

during scene blindfold effect not removed. 

tested a scene wearing boots (both slave ring heels and latex boots) and if DD is making height adjustments in game

it is also adjusting it correctly for AAF scenes. (i do have FO4 High Heels System, and fo4 HHTraining)

4 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

i have a savegame in sanctuary that has never had DD installed for testing purposes

Save a game after install a DD and load a save. Variables are refreshed only after load a game. Maybe this is problem.

Save a game after install a DD and load a save. Variables are refreshed only after load a game. Maybe this is problem.

just triple checked and on a load (with DD installed) still get the same results.  i am guessing there is something (probably real 

easy to do) that i am not doing.

the process i use to install DD (learned from playing Skyrim) is to install DD in MO2, load a game that never had DD installed.

wait for DD to finish initializing, check/adjust MCM, run a scene ( i usually do a solo scene), make hard save, quit to desktop,

reload last hard save, run another scene, check MCM again.  in Skyrim i learned that DD requires you to load a game after

installation to fully start.

i have no idea why DD in my game is not recognizing AAF, but as the only thing i can tell is not working right is the "remove

blindfold effect during scenes" i can live with that easily.  the only thing i can hope for is someone with more knowledge than 

me runs into the same issue and figures out what is causing it.

thanks for all your help, oh and a big THANK YOU for all the work you have done on mods.

7 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i have no idea why DD in my game is not recognizing AAF, but as the only thing i can tell is not working right is the "remove

blindfold effect during scenes" i can live with that easily.  the only thing i can hope for is someone with more knowledge than 

me runs into the same issue and figures out what is causing it.

I've tried to break it, can't seem to do it. Even toggling the remove effects off, run a scene, & on, run another scene, while wearing a blindfold.

One thing I stopped doing was using a vanilla save that was made after leaving the vault.

I noticed that just starting a new run and letting my mods activate naturally has resulted in a lot less issues.

I think forcing mods that normally activate in pre war Sanctuary, after waking up & then leaving the vault all at once, was causing issues that a save, quit, load just couldn't fix.

Buuuut..... that's me! 😜