SSE Criticism Thread Reloaded

Its all about properly optimizing your game, and setting everything correctly.

nobody can do that

some messing around in markarth

161210063621588844.jpg

that's markarth worldspace, have just tfc out of the city

that ground under the ground look strange

161210063613764538.jpg

same thing you can see with broken meshes, or hdt (didn't check yet if it's the same with original skyrim or if that's from a mod)

found that somewhere under whiterun too (under the limit where you are teleport above, so finding what it is...)

161210063557219944.jpg

Can I give advice? 
Your answers are often correct - and often misunderstood. ;)
Less pictures and a little more explanation may be helpful, especially if the help-seeking is not an expert. Because if he was an expert, he would not need any help.

Your screens are thoughts, perhaps there is the possibility that others can not follow your thoughts.
Just as a hint. ;)

I kinda don't get what do you want to achieve or show with these screens. Every city in Skyrim is set in its own *small world* hence why it bugs out outside the city walls. Because you are not supposed to be there, its small to be optimized for performance.

your are my hero

lol i ahve search where the problem and it hdt config from minou's when i change dll fille and ini with the original one

it work now without issuuu thank you

if possible your enb and texture is wowwwwwwwwwww

My own texture mix and ENB is based on the Rampage ENB with ELFX, of course tweaked a bit.

Every city in Skyrim is set in its own *small world* hence why it bugs out outside the city walls

16121011481974575.jpg

and 02063331 is..........

161210114809325256.jpg

a tree add by unof patch to solitude world

do you see solitude near that tree? it's markarth worldspace

persistent stuff is... persistent

I dont care, nor do I have an Opinion about Bethesda... I like Skyrim(old) and I like SSE.
I am favoring SSE as more and more mods come out because it does take advantage of my hardware better and I have noticed some good, and bad things that were left lingering...

Pluses for SSE:
1.  Loads faster.

2.  Transitions between outside and inside with 72 Mods running already with SSE.

3.  Some of the mods that USED to need SKSE, don't anymore.

Immersive Patrols doesn't kill the FPS or slow the game anymore.

4.   (FREE) for those that had the Legendary version of Skyrim or had previously bought all the DLCs.

5,   It looks like there is the potential for more global modifications to the game through new engine.  I.E.  Player 'bases', like the settlements in FO4.

6.   Stability... I ran a comparison between mods on Skyrim(old) and SSE, by loading a fresh copy of Skyrim(old) and building the same exact mods I could with SSE, even those that    use SKSE in Skyrim(old).  Difference in performance was dramatically in favor of SSE.

Minuses:

No SKYUI!  (other than the SkyUi2.2 reworked without skse).  Standard UI is so clunky and just bad.

No MCM (at the moment, looks like most Mod Authors that had been using MCMs, now create Spell/Shout interfaces, like Pipboy Holotapes in FO4)

Almost like the new way of delivering Mod UIs this way, but we'll see.

No SKSE (for use with many other mods).

Texture and blatantly poor mesh designs still prevail and are exacerbated to absurdity.  (Why put 64bit engine and still creep along with bad mesh/texture design?)

Without modding the textures, in either version, to be honest, makes it less enjoyable.

Time will tell as more mods are converted or migrated to SSE.   Basically the engine is more stable and can grab a larger chunk of memory, so I don't see the memory issues that Skyrim(old) had when it hit 3gig affecting SSE the same.

I enjoy playing Skyrim, Fallout 4 and don't give a rats ass about Bethesda nor any opinions FOR or Against them.  

Well my critic is actually the long nose Bethesda make to their clients/customers. For me it looks like a very arrogant company.

I can understand when you develop a game there are mistakes, bugs or something like that. Okay then you patch it. I also can understand when you rewrite the game you don't add things.

But if you rewrite the game you should think you don't rewrite the mistakes or the bugs. It seems to be a one on one rewritten copy to this special edition, we needed again to clean the dawnguard dragonborn heartfires and update.esm. Again it was advice able to use USSEP, because of the "mistakes" of bethesda.

And in my opinion if you rewrite the game you look to the community of users. Look to what they done to make things better without adding things. For example the better textures for clutter or snow. These are often even better in the original skyrim then in the vanilla skyrim se.

For me it is a big "shame on you Bethesda", very incapable to provide a quality game.

Shame on me because I like this game so very much.

here's something to check for the ones that have sse

161211095145192343.jpg

it's in the same state in skyrim bsa (and there's no replacer in ipdate bsa)

the nif optimisation warning of smco is because of those nifs

how does the one from sse bsa look like?

what about that?

161211095737917463.jpg

16121109573755540.jpg

and for the ones that unzip bsa

161211095710764463.jpg

161211095716948692.jpg

Bethesda.net modding is a bad joke.

I could imagine something terrible, but that is too much.

Start from the fact that you need a ESP, even if is just a texture replacer, them you cannot even have options for that mod.

Really, bethesda dev's should live in a bubble without even knowing that nexus, loverslab, modmanager and all that stuff exists.

Bethesda trying to control modding? Nah, that's just paranoia. /sarcasm

If they do go that route, and it really does seem like they're trying to, if only to charge real money for downloading mods, that will be financial suicide. There will undoubtedly be sheeple who cave in to it. But as long as sites like LL and others are around, they can't do it without completely rewriting their EULA to grant them exclusive rights to mod distribution. And that would kill Bethesda-game modding, destroy the company's reputation and the reputations of their employees (not just H and H), and likely spell the end of Bethesda as an owned body and soul bitchsubsidiary of Zenimax.

Looking at the evidence, though, they very well might do these things and destroy themselves. BethNet, quasi-curated modding, their past attempt at paid mod downloads, they clearly don't get what the modding community is about. It wouldn't be the first time the ignorant fools in charge of a company ran it into the ground by being completely detached from their customer base.

Bethesda trying to control modding? Nah, that's just paranoia. /sarcasm

If they do go that route, and it really does seem like they're trying to, if only to charge real money for downloading mods, that will be financial suicide. There will undoubtedly be sheeple who cave in to it. But as long as sites like LL and others are around, they can't do it without completely rewriting their EULA to grant them exclusive rights to mod distribution. And that would kill Bethesda-game modding, destroy the company's reputation and the reputations of their employees (not just H and H), and likely spell the end of Bethesda as an owned body and soul bitchsubsidiary of Zenimax.

Looking at the evidence, though, they very well might do these things and destroy themselves. BethNet, quasi-curated modding, their past attempt at paid mod downloads, they clearly don't get what the modding community is about. It wouldn't be the first time the ignorant fools in charge of a company ran it into the ground by being completely detached from their customer base.

their paid mod scheme failed because they brought it on PC on a platform where it was free always, now they have learned its impossible to go that route so they brought those brain washed kids to the modding scene where modding is uncharted territory for them and this is something they will gladly throw their money on. those brain washed kids buys anything these days look at destiny's micro transaction success and GTA Online micro transactions basically success of micro transactions on those consoles, bethesda knows this thats why they brought console modding into the scene. they also made it clear before that they will bring paid mods again in better organised way hence the entry of bethesda.net. they won't be bringing paid mods now on fallout 4 and SSE they want to build more hype on those consoles first but next game surely paid mods are on their cards.

I have seen allot of topic mentioning about mods builded for skyrim SSE but the only mods i seen where mods already created on the old skyrim. so these mods where already build.. only require effort was making it compatible with skyrim SSE(convertion). That is not a new mod.

Btw if these mods where never build there would have been far less mods for skyrim SSE.

I think that SSE will need something around 3 years to replace original, but considering that we have F4 (and it is awful) I don't see it happening. Most effort will be placed there, considering SSE dose not offer any novelty any more. Honestly, skse team puts more effort in to game than beth programmers.

I don't know if this is just me but i find Skyrim SE more stable then regular skyrim. I havnt had a single crash yet and have been running at a smooth 60fps with quite a bit of mods and if i use the same mods on my original skyrim, i crash almost every 10 mins or so depending. Only thing dissapointing is the awesome mods that are son regular skyrim and SSE doesnt have.

and have been running at a smooth 60fps with quite a bit of mods and if i use the same mods on my original skyrim

Only thing dissapointing is the awesome mods that are son regular skyrim and SSE doesnt have.

does that mean you were playing skyrim without those awesome mods sse doesn't have?

what make you think you won't crash if those mods are ported to sse?

ps : i don't crash in skyrim (only crash when i try new mods)

and have been running at a smooth 60fps with quite a bit of mods and if i use the same mods on my original skyrim

Only thing dissapointing is the awesome mods that are son regular skyrim and SSE doesnt have.

does that mean you were playing skyrim without those awesome mods sse doesn't have?

what make you think you won't crash if those mods are ported to sse?

ps : i don't crash in skyrim (only crash when i try new mods)

Oh, sorry but I've forgot to mention that both my skyrims where at one point running the same mods and had similar issues being SE stable and regular crashing frequently. Right now though, it a lot worse then before since, like you said, It's using the awesome mods but again  I wont know if SE will have the same issue. But using the first test as a reference, SE seems to have better memory handling application then regular which I'm assuming is cause of it being 64bit

their paid mod scheme failed because they brought it on PC on a platform where it was free always, now they have learned its impossible to go that route so they brought those brain washed kids to the modding scene where modding is uncharted territory for them and this is something they will gladly throw their money on. those brain washed kids buys anything these days look at destiny's micro transaction success and GTA Online micro transactions basically success of micro transactions on those consoles, bethesda knows this thats why they brought console modding into the scene. they also made it clear before that they will bring paid mods again in better organised way hence the entry of bethesda.net. they won't be bringing paid mods now on fallout 4 and SSE they want to build more hype on those consoles first but next game surely paid mods are on their cards.

That's exactly what I thought when I first heard about console mods. They failed with PC players but console players, like you said, have never had the option. It's also ironic in that Bethesda is relying on PC players to make mods but at the same time they're alienating us with games designed to function on consoles as well as trying to regulate mods and even make money off of them. Looking at the current state of console mods tells me that Bethesda still doesn't get it. Plus console mods can't actually change the game's functionality or add new functions. Not many console players seem to comprehend that yet since so many still bitch about "when is Script Extender for FO4/SSE coming out?" Consoles can't use Script Extender so they're SOL and they don't even seem to realize it.  :P

• 3 weeks later...

Its all about properly optimizing your game, and setting everything correctly.

This.

More an observation than criticism, but:

Every hair mod you can think of, tons of SL mods and their dependencies, multiple worldspace mods, over 20 custom race mods, countless armor packs, ENB, and I rarely ever crash (less than once per 5-6 sessions of all day gameplay on average). Nothing has changed in my load order in over a year (except the race mods I'm currently working on or have already built).

I have SSE and CK64 on a dedicated SSD (Only because it was free for me). But after looking at what I have to go through to port all of my race mods (and more importantly, why), I'm not so sure why I should even bother with SSE. I see what amounts to a miniscule percentage of the hype original Skyrim received 5 years ago, and almost all of the same technical issues it suffered when it launched. Not to mention all the unnecessary changes Bethesda made that will now require me to pretty much rebuild my mods from the ground up. My Skyrim looks equally nice as SSE, and runs nearly as smooth as I currently have it set up. So I'm not seeing credible reason to switch and give up what I currently have working near flawlessly.

I think another poster put it best in another thread: Skyrim is old hat now for many gamers. Those who bought and played it 5 years ago have moved on to other games, or are patiently awaiting the next TES installment. Many modders have moved on in the last couple of years as well. Essentially, Skyrim as a game is now what Oblivion was 5 years ago. Old hat. Still fun to wear from time to time, but not every day.

Trykz

Pro's 64 bit engine (vs 32bit), havok 2015 (vs havok 2010), not to hard to convert nif's, animations, and textures from 32bit skyrim to 64bit skyrim.

Con's - released incorrectly.

They should have release SSE in 2015 and used the extra year to make FO4 better (since SSE was done first to test the 64bit engine).

They didn't fix things that were borked in oldrim (should not need an unofficial skyrim patch with the 64bit version cause that shit should have been fixed when they converted over to the new engine).

It was a console user cash grab (they even stated so at the expo when they first launched and stated as much back when XB1 and PS4 were being developed....).  Todd stated many years back that they wanted to bring Skyrim (and possibly Oblivion) over to the new 64bit consoles and have them better use the hardware. In other words they don't want to make the old xb360/ps3 games compatible with the console instead they want to make a new exe/dll to try to fully optimize for the new console. 

The simple option would have been to take the 32bit PC (x86-32) version and convert the exe and dll's to 64bit (as both XB1 and PS4 are x86-64 based consoles) -vs- reworking the powerpc based versions made for the xb360 and ps3. Irony this is exactly what Beth did.... SSE was the test game to see if the new 64bit engine worked well enough to make a new game on (the new game by the way was Fallout 4).

I guess one other Pro is that when converting over to the 64bit engine they did not try to limit your response choices down to 4 or to give the player a voice (ie what they put to much effort into for FO4, which took time and effort away from making actual quest's and other things that could have made FO4 much better).

I do like the new engine, I hate they didn't fix the broken shit the modding community did fix (and has fixed again). I know it was a cash grab for 64bit console users.... I don't really give a shit cause I bought the legendary edition back in Summer of 2014 on steam for like $12 US and got the 64bit version for free in Oct of 2016 (so I can't complain about the price).

<snipped for space>

Everything mentioned I have to agree with. The fact that we need unofficial patches is rather sad and very telling of how little work BGS is willing to put into finalizing and optimizing their end products. I've said it before: Bethesda as a company seems to suffer from ADD; they're great at starting things but lousy at finishing them. They could make an excellent TES VI game using the engine as it exists now if they just took the time to get it to work at a higher capacity and debugged it fully (as fully as any software can be debugged). I have similar gripes with Apple Computers and their constant need to be on the very cutting edge; it's immature--the technology, that is--and will never function as well as something that has had time to be refined and fully figured out.

• 2 weeks later...