Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

2 hours ago, Risamei said:

Well I don't know the exact issue after spending 2 more hours trying to figure it out I couldn't come up with a solution.

With DD4.1 crashes when i try to start a new game.

Try running the non-XXL version of FNIS when patching the animations, assuming you're fine with disabling enough animation mods.

You can also try installing the Load Game CTD Fix if you aren't already using it.

3 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Does that include the first step of trying to start a game with basically just DD 4.1?  I'd do that first, so you can at least rule out a corrupted download/install.

Its not corrupted it does work without everything installed and I have Load Game CTD Fix and crash fixes basically my modding environment is really strong so its no problem there. there is something with this new version that is causing issues i will report back if i find out anything though, i just wasted alot of time testing 

18 hours ago, Risamei said:

I wish i could give more helpful information but I try to use process of elimination with my mods but I couldn't nail it down :/ maybe someone else can tell me if they're having issues as well.

confirmation you are not the only one with issues.  i was able to, sort of, solve mine by cutting animations way WAY down from what i used to run.

at one time i had 14987 character animation running (cut them down then to try to improve performance), and starting with DDI/DDX 4.0 it gets worse 

want to wish you luck on finding the cause of the issues. i could not find it.  as for it being "too many animations" being the root cause as some like to say,

i made a thread in tech support about the issue and no one can explain it to me 

@valcon767 Just glad to hear its not only me I am going to look for the cause if it isn't just an animation issue cuz in order to get it to work the first time i had to cut out 100 mods.

1 hour ago, Risamei said:

@valcon767 Just glad to hear its not only me I am going to look for the cause if it isn't just an animation issue cuz in order to get it to work the first time i had to cut out 100 mods.

Could you post your load order that worked with 4.0?  Some people may be able to point out a few mods that would be good candidates for removal or "downgrade" to help you have an easier time finding a lighter load order that works with 4.1.

4.1 saw an increase in animation count for sure, but I don't think it's significant enough to make a stable installation collapse all out of a sudden. I can explain it only with these cases having been VERY close to breaking point already.

17 minutes ago, Kimy said:

4.1 saw an increase in animation count for sure, but I don't think it's significant enough to make a stable installation collapse all out of a sudden. I can explain it only with these cases having been VERY close to breaking point already.

Fore said: Note: The optional FNIS SE 7.4.5 XXL Beta (20,000 animations) will run slower on PCs with little memory.
It is also likely, that using mods with a total of more than 10000 animations will increase the likelyhood of load CTD. How much? I don't know. Use at your own risk.

We wanted it, we got it, now we have to live with it.

Edit: We wanted it, you gave it to us, now we have it and.... 

3 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Could you post your load order that worked with 4.0?  Some people may be able to point out a few mods that would be good candidates for removal or "downgrade" to help you have an easier time finding a lighter load order that works with 4.1.

ok there it is

i use MO and that file contains Modlist (left pane), Plugins (right pane active mods), and Load Order (right pane all mods)

not sure how much help it will be.  that is current as of time of this post (i just updated to put PAHE and addons in so did a clean out)

Modlist and Load Order 6-1-18.7z

edit 

found out what i think is happening with my game with animations (thanks to T.ara).

end edit

edit 2

note the FB pack contains only group animations, and i can run everything in the list at the same time with the exception of the Get Stripped mod.

end edit

4 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I could but I don't think you can help here I am pretty good when it comes to modding responsibly my current game I am level 30 with my current modlist and none have been an issue. Give me a second and i'll upload

Here is my modlist from modorganizer modlist.txt  the priority is the the first appearing items here are on the bottom while at the end of the list thats at the top where you'll find like USLEEP.  + is on - is disabled, i went ahead and categorized it for anyone looking.

Yep, Fore didn't want to give us 20k animations but we begged and begged - now I think people are starting to hit hard game limitations and we only have ourselves to blame. :classic_tongue:

I do think a large portion of us that install most of what is available may be hitting these limits (whatever they are) because people are reporting issues simply upgrading from one version of a SLAL pack to the next that adds ~ 10 or less new Sexlab animations and nothing else.

@valcon767 It sounds like you might be a good case of a "borderline" install since I know you did a lot of work to see if you could find a setup that let you run lots of animations *and* Get Stripped!.  If what T.ara means in his post is that the animation count in FNIS is not accurate, that sounds right to me - I downgraded from ZAP 8.0+ to ZAP 8 and as far as I could tell my FNIS animation counts barely changed.  I "assume" that ZAP 8+ has significantly more animations than 8 based on how much new furniture is in it, but it doesn't seem to be reflected in the FNIS count, which could explain why people are seeing crashes at lower and lower FNIS output numbers.

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

I understand what you're saying but I am pretty sure thats not it if that was the case adding slaverun, shout like a virgin and maria eden would of produced the same crashing and removing half my mods with DD4.1  still end with CTD I mean i am loading a new game here there is something happening just got off work so i'll test more now I cant rule out that this issue is not on my side yet, though even with @valcon767 having similar issues.

Keeping the animation count limited to the ones you use most often absolutely helps with stability. Once FNIS hits the 13,000 mark or close to it, you start to get noticeable lag when SL is choosing animations, and at an indeterminate point after that, probably dependent on hardware, Skyrim becomes the dog that simply refuses to get up and beg due to the weight sitting on its back.

There's a big grey line between script load and animation load, and finding out what works best is pretty time-consuming as well as being an individual solution.

29 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I didn't count them, but sounds about right.

Thank you, I was just thinking this may be what is catching some people off guard, they may have to sort through there Animation's, and weed out the one's they don't like.  That is what I have had to do.  I am constantly bumping the 12000 limit now day's, and the great animators we have keep adding more... I am proud that they are, but it is reason enough for me to have to be extra selective now day's ?

Just now, galgat said:

Thank you, I was just thinking this may be what is catching some people off guard, they may have to sort through there Animation's, and weed out the one's they don't like.  That is what I have had to do.  I am constantly bumping the 12000 limit now day's, and the great animators we have keep adding more... I am proud that they are, but it is reason enough for me to have to be extra selective now day's ?

These aren't SL animations. You can't remove them. The mod needs them to function.

35 minutes ago, Kimy said:

These aren't SL animations. You can't remove them. The mod needs them to function.

I was meaning the SLAL pack's, the one's with a fomod give me the most advantage when it come's to pruning for the limit reason's. I know you have hard coded your animations.  as do many mod's like the weapon style, and Idle animation, people Who run at or next to the limit on mod's are probably really effected by each and every addition.

About the only place I can prune the number is in the SLAL animations. ?

2 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

I'm fairly certain galgat meant cutting out/cutting down SLAL packs. ;)

Yeppers! you posted just before I could explain..LOL, But thank you..?

EDIT >>> for anyone that needs the information to adjust there animation load, in what ever way they can, the new dev version of DDI add a total of 1242 animations.  Maybe this will help some of you to adjust for the 12000 limit ( with the latest FNIS LLX which I know can handle 20000 animations but the game is, or appears to have a hard limit on humanoid animations of 12000, and creature animations with Humanoids still count because a human is involved. ) when installing the new DDI.

EDIT >>>> not to make DDI feel bad here are others that add a bunch too that we all use some now

1242 New dev version of DDI adds

895 Zaz 7 adds 895

1731 zaz 8.0 added

1777 Zaz 8 Plus adds

1203 Sexlab 1.62 full install Adds this does not seem right, but was a FNIS output after removing, and running FNIS.

Got a BIG ZERO with schlongs of skyrim added just for good measure, I found this Kool, so had to post it too ! ☺️

I did not do all the SLAL actual sex animations which wee all need, and love, but my memory is that if I install all of them (current as of today) it is about 1500 or 1600.

3 hours ago, galgat said:

Yeppers! you posted just before I could explain..LOL, But thank you..?

EDIT >>> for anyone that needs the information to adjust there animation load, in what ever way they can, the new dev version of DDI add a total of 1242 animations.  Maybe this will help some of you to adjust for the 12000 limit ( with the latest FNIS LLX which I know can handle 20000 animations but the game is, or appears to have a hard limit on humanoid animations of 12000, and creature animations with Humanoids still count because a human is involved. ) when installing the new DDI.

EDIT >>>> not to make DDI feel bad here are others that add a bunch too that we all use some now

1242 New dev version of DDI adds

895 Zaz 7 adds 895

1731 zaz 8.0 added

1777 Zaz 8 Plus adds

1203 Sexlab 1.62 full install Adds this does not seem right, but was a FNIS output after removing, and running FNIS.

Got a BIG ZERO with schlongs of skyrim added just for good measure, I found this Kool, so had to post it too ! ☺️

I did not do all the SLAL actual sex animations which wee all need, and love, but my memory is that if I install all of them (current as of today) it is about 1500 or 1600.

The interesting question is not: how many anims a mod adds additionally, but: how many you have to cut out to make it run. This might be leading to the answer how the other stuff added by a mod has an effect on the stability or the possible anim count.

Fore didn't choose 20000 because it sounded good, He has tested it. (with a minimal setup and without all the fanzy stuff that our Skyrim life is so hardly depending on) 

Assuming that he has a much better Computer than me, I would cut out 5000 animations for my set-up, simply for the fact that i have not the same capacities. And another 5000 for being not able to stabilize my skyrim as good as he can. Leaving me with 10000.  I'm at about 14000 right now. Im not complaining about having just 14000 anims installed, I'm glad that it is still working.

Ok. I'm using SE, but it is nearly the same situation as it is in Oldrim.