[SOLVED.. kinda] Going crazy. Armbinder animations not working

So all animations are working fine EXCEPT armbinder animations. my character just stands with her arms and legs stiff, hands invisible, and glides around when i move. ive tried only installing the bare minimum requirements and it still does it.

I've installed these mods hundreds of times and ive never run into this particular problem. making pull my hair out.

What I've tried so far

- Ensuring I am using a locking armbinder. the locking functionality works

- Reinstalled ZaZ. Also Re-downloaded it to be safe

- Reinstalled FNIS, i run it every time i do anything

- tried several different skeleton variations including ones that i KNOW worked before

- reinstalled skyrim itself.

- using newest version of all the mods

- sorted it LOOT

- cleaned with TES5edit

- using newest version of MO

here's my load order

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
SexLab.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
XPMSE.esp
FNIS.esp
UIExtensions.esp
AddItemMenu2.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

any help at all here would be amazing. thanks guys

UPDATE: Ditched MO2 and tried it with NMM and low and behold it works now. Going through the forum i saw this issue pop up fairly often so hopefully this helps someone. i know its not a perfect solution if you've already got a bazillion mods installed and are deep into a playthrough but at least it's something.

Update 2: Original MO works fine as well. Must be a problem with MO2

2 hours ago, frankenfish said:

UPDATE: Ditched MO2 and tried it with NMM and low and behold it works now. Going through the forum i saw this issue pop up fairly often so hopefully this helps someone. i know its not a perfect solution if you've already got a bazillion mods installed and are deep into a playthrough but at least it's something.

Update 2: Original MO works fine as well. Must be a problem with MO2

I wonder if this is related to the issue MO2 was having with sexlab crashing on pressing "install" in game. But at least now someone seems to have figured out a possible reason for some of the issues with DD animations that could be worth testing for others. :smile:

1 hour ago, LazyBoot said:

@frankenfish

Could you test if MO2 works if you use the redirect output option in FNIS?

So I'm trying to do this but FNIS keeps telling me the INI is wrong or missing. I followed the instructions, moved the INI into the Data folder, specified where I want it to go "H:\FNISRedirect", renamed it FNIS.ini from FNIS.ini0

i must be missing something here

12 minutes ago, frankenfish said:

So I'm trying to do this but FNIS keeps telling me the INI is wrong or missing. I followed the instructions, moved the INI into the Data folder, specified where I want it to go "H:\FNISRedirect", renamed it FNIS.ini from FNIS.ini0

i must be missing something here

Do you have quotes around the path? If you do, try removing them. Also make sure there's no ' in front of RedirectFiles=path 

13 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Do you have quotes around the path? If you do, try removing them. Also make sure there's no ' in front of RedirectFiles=path 

thats what it was. i knew it was going to be something small like that. rofl.

So i ran it with that enabled and it did change what was happening a bit. now instead of t-posing constantly while wearing an armbinder she has a normal standing idle animation, hands still invisible, and only t-poses when i start moving. when i stop she goes right back to a normal standing animation.

1 hour ago, frankenfish said:

thats what it was. i knew it was going to be something small like that. rofl.

So i ran it with that enabled and it did change what was happening a bit. now instead of t-posing constantly while wearing an armbinder she has a normal standing idle animation, hands still invisible, and only t-poses when i start moving. when i stop she goes right back to a normal standing animation.

What version of MO2 did you test with?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello, any solution about this yet? I have this exact problem.. I am using vortex which I am sure has nothing to do with any of this.

Which mod is actually responsible for this armbinder animations? My character just animate normally like nothing restraining her while the armbinder is already equipped.

Please help. Thanks