[WIP] Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things

hi o/

just tested your mod and its awesome even in this early stage!

great loot too, i mean keys =D

crazy fun with the "untamed" mod to get your personal mini riekling army (size 0.25x) ^^

your mod makes dungeons very scary  (or it turns your regular dungeon into a warzone) >D

off i go to test the new estrus feature yehaaaa

(does the skyrim estrus mod to be activated or do you just need the animations installed?)

hi o/

just tested your mod and its awesome even in this early stage!

great loot too, i mean keys =D

crazy fun with the "untamed" mod to get your personal mini riekling army (size 0.25x) ^^

your mod makes dungeons very scary  (or it turns your regular dungeon into a warzone) >D

off i go to test the new estrus feature yehaaaa

(does the skyrim estrus mod to be activated or do you just need the animations installed?)

Estrus needs to be active. Glad you're enjoying it :)

I had put up a post in the tech section, without success.  I believe there is the possibility that this mod interferes with custom followers handled by Amazing Follower Tweaks.  I had an issue with these followers returning to their point of origin, despite being recruited, and ran a whole bunch of console commands and AI-release options through MCM.

Did not have the issue before this mod; when I pulled it, the problem disappeared.  Mod version was one back from the most recent version as of this post.

I had put up a post in the tech section, without success.  I believe there is the possibility that this mod interferes with custom followers handled by Amazing Follower Tweaks.  I had an issue with these followers returning to their point of origin, despite being recruited, and ran a whole bunch of console commands and AI-release options through MCM.

Did not have the issue before this mod; when I pulled it, the problem disappeared.  Mod version was one back from the most recent version as of this post.

I'm not sure why this would effect custom followers. There's nothing I can think of off the top of my head that would effect them.

Hello, i have question about devious stuff:

"Don't worry though, the effect is temporary and the gag will unlock itself after a short delay."

​Would be nice if we could adjust in mcm after how long gag and other devious stuff will unlock itself.

One more question, any guide how to safely update your mod? :) 

Thx for answer/help !

Estrus traps are bugged as hell for me.

Once triggered, they won't stop triggering. It creates a large egg above the trap, which then explodes, causing a gradual pile up of exploded eggshells. Is it supposed to do that?

The spell bolt also fires in a single direction, typically causing it to miss completely unless I walk into it. Since the trap is constantly triggering, it slowly turns into a machine gun.

Aela the Trapper seems to be able to trigger the various estrus traps herself for some reason. Just some of them though, not all of them... and it's kind of hard to tell which under all the eggshells.

Anyway, Papyrus log ends up a few dozen megabytes large with minor variations on:

[12/31/2016 - 02:48:50AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp5"
stack:
    <unknown self>._TAPDeviousBearTrap.EstrusEffectAPI() - "_TAPDeviousBearTrap.psc" Line 68
    [ (FF00176C)]._TAPDeviousBearTrap.ApplyEffects() - "_TAPDeviousBearTrap.psc" Line 144
    [ (FF00176C)]._TAPDeviousBearTrap.OnTriggerEnter() - "_TAPDeviousBearTrap.psc" Line 128

Once triggered, they won't stop triggering. It creates a large egg above the trap, which then explodes, causing a gradual pile up of exploded eggshells. Is it supposed to do that?

The spell bolt also fires in a single direction, typically causing it to miss completely unless I walk into it. Since the trap is constantly triggering, it slowly turns into a machine gun.

Aela the Trapper seems to be able to trigger the various estrus traps herself for some reason. Just some of them though, not all of them... and it's kind of hard to tell which under all the eggshells.

Anyway, Papyrus log ends up a few dozen megabytes large with minor variations on:

[12/31/2016 - 02:48:50AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp5"
stack:
    <unknown self>._TAPDeviousBearTrap.EstrusEffectAPI() - "_TAPDeviousBearTrap.psc" Line 68
    [ (FF00176C)]._TAPDeviousBearTrap.ApplyEffects() - "_TAPDeviousBearTrap.psc" Line 144
    [ (FF00176C)]._TAPDeviousBearTrap.OnTriggerEnter() - "_TAPDeviousBearTrap.psc" Line 128

same problem here

just couldnt see as much detail as karrara has

my game freezes after a while during that strange trap explosion

but its quite a show if you see that bug first time in game 0.o

stack:

same problem here

just couldnt see as much detail as karrara has

my game freezes after a while during that strange trap explosion

but its quite a show if you see that bug first time in game 0.o

okay thats strange,

after deinstalling TAP 0.35 and reinstalling TAP 0.30 and starting a new game i get the same bug now with 0.30 (so something seems to end up somewhere and cant be deinstalled the regular way)

and it seems that the max time slider for traps in seconds doesnt remember the settings after reload or restart, shows always 1 sec / 1sec

Crazy bug report:

Step 1: Go into Broken Fang Cave. Aela the Trapper gets stuck in here a lot.

Step 2: Have Pet Collar queue me to 'service' Aela the Trapper. No Pet Collar, she's not supposed to be there, hush!

Step 3: Step on some kind of trap while being pulled into sex scene.

Step 4: Eggs. Popping Eggs. Some egg makes a 'pop' noise over, and over, and over, and over again. The narrow passage is quickly being flooded with popping white eggshells everywhere.

Step 5: Panic and flee the cave after using Sexlab "Abort" on the sex scene.

Step 6: I have no Papyrus, unfortunately, because Loverslab won't let me attach files right now for some reason. Will upload later when it lets me, have the file renamed to keep it from being discarded.

I experimented around a bit (TP 0.35), because i like the mod already and maybe it helps.

Strangly enough my game doesnt freeze so quick anymore (if you just watch and dont open inventory or fight) so i can have multiple traps that go eggshell haywire without freezing.

* everything can trigger the trap, at first it works as intended, after a while it goes crazy and triggers in an endless loop (always)

* if you jump into the red trap ray it triggers a estrus animation, but it starts a new animation for every hit, so the animations never finish, just endless starts of animations, after a while it just spawns eggshells

* i tryed to leave the the dungeon and reenter to escape the trap and the freeze, but after a while you have the same effekt again, endless eggshells

* after leaving the bugged trap dungeon while the trap is triggered it starts to spawn outside of dungeons too, traplayer makes spots of multiple traps right behind you, its an awesome view if that eggshell trap explodes in a river and starts to fill the whole of skyrim

* outside of a dungeon the traplayer makes sandwiches of different traps on one spot, i tryed to to delet them with jaxonz positioner only to find out that there stacks of 2-5 traps at one spot

* outside of a dungeon there is no massage of "traplayer activ", just endless stacks of traps all around, eggshell everythere, would make a great apocalyptical mod (eggshell fall down waterfalls, drop from hills, filling villgaes, spawned ghost creatures rape each other with defeat ^^, reminds me of the movie "The Monolith Monsters")

* after installing TAP 0.30 again its show the same bugged trap, maybe nexus mod manager doesnt installs it rigth or if i was just lucky that this trap never showed up in TAP 0.30 before or if its a corrupted save game from TAP 0.35 (i started a new game with TAP 0.30 tho)

Gah! 1 mistyped explosion type and the whole of Skyrim explodes! :-/

Uploading a fix now :)

Well, the eggsplosions were a pretty hilarious bug. Reminded me of the Sheogorath cheese mods.

But in 0.36, the estrus based traps are now summoning Ash Guardians, which is vastly less amusing but also less game breaking.

Should be all sorted in the new version :)

Unfortunately though it seems the Estrus strip animation doesn't work on the player. The trap is working correctly and you can hear the Estrus spell being cast but nothing happens :(

I don't think it was ever designed to work with the player as the API is actually missing the ability to call the strip spell. The option is there but it doesn't actually do anything...maybe it was something they were thinking of adding in the future?

I've even had a look inside the Estrus mod and its scripts but I can't see anything obvious why the strip spell won't work on the player.

Hi-ho!  I love the concept of this mod:  it adds a new funness to dungeons.  ;)  Question, though:  Creature ambushes, is it supposed to spawn creatures not native to the dungeon?  For example,

entering Bleakfalls Burrow (testing on a new game), it spawned several events of chaurus, flying chaurus that is only found in dwemer ruins, and those jumping exploding spiders found only in Blackreah.

Additionally, I don't know if this can be done, but the frequency is a bit high.  If I may suggest, could it be possible to add a MCM function that gives us the opportunity to adjust how often we encounter these events and traps?

Hi-ho!  I love the concept of this mod:  it adds a new funness to dungeons.  ;)  Question, though:  Creature ambushes, is it supposed to spawn creatures not native to the dungeon?  For example,

entering Bleakfalls Burrow (testing on a new game), it spawned several events of chaurus, flying chaurus that is only found in dwemer ruins, and those jumping exploding spiders found only in Blackreah.

Additionally, I don't know if this can be done, but the frequency is a bit high.  If I may suggest, could it be possible to add a MCM function that gives us the opportunity to adjust how often we encounter these events and traps?

Happens to me also.

I've got those chauruses in the Riekling caves in Solstheim.

Happens to me also.

I've got those chauruses in the Riekling caves in Solstheim.

Mobs spawned by the trap layer will be dungeon specific so you won't see dwarven automations in a Hagraven Nest for example.

The random events are not yet dungeon specific, but they will be.

I have also used DLC creatures to populate non DLC dungeons so you will get the new spider types cropping up in vanilla dungeons just to add some variety.

The frequency can all be controlled through the MCM which allows you to set random event timers as well as trap/mob ratio and drop rate :)

****UPDATE****

Fixed the stripping traps so that they will indeed strip the player. Stripping will follow the stripping setup that you've defined in SexLab and will always use the victim strip options.

Some general maintenance on the MCM menu so it should now apply and store settings correctly. I have also done away with global variable usage as they are no longer needed. You will probably want to check to make sure your settings are correct in the MCM as they will probably have reverted to the default values.

Mobs spawned by the trap layer will be dungeon specific so you won't see dwarven automations in a Hagraven Nest for example.

The random events are not yet dungeon specific, but they will be.

I have also used DLC creatures to populate non DLC dungeons so you will get the new spider types cropping up in vanilla dungeons just to add some variety.

The frequency can all be controlled through the MCM which allows you to set random event timers as well as trap/mob ratio and drop rate :)

****UPDATE****

Fixed the stripping traps so that they will indeed strip the player. Stripping will follow the stripping setup that you've defined in SexLab and will always use the victim strip options.

Some general maintenance on the MCM menu so it should now apply and store settings correctly. I have also done away with global variable usage as they are no longer needed. You will probably want to check to make sure your settings are correct in the MCM as they will probably have reverted to the default values.

Oh, they can already be controlled?  I didn't realize.  As for the rest:  huzzah!  Thank you.  :)

I had a quick go with the mod, looks like it is progressing quite well, noticed few weird things/bugs:

The bear traps will trigger even when they are in the closed state (happened with devious bear trap and the poison bear trap).

If a follower steps on the trap (happened with gas and electric traps in this case), it affects the player even if the trap was activated way behind because the follower was being slow.

I've seem multiple traps stacked on top of each other as the trap layer went somewhere and then returned back the same way.

Not sure if it was this mod, or FMEA or the combination, but one of the three cause a glitch with SD+ that makes owners spam "Go Away, I already have enough slaves". Just an fyi.

Its FMEA i guess

just deinstalled it because i thought it messed up the TAP Traps, this wasnt the case as i know now,

but since i deinstalled FMEA SD+ enslavement seems to work better in my game

dont reccomend using with alternate start, she can spawn in the room where you create your character.

"why is there a ghost in here"

5 seconds later im instantly killed by a wolf lmao

also i could see aela the trapper well enough to hover over her.