[WIP] Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things

• 3 months later...

Does this mod add something like "drink potion -> equip ballgag and blindfold?!"

I have this in my mod and I think it happens since I ran into a devious trap....

And btw: Devious Traps at 0% still make Devious Traps happen -.-

• 1 month later...

Is this mod still beeing worked on? :D

I still love it and use it (with Monoman Tweaks).

But now I have the following bugs:

1. if paralyzed by Trap, all NPC stop hostilities (they dont attack the player)

2. I set Guardian Rape Trap to 0%. But if Guardians appear from the trap, they dont attack me and the console says they try to start a sexlab scene (which is not starting).

This happens several times now and even with Guardian ATtack Trap at 100% it still appears all traps are guardian Rape instead, even when its 0% :(

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Regarding the implementation of devious traps, is it possible for this mod to cover more items from the devious devices list? so far, I only experienced the devious collar, cuffs, gag, and blindfolds. Aside from my given concern i also noticed that the slider is not accurate and still makes the mod spawn random things even if i put every slider to 0%

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 11:16 PM, BadBear69! said:

Any hope or chance for SSE support?

The mod doesn't appear to have any assets that need explicit conversion except for the BSA itself. I am going to test out just straight up loading it into my game and see what happens. I'll report back.

OK, I rolled a throwaway character and did the first dungeon I stumbled over (Yngol's Barrow). Trap layer spawned properly and deployed a variety of traps, which appeared to all function properly. No errors observed except for the trap layer getting lost and a naked trap not providing any kind of message when it fired (which I believe is also an issue on LE). Trap layer successfully recovered each time it got lost.

I think we can firmly put this one in the "works in SSE" column. No conversion required except unpacking the BSAs. 

Probably also safe to compact the Form IDs and add an ESL flag.

11 hours ago, gregaaz said:

OK, I rolled a throwaway character and did the first dungeon I stumbled over (Yngol's Barrow). Trap layer spawned properly and deployed a variety of traps, which appeared to all function properly. No errors observed except for the trap layer getting lost and a naked trap not providing any kind of message when it fired (which I believe is also an issue on LE). Trap layer successfully recovered each time it got lost.

I think we can firmly put this one in the "works in SSE" column. No conversion required except unpacking the BSAs. 

Probably also safe to compact the Form IDs and add an ESL flag.

Anything special I need to note, as I don't get anything when I install it, not even an MCM menu?

EDIT: In fact, after mucking about with load orders, this mod with the ESP enabled wont even let the game launch. Any thoughts on why yours works and mine might not?

8 hours ago, BadBear69! said:

Anything special I need to note, as I don't get anything when I install it, not even an MCM menu?

EDIT: In fact, after mucking about with load orders, this mod with the ESP enabled wont even let the game launch. Any thoughts on why yours works and mine might not?

Hi @BadBear69!, sorry to hear it isn't working for you. First let's get the most likely culprit out of the way: did you unpack the BSA file? If not, it won't work on SSE because Bethesda changed the format of the BSA archives. It only contains a few scripts so you don't really need to worry about repacking it afterwards; you can also delete the BSL file if you want to keep your folder clean.

If you did already unpack the BSA file, normally I'd associate a crash before the main menu with a missing master file. Traps and Pitfalls requires all the original masters (Skyrim, Update, Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard) plus Sexlab.esm. So I'd recommend first making sure all of these are active and up to date. The mod doesn't contain any override records, so there shouldn't be any conflicts with its masters or with anything else.

Is your script extender, engine fixes, .NET Script Framework, and your copy of traps and pitfalls itself all up to date? 

18 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Hi @BadBear69!, sorry to hear it isn't working for you. First let's get the most likely culprit out of the way: did you unpack the BSA file? If not, it won't work on SSE because Bethesda changed the format of the BSA archives. It only contains a few scripts so you don't really need to worry about repacking it afterwards; you can also delete the BSL file if you want to keep your folder clean.

If you did already unpack the BSA file, normally I'd associate a crash before the main menu with a missing master file. Traps and Pitfalls requires all the original masters (Skyrim, Update, Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard) plus Sexlab.esm. So I'd recommend first making sure all of these are active and up to date. The mod doesn't contain any override records, so there shouldn't be any conflicts with its masters or with anything else.

Is your script extender, engine fixes, .NET Script Framework, and your copy of traps and pitfalls itself all up to date? 

I did not know unpacking BSA files was a thing so I've done that and now hopefully I have the file structure correct, also I did not yet have the engine fixes or .NET framework so if they were written in the requirements for this mod I missed them somehow, and now those, skse and traps/pitfalls are fully up to date. As for all the prerequisits you mentioned I do have them, so thankfully some combination of adding .NET, engine fixes, and unpacking the BSA worked as I can now actually load into a game with the mod enabled. New issue, it does not make an MCM menu entry, and entering a dungeon does not give any form of indication that anything worked. Where next?

Sounds like it might still not be working, if you aren't getting an MCM or the mod's copious debug messages. Glad at least it's loading, though. It sounds like the scripts might be in the wrong location maybe? The .pex files should be in /data/scripts

On 3/7/2021 at 7:29 AM, gregaaz said:

Sounds like it might still not be working, if you aren't getting an MCM or the mod's copious debug messages. Glad at least it's loading, though. It sounds like the scripts might be in the wrong location maybe? The .pex files should be in /data/scripts

On 3/7/2021 at 7:53 AM, gregaaz said:

Btw with regards to unpacking to the right folder, the latest version of MO2 will unpack BSA files on demand and maintains their folder structure. Very handy for importing LE mods 

Ah I have to actually put them somewhere, makes sense (please understand I'm dumb and newbish at this), so upon doing that, it now fully works!! Sort of... I see its MCM menu, the layer spawns and places traps, and most of the traps work! But that's the problem, some of the traps do nothing, mainly the ones that look like elemental spell runes, they don't trigger when I step on them, and most traps that take the form of the metal pressure plate don't seem to do anything. The other thing is a bit of a nitpick but something that bothered me with the oldrim version as well, is there any way to reduce the number of spider based/critter spawning traps? There does not appear to be an mcm entry for those (excluding he guardian ones) and man does the layer love to put those 2 specific ones down more than any others. Any thoughts on these issues? Granted, I am totally happy with the mod now and can def play it as it is and you've been spectacular help, so thank you very much!

14 hours ago, BadBear69! said:

Ah I have to actually put them somewhere, makes sense (please understand I'm dumb and newbish at this), so upon doing that, it now fully works!! Sort of... I see its MCM menu, the layer spawns and places traps, and most of the traps work! But that's the problem, some of the traps do nothing, mainly the ones that look like elemental spell runes, they don't trigger when I step on them, and most traps that take the form of the metal pressure plate don't seem to do anything. The other thing is a bit of a nitpick but something that bothered me with the oldrim version as well, is there any way to reduce the number of spider based/critter spawning traps? There does not appear to be an mcm entry for those (excluding he guardian ones) and man does the layer love to put those 2 specific ones down more than any others. Any thoughts on these issues? Granted, I am totally happy with the mod now and can def play it as it is and you've been spectacular help, so thank you very much!

Glad to hear you got it (mostly) working. As I recall the LE version had a few glitches also, but when I get a chance to do some testing I'll see if I can get the runs to trigger. I don't believe I ran into any during my test run in Yngol's barrow. I can't help you much with the spiders/critters, but perhaps others who know this mod better can chime in with suggestions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...