[WIP] Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things

Doesn't seem like companions can trigger the devious or lust gas traps.

I had some issues with those traps being triggered by creatures which would cause your own character to make the sounds. I still need to play around with some of the settings.

Good mod.

Does your falmers are vanilla ones, and need to be hostile ?

Because, if you play skyrim with my mods, falmers can be peaceful... maybe it will cause some problems.

I do use the basic vanilla encounter falmer so I think they will be hostile...however, if a mod modifies their behaviour to be firendly then I guess that will effect my mod too.

The spirit versions are custom though and should always be hostile.

attachicon.gifscreen14.jpgfinaly trying this out now that trap laying is automatic! cant wait to see it in action

update: everything seems to be working so far.

it is extremely evil of you to send a swarm of reiklings chasing my poor lvl 7 Dragonborn.

Excellent stuff, I've started from scratch with a new character and Bleakfalls was suddenly a much bigger challenge. There are still some balance issues, I think the mobs may be too strong.

I played around with the settings for the ratio and drop timers and something like 80% traps but a very quick drop timer of minium 2 seconds and maximum 5 seconds seemed to work well for me. I prefer to have more traps so I'm constantly looking for them and just a few extra mobs to make the dungeon interesting and unpredictable.

I was wondering what happens if the pc is defeated and a mod like Defeat or DCL (combat surrender) kicks in and teleports the pc to an inn. Do the mobs despawn or stay in place?

The reason I ask is that if they despawn and the pc has been robbed then all her gear despawns as well

EDIT: Just tested it in Bleakfalls Barrow and they seems to stay in place, they were waiting for me when I went back. Umm.. Skeevers, Wraithmen, Skeletons, Spiders and some Chaurus.

When you turn it full on it sure keeps you busy lol :D

I was wondering what happens if the pc is defeated and a mod like Defeat or DCL (combat surrender) kicks in and teleports the pc to an inn. Do the mobs despawn or stay in place?

The reason I ask is that if they despawn and the pc has been robbed then all her gear despawns as well

EDIT: Just tested it in Bleakfalls Barrow and they seems to stay in place, they were waiting for me when I went back. Umm.. Skeevers, Wraithmen, Skeletons, Spiders and some Chaurus.

When you turn it full on it sure keeps you busy lol :D

I have not made them persistent so at some point they will get deleted, but I am unsure of exactly how Skyrim handles non-persistent things. I think as long as the cell they are in stays loaded  in memory then they will continue to exist. If that cell gets unloaded then they will be gone.

Funny thing with cells is that, as far as I'm aware, they can stay loaded for an entire play session if the memory space isn't required.

Werewolf traps crash my game 100% of the time for whatever reason. Everything else seems to be working well, that I've seen.

Do werewolves crash you without this mod? Because I had issues with werewolves in general before, Maybe a Shlongs of Skyrim, other nude creatures mod, or skeleton issue, not sure which, I tried disabling all my werewolf modifications and that worked for me.

My point is, it's not necessarily because of this mod that you crash.

Werewolf traps crash my game 100% of the time for whatever reason. Everything else seems to be working well, that I've seen.

The only thing I modify  with werewolves is to apply a ghost effect. Does it crash when the werewolf appears or when it wants to get "friendly"? :)

Do werewolves crash you without this mod? Because I had issues with werewolves in general before, Maybe a Shlongs of Skyrim, other nude creatures mod, or skeleton issue, not sure which, I tried disabling all my werewolf modifications and that worked for me.

My point is, it's not necessarily because of this mod that you crash.

Point well taken, but everything else involving werewolves (vanilla game or sexlab-related) works fine.

The only thing I modify  with werewolves is to apply a ghost effect. Does it crash when the werewolf appears or when it wants to get "friendly"? :)

I step on the trap, the little explosion goes off, then my game crashes. I don't even see the werewolf before it happens.

If you want permanent 100% invisibility for your runners without having to add spell effects you can set height to 0.0 under the "Traits" tab in the actor window.

I also suggest looking into the Rune Magic Effects. e.g. RuneFireFFLocation for your trap triggers. Set all the Sound and Visual effects to "none" if you want 100% invisibility for those too. Or you could add a custom Impact Data Set under Visual Effects.

I have not made them persistent so at some point they will get deleted, but I am unsure of exactly how Skyrim handles non-persistent things. I think as long as the cell they are in stays loaded  in memory then they will continue to exist. If that cell gets unloaded then they will be gone.

Funny thing with cells is that, as far as I'm aware, they can stay loaded for an entire play session if the memory space isn't required.

Hmm, might be worthwhile to mention it in the OP as some folk can get attached to their armour and weapons. If they do get robbed and the NPC despawns they'll lose their stuff.

The current version is spaming mobs and traps like mad and the controls don't seem to effect it. Had one dungeon I had to clear out in god mode because six different mobs spawned.

I think part of it was I would get deafted (as in almost one shoted) and the game reads, spawns another mob without clearing the original.

EDIT: Figured it out, the trap laying got set to 1 second on the update for some reason.

I step on the trap, the little explosion goes off, then my game crashes. I don't even see the werewolf before it happens.

That could mean there is an issue with something I'm doing. I'll have a look into it and see if I can replicate it at my end.

If you want permanent 100% invisibility for your runners without having to add spell effects you can set height to 0.0 under the "Traits" tab in the actor window.

I also suggest looking into the Rune Magic Effects. e.g. RuneFireFFLocation for your trap triggers. Set all the Sound and Visual effects to "none" if you want 100% invisibility for those too. Or you could add a custom Impact Data Set under Visual Effects.

The problem with setting height to 0.0 is that it also changes the associated speeds. I know when I set the skeever to 0.1 size it moved at 1/10th speed too :)

Its not an issue anyway as you can set the alpha of an actor to any value. The reason Aela is not completely invisible is that it allows you to see if she gets stuck, or if she spawns at all. She will be 100% invisible shortly :)

I will be adding runes shortly as well :)

Hmm, might be worthwhile to mention it in the OP as some folk can get attached to their armour and weapons. If they do get robbed and the NPC despawns they'll lose their stuff.

You're probably right :)

The current version is spaming mobs and traps like mad and the controls don't seem to effect it. Had one dungeon I had to clear out in god mode because six different mobs spawned.

I think part of it was I would get deafted (as in almost one shoted) and the game reads, spawns another mob without clearing the original.

EDIT: Figured it out, the trap laying got set to 1 second on the update for some reason.

I do have some issues with the MCM menu storing the correct values.

Well, that's entertaining. This mod+Insects Begone, means I have lots of invading bears and wolves (spider replacements). Safe to say they work together. The random loot is nice too!

That's good to know for those with aversion to spiders :)

The problem with warewolves is probably something to do with SoS full as I have light version installed and no problems with it at all.

Ah, could well be that...I've read similar issues with other mods.

Hello, you mod is wery fun and interesting. How about more devious\binding traps? Use binding items from Zaz, Devious Devices Equip, etc.? What about customization bindidng\devious traps in MCM.(Binding time, kind of binding items, etc.)

Hi, glad you're enjoying it. I will be adding more stuff to it shortly...just on a bit of a break over the Christmas period and also I've upgraded to a new laptop so I have to transfer skyrim across... :)

****UPDATE TIME****

- Added stone pressure plate versions of all traps. The stone pressure plates are Subliminal Traps (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2653/?) compatible so if you fancy a bit of an extra challenge installing that mod will make the stone pressure plates pretty much invisible.

- Added Estrus traps as a soft dependency. If you have Estrus Chaurus installed then if you trigger one of these traps then you'll be attacked by either the tentacle monster or the blob monster. If you do not have Estrus Chaurus installed then the trap will do poison damage.

Hi! I have an idea to add animation from estrus shout (the monster thing that removes your cloth) to any event when devious things applied to you. Let it be Immersive)) That thing looks nice, and devices won`t come from just nowhere. And it is possible to add it just as is, a trap that makes you naked for a short period too. 

Hello I was wondering if you intend to add traps using the amputator framework. Seems like a perfect adition to your concept.

It wasn't something on my "to do" list as such but I'll take a look at it and see whether it can be added easily.

Hi! I have an idea to add animation from estrus shout (the monster thing that removes your cloth) to any event when devious things applied to you. Let it be Immersive)) That thing looks nice, and devices won`t come from just nowhere. And it is possible to add it just as is, a trap that makes you naked for a short period too. 

Ooooh....I didn't even know that even existed! I'll definitely be adding that :)

***UPDATE***

New version up which adds new Estrus traps. Please note the soft dependency is now on Estrus for Skyrim rather than EstrusChaurus as the original mod has more animations available such as the strip animation.

Estrus Trap

Standard Estrus trap which will attack the player and do some damage while triggering a detection event to nearby enemies.

Estrus Strip Trap

A disgusting creature rises up from the ground consuming the player and doing some damage while stripping them and also locking their inventory for a short time.

Estrus Progressive Bondage Strip Trap

A disgusting creature rises up from the ground consuming the player and doing some damage while stripping them and adding a sequence of bondage items increasing in severity each time it is triggered. This also locks your inventory for a short time.

If you do not have Estrus installed then you will not get the animations just the overall effect of the trap.