[WIP] Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things

[Haven't tried the latest version yet]

How various are the rune (and soulgem, and possibly other) trap effects? Have you integrated this with devious magic yet? Or is that still on the "planned" list at least?

I feel it would be awesome if runic and soulgem traps could trigger a Sanguine's Tease and the like, most of the devious magic effects are very appealing.

Obvously the more everything can be managed by mcm the better, but basic functionality is more important, if it is too much of a hassle to create mcm options and sliders for everything.

Thanks for the update, and for continuously improving your mod(s)! =)

Have a nice day! :)

The runes and solgem traps just use the basic Skyrim spells (fire, frost and electricity). To be honest I think this mod will eventually replace Devious Magic as it makes sense really. A lot of the traps are already doing similar things to some of the Devious Magic spells.

It would also give me a chance to re-write the spells properly and integrate them with NPC spell casters.

So I installed the new update but the trap layer doesn't activate. Any idea what I did wrong?

There are a few possible causes.

1. The mod thinks the area has already been trapped. The trap layer will only activate (or should) on the first visit to any interior area that traps can be placed in for that play session.

2. The area is not currently covered by the trap layer system. Most areas should be so please let me know where you are as maybe I have missed a location type.

3. There are not enough doors for the trap layer to path to. This can happen if your in a small location such as a cave which only has 1 entrance/exit point.

4. The trap layer quest has got stuck. You can use the MCM option to start the trap layer straight away which should clear the system.

Hi!   Absolutely love the idea for the mod.  Haven't had a lot of success getting it work, though.

I just zoned in to Bleakfall Barrow.  There's this error right after zoning in:

[04/21/2017 - 10:13:34PM] ERROR: Property TrapEnemyRatio on script _TAPTrapLayerController attached to alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CA038343) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (CA04254F) is not the right type
Then lots and lots of these, about two a second:

[04/21/2017 - 10:14:09PM] ERROR: Cannot call getDistance() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CA038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.setTrap() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 155
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CA038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 37
[04/21/2017 - 10:14:09PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp24"
stack:
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CA038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.setTrap() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 155
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CA038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 37

That pair of errors have repeated about twice a second for the few minutes I've been in the dungeon.

Could you ship the script source with the next release?  Would make it possible to debug into this a bit further.

Hi!   Absolutely love the idea for the mod.  Haven't had a lot of success getting it work, though.

I just zoned in to Bleakfall Barrow.  There's this error right after zoning in:

[04/21/2017 - 10:13:34PM] ERROR: Property TrapEnemyRatio on script _TAPTrapLayerController attached to alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CA038343) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (CA04254F) is not the right type
Then lots and lots of these, about two a second:

[04/21/2017 - 10:14:09PM] ERROR: Cannot call getDistance() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[04/21/2017 - 10:14:09PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp24"
stack:

That pair of errors have repeated about twice a second for the few minutes I've been in the dungeon.

Could you ship the script source with the next release?  Would make it possible to debug into this a bit further.

That is odd...the error is from an unused and unassigned global variable that I forgot to delete...it shouldn't effect the script as far as I can see as it is never actually used.

The other errors seem to indicate that the trap layer is active but it can't lay traps for some reason.

I've updated the mod to remove the unused global variable and I've also added a check to make sure a trap has been laid correctly so have a try of that.

I've just tested in BleakfallsBarrow01 area and it all seems to be good...I even got killed by one of the new traps (the tentacle whip trap) :)

Unfortunately I won't distribute the mod with the loose scripts files because it is next to impossible to know which script fragments you need to include when you zip it all up and if I do it once then I've got to do it every time as the loose files overwrite the ones packed in a BSA.

However, please feel free to unpack them using BSAOPT just remember to delete them afterwards otherwise you'll break the mod when you install a new version.

Hey, I wanted to report one issue I am seeing.  For the trap that equips restraining devices temporarily, it tries to equip both yokes and arm shackles.  It puts the yoke on first, then I get a message about not being able to equip multiple armbinders, and the shackles go in my inventory.

I'll also note when you address this, arm shackles seem to have a different removal process than armbinders and yokes.  I am finding that lot of mods that remove devices through scripts, are unable to remove the arm shackles.

Hmmm...that is strange. It shouldn't be doing that. I actually use Devious Devices - Integration's own add and remove device scripts so they should work without any issues. Are you using the latest versions? I'll have to see if there is an error in my script, maybe the trap is firing more than once....

I think I know what the problem was, and I think you fixed it with 0.5.  It appears the trap I was triggering was placed in a tight spot (in a small doorway, I guess your trap layer "prefers" certain areas like that just to be evil XD), and I triggered the trap multiple times, while I was still bound up from a previous trigger.  It appears at least now that these traps trigger just once and then turn into something else, because I'm no longer getting multiple of the same type of device added to me.

One other issue I see with 0.5 though, is sometimes I see the trap layer - a tiny, naked woman with a FrankenNord head.  Sometimes when I enter a dungeon, she greets me with, "need something?", other times she just stands there looking at me until I get the "trap layer active" message and then she's off to the races.

Edit:  One last thought on the mobs - the Riekling mob is really, really hard at low levels.  I'm not sure if you are toughening them up on purpose, or if they are just tougher because they are Dragonborn content meant for level 35+ characters.  It might be nice if in the MCM I could configure "mob difficulty" (I mean there are times I might want to get defeated and raped by a gang of rieklings... biggrin.png), or for that matter, which traps/mobs get put down at all (sometimes the only traps I want to trigger are the DD bondage traps, for instance).

Hey, I wanted to report one issue I am seeing.  For the trap that equips restraining devices temporarily, it tries to equip both yokes and arm shackles.  It puts the yoke on first, then I get a message about not being able to equip multiple armbinders, and the shackles go in my inventory.

I'll also note when you address this, arm shackles seem to have a different removal process than armbinders and yokes.  I am finding that lot of mods that remove devices through scripts, are unable to remove the arm shackles.

Hmmm...that is strange. It shouldn't be doing that. I actually use Devious Devices - Integration's own add and remove device scripts so they should work without any issues. Are you using the latest versions? I'll have to see if there is an error in my script, maybe the trap is firing more than once....

I think I know what the problem was, and I think you fixed it with 0.5.  It appears the trap I was triggering was placed in a tight spot (in a small doorway, I guess your trap layer "prefers" certain areas like that just to be evil XD), and I triggered the trap multiple times, while I was still bound up from a previous trigger.  It appears at least now that these traps trigger just once and then turn into something else, because I'm no longer getting multiple of the same type of device added to me.

One other issue I see with 0.5 though, is sometimes I see the trap layer - a tiny, naked woman with a FrankenNord head.  Sometimes when I enter a dungeon, she greets me with, "need something?", other times she just stands there looking at me until I get the "trap layer active" message and then she's off to the races.

Edit:  One last thought on the mobs - the Riekling mob is really, really hard at low levels.  I'm not sure if you are toughening them up on purpose, or if they are just tougher because they are Dragonborn content meant for level 35+ characters.  It might be nice if in the MCM I could configure "mob difficulty" (I mean there are times I might want to get defeated and raped by a gang of rieklings... biggrin.png), or for that matter, which traps/mobs get put down at all (sometimes the only traps I want to trigger are the DD bondage traps, for instance).

Ah, yes...I think I changed a lot of the traps to player only single hits after that they disappear so that was probably it.

It's strange that you see the trap layer...maybe she is getting left over from a previous trap laying? She should be completely invisible.

i do need to take a look at the mobs but they are quite hard to balance as some people use companions etc but we'll see what I can come up with to address that.

I also should be able to allow you to configure the traps as everything is stored in a FormList so adding and removing should be doable.

Thanks, testing it now.  The papyrus errors seem gone!

Btw, are these the results you expect from "sqv _TAPTrapContainers" ?

attachicon.gifsqv_TrapContainers.jpg

Yes that looks correct. The weird naming convention comes from duplicating a Reference Alias through the Creation Kit....it always sticks loads of 0s in and I was too lazy to alter them :)

I was getting a ton of these errors in my logs in Lost Knife Hideout:

[04/25/2017 - 09:10:46PM] ERROR: Cannot call getDistance() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CB038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 110
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CB038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 41
[04/25/2017 - 09:10:46PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp17"
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CB038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 110
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CB038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 41

[04/25/2017 - 09:10:46PM] ERROR: Cannot call getDistance() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[04/25/2017 - 09:10:46PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp17"
stack:

That looks like it was having trouble finding a suitable mod to deploy for that area...I'll check that out as it means I've missed a location type out somewhere.

stack:
stack:

I've added some error handling which should stop those errors from occurring.

Is Estrus still so script-heavy that it will fuck you up if you have a lot of other mods? It used to do that and I regretted installing it.

I use it without any issues, however I will be switching to Estrus Chaurus as it is supposed to be more efficient.

Can you add chance of appear settings for each type of trap ?

It has been requested a few times...the best that I would be able to do is to choose what traps can be laid and either activate or deactivate them....but this is still some time away from being done.

I just noticed an incompatibility with some quest mods which require that the PC has no followers. See the spoiler below from the DCUR thread. It seems that some mods recognize the trap layer (or someone else) from this mod as a follower. In my games the affected mods are Deviously Cursed Loot and Skyrim Romance. Is this fixable somehow?

killthesun, on 29 Apr 2017 - 1:48 PM, said:snapback.png

JuliusXX, on 29 Apr 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:snapback.png

I have a problem with the Leon quest. When I talk to Claudius he tells me to get rid of my followers before I can get to the party. The problem is that I don't have any followers. I have also tried the "set playerfollowercount to 0" command but to no avail. I have had a similar problem in my earlier game with the Skyrim Romance mod but that I could solve. Is there a known mod that causes this?

If you have a quest where you must go to a dungeon and clear it, and some allied pnj is waiting for you at the entrance of the dungeon, they count as a follower. For example, during the companion questline, in the quest Proving Honor, Farkas is your active follower, even tho you might not realize it because he's wating for you at Dustman's Crypt.

It's a new game so I don't have any such quests active yet. But this gave me an idea what to try. I made some tests and it is the Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things mod that causes this. I believe the trap layer is recognized as a follower.

I just noticed an incompatibility with some quest mods which require that the PC has no followers. See the spoiler below from the DCUR thread. It seems that some mods recognize the trap layer (or someone else) from this mod as a follower. In my games the affected mods are Deviously Cursed Loot and Skyrim Romance. Is this fixable somehow?

I have a problem with the Leon quest. When I talk to Claudius he tells me to get rid of my followers before I can get to the party. The problem is that I don't have any followers. I have also tried the "set playerfollowercount to 0" command but to no avail. I have had a similar problem in my earlier game with the Skyrim Romance mod but that I could solve. Is there a known mod that causes this?

If you have a quest where you must go to a dungeon and clear it, and some allied pnj is waiting for you at the entrance of the dungeon, they count as a follower. For example, during the companion questline, in the quest Proving Honor, Farkas is your active follower, even tho you might not realize it because he's wating for you at Dustman's Crypt.

It's a new game so I don't have any such quests active yet. But this gave me an idea what to try. I made some tests and it is the Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things mod that causes this. I believe the trap layer is recognized as a follower.

Thanks for reporting this. I don't think the trap layer is a follower but let me check it out.

Could you try stopping the trap layer's quest which should remove any reference to the traplayer. In the console type

stopquest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer

This should fix your problem as the trap layer will no longer exist.

However, I can't see any reason why the Trap Layer would be seen as a follower. They're not in that faction and have no relationship to the player at all.

Thanks for reporting this. I don't think the trap layer is a follower but let me check it out.

Could you try stopping the trap layer's quest which should remove any reference to the traplayer. In the console type

stopquest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer

This should fix your problem as the trap layer will no longer exist.

However, I can't see any reason why the Trap Layer would be seen as a follower. They're not in that faction and have no relationship to the player at all.

Tested this and it seems the trap layer is a follower. Without any actual followers Claudius said that I have to get rid of my follower and after I used the console command there were no problems and the quest continued.

Tested this and it seems the trap layer is a follower. Without any actual followers Claudius said that I have to get rid of my follower and after I used the console command there were no problems and the quest continued.

I'm really at a loss as to why the trap layer would be seen as a follower. They're not even a member of the possibleFollower faction and at no point do they get set as a follower.

They only thing I can think of is whether you have any other mods that might alter follower settings. e.g. a mod that makes anyone a follower.

I'm really at a loss as to why the trap layer would be seen as a follower. They're not even a member of the possibleFollower faction and at no point do they get set as a follower.

They only thing I can think of is whether you have any other mods that might alter follower settings. e.g. a mod that makes anyone a follower.

I shouldn't have any follower mods installed atm. In the spoiler is my load order in case you might notice something.

=== Active Mods
* 00 Skyrim.esm
* 01 Update.esm
* 02 Dawnguard.esm
* 03 HearthFires.esm
* 04 Dragonborn.esm
* 05 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp  [Version 3.0.8a]
* 06 Unofficial Skyrim City Patch Modified.esm
* 07 WinterholdDestruction.esm
* 08 Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
* 09 ApachiiHair.esm
* 0A ApachiiHairFemales.esm
* 0B ApachiiHairMales.esm
* 0C SexLab.esm  [Version 1.62]
* 0D ZaZAnimationPack.esm
* 0E Heretical Resources.esm
* 0F SexLabAroused.esm  [Version 2.8]
* 10 CreatureFramework.esm  [Version 1.1.0]
* 11 Devious Devices - Assets.esm  [Version 2.8.3]
* 12 MiasLair.esp  [Version 6.2]
* 13 Devious Devices - Integration.esm
* 14 Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
* 15 SexlabInteractiveArousal.esm
* 16 Heels Sound.esm
* 17 DeviousFramework.esm
* 18 HighResTexturePack01.esp
* 19 HighResTexturePack02.esp
* 1A HighResTexturePack03.esp
* 1B Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp  [Version 1.2.1]
* 1C Cutting Room Floor.esp  [Version 2.0.5]
* 1D Duke Patricks - Skyrim Friction Fix.esp  [Version 0.0]
* 1E RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp
* 1F FNIS.esp
* ++ NoRadialBlur.esp
* 20 SkyUI.esp
* 21 No Empty Tag on Containers.esp
* 22 UIExtensions.esp
* 23 FISS.esp
* 24 AMatterOfTime.esp  [Version 2.00]
* 25 Craftable and Placeable Havok-enabled Bedrolls .esp
* 26 Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
* 27 AchieveThat.esp
* ++ BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
* 28 RaceMenu.esp
* 29 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
* 2A NIOVHH.esp
* 2B FreckleMania.esp
* 2C SlaveTats.esp
* 2D dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
* 2E HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp
* 2F SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
* 30 SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
* 31 SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
* 32 SOSRaceMenu.esp
* 33 XPMSE.esp
* 34 SGHairPack.esp
* 35 KS Hairdo's.esp
* 36 SGEyebrows.esp
* 37 Brows.esp
* 38 TheEyesOfBeauty.esp  [Version 9]
* 39 The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
* ++ Babette.esp
* 3A EstrusChaurus.esp
* 3B SLAnimLoader.esp
* 3C SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
* 3D SLALAnimObj.esp
* 3E MoreNastyCritters.esp
* 3F SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
* 40 SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
* 41 SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
* 42 Enhanced Landscapes.esp
* 43 northern_encounters2.esp
* 44 Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
* 45 RealisticWaterTwo.esp
* 46 Enhanced Landscapes - Barren Marsh.esp
* 47 Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp  [Version v6.5.2b]
* 48 Enhanced Landscapes - Grass.esp
* 49 xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
* 4A xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp
* 4B Forgotten DungeonsAll.esp
* 4C Book of UUNP Iron And Steel.esp
* 4D SoS - The Wilds.esp  [Version 1.13]
* 4E Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp  [Version v6.5.2a]
* 4F SoS - The Dungeons.esp  [Version 1.23]
* 50 Vivid Weathers.esp
* 51 Vivid Weathers - Extended Snow.esp
* 52 Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp
* ++ SoSVividWeathersPatch.esp
* 53 TradeBarter.esp
* 54 SSLToys.esp
* 55 BDIC.esp
* 56 12FemaleBrows.esp
* 57 NPC Body Scale Randomizer.esp
* 58 SexLab_SOS-Stapon.esp
* 59 SOS - Pubic Hair for Females Addon.esp
* 5A EnemyEnhancer.esp  [Version 1.1.0]
* 5B DeadlyDragons.esp
* 5C Devious Devices - Equip.esp
* 5D DeviouslyHelpless.esp
* 5E SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
* 5F Captured Dreams.esp
* 60 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
* 61 Immersive Weapons.esp
* 62 Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
* ++ ERSO 30 - Better Enemy AI Dawnguard&Dragonborn.esp
* 63 Skyrim Realistic Archery.esp
* 64 Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
* 65 UnderstoneKeepRestored.esp
* ++ Traps Are Dangerous.esp
* 66 FtM_3.esp
* 67 Alchoverhaul_AllDLC.esp
* ++ SLIA - Legendary.esp
* 68 AOBeverageoverhaul _AllDLC.esp
* 69 AOFoodonlyoverhaul_AllDLC.esp
* 6A LearnAlchemyFromRecipes.esp
* 6B Apropos.esp
* 6C Sleep for Credit.esp
* 6D Books of Skyrim Compilation.esp
* ++ SLIA - Books of Skyrim.esp
* 6E Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary.esp
* 6F Skyrim Immersive Creatures - Patch.esp
* 70 ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp
* 71 Clockwork.esp
* 72 RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
* 73 zHauntedHouse.esp
* 74 Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 2.1.0]
* 75 SMIM-Merged-All.esp
* 76 Darkwater Crossing.esp  [Version 1.0.6]
* 77 SFO - Dragonborn.esp
* 78 Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
* 79 SimpleSlavery.esp
* 7A Dolmen Ruins.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 7B Shor's Stone.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
* 7C Skyrim Shadow Striping Fix.esp  [Version 2.1]
* 7D Skyshards.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 7E Devious Deviants.esp
* 7F Enhanced Landscapes - Patch.esp
* 80 CoCo_TDM2.esp
* 81 Ivarstead.esp  [Version 1.1]
* ++ SLIA - The Devious Manual.esp
* 82 When Vampires Attack.esp  [Version 2.1]
* 83 Ars Metallica - Legendary Edition.esp
* 84 Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
* 85 GagSFX.esp
* 86 GagSFXDawnguard.esp
* 87 GagSFXHearthfires.esp
* 88 GagSFXDragonborn.esp
* 89 Dr_Bandolier.esp
* 8A Daedric Extra Armor.esp
* 8B IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
* 8C Aradia Devious Expansion.esp
* 8D Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
* 8E UNP High Heels 2.esp
* 8F AncientDraugr.esp
* 90 Celes Nightingale Armor.esp
* 91 SMUTBDS.esp
* 92 Whistling Mine.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
* 93 Kynesgrove.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
* ++ SLIA - SMUT Books.esp
* 94 Devious Cidhna.esp
* 95 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
* 96 Enhanced Landscapes - Green Fields.esp
* 97 Karthwasten.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
* 98 Soljund's Sinkhole.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 99 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 1.2.9]
* 9A Sneak Tools.esp
* 9B Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
* ++ Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
* 9C FMEA Skyrim.esp
* 9D Dark Envoy.esp
* 9E FaceMasksOfSkyrim.esp
* 9F Stealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.esp
* A0 FaceMasksforNPC.esp
* ++ FaceMasksOfSkyrim_IdentityConceal.esp
* A1 Forbidden Ebony Armor.esp
* A2 HentaiGaleArmor.esp
* A3 HentaisJamellaArmor.esp
* A4 LadyHorus_TERA.esp
* A5 LNL.esp
* A6 SexLab_DibellaCult_Sisters.esp
* A7 LightBladesArmor.esp
* A8 Mystic Enchantress.esp
* A9 HentaiNightmareArmor.esp
* AA R18Pn - Eisen Plate Armor - Remade.esp
* AB WhiterunExterior.esp
* AC R18pn - Shanoa Armors.esp
* AD R18Pn - Ritter Armor - Heavy.esp
* AE R18Pn - Ritter Armor - Light.esp
* AF Ranger Outfit.esp
* B0 R18Pn - Leere  Armor.esp
* B1 R18Pn - Diano Armor.esp
* B2 UNPCMTeraCastanicHeavy15.esp
* B3 Sovngarde Steel Armor and Weapons.esp
* B4 VSArcheressDress v1.0.esp
* B5 zzArmormashups.esp
* B6 yurica_chevaleresse_II [HDT].esp
* B7 Tiwa44_Minidresses_Standalone.esp
* B8 Tiwa44_Minidresses_Standalone_DG&DB.esp
* B9 SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp  [Version 3.0]
* BA JaxonzEnhGrab.esp
* ++ DesyncBirdsOfPrey.esp
* BB SolitudeExterior.esp
* BC NewmillerPiercings2.esp
* BD NewmillerPiercings3.esp
* BE DfwSupport.esp
* BF LindsMarksmageGarb.esp
* C0 SLDrunk.esp
* C1 adventurerMashupComp.esp
* C2 Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
* C3 TrapsAndPitfalls.esp
* C4 Emfy Cleric Robes.esp
* C5 HighHrothgarWindowGlow.esp
* C6 Skyrim Map Markers.esp
* C7 Daedric Reaper Armor.esp
* C8 Neo's Slave Leia Renewal.esp
* C9 ESO Altmer Armor by NewrMind43.esp
* CA zarias_restraints.esp
* CB Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
* CC Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
* CD LadyAribeth.esp
* CE Tembtra Thief Armor.esp
* CF SexLabDefeat.esp
* D0 mslDeviousCaptures.esp
* D1 Enio Vampire Hunter.esp
* D2 AH Hotkeys.esp
* D3 Cassandra Frost Witch.esp
* D4 ShreddedTrissMash.esp
* D5 Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
* ++ Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
* D6 Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
* D7 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 3.1.6a]
* D8 Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp

I shouldn't have any follower mods installed atm. In the spoiler is my load order in case you might notice something.

=== Active Mods
* 00 Skyrim.esm
* 01 Update.esm
* 02 Dawnguard.esm
* 03 HearthFires.esm
* 04 Dragonborn.esm
* 09 ApachiiHair.esm
* 16 Heels Sound.esm
* 1F FNIS.esp
* ++ NoRadialBlur.esp
* 20 SkyUI.esp
* 22 UIExtensions.esp
* 23 FISS.esp
* 27 AchieveThat.esp
* 28 RaceMenu.esp
* 29 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
* 2A NIOVHH.esp
* 2B FreckleMania.esp
* 2C SlaveTats.esp
* 32 SOSRaceMenu.esp
* 33 XPMSE.esp
* 34 SGHairPack.esp
* 35 KS Hairdo's.esp
* 36 SGEyebrows.esp
* 37 Brows.esp
* ++ Babette.esp
* 3A EstrusChaurus.esp
* 3B SLAnimLoader.esp
* 3D SLALAnimObj.esp
* 50 Vivid Weathers.esp
* 53 TradeBarter.esp
* 54 SSLToys.esp
* 55 BDIC.esp
* 56 12FemaleBrows.esp
* 5B DeadlyDragons.esp
* 5F Captured Dreams.esp
* 66 FtM_3.esp
* 6B Apropos.esp
* 71 Clockwork.esp
* 73 zHauntedHouse.esp
* 75 SMIM-Merged-All.esp
* 79 SimpleSlavery.esp
* 80 CoCo_TDM2.esp
* 85 GagSFX.esp
* 86 GagSFXDawnguard.esp
* 89 Dr_Bandolier.esp
* 8F AncientDraugr.esp
* 91 SMUTBDS.esp
* 94 Devious Cidhna.esp
* 9A Sneak Tools.esp
* 9C FMEA Skyrim.esp
* 9D Dark Envoy.esp
* A0 FaceMasksforNPC.esp
* A2 HentaiGaleArmor.esp
* A4 LadyHorus_TERA.esp
* A5 LNL.esp
* AF Ranger Outfit.esp
* B5 zzArmormashups.esp
* BA JaxonzEnhGrab.esp
* BE DfwSupport.esp
* C0 SLDrunk.esp
* CD LadyAribeth.esp
* CF SexLabDefeat.esp
* D2 AH Hotkeys.esp

I can't see anything obvious. I might have to add a debug button into the MCM so people can manually shutdown the quest if they encounter this problem as I can't see what is causing it at the moment.

Thanks for reporting it though.

=== Active Mods
* 00 Skyrim.esm
* 01 Update.esm
* 02 Dawnguard.esm
* 03 HearthFires.esm
* 04 Dragonborn.esm
* 09 ApachiiHair.esm
* 16 Heels Sound.esm
* 1F FNIS.esp
* ++ NoRadialBlur.esp
* 20 SkyUI.esp
* 22 UIExtensions.esp
* 23 FISS.esp
* 27 AchieveThat.esp
* 28 RaceMenu.esp
* 29 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
* 2A NIOVHH.esp
* 2B FreckleMania.esp
* 2C SlaveTats.esp
* 32 SOSRaceMenu.esp
* 33 XPMSE.esp
* 34 SGHairPack.esp
* 35 KS Hairdo's.esp
* 36 SGEyebrows.esp
* 37 Brows.esp
* ++ Babette.esp
* 3A EstrusChaurus.esp
* 3B SLAnimLoader.esp
* 3D SLALAnimObj.esp
* 50 Vivid Weathers.esp
* 53 TradeBarter.esp
* 54 SSLToys.esp
* 55 BDIC.esp
* 56 12FemaleBrows.esp
* 5B DeadlyDragons.esp
* 5F Captured Dreams.esp
* 66 FtM_3.esp
* 6B Apropos.esp
* 71 Clockwork.esp
* 73 zHauntedHouse.esp
* 75 SMIM-Merged-All.esp
* 79 SimpleSlavery.esp
* 80 CoCo_TDM2.esp
* 85 GagSFX.esp
* 86 GagSFXDawnguard.esp
* 89 Dr_Bandolier.esp
* 8F AncientDraugr.esp
* 91 SMUTBDS.esp
* 94 Devious Cidhna.esp
* 9A Sneak Tools.esp
* 9C FMEA Skyrim.esp
* 9D Dark Envoy.esp
* A0 FaceMasksforNPC.esp
* A2 HentaiGaleArmor.esp
* A4 LadyHorus_TERA.esp
* A5 LNL.esp
* AF Ranger Outfit.esp
* B5 zzArmormashups.esp
* BA JaxonzEnhGrab.esp
* BE DfwSupport.esp
* C0 SLDrunk.esp
* CD LadyAribeth.esp
* CF SexLabDefeat.esp
* D2 AH Hotkeys.esp

I can't see anything obvious. I might have to add a debug button into the MCM so people can manually shutdown the quest if they encounter this problem as I can't see what is causing it at the moment.

Thanks for reporting it though.

I have had a couple occasions where something else happened at the same time an enemy spawned from a trap. Sexlab scene or something. But for some reason the spawned enemy (actually only noticed this with werewolves so far) would follow along, but he wasn't aggressive.  They didn't just stand around or sandbox, but they kind of just hung close even if I'd travel deeper. I had one that actually followed me outside.

It doesn't break anything for me, and I don't mind it as it doesn't happen very often. And it could just be something in my game. But I'm wondering if possibly something like that could have happened and it's getting recognized as a follower for some reason?

Still lots of errors with the TrapLayer and .52, I'm afraid.  The TrapLayer alias must be None for some reason.  :(

04/30/2017 - 03:49:28PM] ERROR: Cannot call IsDead() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CD038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 24

This was happening on a brand new level 1 character.  I tried going into the MCM and toggling options and hitting the reset button but still similar errors :(

Hi there, whilst reading through the thread I noticed that you wanted to know if certain areas where not working with the trap layer.

For greymoor and other forts do not seem to get trapped.

Also the only two traps I have come across in about an hour of playtime are the regular pressure plates and 'poison blooms'. Is that normal.

Good luck with the mod it is certainly a fun concept. 

Hi there, whilst reading through the thread I noticed that you wanted to know if certain areas where not working with the trap layer.

For greymoor and other forts do not seem to get trapped.

Also the only two traps I have come across in about an hour of playtime are the regular pressure plates and 'poison blooms'. Is that normal.

Good luck with the mod it is certainly a fun concept. 

I don't recall being in fort greymoor, but forts can get trapped. One I can recall offhand is the one where you meet the owner outside and retake it for him. There are others I've been in, but I remember that one specifically.

As far as the other traps it depends on how much time you spend in dungeons and  caves, and how your MCM is set up. You may have to tweak your settings.

I've had a bit of a look into Forts and why some won't trapped while others will. It all comes down to the keywords assigned to that location. The trap system looks for the "LocTypeClearable" keyword to determine if the area should be trapped or not. In fact there only seems to be two Forts with this keyword, Fort Hammerfell & Fort Frostmoth.

So, the question is, should all forts be trappable? Well, there are some issues as forts can be captured by allied factions e.g. Imperials or Stormcloaks. It doesn't make much sense for the forts to be trapped if they are owned by the faction you are allied with....but I, personally, could live with the fact that forts are dangerous places and just maybe someone forgot to go around looking for and disarming traps left by the former owners! :)

****QUICK UPDATE****

I've now configured the trap layer system so that specific areas can be tagged as trappable. At the moment it only allows you to toggle 'Forts' and 'Clearable Areas' but it will cover all location types allowing you to decide what areas are trappable. 

This means I could potentially create traps for areas such as Inns - think bag of coin just sitting on the floor asking to be taken but might also be a trap set by the local guards to catch a thief....

Hi Jim

Just wanted to step out of the shadows and say that i think this mod is a must have in any playlist

I want to say thank you for constantly making your mods better and better each update

When you will have finished merging devious magic and curses with this mod it will be amazing !

My character will have to really watch out  while exploring lol

Continue the great work