[WIP] Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things

Some Curse Ideas:

Irresistable - Fast increases the arousal of characters near cursed person (1 point in 10 seconds perhaps - or random/MCM option)

Unwariness - Trap-triggers are invisible

Estrus Curse - Randomly triggers a random estrus animation on cursed character

Growth - I saw this idea in this thread, letting butt and breasts grow. But I think it should be seperated into 3 curses: Breasts, Butt, both

Rubberdoll - I know there is a Rubberdoll-curse in DCL. But I don't like the implementation with the pink DD-equips. I would like to see a version with following rules:

- Cursed necklace (could even be a lucky charm from DCL) transforms into cursed rubber choke

- Every ingame hour the skin will be covered in more rubber (Slavetats-texture perhaps?), starting from the neck, spreading (irruglar texture) over the whole body.

- After 20 hours the transformation went to it final stages: turning mouth into a open rubbermouth (invisible gag)

- After 21 hours: turning arms fully into rubber (cant wear weapons or shields)

- After 22 hours: curse reaches knees and turns them into rubber (movement only by crawling)

- After 23 hours: head fully covered (blindfold)

- After 24 hours: body fully covered (doesn't allow movement (lying on the floor) and invents near characters to use you)

- After 25 hours, first time without sex animation -> destroys collar and detransformation through all stages backwards in quadro-speed (15 ingame-minutes per stage)

On 03/03/2018 at 3:41 PM, kplh said:

I tried the latest version of the mod and found few things:

Bug: the cursed armor cannot be unequipped, but can be dropped. Also there seems to be a spare armor appearing out of nowhere as well (once the curse is revealed)

I used a new save to see how compatible it is with all the other mods I use, I teleported to one of the dwemer dungeons, while in most cases I would not expect lvl 4 characters go in those, I noticed that some trap spawned 2x lvl 30 dwemer centurions... who are a bit too powerful for my level :smiley: While it might be my fault completely going in there at lvl 4, it could also mean that some traps might need their numbers tweaked so they don't spawn monsters way over the player level.

Ooooh...didn't know you can drop them. That shouldn't be allowed :smile:

3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Can I disable the dd traps? The other traps are good for male chars too, but the dds not so much ^^

There is a slider to control the percentage of devious traps so set that to 0%. It will only show up if you have devious devices installed.

23 minutes ago, JimmyJimJim said:

Ooooh...didn't know you can drop them. That shouldn't be allowed :smile:

One other similar issue I noticed was that things like a Cursed Loot event with the "strip naked" option selected would also cause the cursed armor to be unequipped, at least for version 0.96.  I'm pretty sure it could probably replace the armor with a DD that takes up the body slot as well. 

I believe there is a keyword available for DD that would mark the armor as a quest item/unstrippable item, but that might make DD a master.  Possibly the Sexlab NoStrip keyword would help as well (plus it would make some sense if you can't take off your cursed armor just because you want to get freaky).

IMO these are just mod compatibility issues tho, and should take a backseat to adding features and cool new curses.  The two mods occupy the same idea space, so it would make sense that they step on each other's toes a bit.  A user can always choose to disable the offending options in one or the other.

8 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

I believe there is a keyword available for DD that would mark the armor as a quest item/unstrippable item, but that might make DD a master.

Correct, that's for devices to be marked as quest items.

9 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Possibly the Sexlab NoStrip keyword would help as well

It looks like DCL at least respects the NoStrip keyword for its strip function, although that won't keep it from trying to equip a conflicting device anyway.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

One other similar issue I noticed was that things like a Cursed Loot event with the "strip naked" option selected would also cause the cursed armor to be unequipped, at least for version 0.96.  I'm pretty sure it could probably replace the armor with a DD that takes up the body slot as well. 

I believe there is a keyword available for DD that would mark the armor as a quest item/unstrippable item, but that might make DD a master.  Possibly the Sexlab NoStrip keyword would help as well (plus it would make some sense if you can't take off your cursed armor just because you want to get freaky).

IMO these are just mod compatibility issues tho, and should take a backseat to adding features and cool new curses.  The two mods occupy the same idea space, so it would make sense that they step on each other's toes a bit.  A user can always choose to disable the offending options in one or the other.

I've now added equipped curse items to a quest line as quest items to prevent dropping. We'll have to see how other mods play along with that.

1 hour ago, chaimhewast said:

Correct, that's for devices to be marked as quest items.

It looks like DCL at least respects the NoStrip keyword for its strip function, although that won't keep it from trying to equip a conflicting device anyway.

Guess we'll just see how it gets along. The only issue I can really see is if DCL or something tries to equip a conflicting harness or other item. I'm not sure how that will effect the curses. With any luck my mod should pick up the unequip event and shut down the curse.

***QUICK UPDATE***

Cursed items can now no longer be dropped to remove them. They are now deemed quest specific items. To help you get out of a cursed item you can now craft a stripping potion that will remove the item from your character. Be warned! It does not remove the curse from the item and if you put it back on then it will re-lock itself on you!

The potion can be crafted at any cooking pot for 2,500 gold (as an offering to the gods), 5 Lavender (to help cleanse yourself of the curse) and 1 Troll Fat to help you slip out of the thing! (recipe subject to change! :smile: ).

I have also fixed the Curse of Disease so that it applies vanilla diseases correctly.

42 minutes ago, JimmyJimJim said:

Guess we'll just see how it gets along. The only issue I can really see is if DCL or something tries to equip a conflicting harness or other item. I'm not sure how that will effect the curses. With any luck my mod should pick up the unequip event and shut down the curse.

Yea, if the nostrip keyword alone stops the item being unequipped from an external mod's stripping event, DCL should play nicely with it unless it equips one of the full-body rubber suits that occupy the chest armor slot.  I don't think it is much of a logic jump that a magical bondage trap might overpower the curse on your armor.  Plus it wouldn't be a great way to "cheat" armor off.... since triggering DCL traps can mess up your day much worse than a single cursed item.

I'll give it a shot at some point to see how well they play together with the nostrip keyword.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

Yea, if the nostrip keyword alone stops the item being unequipped from an external mod's stripping event, DCL should play nicely with it unless it equips one of the full-body rubber suits that occupy the chest armor slot.  I don't think it is much of a logic jump that a magical bondage trap might overpower the curse on your armor.  Plus it wouldn't be a great way to "cheat" armor off.... since triggering DCL traps can mess up your day much worse than a single cursed item.

I'll give it a shot at some point to see how well they play together with the nostrip keyword.

Yeah, I don't mind if other things override my things as long as the curses shut down correctly. :smile:

just a little thing in your mcm menu... the temper chance option doesnt stick when i reaload the game it stays at 11 when i want it at 50

Could we have a options to have a slider of less or lot of loot, i use scarcity and now i get a lot of loot :tongue:

-Curse of weakness

Reduced carry weight

-Curse of attracting ennemies (could be a lot of different curses)

Having different spawning of low level creature, ghost or thugs at random interval just to spite the player

-Curse of immunity to potions

Taking potions doesnt do anything

-Curse of striptease

At random interval a piece of armor disappear or unequip

On 06/03/2018 at 12:12 AM, tuxagent7 said:

just a little thing in your mcm menu... the temper chance option doesnt stick when i reaload the game it stays at 11 when i want it at 50

Could we have a options to have a slider of less or lot of loot, i use scarcity and now i get a lot of loot :tongue:

I will check that out.

Loot will be reduced and there is also the chance that the loot dropping quest triggers multiple times which also needs to be fixed :smile:

20 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

-Curse of weakness

Reduced carry weight

-Curse of attracting ennemies (could be a lot of different curses)

Having different spawning of low level creature, ghost or thugs at random interval just to spite the player

-Curse of immunity to potions

Taking potions doesnt do anything

-Curse of striptease

At random interval a piece of armor disappear or unequip

Good ideas there. :smile:

14 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Do the traps get triggered by follwers too? And do they affect follwers the same way as they affect the player?

All traps can only be triggered by the player as followers tend to be too clumsy. However, some traps will effect your companion as well if they get triggered.

-Curse of glass skin

ennemies do more damage to you or have a better change to hit a critical

-Curse of clumsiness

weapons have a chance to drop at random interval

-Curse of the walking dead

When you kill an ennemie he has a chance to reanimate to life

-Curse of obediance

You have to crawl instead of running walking

I so love this mod :smile: 

Tuppenceworth - if not already suggested.  TV and film themes

Curse of the Hooded Klaw

- equip player and followers with full hoods and 'selectable' levels of blindness - say from 50% to 95%

Curse of the House Physician

- player endowed with suitable effect (as used in Dwemer Enema Syringe mod - can't find the link right now) on random, initially infrequent, but increasing, frequency until cured at apothecary

Curse of the 50 Shades

- random spankings for player (and followers?) until curse lifted by court magician

LOL

Hum ive been doing dungeons but i havent had the chance ? to come accross a cursed object what happens when you find one ?

thanks

Edit : Did the _tap placeatme,  is it normal that there is only fur listed as a _tap ? got the curse of death yeah !

On 07/03/2018 at 8:53 PM, tuxagent7 said:

Hum ive been doing dungeons but i havent had the chance ? to come accross a cursed object what happens when you find one ?

thanks

Edit : Did the _tap placeatme,  is it normal that there is only fur listed as a _tap ? got the curse of death yeah !

Yes, it is the test armour. The other armour is there but it does not have the "_tap" in front of them so it makes them more difficult to find in the console. Their distribution in the dungeons is totally random and there is a lot more clutter than cursed items at the moment so coming across them should be fairly rare. Once all the items are in then i'll be able to tweak their occurrence.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Jim!

I love the idea of cursed armour and weapons and I'd love to give you a few suggestions.

First of all it would be cool if the items added by your mod had a slightly lower leveled list dependency. They could start spawning at lower levels enticing players to wear them.

Another interesting thing would be bandits and so on using those... I've seen the suggestion of ghostly wolves fighting by the wearers side. Imagine that curse exists, you go into the dungeon and the bandit chief has a pack of spirit wolves attacking you. Unless you know that the drawback of his armour is that it locks itself on you and that you are forced to service the wolves from time to time you would think "Hey! that's a nice piece of enchanted armour!" 

Adding some positive enchantments for the player to learn and also for these armours to have (even without a curse) would solve both the problem of "Ok, I'm not stupid, I know they are all cursed..." and the fact that the item text would give it away if it was a cursed item before you pick it up.

Ok, I wrote that weirdly... Said simpler, what I mean is adding armour worn by bandits which appears to have an enchantment very similar to a cursed item, but when you put them on they may change into a cursed one. 

And the last suggestion:

Daedric Curses! They could have the most interesting effects and have some simple quests attached to them. 

Let's say that suggested by someone else spirit wolves curse which I used as an example is The Curse of Hircine. It has a helpful effect but also a big drawback. First of all you can't get rid of it in a normal way. To just get rid of it you have to go to the Temple of the Divines (this is an option for those who don't want to play through daedric quests) but you can also try to bargain with Hircine. To do that you need to put on one of his artifacts (which means the curse can't be spawned on the body piece or a ring), at which point he spawns, you talk, gives you options. You can either truly become his champion and earn a whole suit of Hircine Cursed "enchanted" armour and weapon(-s) or get him to remove the curse. The second option is either boring or you roleplay a hunter so you go "HELL YEAH!" to the first option and you are given a task which, once you complete it, the curse is changed/upgraded. Perhaps now your cursed piece of armour summons stronger animals making it's benefits stronger, but at the same time they want to use you more often, making the curse harder to deal with. With time you gather more armour pieces cursed by Hircine which all have slightly different effects both positive and negative. Once you have the whole set (boots, head, arms, bow (seems most fitting for Hircine), and maybe a necklace just to make it truly full set + obviously one of his artifacts) Hircine gives you also the other of his artifacts (giving the player a way to get both without cheating) (and maybe grants you werewolf curse without having to be a companion?) and a full set of Hircine's Champion grants you additional benefits and negatives which you haven't been ready for. Everything in the flavor of Hircine of course.

Hircine is about hunters and the hunt as an idea and likes to see it when hunters become the hunted... So imagine a female huntress, the best one in the wild, nothing could stop her, but sometimes beasts and mortal men simply cannot control themselves and treat her as sexual prey. Prey being the key word to make it lore-friendly but still a loverslab mod ;)... 

Repeat for all the other Daedra...

Probably too complicated and out of the mods targeted function... but, it would be cool, right? :tongue:

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I created a completely new skyrim build with MO and a ton of mods. I have traps and pitfalls 0.96d installed.

The rune traps by this mod are placed slightly below ground. Their glow and general shape are visible, but not the lines, and most importantly, THEY ARE NOT TRIGGERABLE. By which I mean they don't trigger when I walk over them or hit them with a spell like flames.

My previous rather unclean skyrim had this same issue, so I assumed the problem was on my side, but now with this new skyrim install the same problem persists.

I'll check what happens if I don't have any other mods active beyond traps and pitfalls (at least mostly, i won't remove skse and its plugins), but until then do you have any idea what might cause this, and more importanty how might I be able to fix this? Is this placement something that can be changed by editing a simple number in tes5edit or a script?

Thanks in advance! I'd like to have my rune traps back! ><

Here's a screenshot:

5b0042f510bb6_enb2018_05_1917_28_05_14.thumb.jpg.21ce22df3a8ee041fa7cb4b0babbddb5.jpg

36 minutes ago, Wyrade said:

Hi!

I created a completely new skyrim build with MO and a ton of mods. I have traps and pitfalls 0.96d installed.

The rune traps by this mod are placed slightly below ground. Their glow and general shape are visible, but not the lines, and most importantly, THEY ARE NOT TRIGGERABLE. By which I mean they don't trigger when I walk over them or hit them with a spell like flames.

My previous rather unclean skyrim had this same issue, so I assumed the problem was on my side, but now with this new skyrim install the same problem persists.

I'll check what happens if I don't have any other mods active beyond traps and pitfalls (at least mostly, i won't remove skse and its plugins), but until then do you have any idea what might cause this, and more importanty how might I be able to fix this? Is this placement something that can be changed by editing a simple number in tes5edit or a script?

Hmmm....definitely some kind of placement issue. I suspect runes may need some kind of offset to make them appear above the ground correctly. I'll have to have a play around and see. Unfortunately there isn't any easy way to fix it.

Do you have HDT highheels or similar? I'm wonder whether the trap layer is sinking slightly below the floor for some reason.

27 minutes ago, JimmyJimJim said:
1 hour ago, Wyrade said:

Hi!

Hmmm....definitely some kind of placement issue. I suspect runes may need some kind of offset to make them appear above the ground correctly. I'll have to have a play around and see. Unfortunately there isn't any easy way to fix it.

Do you have HDT highheels or similar? I'm wonder whether the trap layer is sinking slightly below the floor for some reason.

I do have HDT highheels on both this and my previous skyrim build, yes.

[Haven't tested yet on a no-mod build, I'll get to it soonish].

1 hour ago, Wyrade said:
2 hours ago, JimmyJimJim said:
3 hours ago, Wyrade said:

Hi!

I do have HDT highheels on both this and my previous skyrim build, yes.

[Haven't tested yet on a no-mod build, I'll get to it soonish].

So I tested it. If I did not mess up something, then:

-No SKSE plugins.

-Using basic skse (1.7.3)

-Using enb (not sure about the version, I believe this is the enb provided by Natural Lighting Vivid Atmospherics mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75346/).

-Using the esp loadorder seen in screenshot.

-MO file loadorder has, in this order:

--USLEEP 3.0.13a

--Alternate Start - LAL 3.1.7

--SkyUI 5.1

--FNIS 7.4.4 + Creature 6.1 + Spells 5.0.1

--XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended 4.31

--Fuz Ro D-oh 6.1

--Sexlab 1.62

--SL Aroused Redux 28b

--DDa 3.0e

--DDi 4.0

--DDx 4.0

--TaP 0.96d

--FNIS built files

I can provide my skse ini and enblocal if you think they might cause the issue, but my skse ini is the default I believe. I did modify the enb settings.

The rune traps are still placed slighty under the ground and are untriggerable.

Any ideas what else might I try or where I might have messed up my testing?

Also thanks for the help.

Edit: minor additional info is that i believe one of the previous versions worked fine for me on my previous messy skyrim build, and this started happening after one of my Traps and Pitfalls upgrades. I don't know the exact version numbers, but i do have several zips in my download folder still, starting from 0.22, and having a bigger version hole where i have 0.55, 0.57 then 0.91, so it MIGHT have been the 0.57 one where it still worked for me, but that's pure guessing.

Edit2: I removed USLEEP and DDx, the problem still persists.
I also tried out TAP 0.57, but I couldn't get it to place a rune trap - maybe not implemented in that version, or some requirement having a higher version interfering -, so I could not test that.

loadorder1.JPG.ad9d2d6c4bad15284bc9e7f1347e8d55.JPG

On 19/05/2018 at 7:16 PM, Wyrade said:

So I tested it. If I did not mess up something, then:

-No SKSE plugins.

-Using basic skse (1.7.3)

-Using enb (not sure about the version, I believe this is the enb provided by Natural Lighting Vivid Atmospherics mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75346/).

-Using the esp loadorder seen in screenshot.

-MO file loadorder has, in this order:

--USLEEP 3.0.13a

--Alternate Start - LAL 3.1.7

--SkyUI 5.1

--FNIS 7.4.4 + Creature 6.1 + Spells 5.0.1

--XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended 4.31

--Fuz Ro D-oh 6.1

--Sexlab 1.62

--SL Aroused Redux 28b

--DDa 3.0e

--DDi 4.0

--DDx 4.0

--TaP 0.96d

--FNIS built files

I can provide my skse ini and enblocal if you think they might cause the issue, but my skse ini is the default I believe. I did modify the enb settings.

The rune traps are still placed slighty under the ground and are untriggerable.

Any ideas what else might I try or where I might have messed up my testing?

Also thanks for the help.

Edit: minor additional info is that i believe one of the previous versions worked fine for me on my previous messy skyrim build, and this started happening after one of my Traps and Pitfalls upgrades. I don't know the exact version numbers, but i do have several zips in my download folder still, starting from 0.22, and having a bigger version hole where i have 0.55, 0.57 then 0.91, so it MIGHT have been the 0.57 one where it still worked for me, but that's pure guessing.

Edit2: I removed USLEEP and DDx, the problem still persists.
I also tried out TAP 0.57, but I couldn't get it to place a rune trap - maybe not implemented in that version, or some requirement having a higher version interfering -, so I could not test that.

Just a minor thing, DDx does technically require NiOverride (or racemenu since it's included there) for its heels.