[WIP] Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things

4 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

Just a minor thing, DDx does technically require NiOverride (or racemenu since it's included there) for its heels.

Thanks! :smile: I do have racemenu in my full loadorder, but indeed did not include it in the testing environment. It is likely irrelevant as both without (in testing) and with (in my normal gameplay) has the problem, but nice that you noticed it, ty.

12 hours ago, JimmyJimJim said:

It may well be something I need to fix with an offset. I'll have a look into it :smile:

I also feel the traplayer is likely slightly below ground, but I have no idea why, and I don't mind some of the other traps sinking below ground - they are less visible, thus more "devious", but still visible -, as long as they are triggerable, which I think they are. Except for runes.

I got a "Steel Armor of Poverty" equipped recently, but it did not trigger a second time yet (first was when i equipped it), even though I do believe the mcm configured max 360 sec already elapsed.

Is there a way to check its status, somehow check if a script is broken or whatnot?

Or should i just force-remove it with console? Would that break something in the mod?

I tried setting the curse activation timers to low values (5 and 15) and then pressing the debug "restart quest" option, but that does nothing beyond writing a "Restarting TAP Quest" line on the top left corner if the "show debug messages" option is ticked. Certainly didn't trigger the curse within 15s at least.

Edit: DCL's "Sleep naked" function stripped the armor. I equipped it again, now with mcm set to 5 to 15 sec for curse activation, and still only the initial equipping triggered the curse.

I still can't sell or drop it without console even unequipped though, as it is marked as a quest item.

12 hours ago, Wyrade said:

Thanks! :smile: I do have racemenu in my full loadorder, but indeed did not include it in the testing environment. It is likely irrelevant as both without (in testing) and with (in my normal gameplay) has the problem, but nice that you noticed it, ty.

I also feel the traplayer is likely slightly below ground, but I have no idea why, and I don't mind some of the other traps sinking below ground - they are less visible, thus more "devious", but still visible -, as long as they are triggerable, which I think they are. Except for runes.

This is why I mention the HDT Highheels system as that offsets characters by so much when they equip and unequip high heel footwear. If you remove your characters foot wear do their feet sit perfectly on the ground or slightly below it?

The trap layer is just an invisible NPC with no clothing so if they are sitting slightly below the ground then that is where the trap will spawn. 

I know my traps seem to set perfectly on the ground...

9 hours ago, Wyrade said:

I got a "Steel Armor of Poverty" equipped recently, but it did not trigger a second time yet (first was when i equipped it), even though I do believe the mcm configured max 360 sec already elapsed.

Is there a way to check its status, somehow check if a script is broken or whatnot?

Or should i just force-remove it with console? Would that break something in the mod?

I tried setting the curse activation timers to low values (5 and 15) and then pressing the debug "restart quest" option, but that does nothing beyond writing a "Restarting TAP Quest" line on the top left corner if the "show debug messages" option is ticked. Certainly didn't trigger the curse within 15s at least.

Edit: DCL's "Sleep naked" function stripped the armor. I equipped it again, now with mcm set to 5 to 15 sec for curse activation, and still only the initial equipping triggered the curse.

I still can't sell or drop it without console even unequipped though, as it is marked as a quest item.

I'll check into the timers for the cursed items....they should be reactivating and I know they were definitely working for me when I tested them a while ago.

The timers are funny things though. If the item you're wearing is already equipped then setting the timers in the MCM won't do anything until the original timers expire. Resetting the quests won't have any effect on magical effects.

If you force the armour off then you still won't be able to sell or drop it as the magical effect is still active and the item will be seen as a quest item. You'll have to wait for the armour's curse to naturally wear off at which point the item will be destroyed - this is by design :smile:

As for DCL I probably need to set the NOSTRIP keyword on the armour so that (hopefully) it will ignore it. - Actually just checked, the armour already has the SexLabNoStrip keyword so if DCL is ignoring that then there is nothing I can do :frown:

***UPDATE***

I did find a bug when re-applying the curse as it was ignoring the values set in the MCM. New version up fixes this so it will now re-trigger at the correct time :smile:

Hi, I've got underground magic runes, too. Without having hdt highheels installed.

And without Devious Devices installed the MCM tooltip says that DD was detected. I guess that's on purpose to make things easier?

Other than that the trap setting takes a long time and sometimes ends up right under my feet.

6 hours ago, JimmyJimJim said:

This is why I mention the HDT Highheels system as that offsets characters by so much when they equip and unequip high heel footwear. If you remove your characters foot wear do their feet sit perfectly on the ground or slightly below it?

The trap layer is just an invisible NPC with no clothing so if they are sitting slightly below the ground then that is where the trap will spawn. 

I know my traps seem to set perfectly on the ground...

As far as I can see, my characters bare feet are properly on the ground / above the ground. And I did try in a supposedly clean skyrim, still having the runes below ground.

standing.jpg.ee6fa1f94771f746f09dab93d46f25d8.jpg

6 hours ago, JimmyJimJim said:

I'll check into the timers for the cursed items....they should be reactivating and I know they were definitely working for me when I tested them a while ago.

The timers are funny things though. If the item you're wearing is already equipped then setting the timers in the MCM won't do anything until the original timers expire. Resetting the quests won't have any effect on magical effects.

[...]

***UPDATE***

I did find a bug when re-applying the curse as it was ignoring the values set in the MCM. New version up fixes this so it will now re-trigger at the correct time :smile:

The curses still don't trigger for a second time for me. T_T I don't even have any idea where the issue might be. They seem to trigger on equip properly once.

I have no idea why I haven't started with this (sorry), but here are papyrus log fragments from my heavily modded skyrim, I loaded back to the point before I looted and equipped the first cursed armor.

Spoiler

Steel Armor of Devious Devices

[05/21/2018 - 08:15:21PM] Error: Unable to call CreateEnchantment - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.CreateEnchantment() - "<native>" Line ?
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.setItemEnchantment() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 129
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnInit() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 32
[05/21/2018 - 08:15:21PM] [Zad]: Set slot mask to [0]: 0
[05/21/2018 - 08:15:23PM] WARNING: Property ActorValue1 on script _TAPMagicalDeviceScript attached to Active effect 18 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[05/21/2018 - 08:15:23PM] WARNING: Property ActorValue2 on script _TAPMagicalDeviceScript attached to Active effect 18 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[05/21/2018 - 08:15:24PM] Error: Cannot check worn items against a None keyword
stack:
 [ (00000014)].Actor.WornHasKeyword() - "<native>" Line ?
 [Active effect 16 on  (00000014)]._TAPMagicalDeviceScript.OnEffectStart() - "_tapmagicaldevicescript.psc" Line 113
[05/21/2018 - 08:15:24PM] Error: Cannot check worn items against a None keyword
stack:
 [ (00000014)].Actor.WornHasKeyword() - "<native>" Line ?
 [Active effect 18 on  (00000014)]._TAPMagicalDeviceScript.OnEffectStart() - "_tapmagicaldevicescript.psc" Line 139

Spoiler

Steel Armor of True Electrocution

[05/21/2018 - 08:11:31PM] Error: Unable to call SetItemHealthPercent - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.SetItemHealthPercent() - "<native>" Line ?
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.setTemperLevel() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 103
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnInit() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 26
[05/21/2018 - 08:11:31PM] Error: Unable to call CreateEnchantment - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.CreateEnchantment() - "<native>" Line ?
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.setItemEnchantment() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 129
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnInit() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 32

Spoiler

Another, I don't remember, maybe when I added a xx2193e3 "Steel Armor" item with console and equipped that?

[05/21/2018 - 08:09:40PM] Error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.UnregisterForUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnUnequipped() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 73
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:40PM] Error: Unable to call GetDisplayName - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.GetDisplayName() - "<native>" Line ?
 [_TAPMCM (B4019D10)]._taputilities.lockArmor() - "_taputilities.psc" Line 34
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnEquipped() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 58
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:40PM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp8"
stack:
 [_TAPMCM (B4019D10)]._taputilities.lockArmor() - "_taputilities.psc" Line 34
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnEquipped() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 58
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:40PM] Error: Unable to call SetDisplayName - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.SetDisplayName() - "<native>" Line ?
 [_TAPMCM (B4019D10)]._taputilities.lockArmor() - "_taputilities.psc" Line 37
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:40PM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp10"
stack:
 [_TAPMCM (B4019D10)]._taputilities.lockArmor() - "_taputilities.psc" Line 37
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:41PM] Error: Cannot add None to a container
stack:
 [ (00000014)].Actor.AddItem() - "<native>" Line ?
 [_TAPMCM (B4019D10)]._taputilities.lockArmor() - "_taputilities.psc" Line 38
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:41PM] [Zad]: Set slot mask to [0]: 0
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:41PM] Error: alias CuirassAlias on quest _TAPBlockCursedItemDropQuest (B422D7FF): Cannot force the alias's reference to a None reference.
stack:
 [alias CuirassAlias on quest _TAPBlockCursedItemDropQuest (B422D7FF)].ReferenceAlias.ForceRefTo() - "<native>" Line ?
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnEquipped() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 59
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:41PM] Error: Unable to call SetItemHealthPercent - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.SetItemHealthPercent() - "<native>" Line ?
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.setTemperLevel() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 103
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnInit() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 26
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:41PM] Error: Unable to call CreateEnchantment - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.CreateEnchantment() - "<native>" Line ?
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.setItemEnchantment() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 129
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnInit() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 32
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:42PM] Error: Unable to call RegisterForSingleUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
 [None]._TAPCursedArmorScript.OnEquipped() - "_tapcursedarmorscript.psc" Line 63
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:42PM] [Zad]: Set slot mask to [338165760]: 338165760
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:43PM] [POP].::.xpoCrimeScanner: (Scanning) OnUpdate
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:50PM] [DCUR] Periodical update starts
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:57PM] Error: Unable to call GetBaseObject - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
 [Item 8 in container  (00000014)]._TAPCursedArmorScript.GetBaseObject() - "<native>" Line ?
 [ (92004387)]._snperkrefill.Fragment_193() - "_snperkrefill.psc" Line 70
[05/21/2018 - 08:09:58PM] [DCUR] Sex attacks are out of cooldown. Checking conditions!

Edit: What do I need to edit to make the trap layer visible?

(btw another minor unrelated thing: could you make it so the manual override key doesn't activate when pressed in mcm or while typing in console?)

I'm not sure what would be causing the Runes to appear below ground. What about other traps such as the bear trap or pressure plates?

I've uploaded a new version which should remove the papyrus log spam. All it is saying is that the onInit() hasn't been assigned to an form object which is correct because the onInit() is actually the wrong event to use. I've changed it to onLoad() which means the script will only fire when the 3D of the object has loaded.

I've had a good test and you're right - the curses are not retriggering. I've traced it down to the way I have to unequip and then re-equip the armour to enable it to be renamed as you can't really do anything to an item when they are in a container or worn and that process is breaking the scripts ability to register for updates.

I have an idea on how to fix it but it isn't simple and will require a complete rework of how the curses are controlled. :(

• 5 weeks later...

you should rework the "mob"spawns...

a massive increase of skeevers is really annoying, but no threat above level 3...    (i´m lvl64)

is it standard, that i have to wait about 15-20 minutes until the "trap layer" is ready in it´s about 3 or 4th try...?

in most cases i would have completed that dungeonpart before the "super-sprinting" Trap layer is even half through the dungeon.....

On 6/22/2018 at 7:04 PM, MetZwerg said:

you should rework the "mob"spawns...

a massive increase of skeevers is really annoying, but no threat above level 3...    (i´m lvl64)

is it standard, that i have to wait about 15-20 minutes until the "trap layer" is ready in it´s about 3 or 4th try...?

in most cases i would have completed that dungeonpart before the "super-sprinting" Trap layer is even half through the dungeon.....

Unfortunately the trap layer is beholden to the AI of Skyrim...this means they get stuck - often! 

However, just because you don't see the trap layer complete message doesn't mean the traps aren't set. It just means they haven't reached then end of their route. This can often be because they get stuck or blocked by something.

When this happens they are teleported to another position and this can happen a number of times till the trap layer has visited all waypoints on their route, but you don't need to wait for them to finish. Part of the mod is it is extremely random and having the trap layer not lay traps everywhere is part of that randomness! Some dungeons will be heavily trapped, some not so much. :D

yeah... but i really get annoyed to get into a new "room" just to see 2 standard bandits in there(wich are always there) in a heap of 20-30 skeevers, while when i kill those two, just another skeever pack is spawned in because of the third 5th respawn of a trap layer because of a critical failure and restart....

because of the failure rate, i am at the other end of the dungeon, when the trap-layer is about halfway trough.....

Awesome mod, really enjoying it! Would be sweet if we could have more mcm control as to which creatures and things spawn with the traps. I typically dont want spiders, they do work well with animations etc, id rather have only skeever, or maybe others like chaurus for example. Looking forward to the next update!

On 6/28/2018 at 9:33 PM, MetZwerg said:

yeah... but i really get annoyed to get into a new "room" just to see 2 standard bandits in there(wich are always there) in a heap of 20-30 skeevers, while when i kill those two, just another skeever pack is spawned in because of the third 5th respawn of a trap layer because of a critical failure and restart....

because of the failure rate, i am at the other end of the dungeon, when the trap-layer is about halfway trough.....

On 6/28/2018 at 9:34 PM, MetZwerg said:

maybe its more stable for games, that are much less modded than mine.....

It's difficult to see how best I can solve this as I am at the mercy of AI pathing. There is code in there that should prevent the trap layer getting stuck too often as it should warp them forward to their next waypoint. Is it any specific dungeon?

On 7/1/2018 at 1:40 AM, real1397681 said:

Awesome mod, really enjoying it! Would be sweet if we could have more mcm control as to which creatures and things spawn with the traps. I typically dont want spiders, they do work well with animations etc, id rather have only skeever, or maybe others like chaurus for example. Looking forward to the next update!

I'll see what I can do :)

3 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

What are you working on for this wonderfull mod Jim ?

Well, I really need to spend some time doing more cursed armour and getting them distributed around Skyrim...I think the main thing will be sorting out some kind of options in the MCM to let people define spawned mob strength/types....of course there's also the events system which hasn't really been used much yet...too much stuff! :D

Oh I did have a suggestion while I remember: could we have the trap mobs spawn around the object rather than the player? Often eggs or webs will block narrow passageways and ill launch a fireball at it to destroy it from a safe distance. But then they spawn on me anyways! Just maybe a quality of life thing to add :)

• 2 weeks later...

IDEA:

I have the Skyrim Chain Beasts mod installed and I have also used the optional WildChainBeasts esp, which changes also some of the vanilla animals into the chain beasts (e.g. rabbits, foxes, frostspiders). That mod also unintentionally changes some of the frost spiders from the traps of this mod into chain beasts, which is actually quite a good feature. So if you are still working with this mod, then the Skyrim Chain Beasts mod could be a good addition to the traps.

1 hour ago, JuliusXX said:

IDEA:

I have the Skyrim Chain Beasts mod installed and I have also used the optional WildChainBeasts esp, which changes also some of the vanilla animals into the chain beasts (e.g. rabbits, foxes, frostspiders). That mod also unintentionally changes some of the frost spiders from the traps of this mod into chain beasts, which is actually quite a good feature. So if you are still working with this mod, then the Skyrim Chain Beasts mod could be a good addition to the traps.

I like also that idea !

6 hours ago, JuliusXX said:

IDEA:

I'll have a look into that. If they are changing vanilla animals then I can soft dependency it by allowing you to choose the type of animals that spawn in traps.

I will have an update ready shortly...

17 hours ago, JimmyJimJim said:

I'll have a look into that. If they are changing vanilla animals then I can soft dependency it by allowing you to choose the type of animals that spawn in traps.

I will have an update ready shortly...

It's only the optional WildChainBeasts.esp that changes the vanilla animals etc. The main Skyrim Chain Beasts is more like a framework, so I think with that you can spawn the chain beasts directly.

Hi!  I'm running 0.96f, and I got a piece of cursed armor equipped.  I noticed it cursed me once and haven't noticed another curse.  It's been an hour of gameplay now, and I recently set the crumble chance to 90% and the times to 60-300s, and it's still stuck on.  To make matters worse, the armor won't actually render on my character after saving and reloading the game... that part of my body is simply transparent.  Sort of like it's getting hidden by, like, the DD device hider or something.

I see this repeated a few times in my Papyrus logs:

[07/20/2018 - 02:57:39PM] Warning: Property ActorValue1 on script _TAPMagicalDeviceScript attached to Active effect 53 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/20/2018 - 02:57:39PM] Warning: Property ActorValue2 on script _TAPMagicalDeviceScript attached to Active effect 53 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Anyway, is there a way to jog the script to get it ticking again, or to skip to the end?  It looks like there's a quest _TAPBlockCursedItemDropQuest - maybe if I complete it with the console?

On 7/21/2018 at 12:47 AM, throwaway219 said:

Hi!  I'm running 0.96f, and I got a piece of cursed armor equipped.  I noticed it cursed me once and haven't noticed another curse.  It's been an hour of gameplay now, and I recently set the crumble chance to 90% and the times to 60-300s, and it's still stuck on.  To make matters worse, the armor won't actually render on my character after saving and reloading the game... that part of my body is simply transparent.  Sort of like it's getting hidden by, like, the DD device hider or something.

I see this repeated a few times in my Papyrus logs:

[07/20/2018 - 02:57:39PM] Warning: Property ActorValue1 on script _TAPMagicalDeviceScript attached to Active effect 53 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/20/2018 - 02:57:39PM] Warning: Property ActorValue2 on script _TAPMagicalDeviceScript attached to Active effect 53 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Anyway, is there a way to jog the script to get it ticking again, or to skip to the end?  It looks like there's a quest _TAPBlockCursedItemDropQuest - maybe if I complete it with the console?

On 5/23/2018 at 9:34 PM, JimmyJimJim said:

[...]

I've had a good test and you're right - the curses are not retriggering. I've traced it down to the way I have to unequip and then re-equip the armour to enable it to be renamed as you can't really do anything to an item when they are in a container or worn and that process is breaking the scripts ability to register for updates.

I have an idea on how to fix it but it isn't simple and will require a complete rework of how the curses are controlled. :(

If you (throwaway219) read back on this very page, Jim said he located the problem, but can't solve it easily.

(I don't remember how i unequipped the armor, it was quite a while ago, i either managed with console or reloaded a save.)

• 3 months later...

I started skyrim again, and - still having the runes below ground or at least untriggerable - when I accidentally clicked it while my console was open, I got the idea to make traplayer visible, change to human race and set its scale to 2 to see it properly.

As far as I can see its feet are not below the ground, and - as it can be seen on the picture - it still places the runes below ground (or, again, just untriggerable).

Any ideas what else and how might I test? I had the idea to equip a high heel on the traplayer, but couldn't manage to click it a second time. Maybe some offset edit i can do from tes5edit or editing a script? If you could direct me to to possible solutions to the problem, I'd be happy to try.

Spoiler

127677837_enb2018_11_1521_03_59_07.jpg.8b61e8672c7cdcbcfd21e63126839c41.jpg