4 hours ago, Teioh said:

do you have any plans on publishing skyrim special edition version or none at all?

What IGotBored quoted above. And if you really want to use the mod in SE you could try porting it yourself, shouldn't be too hard as long as you avoid the HDT hairs and tail.

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

What IGotBored quoted above. And if you really want to use the mod in SE you could try porting it yourself, shouldn't be too hard as long as you avoid the HDT hairs and tail.

I will say though that I would love nothing more than to see this (and yiffy age) ported to SE. and yes while I could port it myself i am not afraid to admit that i'm apart of the lazy side of the community

A new advancement was made in floppy tails department over at Yiffy Age thread and obviously I had to expand that to the sharks too.

So here's a version that includes Selachii too without having to console equip tails to them before sexy times.

03 YA5 Equippable HDT Tails + Sharks.7z

This plugin replaces the useless SexLab nudesuits with HDT tails for Yiffy Age races and The Selachii. Just turn that option on in SL and enjoy automatic floppiness.

Requires SexLab, Yiffy Age and Sharks obviously. Version that doesn't require YA isn't much work if there's demand for that.

EDIT: The only caveat here being that it removes your equipped HDT tail after scene so you have to re-equip it since SL doesn't seem to do that automatically for some reason.

2 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

A new advancement was made in floppy tails department over at Yiffy Age thread and obviously I had to expand that to the sharks too.

Lol, that was quick. Thanks for the work and support you provide for the sharkies, it's really apreciated. :classic_laugh:

2 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Requires SexLab, Yiffy Age and Sharks obviously. Version that doesn't require YA isn't much work if there's demand for that.

I'll probably add it to the main file downloads if you don't mind (with credit, of course), so I can take care of making a non-YA version as well just fine.

Unfortunately I won't have access to my rig or be able to work on mod stuff for a while so it will have to wait until I'm back. In the meantime, your attached file will have to do.

6 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I'll probably add it to the main file downloads if you don't mind (with credit, of course)

Sure, go ahead. You don't even have to credit me since the ideas were all your and 27X's. I just did the quick work.

6 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I can take care of making a non-YA version as well just fine. 

Unfortunately I won't have access to my rig or be able to work on mod stuff for a while so it will have to wait until I'm back.

They don't call me Speedy Gonzalez for no reason.

Shark Race Sexlab Tails.esp

This one didn't even require meshes or new armatures since everything is already in Shark Race.esp. It just replaces the nudesuit with the already existing Selachii HDT Tail.

2 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

That made me want to try out something too since I was apparently too early for shark week.

Wanna see a vampire illusion magic trick?

Hide contents

Haha ! That’s awesome.

Alright, for all SSErs out there, know that a port of the mod was posted recently. You can find it here: 

The Selachii - Shark Race - (UNOFFICIAL) SSE Port

As the name and description state, it's "unofficial", which means I'm not involved in the port itself nor am I responsible for its quality or bug-free status (if any). Comments, bug reports, complaints, etc. should go to @war11010 instead, as I won't be providing support for it (unless you are 120% sure whatever bug you report is caused by the base mod itself and is unrelated to the porting process or SE's quirks compared to LE).

For the record, and as I've stated several times already, I fully intend to make a proper official SE version of the mod, but there's no ETA yet so this one will have to do in the meantime.

For anyone wondering, work on the mod is still going, although at a slower pace than previous updates. I'm currently away from modding (and from home, actually) and will be so for a while longer, but the next version should drop sometime in September.

So far the new content won't be plenty: there's the new race presets kindly provided by @ASlySpyDuo, as well as a handful of new female face tints and warpaints (originally made for the FO4 version of the race and based on vanilla FO4 tint designs, but backported to Skyrim because FO4 tints work exactly like Skyrim ones do), and also the usual "small tweaks and bugfixes", which I've yet again forgotten to keep detailed track of, as is tradition. That's it.

I also want to look into adding more stuff to the NPC plugin (NPCs, quests, locations, etc.) from the ton of stuff that's already planned, but whether anything else will be added (and to which extent) will depend on how difficult the current planned stuff is to implement and on my willingness to wrestle with the CK. So I can't really give an estimate right now; best option is to assume nothing else will be added for now and work from there.

As always, I'm open to suggestions or requests for the mod at all times, but the chances of them actually happening (assuming they are possible and suitable for my current skills in the first place) are higher when those are posted close-ish to an update. So if anyone has anything they want to ask for the mod, feel free to do so now. PMs are also welcome if posting in the thread itself is not the prefered option or whatever (not that I expect to get any but thought I might as well clarify that).

Now, as for the FO4 sharks, work is still going as well.

I recently got word back from azar giving me permission to include my custom-fit Ponytail Hairstyles meshes for the race (as showcase in the WIP images), so barring any last-minute changes, the hairstyle options won't be a problem. Downloading the original PH mod will still be required to get the materials and textures, as I am only allowed to include meshes, but at least the race will have access to azar's awesome hairs instead of the vanilla ones only. I also intend to look into adding other hairs from Commonwealth Cuts (aka Apachii/KS), preferably those that are already available for the race in Skyrim, to make it easier to recreate characters across games (assuming anyone is even interested in that) and also because I chose those due to them being easy-ish to refit for the shark head in the first place.

Other highlights include eye textures from Skyrim's Natural Eyes and from FO4's Vulpine Race, vanilla FO4-style tints and paints, optional bodies with beast feet (unfortunately only visible when naked) and rebuilt body textures in 4K using the default FO4 CBBE body textures as a base. The latest development was the addition of gills to the neck textures, which also explain their waterbreathing ability (which yes, they will have in FO4, just like they do in Skyrim).

The mod is still Alpha as far as I'm concerned, and I have no idea when (or even if) work on males will happen, so I can't even give a rough ETA on it. Having said that, females should be feature-complete enough to be playable already so I may consider a female-only Alpha/Beta release sometime soon-ish depending on how things unfold; thoughts on this are welcome as well.

More on it as it happens.

14 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

As always, I'm open to suggestions or requests for the mod at all times

I have actually thought that adding them into leveled NPC lists as bandits, legionnaires and warlocks would be pretty nice and would integrate them into the game better. As it stands right now, they are quite rare with NPC plugin.

Being part of Blood Horkers would probably be fitting but since they only appear in one quest and as radiant encounters after that, they would still be rare.

25 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

I have actually thought that adding them into leveled NPC lists as bandits, legionnaires and warlocks would be pretty nice and would integrate them into the game better. As it stands right now, they are quite rare with NPC plugin.

That's a pretty good idea, actually. It's true so far the only sharks around are unique named NPCs, having some generic/unnamed ones around  would help a lot in integrating them into the world.

Bandit groups would surely have the odd Selachii here and there like they do with Argonians and Khajiits, and we've already established in-lore that some of them also joined the Imperial Legion, so those groups would be a good fit. Warlocks may not fit as well, though; perhaps pirates would be better instead? Don't think there's many of them outside of some specific locations and random encounters, but they would be the perfect ones theme-wise.

Only problem would be possible incompatibilities with any other mods that change leveled NPC lists, but nothing that can't be solved with a Bashed/Merged/Smash Patch, so that shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Guess I'll have to look into it. Only problem with that would be getting the actual NPCs for that; even if we only add a dozen new NPCs to the lists, all of them would need to be given a unique appearance, and that would take some work. But I'd be willing to go through it if the whole thing turns out to be feasible, so there's that.

Possibly something to consider would be the suggested plugin for Live Another Life? I do have a blog entry with some ideas, at least two of them at this point being fairly simple. One is just a copy of LAL's bandit start, only with wrecked ships in mind for starting locations, and the other is somewhat similar, beginning the player as a member of the Dainty Sload's crew, who would not attack the player, unless they are attacked first. 

The other two are looking to be a bit more complex, as the one concerning Akario only works once he, and some changes to the Solitude docks are implemented, and of course that one is intended to have a quest attached to it(which ideally can be done without this start option, with some different dialog). The other one, is complex for two reasons - one being the perhaps far off idea of a Selachii village(some basic details already listed in the Locations entry), and it being a start with three options - the player being orphaned as an only child, or if you are the oldest of perhaps three children, and if your parents were either blacksmiths or fishermen. 

Otherwise, I thinking I'm going to do a few presets for a few of the planned characters, most likely Kira and Hito(both members of the Dark Brotherhood), and perhaps some others.

2 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Possibly something to consider would be the suggested plugin for Live Another Life? I do have a blog entry with some ideas, at least two of them at this point being fairly simple. One is just a copy of LAL's bandit start, only with wrecked ships in mind for starting locations, and the other is somewhat similar, beginning the player as a member of the Dainty Sload's crew, who would not attack the player, unless they are attacked first. 

IIRC the Bandit starts use some scripting tricks to get the bandit NPCs at the assigned camp to be friendly while still keeping them as generic bandits, so I would have to look into how it's all set up and how to create alternate starts. But I'd say that's an option.

Same goes for the Dainty Sload, and in that case I don't think there are many mods that alter it or its inhabitants, so that shouldn't be a problem. On top of that, it's also one of the few locations with pirate NPCs, and one of the first ideas that came to mind for ASlySpyDuo's suggestion above was to turn them into Selachii (at least the unnamed ones that draw from generic bandit leveled lists; the first mate is unique but he could be turned into a shark too). So if we went ahead with the Selachii-fication of the crew, it would certainly fit.

I'd say the second one sounds more feasible so I may just go for it, but again, I will have to check how hard it is to make LAL starts. Worst case scenario, I can still turn them into Selachii even without the start. Maybe make them non-hostile at first and add alternate options to keep them that way, just like with Deekus.

The other two are looking to be a bit more complex, as the one concerning Akario only works once he, and some changes to the Solitude docks are implemented, and of course that one is intended to have a quest attached to it(which ideally can be done without this start option, with some different dialog). The other one, is complex for two reasons - one being the perhaps far off idea of a Selachii village(some basic details already listed in the Locations entry), and it being a start with three options - the player being orphaned as an only child, or if you are the oldest of perhaps three children, and if your parents were either blacksmiths or fishermen. 

Those sound good as concepts but as you say they are probably too complex to work on them right now. As I said, I'll look into the Dainty Sload thing first, if anything.

Otherwise, I thinking I'm going to do a few presets for a few of the planned characters, most likely Kira and Hito(both members of the Dark Brotherhood), and perhaps some others.

Adding placeholder NPC entries is easy, even if their actual use/implementation doesn't happen just yet, so that's fine. Less work for when it actually comes to implementing them.

1 hour ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

A stand alone version of the armor and clothing would be nice so you don't have to download the NPC mod

Not a bad idea either. Separating the armors from the main mod shouldn't take much work and I guess it would come in handy for anyone that doesn't want to use the NPC plugin (or the race mod as a whole) but wants to get the armors themselves. I'll have to think about it.

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Same goes for the Dainty Sload, and in that case I don't think there are many mods that alter it or its inhabitants, so that shouldn't be a problem. On top of that, it's also one of the few locations with pirate NPCs, and one of the first ideas that came to mind for ASlySpyDuo's suggestion above was to turn them into Selachii (at least the unnamed ones that draw from generic bandit leveled lists; the first mate is unique but he could be turned into a shark too). So if we went ahead with the Selachii-fication of the crew, it would certainly fit.

Now you've got me thinking. Mostly for a way to avoid framing the crew, and perhaps to...oh, right. Bethesda suggested that this Captain Volf exists(unless it's cut content), but likely isn't in the game at all. This mod could certainly add him as a character, perhaps suggesting that crossing Erikur wasn't Volf's doing, instead this being his First Mate, and him being framed is a complete farce. Though obviously not something to develop on right away, other than perhaps simply naming the First Mate, even if the LAL option doesn't go into the next update. The background story I'm thinking of has perhaps Volf and his first mate as definitely Selachii, but only a few of the in-game crew would be.

The Captain's name could easily be explained as an assumed name, perhaps relating to this group of pirates not at all knowing what a Selachii is, and perhaps being unable to pronounce his actual name, started calling him "Wolf", due to his ferocity and fighting like one - and due to perhaps the way some of them said it, him(perhaps not having the best grasp of Cyrodiilic at the time) and others just kept saying it that way, and it stuck.

Also, some screenshots...

First shot of Kira

Kira1.png.097e577ba48dfde3dd8f9cbeb164eee1.png

Decided on the blue Merchant clothes for her instead. No boots or shoes for her either, though her being a follower isn't at all like Nami - she is meant to wear the Shrouded boots at some point(as the blog entry suggests). Also, I hope that deck is vanilla, as I do have a mod that changes Dawnstar.

And a few shots of Kaede. 

Dragon1.png.96d8f32bd790f584b4a03b8fbd6cf84c.pngDragon2.png.6b82a637192c61d8d9de29b7707418ef.pngDragon3.png.d91248b855b81ccf1692f278eac098aa.pngDragon4.png.21b416a477e92f815152e789e9679829.png

6 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Now you've got me thinking. Mostly for a way to avoid framing the crew, and perhaps to...oh, right. Bethesda suggested that this Captain Volf exists(unless it's cut content), but likely isn't in the game at all.

Nope, not even cut content, he just doesn't exist in the game at all. All references to him are in dialogue only during the quest.

This mod could certainly add him as a character, perhaps suggesting that crossing Erikur wasn't Volf's doing, instead this being his First Mate, and him being framed is a complete farce. Though obviously not something to develop on right away, other than perhaps simply naming the First Mate, even if the LAL option doesn't go into the next update.

Yeah, I see some potential there.

The only real problem I can think of is that according to the quest dialogues, Volf is not on the ship during the quest and he always ends up in jail when you complete it, so unless we edit those dialogues to change the outcome (which I don't think it's an option), the only characters we can work with are the crewmembers and first mate themselves. Which, again, are a pretty good option at first glance.

The background story I'm thinking of has perhaps Volf and his first mate as definitely Selachii, but only a few of the in-game crew would be.

According to UESP, there's only six generic crewmembers: two are Nords, and the others are randomized from the "male bandits" leveled list. I don't recall them having any special dialogue or interactions, and as I said I don't think many mods alter them or the Sload either, so in theory we would be able to do whatever with them. Turning one or two of them into Selachii would certainly be an option, as would be editing the lists the others draw from so they are a bit more diverse; I'm pretty sure those two Nords are clones aka the exact same character spawned twice, so it would certainly help. Maybe also use more generic/less limited lists so some of them can spawn as female as well.

17 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

perhaps pirates would be better instead?

That's why I mentioned Blood Horkers - they are a (supposedly powerful) pirate faction harassing East Empire Company based in Sea of Ghosts. The EEC branch in Windhelm sends you to eventually raid their HQ and after that quest they start appearing as radiant encounters.