1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Those generic NPCs look like they are just renamed bandits, so depending on how their leveled lists are set up, they may already get some Selachii NPCs if I add them to the generic bandit lists in the first place. Of course they could also be explicitly edited to draw from Selachii-only lists instead, but putting all the work into new generic NPCs and such for a single quest and some uncommon random encounters feels like a bit of a waste; better to do it for all bandits instead as the chances of them actually showing up will be higher.

I think I'll just run some tests with Bad Dog's Lykaios NPC integration plugin but replacing the wolves with placeholder sharks and see if they pop up, both as generic bandits and as Blood Horkers. Should be the quickest way to test it and would get most of the work done already if it's successful.

2 hours ago, Spyder89 said:

Do you plan to add the beast feet (non-digitrade) for cbbe too?

Would have to refit the ankle seam to the CBBE one because Caliente decided to not use the vanilla seam shape for some unknown reason, and it has to be done vertex by vertex, which is a pain. So nope, at least not in the near future. Sorry about that.

38 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Would have to refit the ankle seam to the CBBE one because Caliente decided to not use the vanilla seam shape for some unknown reason, and it has to be done vertex by vertex, which is a pain. So nope, at least not in the near future. Sorry about that.

Nah its alright , the ankle seam is not THAT bad when using it with cbbe.

Does anyone know why my sharks have weird feet, like dog or wolf yiffy age feet. (using cbbe thinking of switching to uunp)

Also where can i find other selachii?

7 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

Does anyone know why my sharks have weird feet, like dog or wolf yiffy age feet. (using cbbe thinking of switching to uunp)

They are supposed to have beast feet like the YA races have it. Do you mean they get actual dog/cat feet with the wrong textures or whatever? I need more info on what the issue is before I can help. Also post your load order and which files from this mod you have installed.

7 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

Also where can i find other selachii?

Check the "Current Characters" section in Kuroyami's blog for more info, but some examples of such places are Riverwood, Dawnstar, Reachwind Eyrie and the unmarked Hot Springs/Hunter's/Nudist camp west of Eldergleam Sanctuary.

We're also planning to look into adding a handful of generic Selachii to the Bandit and (Legion) Soldier leveled lists so there's more of them around, but nothing is for sure just yet.

10 hours ago, TheProfessor said:

Does anyone know why my sharks have weird feet, like dog or wolf yiffy age feet.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

They are supposed to have beast feet like the YA races have it. Do you mean they get actual dog/cat feet with the wrong textures or whatever? I need more info on what the issue is before I can help. Also post your load order and which files from this mod you have installed.

I think he's expecting the old humanoid feet shown in mod images instead of the new beast feet.

If that's the case, the humanoid feet meshes were posted here.

38 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

I think he's expecting the old humanoid feet shown in mod images instead of the new beast feet.

I really should remake the mod screenshots with the new feet at some point, but it's just too much of a hassle. Ugh. That reminds me if I want to post the outfits as a standalone file I'll have to take more pics for it too, and in this case I probably should use shudder humans so people are more likely to download it. Double ugh.

Funny how for me the hardest part of posting a mod is not making the mod itself but rather taking all the screenshots and writing the description and all that stuff.

11 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Check the "Current Characters" section in Kuroyami's blog for more info, but some examples of such places are Riverwood, Dawnstar, Reachwind Eyrie and the unmarked Hot Springs/Hunter's/Nudist camp west of Eldergleam Sanctuary.

We're also planning to look into adding a handful of generic Selachii to the Bandit and (Legion) Soldier leveled lists so there's more of them around, but nothing is for sure just yet.

Yeah I was expecting the feet from the main menu screen, also my argonians have the same problem where the textures stretches to fit the model of a werewolves foot. No sure how to explain but i can post my loadorder nad some screenshots if you want. Could you post some pictures with the new feet so that I know what to look for?

For anybody interested, I just posted another update on the FO4 version of the mod over at the blog.

TL;DR: Males!

(Also glasses and stuff)

Shark_Male_1.jpg

This brings the mod closer to be release-worthy, but we ain't quite there yet. First I have to run more tests to make sure it works good enough and doesn't crash and burn after the first 10 minutes on a playthrough, and there are some more things I want to look into beforehand.

For the record, I *might* post an open Beta or something like that in the not too distant future depending on how things go, but I'm not sure yet, so simply stay tuned for now.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, Blaze69 said:

For anybody interested, I just posted another update on the FO4 version of the mod over at the blog.

TL;DR: Males!

(Also glasses and stuff)

Shark_Male_1.jpg

This brings the mod closer to be release-worthy, but we ain't quite there yet. First I have to run more tests to make sure it works good enough and doesn't crash and burn after the first 10 minutes on a playthrough, and there are some more things I want to look into beforehand.

For the record, I *might* post an open Beta or something like that in the not too distant future depending on how things go, but I'm not sure yet, so simply stay tuned for now.

Cool as always. And the fins on his head are like the new fins added to women during the update of the new heads.

I like it.

Do you plan to add it to the Selachii - Shark race in Skyrim mod?

15 minutes ago, Raydric said:

Cool as always. And the fins on his head are like the new fins added to women during the update of the new heads.

The fins are the same because the heads themselves are the same. As I explain in the blog post, I simply took the female heads and refit them for the male body.

15 minutes ago, Raydric said:

Do you plan to add it to the Selachii - Shark race in Skyrim mod?

In theory it would be possible to repurpose the current Skyrim female heads for males just like in FO4, but the Skyrim male neck seam is too different from the female ones so it would require some extensive shape tweaks on the neck. Plus, I like the current male heads, even if I'm happy with the "new" ones for FO4. So the Skyrim ones will probably remain as they are for now. Can't rule out replacing them in the future, though.

2 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

The fins are the same because the heads themselves are the same. As I explain in the blog post, I simply took the female heads and refit them for the male body.

In theory it would be possible to repurpose the current Skyrim female heads for males just like in FO4, but the Skyrim male neck seam is too different from the female ones so it would require some extensive shape tweaks on the neck. Plus, I like the current male heads, even if I'm happy with the "new" ones for FO4. So the Skyrim ones will probably remain as they are for now. Can't rule out replacing them in the future, though.

I also like how they are now.  it's just that I like the fins and the shape of the eyes.

I say in the eyes, because women selachii look rougher and I like that.

As an example in the images that I share with you of my female selachii test , trying on your new clothes.

I loved your new clothes!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to use the sacrosanct mod cause I'm about to go through the dawnguard quests and last time I went with the vampire hunters and kind of regretted it cause isran is a jerkface. The problem is when I try to load my game with it enabled it says it's not able to start the mod cause of other stuff modifying the files already blahblahblah. I think I need to load the shorks after it to get it to work but the problem is there's only an esm one and I can't move that anywhere. Any suggestions?

25 minutes ago, zlurker said:

I'm trying to use the sacrosanct mod cause I'm about to go through the dawnguard quests and last time I went with the vampire hunters and kind of regretted it cause isran is a jerkface. The problem is when I try to load my game with it enabled it says it's not able to start the mod cause of other stuff modifying the files already blahblahblah. I think I need to load the shorks after it to get it to work but the problem is there's only an esm one and I can't move that anywhere. Any suggestions?

This mod doesn't touch anything related to vampirism, that's RaceCompatibility's thing. Pretty sure RC has a Sacrosanct patch, should be all you need for both of them to work at the same time.

Try uninstalling both Sacrosanct and RC and then reinstall SC and RC, in that order. The RC installer should have a "Sacrosanct" option. Just make sure RC's assets (not necessarily the plugins, but the assets) load after SC and override its scripts.

Sancrosanct is 100% compatible as long as you have RaceCompability but one thing you should know is that the UKSPOverride or whatever it was that comes with RaceCompability should not load after Sancrosanct since it overwrites Sancrosanct's PlayerVampireQuest. LOOT will place it in wrong place every time so either make a custom rule for it or adjust your load order manually.

And if you already started the game with wrong load order, vampirism will not work since multiple wrong quests have already started. You have to either fix RaceCompability's RaceController quests manually (you can find out how from RC readme) or start a new game with.

Best way to check if your vampirism is working is to add Potion of Embracing via console and consume it. If it works, great, everything else works too. If nothing happens, your shit is broken.

5 hours ago, zlurker said:

Is Recorder compatible with the vampire quest to turn your spouse into a vampire? Didn't seem to be anything about it mentioned here or on her nexus page so I wanted to ask before wasting the time doing the quest.

To be honest I'm not even sure Selachii as a whole are compatible with that quest. IIRC it doesn't actually change the NPC into a vampire race (because that would break their FaceGen and cause the "grey face bug"), but rather swaps their eye texture with the vampire one via script. Problem there is the vampire eye texture entry is listed in the script itself and it points to the human/elf texture set, so if tried on any non-humanoid race, it will screw up their eyes because human eye UVs don't match the beast ones (Khajiits and Argonians are cross-compatible, though, as are Selachii).

As for Recorder herself, no idea; I only made the patch by request, never really played with her. I'd say you should ask that in her mod page itself instead.

12 hours ago, zlurker said:

Is Recorder compatible with the vampire quest to turn your spouse into a vampire? Didn't seem to be anything about it mentioned here or on her nexus page so I wanted to ask before wasting the time doing the quest.

Oohhh..that quest. Sorry to disappoint you...but that quest only works on vanilla spouses, and at the same time, only a select few in vanilla will be selected for turning. On top of that, to my knowledge, there have NEVER been any patches to include a modded-in follower or npc as one of the candidates for turning.

8 minutes ago, Superphoenix said:

Can you make a patch that is compatible with Devious Device's mods? You get a weird bug on Selachii's model and some of equipments doesn't appear at all.

Selachii use DefaultRace as their armor reference, so if any of the DD items don't have DefaultRace tagged in the "Compatible Races" list, that could be the reason.

In any case, a proper DD patch is something I've wanted to look into for quite a while now, but there's a ton of items that would need to be refit, and even if I skipped the "unique meshes per race" setup and just replaced all human device meshes with Selachii-compatible ones, it would take me ages to go through all of DD's catalogue.

Can't completely rule it out because I've been known to have binge-finished similar work, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up, at least not for the time being.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:06 PM, Blaze69 said:

Selachii use DefaultRace as their armor reference, so if any of the DD items don't have DefaultRace tagged in the "Compatible Races" list, that could be the reason.

In any case, a proper DD patch is something I've wanted to look into for quite a while now, but there's a ton of items that would need to be refit, and even if I skipped the "unique meshes per race" setup and just replaced all human device meshes with Selachii-compatible ones, it would take me ages to go through all of DD's catalogue.

Can't completely rule it out because I've been known to have binge-finished similar work, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up, at least not for the time being.

Its alright. I just managed to fix this issue, I just had to batch the Bodyslide and build and the only minor issue now is using the headgear will cause a clipping, but it doesn't bother for me.

Also, thanks for the armor reference's info.