In other news, Vaynelle and Loki are updated, and Lana, Ros and Nami are included in the plugin but they haven't been placed ingame yet (they are just placeholder NPCs like Akario or Seika). Still have to look into finding a better appearance template for the Altmer sisters and cleaning up Fenran, Jena and Kanet with the new assets.

Next up I think I'll look into properly implementing Nami with the required dialogue and worldspace edits and all that jazz. No promises so far, though.

1 hour ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

Will I be able to combine that with the armor? cause that would be nice

Yes, but you will be missing the thigh plates because those are part of the torso armor.

Huh. Now that you mention it, I may make an "armored" variant of the hakama top that includes the thigh plates from the armor as well as edited sleeves so it can be worn with the gauntlets without clipping. I'll have to think about it.

5 hours ago, IGotBored said:

Quick question. If you plan on converting this to SSE. Is it safe to assume you'll wait for YA to be converted and stable first?

The "official" SE version of the mod won't happen until YA has a working SE port as well, but that doesn't mean it will happen as soon as that condition is met.

Still, as I've said before, you should be able to convert the mod yourself in the meantime. All you need to do is remove the ESM flag from the main plugin in xEdit so it can be saved in the SE CK and then convert the meshes like you would with any other mod.

22 minutes ago, Zelieck said:

there is a way to remove the penis of the female companion?

You mean Fume? I guess you could use the SOS MCM menu to set her to use the "Female No Schlong" option instead of the sheath. But why would you do that? She is supposed to have a dick as per her story. If you want a full-female Selachii follower, go for Moku instead.

The next update will also add Nami if I can get her dialogue all set up and working (starting to remember why I needed a break from Skyrim that badly. Hint: it was mainly because of the CK :classic_dodgy:).

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Taven said:

Hmmm...did you ever think of making the thigh plates a separate piece of armor?

Guess that could be an option, but there isn't any "official" slot for thigh items so the best I could do would be to use TAWOBA's slot choice as a reference and hope the slot isn't used by different pieces from other mods. I'll have to think about it.

Hey, do you think there could be a version of this without the SOS dependancy? Or is there a way I could edit this for personal use to use without SOS? I like my adult mods as much as the next guy, but I try to separate my "gameplay" playthroughs and "naughty" playthroughs to save performance, lower chance of conflicts, have less plugins in load order etc. That being said, I'd love to be able to play with some Selachii NPCs in my main file, or even as a Selachii myself. There's a link to the Sharkmer race in your credits; I might use that instead for my clean playthroughs, but I'd like to have the Recorder replacer and I'm pretty sure it won't work without the main Selachii race. Anyway, thanks in advance, great mod!

3 hours ago, genderneutralnoun said:

Hey, do you think there could be a version of this without the SOS dependancy? Or is there a way I could edit this for personal use to use without SOS? I like my adult mods as much as the next guy, but I try to separate my "gameplay" playthroughs and "naughty" playthroughs to save performance, lower chance of conflicts, have less plugins in load order etc. That being said, I'd love to be able to play with some Selachii NPCs in my main file, or even as a Selachii myself. There's a link to the Sharkmer race in your credits; I might use that instead for my clean playthroughs, but I'd like to have the Recorder replacer and I'm pretty sure it won't work without the main Selachii race. Anyway, thanks in advance, great mod!

It would likely be possible, but a bit complex. Many of the followers have their schlong addons assigned to them specifically(done through the game's faction system), and there are some dialog lines that refer to the schlong addon the main character is using(if the player is a Selachii, for either version of the follower plugin), and the one that is assigned to NPCs.

As for the Recorder replacer, no, it won't work with the Sharkmer version of the mod, since the facegen files(meshes/textures that define a character's looks), depend on the head mesh from the current version of the mod.

7 hours ago, genderneutralnoun said:

You can skip the SOS requirement by using the Lite version of the mod over at Nexus, which has a "non-SOS" variant, but that one is meant to be mostly player-only. The Recorder replacer should work fine with it, but I'm not sure if the main NPC plugin will work because as Kuroyami said it uses some of the SOS data that may or may not be missing from the Lite version (would have to check).

So if playing as a Selachii + having Recorder as one is good enough, you can go for it just fine with the non-SOS Lite version. As for the main NPC plugin you can give it a try, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

On 2/12/2019 at 5:58 PM, Blaze69 said:

Guess that could be an option, but there isn't any "official" slot for thigh items so the best I could do would be to use TAWOBA's slot choice as a reference and hope the slot isn't used by different pieces from other mods. I'll have to think about it.

Would this help at all? This mod has separate thigh pieces left and right if I remember right.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89482?tab=images

3 hours ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

Would this help at all? This mod has separate thigh pieces left and right if I remember right.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89482?tab=images

Don't really see how. I think I'll just go for whichever slots TAWOBA/Nise's mods use for thigh plates, and that's it. Chances are there will be slot conflicts with some mods, so I'd rather at least make it compatible with the most prominent ones (and also the ones I use).

8 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

Alright, I just thought there might be something in that mod you could use since it's the only other mod I've come across that has independent thigh plates.

Not much, really. As I said, the problem is which equipment slot to use because there isn't any official or even unofficial community standard for those kinds of items, so I had to choose one that kept slot conflicts with other mods to a minimum. Since TAWOBA is pretty popular and does have specific thigh items, I'd say it's the best reference I can use.

8 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I also like the character showcases you did, I'd love a sabercheeta for a playthrough

It's pretty easy to achieve in RaceMenu without needing to play around with the files themselves or anything.

1. Create the base preset for your character (weight, tints, eyes, hair, etc) using High Elf/Cheetah as a base and save it as a RaceMenu preset.
  2. Change the race to Orc/Sabrelion, load that preset you just created, and tweak the shape sliders until you are happy with the head shape. Don't worry if eyes or hair don't match the original cheetah preset or whatever, all you need to care about is the head shape itself.
  3. Use the "Export" option in the Sculpt tab to export the sabrelion head mesh.
  4. Change the race back to Altmer and load the preset again.
  5. Go to the Sculpt tab and use the "Import" option to load the head mesh you exported in Step 3.
  6. If everything went well, you should get a list comparing the current head parts with the head parts on the nif, and all of them should be matched and highlighted in green (doesn't matter if hairs and stuff are greyed out/not matched, but at least head, mouth and eyes should be listed in green). Accept the import.
  7. The head shape should change to the sabrelion one and shouldn't have any texture issues or any clipping with other head parts. If so, congratulations, you are done.
  8. (Optional) You can save the preset again either overwriting the original preset from Step 1 or as a separate one if you want, which can be loaded directly on to a cheetah to get the sabrelion head again without having to go back and forth between the two races.

Always nice to see your awesome character pics, Tail. Keep it up! :classic_laugh:

Anyhow, small status update on the mod: we're in the process of coming up with Nami's dialogue and potential quest and implementing it ingame. The point is at the very least to finish her introduction up to the point where she becomes a follower, so she can be of use in the meantime, and then continue with her actual quest afterwards alongside other characters' quests and such.

There's still some work left until that introduction is finished, and since some other content will also be added to the NPC plugins (like the Hakamas), I think it will actually be worthy of a version number change and a reupload of the files.

Thing is, I don't know how long it will take for said update to be done (hopefully not too long, but still), so I'm not sure whether to upload a small patch for the current release that fixes NPC data to work with YA 5.0 and then release the actual update when it's ready or simply wait for the updste itself. Likewise, I could post a small patch file that added Kuroyami's new tints and the new chargen slider data to the race or wait for the update and include it in the new main download. And any combination thereof.

Any thoughts on this are welcome.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:05 AM, Blaze69 said:

~snip

I'd rather just wait for a full release with everything included just so we don't end up having too many patches to install on top of the main download. Also it would mean you can just take your time to sort out any issues before releasing a new update with additional content. That's what I think in any case, although in light of YA 5.0, I could see why maybe an update to the NPC patch could be worth doing while we wait in the meantime.

20 minutes ago, Spyro84 said:

I'd rather just wait for a full release with everything included just so we don't end up having too many patches to install on top of the main download.

Yeah, downloading the patches now only to have to download the updated main files again in a few days/weeks (hopefully days, but I can't give an ETA yet) is exactly what I wanted to avoid.

20 minutes ago, Spyro84 said:

Also it would mean you can just take your time to sort out any issues before releasing a new update with additional content. That's what I think in any case, although in light of YA 5.0, I could see why maybe an update to the NPC patch could be worth doing while we wait in the meantime.

The main issue here is the removal of YA's duplicate Hoodies system. Which is nice, because that dupe was outdated with respect to the main/standalone Hoodies release and shouldn't have been there in the first place, but also means the Sheath SOS addon data in the YA version of the NPC plugin doesn't work anymore, because the system it references no longer exists.

If the quest simply fails to start as a result and that's it, it can be worked around by using the separate/standalone Sheath patch that does use BadDogSchlongCore.esm as a master. If the quest does register the addon with SOS but fails to register with Hoodies (because the Hoodies version it looks for doesn't exist), then things may get complicated.

Still, all that's left for the update to be release-worthy is to finish up implementing Nami's introduction sequence and dialogue so she can become a functional follower; we also have some of her quest data and dialogues but I think I'll leave these for a later update. So hopefully it won't take me too long to get it done and posted so people can go back to using the mod alongside YA again, as intended.