6 hours ago, genderneutralnoun said:

Is there some way I could do a custom edit of the NPC plugin to remove the SOS dependancy to use it with the lite version of the mod? I've been modding for almost a year now but I've only used TESVEdit sparingly, so either a simple explanation or direction to a guide would help. Thanks in advance.

In theory, yes, it would be possible. You would need to load up the plugin in xEdit (you'll need the SOS .esm for that or else it won't load), delete all references to SOS records, and then use the "Clear Masters" option from the right-click menu to remove the SOS master from the list. The problem there would be finding out which are the references you need to remove, as I don't know exactly where all of them are.

Plan B would be to manually remove SOS from the master list (you need to do some stuff with arguments on the xEdit exe to activate "Advanced mode" and be able to do it), save the plugin, load it again, and do a "Check for errors" pass. All the "ERROR Could not find XXXX Reference" lines that show up will tell you where those references are/were and you can simply clean them up there; it's easier because you'll have a list of where those are and can find them right away, but manually removing masters can screw up references to other masters and end up breaking other stuff that isn't SOS-related, so if you opt for it you should proceed with caution.

There should be some info on how to do this somewhere in the xEdit documentation or in video tutorials or whatever, though I'll admit I don't know of any myself.

Okay, so I'm going to post here since it seems most relevant, and since Blaze has helped out so much with Yiffy Age of Skyrim I figure they'd know.

Simply put, This mod and YA used to play nicely together and all was right in the world. Ever since YA hit 5.0, however, it seems with the optional Digitigrade patch installed, The Selachii (and also your Lungaris Redux, figured I'd throw that in there) feet will try to conform to the digi bone structure which, unsurprisingly, looks terrible.

Long story short, I've tried adjusting the load order of both the files and the .esp into all four configurations both above and below YA and the result is the same. Am I just missing something, or does YA achieve the digi feet by doing something different now and it's overwriting the skeleton file your mods read from?

And if they're just simply incompatible, is there any way you could make a patch for them?

Just now, Ryokentaru said:

does YA achieve the digi feet by doing something different now and it's overwriting the skeleton file your mods read from?

^This right here.

The Digitigrade patch for YA replaces the base beast skeletons in the vanilla paths with digitigrade ones, so no race edits with respect to the main YA plugin are required (because they are a pain in the ass to keep updated and mean mods lime Imperious need separate "standard" and "digi" patches and stuff). That's also the reason why the YA description makes it clear the Digi file must load after XPMSE: it needs to overwrite XPMSE's skeleton files with the digi ones. But since that skeleton path is used by all races including custom ones, other races will get the digi skeleton even if they are not meant to, and that's what you see there.

There are two ways to fix it: 1) make a patch that gives the Selachii proper digi feet to match the skeleton and warn users the patch is mandatory if you use the YA Digi file, or 2) change the skeleton path in the race data to point to a separate path that isn't affected by YA.

Option 2 would only be possible if YA doesn't touch the human skeleton file (skeleton.nif) and only alters the beast skeleton (skeletonbeast.nif) so I can point to the human one, because otherwise I would have to pack a brand new skeleton file in a completely separate path and I'm not cool with that.

Option 1 is IMO better and it's something we're looking into, but it would need new feet meshes, so it may take a while to happen if it happens at all.

Yeah.... I think I will post here since I am out of ideas

I really like both my stable SE modpack, and sharks, so I wanted to get them to play nicely, but Shark Race.esp with it's race won't play nice

SoS SE and Race Compat SE up to date, Lykaios and Serval Khajit work, so it's not a generic custom race issue

As for Selachii
-Meshes Optimized
-Nifscan reports no issues
-Resaved with CK for form 44, no errors in logs, characters show up well in the viewer
-Exported Facegendata for all Selachii actors

Whenever I pick the race in racemenu the game sometimes shows up the char for a split second, but then always, without fail, CTD
Looking for potential solutions or at least the case what could be happening that conversions won't work, something script or plugin based?

Hi Blaze69, thank you for this wonderful mod! I just wanted to say I absolutely love this mod specifically the shark human schlong (uncut). I wish something similar was used in Baddog's Yiffy age anthro schlong. I love how you kept the uncut look even fully erect while in YA the schlong just turns into Vector's smurf average schlong. Keep up the good work!

5 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

@Blaze69 Just curious, did the new heads just take getting used to or do you still like the old heads better?

I love the new heads a lot more!

On 3/7/2019 at 3:37 PM, ASlySpyDuo said:

I'm not usually one for custom races but these are very appealing to me somehow.

I also managed to whip up a half-decent character too.

Reveal hidden contents

Saika1.jpg.76546219d7e6046de39348e0f7e065f0.jpgSaika2.jpg.147e1f6a8be6c183db0da0bc0527b498.jpgSaika3.jpg.28368f4bdca4d261ae545a354af5752e.jpgSaika4.jpg.4e2451cac5bccdf74ff389de637189ec.jpg

She looks so smooth! I like her! Nice pics~!

4 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

@Blaze69 Just curious, did the new heads just take getting used to or do you still like the old heads better?

I'll admit I'm still a bit fond of the old heads, what with them being the first ones you made for the race and all, but I prefer the new ones now. They are just better overall: more detailed, smoother shapes, better topology, that kind of stuff. Still a bit wonky in some cases and from some angles (mainly the front), but as we've discussed already, translating anthro shark head designs from 2D to 3D is pretty hard, so it's pretty good all things considered.

Only thing I would like to know is whether getting rid of the "human head dome" restriction would allow for a better final shape, but that's just a minor thing. And even if it does look better it would mean all hairs and head parts would have to be converted or discarded, so chances are I wouldn't replace the heads with those edited ones anyway.

5 hours ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I'm having a bit of a problem, the Selachii armor and fundoshi aren't showing up in the crafting menu despite having all the crafting requirements

Do you have Complete Crafting Overhaul installed? I added support for it including its toggles for the crafting recipes, so if you use CCO and disable some filters to hide some recipes, you may have hidden the Selachii items. Otherwise, if you don't use CCO, there's no reason for them to be missing.

Somewhat already mentioned it, but the outfits from here, MBO UUNP Bodyslide Conversions(these being UUNP conversions of Team Tal's work), fit with Selachii perfectly. Save for the hairs, helmets, etc, likely not working as well. To that end, a few shots of Tamako.

Window1.png.9973b2ab068247a13e63cb7fd663dca6.png

Nakahara1.png.a9a37a45e8b6bd394d61ca3a9e222ad4.png

Nakahara2.png.7f679ba20cfd763b990f6ea9a23d9861.pngNakahara3.png.046e1a4cb8240edf16c999adbd344c6f.png

Otherwise, I tested out Frostfall with the Selachii, and honestly, I'm not sure I'd recommend using it, at least not with this race. It seems you can get it so it is lore appropriate, but it seems a bit more detrimental than I personally like. 

13 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Whatcha think?

Reveal hidden contents

Foot Shape.PNG

Foot Colored.PNG

One thing I leaned from my past work (regrettably) is that it is best to post a pic with the body in the same image (front and side angles) to get a better idea on the proportions, especially when modeling it.

BTW, isn't that based on the same model I made a long time ago? Did you do anything different to it aside from making the low poly model?

23 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Otherwise, I tested out Frostfall with the Selachii, and honestly, I'm not sure I'd recommend using it, at least not with this race. It seems you can get it so it is lore appropriate, but it seems a bit more detrimental than I personally like. 

Now that you mention frost, I think I should revisit the "Cold Blood" thing at some point. I mean, the swimming speed buff makes sense (though it is a bit buggy and sometimes doesn't trigger or needs you to equip something while in the water for the game to notice you are swimming and apply it), but that one doesn't.

Selachii are mammals and it's pretty safe to say they are warm blooded as well, so the "cold blood" thing doesn't make sense; and neither Same-Shuto/Black Marsh nor their original home in Akavir (should) have particulary cold climates, so they wouldn't have developed a natural resistance to cold like Nords have.

I still kinda want them to have some resistance or buff apart from the bonus-armor-rating-to-make-up-for-not-wearing-helmets, but I don't know which one to go for.

19 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Whatcha think?

Reveal hidden contents

Looking pretty good so far.

Only thing I'd say is that the part between the ankle and the paw looks a tiny bit too... "stretched" and thin. Though chances are it's simply because I'm not used to the digi skeleton. Do your other paws look like that in digitigrade as well? They don't seem to have that effect while in plantigrade.

19 hours ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I don't use CCO. Do I need the NPC plugin? I'm gonna try turning it back on and see if that works 

You only need the NPC plugin if you want to have some Selachii NPCs around alongside some custom items/armors and minor quests. If you only want to play as one, you can skip it.

Also, if you are using YA and want to start a new game soon you may want to either wait for a bit or skip the NPC plugin, as the YA 5.0 update broke a few things in it and I haven't updated it to fix those issues yet (shouldn't take me much longer to post the update, but with LL down and RL kicking my ass there have been some unexpected delays).

8 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Now that you mention frost, I think I should revisit the "Cold Blood" thing at some point. I mean, the swimming speed buff makes sense (though it is a bit buggy and sometimes doesn't trigger or needs you to equip something while in the water for the game to notice you are swimming and apply it), but that one doesn't.

Selachii are mammals and it's pretty safe to say they are warm blooded as well, so the "cold blood" thing doesn't make sense; and neither Same-Shuto/Black Marsh nor their original home in Akavir (should) have particulary cold climates, so they wouldn't have developed a natural resistance to cold like Nords have.

I think keeping the frost resist effect can still work, though the problem is the name as it is currently, right? 

My first thought on a different name would be quite a spoiler(referring to something in the blog's timeline entry), almost no matter how intentionally vague I try to make it.

So the thought could simply be their adaptation through being a seafaring race, and while I'm not sure if there is any implicit lore on how the ocean between Akavir and Tamriel is temperature wise, I can still imagine instances of the air and water being frigid, depending on the area. I haven't seen anything to specifically say Nirn has an equator that works anything like that of Earth, either. Possibly, it can be renamed to Cold Waters, to be more in keeping with this idea. Though there is probably something better, since that could introduce the confusion that it only refers to water(i.e the Sea of Ghosts in Skyrim specifically), and seems a bit off when it is a frost resist effect, and the game has no vanilla water spells or damage based on cold water. 

Or, it is the only other remnant of their ancestor, in that they are cold-blooded, though this seems to be a bit of a lacking way to describe things, since the idea might be more that the temperatures that they can operate safely in, are far more variable. Or so the Wikipedia page on Sharks, suggests, in the Thermoregulation section. In this case, keeping the Cold Blood name still works. 

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Only thing I'd say is that the part between the ankle and the paw looks a tiny bit too... "stretched" and thin

Ya, could be. I did some smoothing to clean up the mesh and that thins the limb as well. If you're good with the basic shape I'll compare with the feet in YA and set the overall dimensions to be similar. People seem okay with those feet now. 

I have no idea what's going on with the missing armor, I'm not missing something, am I? Like needing to be a certain level for it to show up? I fixed it so the Fundoshi shows up in Additem menu, but the armor still isn't there. This all started when I switched profiles from SE to regular Skyrim.

By the way, I like the digitigrade legs as a future option

1 hour ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I have no idea what's going on with the missing armor, I'm not missing something, am I? Like needing to be a certain level for it to show up? I fixed it so the Fundoshi shows up in Additem menu, but the armor still isn't there. This all started when I switched profiles from SE to regular Skyrim.

The entries for the Fundoshi and the Sarashi(which is what they should be named) tops are within the base plugin(Shark Race.esp). However, the armors, along with the crafting and tempering(for the armors) recipes are within the Follower plugin. So if you want to have the armors and craft them, along with other items the mod might add in the future, you will need to use the follower plugin.

19 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Ya, could be. I did some smoothing to clean up the mesh and that thins the limb as well. If you're good with the basic shape I'll compare with the feet in YA and set the overall dimensions to be similar. People seem okay with those feet now. 

Sorry for the late reply, been trying to log in for a while but LL wasn't having none of that. Sure hope these technical issues are fixed soon.

Anyhow, yeah, the basic shape looks fine to me, and using the YA paws as a reference for dimensions sounds good as well.

22 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

I think keeping the frost resist effect can still work, though the problem is the name as it is currently, right? 

My first thought on a different name would be quite a spoiler(referring to something in the blog's timeline entry), almost no matter how intentionally vague I try to make it.

So the thought could simply be their adaptation through being a seafaring race, and while I'm not sure if there is any implicit lore on how the ocean between Akavir and Tamriel is temperature wise, I can still imagine instances of the air and water being frigid, depending on the area. I haven't seen anything to specifically say Nirn has an equator that works anything like that of Earth, either. Possibly, it can be renamed to Cold Waters, to be more in keeping with this idea. Though there is probably something better, since that could introduce the confusion that it only refers to water(i.e the Sea of Ghosts in Skyrim specifically), and seems a bit off when it is a frost resist effect, and the game has no vanilla water spells or damage based on cold water. 

Or, it is the only other remnant of their ancestor, in that they are cold-blooded, though this seems to be a bit of a lacking way to describe things, since the idea might be more that the temperatures that they can operate safely in, are far more variable. Or so the Wikipedia page on Sharks, suggests, in the Thermoregulation section. In this case, keeping the Cold Blood name still works. 

Actually, I just noticed the spell name is "Cold Waters" already (don't remember changing it, but seems I did it at some point), and the description only says Selachii can stand cold better than other races with no reference to them being cold-blooded or anything like that, so with that and your point here I think I'll just leave things as they are.

6 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

The entries for the Fundoshi and the Sarashi(which is what they should be named)

I'll look into renaming the sarashis to that instead of "fundoshi top", then.

Well, SoS is not working yet, and it does not look too good from screenshots

But got Selachii working with 90% less flatness and 90% less details because of my shitty GPU (aka. Skyrim VR)

Guess it will be fun having some different followers for once, now to get the rest working....

20190313085840_1.jpg