The Download is failing for me halfway through. I am getting a "Failed - Network Error" from chrome. Disabling my antivirus isn't helping, and I'm not sure if Firefox is up for the task either. Just wanting to let this be known, since the ENTIRE INTERNET has been having mass outings in the past couple of days. It's not just here.

Here's some community content for the thread. I gotta say, I really love the vampire morphs. Who knew that sharks could be even more bitey?

Spoiler

SaikaVampire1.jpg.2da62681af9e60a6428b9c4398ed50bf.jpg

SaikaVampire4.jpg.05e419402c896217e0423acee3a1801e.jpg

SaikaVampire5.jpg.253cc6c14c9047a216caa0c25234b1e0.jpg

SaikaVampire6.jpg.643242b1f2dfd9d523cf92b82474433d.jpg

Also serves as commemorative photoshoot for her since that save is toast due to me being unsatistified with the follower framework I was using and swapping it midgame. Ah well, at least I have the racemenu preset and face sculpt in case I want to give her another adventure.

Also, if you want to talk about game balance, I would say that the bite power could use some tuning down. I was able to easily solo two trolls as level 1 fresh adventurer with one handed weapon and light armor due to the health drain and bleed effect it has. I was playing on vanilla expert though, guess it would be less "I win button" on lower levels with some difficulty mods.

5 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Here's some community content for the thread. I gotta say, I really love the vampire morphs. Who knew that sharks could be even more bitey?

Reveal hidden contents

SaikaVampire1.jpg.2da62681af9e60a6428b9c4398ed50bf.jpg

SaikaVampire4.jpg.05e419402c896217e0423acee3a1801e.jpg

SaikaVampire5.jpg.253cc6c14c9047a216caa0c25234b1e0.jpg

SaikaVampire6.jpg.643242b1f2dfd9d523cf92b82474433d.jpg

Personally, I'm not so fond of it, preferring that they just keep their normal sharp teeth - like how Orcs only get the Vampire eye texture, and not any additional fangs. On a different note, at least two Selachii Vampires are planned, those being Ketsu and Arashii, both of them being possible followers, if you didn't know. You can check the blog for more information on them(linked in my signature, or on the mod's page).

Also serves as commemorative photoshoot for her since that save is toast due to me being unsatistified with the follower framework I was using and swapping it midgame. Ah well, at least I have the racemenu preset and face sculpt in case I want to give her another adventure.

I've preferred EFF(Extensible Follower Framework) for a while. though the only issue I have with it, would be that unlike UFO, it doesn't stop followers from readying weapons or spells when not actively in combat(such as when you switch a spell, etc). Also, since it includes the UIExtensions mod, you don't have to install that mod on it's own, for anything that requires it. 

Also, if you want to talk about game balance, I would say that the bite power could use some tuning down. I was able to easily solo two trolls as level 1 fresh adventurer with one handed weapon and light armor due to the health drain and bleed effect it has. I was playing on vanilla expert though, guess it would be less "I win button" on lower levels with some difficulty mods.

It is meant to be a deadly recourse, the idea being that if they need to resort to it, they are going to bite down HARD. Though I could still see some tweaking to it, perhaps so that it has a bit more of a ramp to how strong the effect is.

6 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Personally, I'm not so fond of it, preferring that they just keep their normal sharp teeth - like how Orcs only get the Vampire eye texture, and not any additional fangs. On a different note, at least two Selachii Vampires are planned, those being Ketsu and Arashii, both of them being possible followers, if you didn't know. You can check the blog for more information on them(linked in my signature, or on the mod's page).

I think it all boils down to the matter of taste. I like the extra fangs and can't point out why, I just really do,

I've preferred EFF(Extensible Follower Framework) for a while. though the only issue I have with it, would be that unlike UFO, it doesn't stop followers from readying weapons or spells when not actively in combat(such as when you switch a spell, etc). Also, since it includes the UIExtensions mod, you don't have to install that mod on it's own, for anything that requires it. 

EFF is the one I actually switched out from in favor of the new kid on the block, Nether's Follower Framework, which offers exactly the thing that you miss from UFO.

It is meant to be a deadly recourse, the idea being that if they need to resort to it, they are going to bite down HARD. Though I could still see some tweaking to it, perhaps so that it has a bit more of a ramp to how strong the effect is.

I get that a shark bite is supposed to be strong but it also has very low cooldown and the stamina absorb feature means that with 2 second cooldown, you can stunlock anyone with bite -> power attack -> bite -> power attack infinite loop while also healing yourself at the same time while doing tons of damage. I'd say either increase the cooldown if you want to keep it as strong as it is or tone down the health and stamina absorb (or even get rid of stamina absorb completely).

59 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

I get that a shark bite is supposed to be strong but it also has very low cooldown and the stamina absorb feature means that with 2 second cooldown, you can stunlock anyone with bite -> power attack -> bite -> power attack infinite loop while also healing yourself at the same time while doing tons of damage. I'd say either increase the cooldown if you want to keep it as strong as it is or tone down the health and stamina absorb (or even get rid of stamina absorb completely).

The low cooldown is because it's a bite, not some kind of magical power or anything that has a reason (kinda) to be restricted to one-per-day or whatever. Plus, it takes up the shout cooldown, so I didn't want to lock the PC out of shouting for a while for no reason if you aren't using the individual shout cooldowns mod.

That being said, I do see your point, and I think I'll get rid of the stamina drain and look into the damage values to see if I should dial them down a bit. I still want the bite to be powerful because it's a freaking shark bite and all, but I don't want it to be game-breaking.

Also apologies for not being more active or replying faster, I'm having a lot of trouble logging in to LL (and sometimes I can't even reach the site at all). Seems like this will go on until the technical issues are solved. :classic_unsure:

12 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

The low cooldown is because it's a bite, not some kind of magical power or anything that has a reason (kinda) to be restricted to one-per-day or whatever. Plus, it takes up the shout cooldown, so I didn't want to lock the PC out of shouting for a while for no reason if you aren't using the individual shout cooldowns mod.

That's what I figured and the low cooldown would be fine if it didn't do so many things at once. Right now it does all this in one package:

- High direct damage at lower levels (higher than a battleaxe to the face, to give some comparison)

- Health absorb

- Stamina absorb

- Bleed damage over time

I can see the reasoning behind most of these, thematically, since with teeth like that a bite should hurt and the wound should bleed and I suppose health and stamina absorb could be adrenaline.

That being said, I do see your point, and I think I'll get rid of the stamina drain and look into the damage values to see if I should dial them down a bit. I still want the bite to be powerful because it's a freaking shark bite and all, but I don't want it to be game-breaking.

Stamina absorb is a slippery slope in vanilla Skyrim game mechanics. Did you know that the stamina you spend power attacking doesn't affect the damage at all? 1 stamina power attack is just as strong as 50 stamina power attack and the vanilla game can be completely trivialized with "absorb 1pt stamina on hit" enchantment on any weapon. Same with stamina regen food.

These two things take resources to do though, bite is with you from the start and is basically the same thing except it doesn't take resources nor do you have to find a weapon to disenchant nor do you have to find salt and ingredients to cook with.

Removing the stamina absorb would be a good start. You could even change it to stamina damage and it would be more balanced even though that would make most of early game humanoids hit like wet noodle and unable to do power attacks, as long as it doesn't give the player stamina.

I'll have to admit that I haven't tried if it's as busted at mid-high levels since I got other things to occupy the power slot and played around with them instead so I don't know how well it scales. It still has the stamina absorb though so I don't expect it to be any worse, might just not chunk off huge bits off health bars anymore.

Also apologies for not being more active or replying faster, I'm having a lot of trouble logging in to LL (and sometimes I can't even reach the site at all). Seems like this will go on until the technical issues are solved. :classic_unsure:

Shit's broken, yo.

45 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

- High direct damage at lower levels (higher than a battleaxe to the face, to give some comparison)

I think this point here is not so much that it does a lot of damage for what a bite should be but rather that battleaxes to the face are ridiculously weak because "it's an RPG so enemies gotta take a bazillion hits to die". Unless you are using very heavy/magical armor or using a ward, a battleaxe to the face should be insta-death as far as I'm concerned. But I digress.

I can see the reasoning behind most of these, thematically, since with teeth like that a bite should hurt and the wound should bleed and I suppose health and stamina absorb could be adrenaline.

Health absorb was meant to be because of the PC gulping down a bit of meat with the bite and healing from that, but we didn't have any particular explanation for the stamina drain. Guess the adrenaline thing could work, but it doesn't matter anymore because I'll probably get rid of it as you suggested.

Stamina absorb is a slippery slope in vanilla Skyrim game mechanics. Did you know that the stamina you spend power attacking doesn't affect the damage at all? 1 stamina power attack is just as strong as 50 stamina power attack and the vanilla game can be completely trivialized with "absorb 1pt stamina on hit" enchantment on any weapon. Same with stamina regen food.

These two things take resources to do though, bite is with you from the start and is basically the same thing except it doesn't take resources nor do you have to find a weapon to disenchant nor do you have to find salt and ingredients to cook with.

Yeah, I totally see your point.

Removing the stamina absorb would be a good start. You could even change it to stamina damage and it would be more balanced even though that would make most of early game humanoids hit like wet noodle and unable to do power attacks, as long as it doesn't give the player stamina.

I think I'll remove all stamina effects from the bite altogether. Just health damage and drain.

I'll have to admit that I haven't tried if it's as busted at mid-high levels since I got other things to occupy the power slot and played around with them instead so I don't know how well it scales. It still has the stamina absorb though so I don't expect it to be any worse, might just not chunk off huge bits off health bars anymore.

Damage only scales each 5 levels or so and it doesn't go up by that much, so while it shouldn't be completely useless, it shouldn't be as OP as at level 1 either. Then again it's been ages since I've actually played the game for real, let alone get to a medium/high level, so I could be wrong about that.

Shit's broken, yo.

A pain in the ass indeed. It's not like I can't live without a daily LL fix or whatever, but when the page takes sooooooo loooooooong to load only to 50X fail after a while it's pretty frustrating.

4 hours ago, twofiveseven said:

I don't wanna have to ask but does v2.75 exist anywhere? Crashes prompted me to just slash and burn Skyrim off of my computer, but now my favorite version of my favorite race mod is nowhere to be found. I remember asking you back in 2017, I hate to bother you about it again.

It should still be up in a MEGA folder alongside the optional downloads for it. Check the downloads for this mod and see if there's any entry on the list without any name or text (the forum software does that for links to external downloads for some reason).

Otherwise, it the entry is missing, I'll try to get a link to the folder again and post it here.

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

It should still be up in a MEGA folder alongside the optional downloads for it. Check the downloads for this mod and see if there's any entry on the list without any name or text (the forum software does that for links to external downloads for some reason).

Otherwise, it the entry is missing, I'll try to get a link to the folder again and post it here.

The MEGA link does appear to be missing, if you're able to get it could you or I just upload the files here (with credit to you of course) as a "legacy version" for safekeeping?

10 hours ago, twofiveseven said:

The MEGA link does appear to be missing, if you're able to get it could you or I just upload the files here (with credit to you of course) as a "legacy version" for safekeeping?

Yeah, the link is gone for some reason. Must have removed it by mistake while uploading one of the latest versions, I'll make sure to add it back whenever I get around to posting the upcoming update (it's coming, I swear).

In the meantime, here's the link to the MEGA folder with all the files in it:

https://mega.nz/#F!Q0UCRbjC!KnU0MvsekvbaJw4553v0yw

That being said, if you (or anyone else) want to upload it as a separate mod with its own description and pics or whatever, feel free to do so. Just need to clarify I'm no longer associated with or working on that version of the mod nor I intend to do so. If it's broken or buggy due to being outdated, someone else will have to take care of it, but not me.

5 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Yeah, the link is gone for some reason. Must have removed it by mistake while uploading one of the latest versions, I'll make sure to add it back whenever I get around to posting the upcoming update (it's coming, I swear).

In the meantime, here's the link to the MEGA folder with all the files in it:

https://mega.nz/#F!Q0UCRbjC!KnU0MvsekvbaJw4553v0yw

That being said, if you (or anyone else) want to upload it as a separate mod with its own description and pics or whatever, feel free to do so. Just need to clarify I'm no longer associated with or working on that version of the mod nor I intend to do so. If it's broken or buggy due to being outdated, someone else will have to take care of it, but not me.

Thank you very much, I'll probably do that later.

Alright... *cracks knuckles* wish me luck, boys and girls; due to no longer being able to contain my excitement (or in another, more cynical way of looking at it, getting impatient) I'm going to try self-porting this to SSE for personal use.

I shouldn't have any trouble since I'm fairly tech-savvy and haven't had any trouble with other LE mods, but I think that this is technically the biggest mod I will have attempted to port so things could actually go wrong this time.

To be honest, I'm not that worried about the main plugin or even the (non-YA/vanilla) follower plugin (I previously self-ported everyone's favorite(citation needed) argonian waifu without incident, which I found surprising at the time), it's the SoS stuff that has me nervous. I think all of that stuff is heavily scripted and if something heavily scripted goes wrong I'm pretty sure everything goes very wrong.

Part of Gaku's collection, a short story known as "Sleep".

Spoiler

To the small, the end of war is not a victory. Those on high celebrate, while those below, suffer. 

The conflict may fade into history, and those involved will face their ends. But the tragedy of these events, may seek the longevity of being told through the ages. 

Two souls who lost it all, both succumbing to nothing, in the end. 

Sleep now, sweet Setsuko...

Also posted on the blog's Planned Writing entry for easy access.

Additionally, a few minor changes to the blog's Timeline entry.

Looks like it all worked just fine, which is nice. Decided to make a character and upload a pic since that's apparently something we like to do here:

Assuming that pic works (the preview doesn't inspire confidence) and/or you're curious, that's the Little Carmine Dress outfit, black leather half gloves from Half Gloves of Skyrim and scarf from Lind's Marksmage Garb.

7 hours ago, Ramare said:

Alright... *cracks knuckles* wish me luck, boys and girls; due to no longer being able to contain my excitement (or in another, more cynical way of looking at it, getting impatient) I'm going to try self-porting this to SSE for personal use.

Yeah, I know I will eventually have to make an "official" SSE port myself, but I'm not really up for it yet and I don't even have SE installed right now, so it will have to wait. Sorry about that. But from your latest post, seems like the mod can indeed be ported to SE, so anyone getting too excited/impatient can try porting it on their own as well.

7 hours ago, Ramare said:

it's the SoS stuff that has me nervous. I think all of that stuff is heavily scripted and if something heavily scripted goes wrong I'm pretty sure everything goes very wrong.

AFAIK standard SOS stuff works fine on SE as long as you get the SE version of SOS first, so there shouldn't be any issue with the human schlongs. The only one that could be problematic is the sheath because of the Hoodies system, but there should be a SE version of Hoodies already, so that should be taken care of as well.

Part of Gaku's collection, a short story known as "Sleep".

Sounds like something out of a game's cinematic intro, or a similar sequence. I could even hear it being narrated. Cool.

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

AFAIK standard SOS stuff works fine on SE as long as you get the SE version of SOS first, so there shouldn't be any issue with the human schlongs. The only one that could be problematic is the sheath because of the Hoodies system, but there should be a SE version of Hoodies already, so that should be taken care of as well.

I figured it would work for the normal ones, I was even already using some LE SoS addons, but the sheathe made me nervous because I thought I remembered reading something further up the thread that may have been related to something in the hoodies system possibly changing and maybe breaking compatibility and I was like "Uh oh, this doesn't sound good."

Seems like that works, too, though. I mean, I think. I've seen it, erm, "dry," but I haven't actually *ahem* used it yet.

The actual hoodies functionality of that add-on could still be busted and I wouldn't know. Can neither confirm nor deny.

I mean, I suppose I could, uh, test that out. I did get dropped by my alternate start into the Bannered Mare, right next to a certain lusty argonian maid.

31 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

Where exactly is Ko'Maru supposed to be, I can't seem to find him anywhere in the college. He has been implemented, Right?

He uses one of the rooms in the Hall of Countenance, though he does wander the College like some of the other NPCs. He doesn't exactly have much content yet, no dialog, quest, etc, but he is planned to have that and more - such as more than Mizuno's journal that explores his backstory.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Feet:

Reveal hidden contents

Dimensions are similar to the cat feet but a bit flatter in the ball of the foot because hydrodynamics.

Looks good to me. Can't wait to see them in action.

Kinda reminds me of the digitigrade Argonian legs from Morrowind, though (at least from the pics I've seen, as I haven't actually played MW yet).