1 hour ago, Kuroyami said:

Okay, okay, you know what...maybe more could be done on that, but...I like it. 

If you have any other suggestions, I'll be happy to hear them, but considering I had to make do with existing assets since I can't create new ones (yet), I'd say it's pretty good as it is.

I'm thinking about making a "light" variant with the belly plates removed and stats equal to those of the Leather/Elven Light sets, a "standard" one that matches Elven, Chitin, Scaled or Elven Glided (not sure which) and maybe another "heavy" one on par with Glass or even Stalhrim Light rating, but I don't know what other pieces to add for that last variant. Of course all of them are considered Light Armor, though.

As for crafting, I'm thinking either using the standard vanilla Smithing perk requirements alone (none for light, Advanced Armors for standard, and Glass/Ebony Smithing for heavy) or making it so the player also has to be a Selachii or have learnt about them somehow before they can craft the gear.

This last option is IMO the best one but I'm not sure how to go about the "learning about it" part for non-Selachii PCs. I mean, Seika would probably be the best suited for that but she isn't ingame yet (and my last attempts to place a home for her in the spot across the bridge from Dragon Bridge have been a complete failure so it may take a while for her to be implemented). Maybe Moku would know a thing or two about armors, but I'm not sure. And the easiest way would be to have Mizuno be able to explain it, but how would he know how to craft armor? (Unless we assume the PC only needs to learn about the Selachii armor design/style itself and not how to actually craft it).

1 hour ago, Kuroyami said:

I'll probably put together a UUNP - UNP setup, just for the Selachii and YA. 

Personally I use UNPBB myself, as it has rounder (and very slightly bigger) breasts than original UNP and looks better with HDT applied but is otherwise identical to UNP. You could also use UNPB or UN7B if you want, though then you would have to deal with the breasts magically shrinking into the UNP-sized breast plating when wearing the armor, lol.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

If you have any other suggestions, I'll be happy to hear them, but considering I had to make do with existing assets since I can't create new ones (yet), I'd say it's pretty good as it is.

Well, nothing specific. Honestly, I see it as one of those cases where seeing the preview doesn't seem the same as seeing it in game, or an in-game shot. So yeah, I'd agree that looks pretty good right now. 

I'm thinking about making a "light" variant with the belly plates removed and stats equal to those of the Leather/Elven Light sets, a "standard" one that matches Elven, Chitin, Scaled or Elven Glided (not sure which) and maybe another "heavy" one on par with Glass or even Stalhrim Light rating, but I don't know what other pieces to add for that last variant. Of course all of them are considered Light Armor, though.

As for crafting, I'm thinking either using the standard vanilla Smithing perk requirements alone (none for light, Advanced Armors for standard, and Glass/Ebony Smithing for heavy) or making it so the player also has to be a Selachii or have learnt about them somehow before they can craft the gear.

This last option is IMO the best one but I'm not sure how to go about the "learning about it" part for non-Selachii PCs. I mean, Seika would probably be the best suited for that but she isn't ingame yet (and my last attempts to place a home for her in the spot across the bridge from Dragon Bridge have been a complete failure so it may take a while for her to be implemented). Maybe Moku would know a thing or two about armors, but I'm not sure. And the easiest way would be to have Mizuno be able to explain it, but how would he know how to craft armor? (Unless we assume the PC only needs to learn about the Selachii armor design/style itself and not how to actually craft it).

Well, there is the obvious option like a book(exactly what Nise's Bikini armors usually do), though this has the technical problem of being somewhat, lackluster, since say if you would go to Seika for the book, even if her dialog is a bit more in depth, it might come out as a simple "What? Oh, read this.", and you would not even have to read it to be able to craft the armors, just having the book would be enough. 

The other option might be, if things can work this way, is a hidden perk(i.e one that does not appear on the perk tree), where having it means you can craft the armor, pending your possession of the relevant Smithing perks and materials to craft the armors. This could also be combined with the Book suggestion, where actually reading the book would give you the perk. 

Though I do use Ordinator, but I have not had any issues with being able to craft any mod added armors I've used, and likely shouldn't have any issues with these. 

I'd say Moku would be a maybe, and Mizuno might have experience in using swords(or similar one handed weapons like the dagger he has), not in forging them or armors. 

Personally I use UNPBB myself, as it has rounder (and very slightly bigger) breasts than original UNP and looks better with HDT applied but is otherwise identical to UNP. You could also use UNPB or UN7B if you want, though then you would have to deal with the breasts magically shrinking into the UNP-sized breast plating when wearing the armor, lol.

Could possibly suggest the "wrap" thing for the breasts too, to have that make a bit more sense(though it would be less so if a UUNP conversion is made - though a zap toggle could fix that if someone doesn't want it). Something like...oh, hey, a Morrowind style Khajit...huh...lethal_doors. Possibly something for that light version?

55 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Well, there is the obvious option like a book(exactly what Nise's Bikini armors usually do), though this has the technical problem of being somewhat, lackluster, since say if you would go to Seika for the book, even if her dialog is a bit more in depth, it might come out as a simple "What? Oh, read this.", and you would not even have to read it to be able to craft the armors, just having the book would be enough. 

The other option might be, if things can work this way, is a hidden perk(i.e one that does not appear on the perk tree), where having it means you can craft the armor, pending your possession of the relevant Smithing perks and materials to craft the armors. This could also be combined with the Book suggestion, where actually reading the book would give you the perk.

Yeah, just what I thought. A hidden perk, or simply a global that would be set to "1" whenever the PC learns about how to craft the armors. I guess I'll have to think about it. In the meantime I've left them without requirements (apart from the vanilla perks), so worst case scenario they won't have any extra requirements for the next update if we don't come up with a fitting solution by then

Though I do use Ordinator, but I have not had any issues with being able to craft any mod added armors I've used, and likely shouldn't have any issues with these. 

Ordinator edits the perk tree and the perk descriptions, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't re-purpose the vanilla crafting perks (i.e. doesn't change what armor/material they allow you to craft), so they should still work with any mod-added gear that uses them as requirements for crafting.

Could possibly suggest the "wrap" thing for the breasts too, to have that make a bit more sense(though it would be less so if a UUNP conversion is made - though a zap toggle could fix that if someone doesn't want it). Something like...oh, hey, a Morrowind style Khajit...huh...lethal_doors. Possibly something for that light version?

This is the current WIP for the light version of the armor:

Spoiler

Armor_Light_Female_1.png

Armor_Light_Female_2.png

Armor_Light_Male_1.png

Armor_Light_Male_2.png

(Only Selachii get the bare feet, any other race gets the default boots as seen on the standard set. I did it that way to prevent the need for more edits between the vanilla and YA versions).

Not sure about where or how to add that wrap, as it would require getting rid of the chest plate in order for it to be visible and then it wouldn't be "armor" anymore. Then again, the vanilla Fur "armor" is just a skirt (with a bra for females) and it is still considered armor, so... I dunno. As for where to get the wrap, I think the Minidresses version of the Ragged Pants includes some bandages as a makeshift bra to go with the pants, so that may be an option too. I don't really know of any other bandage tops, so I guess I'll look into that one.

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Now, moving on, more picture time! This is how the WIP armor looks at the moment:

when you get it to a state your happy with let me know (and give me the meshes) so i can update the load screens.

edit:

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

or just make it so that's what the blades armor looks like when Selachii equip it.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Not sure about where or how to add that wrap, as it would require getting rid of the chest plate in order for it to be visible and then it wouldn't be "armor" anymore. Then again, the vanilla Fur "armor" is just a skirt (with a bra for females) and it is still considered armor, so... I dunno. As for where to get the wrap, I think the Minidresses version of the Ragged Pants includes some bandages as a makeshift bra to go with the pants, so that may be an option too. I don't really know of any other bandage tops, so I guess I'll look into that one.

Well, I didn't mean say replacing the breast plate as is, but maybe having the wrap showing a bit under the plate, to suggest it is there to keep them down while the plate doesn't have to conform to the exact shape of the breasts.

I think some of the Breast Plate options in TAWoBA work like that, namely the Nord(Plate or Steel Plate) Breast Plate, along with the Elven Breast Plate in Bikini Ascend, in that the breasts(with that piece equipped) do not scale with the body preset used or the In-game UUNP options.

4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

when you get it to a state your happy with let me know (and give me the meshes) so i can update the load screens.

If it was up to me, I'd send them to you right away, but I'm still waiting for Tiwa to reply to my PM about permissions. I've seen other mods use Minidresses/Spice Gear stuff so I assume Tiwa does allow other people to use those assets, but the Permissions info on the Spice Gear page is clear in that it states permission is required to use them so I have to get confirmation first.

Seems like I picked a wrong time to send the PM, because Tiwa was online just the day before I sent it but hasn't been since :classic_undecided:.

or just make it so that's what the blades armor looks like when Selachii equip it.

In theory it's possible, yes; but it would also affect any custom race using DefaultRace as the armor reference (I've seen a few of them already) and would conflict with anything that touches the vanilla Blades items. I'd rather not do that unless it's the only way, and since adding separate custom items is also an option, I won't go down that route.

3 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Well, I didn't mean say replacing the breast plate as is, but maybe having the wrap showing a bit under the plate, to suggest it is there to keep them down while the plate doesn't have to conform to the exact shape of the breasts.

Well, you saw the image, even in the light variant the breasts aren't exposed at all, so I don't see how to do it. The idea itself is good, but for the wrap to be visible I'd basically have to either turn the chest plate into a bikini or remove the sides/back (which doesn't seem possible to pull off with vanilla meshes after looking at their topology).

3 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

I think some of the Breast Plate options in TAWoBA work like that, namely the Nord(Plate or Steel Plate) Breast Plate, along with the Elven Breast Plate in Bikini Ascend, in that the breasts(with that piece equipped) do not scale with the body preset used or the In-game UUNP options.

Yeah, they don't match the 7BO breast size but rather have smaller proportions. And TBH it's better that way, because while you can kinda get away with it with bikini tops (and it's only a "kinda"), a breast plate that big just wouldn't look right.

Perhaps something not at all in line with the current discussion, but I had a thought. 

What is one problem that exists with the Apocrypha levels? There are only two enemies you have to fight in them, not counting Miraak or Sahrotaar. Sure, they have a few variations(likely more with mods like Immersive Creatures), but those are likely no more than name and stat changes. It likely is no big surprise as it what I'm going to suggest. 

Add a few Selachii to these levels as both enemies and non-hostile NPCs. Now, I don't mean these to be like Gaku at all, instead...

-The ones who are passive would have some very minimal dialog, but little else.

-This would of course tell you how they became trapped there, no matter if they see it as imprisonment or not. 

-The ones who are hostile will be on a similar level and have similar stats as the Seekers and Lurkers, but not use any physical weapons, relying only on magic or their claws. 

-These would have either a journal or the like in their possession, or somewhere close to where you find them, and that would tell you their story. 

-Unlike Gaku, they would look far more influenced by Mora's power. Perhaps to the point where they use different textures, blending in the Seeker or Lurker textures, and using either the same possible glowing green/yellow eye texture as Gaku, or a different, but still glowing one. Or they could just use the vanilla "Demon" eyes, if those could be made to work with this race(which I'd have no problem if they were usable by the player if so).

-One or two(perhaps three) would be spawned at the same time after using the book at the end of the Dragonborn DLC, which they would not be hostile, and while I'm unsure of any dialog for them(other than what the following implies), they would have the function of acting as "entertainment" for the player. They would just sandbox around that area, though I'm not sure if anything could be added to make them a bit more dynamic, other than perhaps activators they could use to sit down, sleep, etc, even if if there likely isn't any apocrypha style chairs or beds. 

Overall I don't mean having a lot of these per area, just maybe say one or two per each of the Apocrypha cells. 

15 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Perhaps something not at all in line with the current discussion, but I had a thought. [...]

I guess it could be done, but I'm not so sure about it. We're not at the point of adding more NPCs that way, though, so we can look further into it sometime down the line after the next update is done and the existing NPCs have been properly implemented.

Speaking of which, I'll have to look at giving Seika a home again, but I really don't want to. CK worldspace editing sucks pretty hard and the changes can't be undone (or at least using the "Undo" command doesn't seem to do anything), so if I miscalculate or click something I shouldn't, I have to start over :classic_undecided:.

16 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Speaking of which, I'll have to look at giving Seika a home again, but I really don't want to. CK worldspace editing sucks pretty hard and the changes can't be undone (or at least using the "Undo" command doesn't seem to do anything), so if I miscalculate or click something I shouldn't, I have to start over :classic_undecided:.

make notes of there formids and afterwards delete them in tes5edit.

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

make notes of there formids and afterwards delete them in tes5edit.

I actually meant terrain editing. As in, height, shape, "paint" (grass, dirt, rock...), that kind of stuff. As far as I know those edits are stored as edits to the "Landscape" records and there's no way to properly edit them in xEdit (because it's impossible to tell what each data entry means).

Can't just place a house at random because there isn't any big enough patch of roughly flat terrain anywhere near the intended location across the bridge from Dragon Bridge, and trying to edit the terrain to create that patch just goes wrong everytime I try. So unless we find a different spot elsewhere that already has the proper terrain to place a new home (preferably a blacksmith one like Alvor's, though I guess a small one will do as well), it's going to be hell getting that done, lol :classic_undecided:.

Okay, I just got a reply from Tiwa granting permission to use the Spice Gear assets, so the armor is a go. Yay!

As I said, I still have to look into tweaking the rigging on the male pants and on the armpits for males and females because some vertices are wonky there; and there's obviously the problem of UUNP/CBBE conversions, so it may take me a while to be done with that (should be done by the time the next update drops, though). But I think it's good enough already to get it into the load screens. @MadMansGun, do you want me to PM you the files or should I post them here?

1 hour ago, NightroModzz said:

Had trouble with this last time I was working on this, but managed to topologize the most difficult part (the gills) without too much effort. It's not the cleanest looking, but it is clean topology with no intersecting loops.

Hide contents

a426b62f60609314a3020b9a8964a308.png567a46fe6f33df4f488f6a0900efd686.png

I'm still amazed at just how much room for improvement Bethesda left with Skyrim.

whatever works for you.

Check your PMs.

2 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Had trouble with this last time I was working on this, but managed to topologize the most difficult part (the gills) without too much effort. It's not the cleanest looking, but it is clean topology with no intersecting loops.

Looking pretty good! Maybe a bit small when compared to the male gills, but I see it's because of the topology and they fit the shape well so it's fine. Then again, I assume you will also edit the male gills if/when you get to editing the male heads so they will end up looking like that too.

58 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Then again, I assume you will also edit the male gills if/when you get to editing the male heads so they will end up looking like that too.

But of course! Both genders are gonna get overhauled with a new design.

The section on the neck is the most ideal, anatomically. The neck proportions on SOS are a bit over exaggerated however, and didn't think too much on position, anatomically.

For the female, I tried to fit it best I can between two important neck muscles. I shouldn't just have it layered over wherever.

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Check your PMs.

loadscreencombatfemale.nif

be aware i have not removed the nodes in this one, i would like to find out if that has any real ill effects or not.

and i edited the female armor a bit for the load screen, i deleted the mesh that was around the armpits:

edited armor.nif

the male has a few problems:

the gauntlets are clipping into the arms,

the "pants" are....folding over? in the crotch and there is some slight clipping on the waist,

and the armpit polygons you were talking about seem to get deleted by max on export.

loadscreencombatmale.nif

Thanks for those, I'll get them updated as soon as I can.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

be aware i have not removed the nodes in this one, i would like to find out if that has any real ill effects or not.

I can see if the CK crashes when loading the mesh or not, but for now my method is to copy the NiTriShapeDatas over those of an existing (and working) load screen mesh and then matching the shader properties and textures so they match the originals, so that shouldn't really make a difference.

and i edited the female armor a bit for the load screen, i deleted the mesh that was around the armpits:

My original plan was to get rid of everything that wasn't part of the chest plate, but having the arms and the armpits be directly under the plating looked a bit weird (and uncomforable due to chaffing) and would have required extensive edits to the shape or else it would have been too "loose".

I thought I could leave part of the blue fabric there to make it look like a "tank top" or something similar that goes between the actual plating and the body but doesn't cover the arms; I know the result is a bit wonky but I prefer that to having nothing at all (plus since it obstructs the view it allows me to remove part of the upperbody underneath the chest plate and reduce the clipping with UUNP sliders).

the male has a few problems:

the gauntlets are clipping into the arms,

the "pants" are....folding over? in the crotch and there is some slight clipping on the waist,

and the armpit polygons you were talking about seem to get deleted by max on export.

I know about the pants, that's due to the thigh weights on them and I really have to fix it. I thought it wouldn't be that bad for that pose, though (and seems I was right more or less?). Gauntlets do have some clipping that I have to fix as well but shouldn't be as blatant as in the mesh/pose, so I'll look further into it. No idea what's wrong with the armpits, those show up just fine for me ingame.

3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

Nevermind, it's true it doesn't look that good. I'll see if I can delete it for the ingame meshes too.

Males should be good to go with just that edit, but for females I'll have to add something else underneath. Maybe the "bandage bra" from the Minidresses Ragged Trousers set, to get the look Kuroyami suggested. Hopefully it won't take much work and will get rid of all issues with the armpit weighting.

Some dialog for Rami....

Introduction

Spoiler

R – Ooh, what do we have here...
       |
      R – [PlayerIsASelachii, IsMale] Fishy boy. I love your race – your skin is so smooth, and...your cocks are always so wet.
      R – [PlayerIsASelachii, IsFemale] This one has a clam, does she not? Oh, I spent some time with a Khajiit recently. You might find I am open to many things. What about you?
      R – [PlayerIsASelachii, IsFuta] Fishy...oh my. That is why I love your race. Your skin is so smooth, and even when you girls have cocks, they are always so wet.
              |
            [PC] How do you...
                    |
                   R – You should know – even hiding something, does not always make it impossible to see. That ever so slight difference in your walk, for example.

Still going to do a few possibilities for Argonians, and possibly Khajiit, along with a line for anything else.

Might not be exactly finished with these, but...

Spoiler

[PC] What is your story?
        |
       R – You know the Dunmer practiced slavery?
       R – [PlayerIsADunmer] You know our race practiced slavery?
              |
             R – Mainly focused on Khajiit and Argonians, though it would not surprise me if other races, even perhaps some Dunmer, were included. 
                    |
                   R – I was once part of a Great House, Telvanni. No one really of note, but all the houses have members like that. 
                          |
                         R – When I visited one of Morrowind's coastal cities, it was a reprieve from the usual daily events, where I could relax. But it would not last long. 
                                |
                               R – That was the same week that an Argonian pirate decided to make a raid on the city, taking a few like myself, captive. Most would be tossed like whores to his men, and I, was delivered to him. 
                                      |
                                     R – After the customary bath, of course. 
                                           |
                                          [PC] You...became a slave?
                                                  |
                                                 R – More than that. A whore, first used by this captain, and then tossed to his men when he was done.
                                                        |
                                                       [PC] [PCIsNotArgonian] Tell me this Argonian is dead.
                                                               |
                                                              R – Yes, but his death came two decades later, by the hands of a far more honorable Captain – a Selachii. 

[PC] [PCIsArgonian] While no kin of mine, is that one...dead?
                                                               |
                                                              R – Yes, but his death came two decades later, but the hands of a race you may know – a Selachii, the Captain of his own ship.

[PC] [PCKhajiitOrArgonian] Just deserts?
                                                  |
                                                 R – I had no part in it. I never put chains on anyone. 
                                                        |
                                                       R – Such a thing happening to your race, and any others, I have always considered wrong. For I knew it would be more than just being in chains, or locked in cells.

[PC] [PCIsNotKhajiitOrArgonian] What you deserved, in a sense?
                                                  |
                                                 R – I had no part in it. I never put chains on anyone. 
                                                       |
                                                      R – What happened to those who were enslaved, I always considered a tragedy. For I knew it was more than just being in chains, or locked in cells.
                                                              |
                                                             R – How is any of it, my fault?

[PC] You did not fight?
                                                  |
                                                 R – I hate to say it, but there are times where, in such a situation, that is a mistake. It only brings more punishment, than if you do not. 
                                                        |
                                                       R – I saw that will to fight in others, and what was done to them for it, was not only about humiliation, but physical pain. 
                                                              |
                                                             R – I will spare you the details. 

Spoiler

[PC] [PCKnowsHerPast] What is it you do here?
        |
      R – You may find this odd, but...I...
             |
            R – Sometimes, experiences not only change you, but mold you into a shape that becomes impossible to change. Or you do not see a reason. 
                   |
                  R – So what I do here is, serve in the same way I did before, only now I can, choose. 
                         |
                        [PC] So this is your choice?
                                |
                               R – Indeed. Those here are not the monsters you might easily believe they are. Even if you do not have that opinion, it is an easy one to have. I welcomed my arrival here, far more than I would have, if I died.
                                     |
                                    R – However, though I do play the role of a whore, it is not something forced. Most here are not the unruly, lust filled dregs that might be legion in Skyrim's brothels – they are far more likely to respect, me.

[PC] Are you forced to do...these things?
                                |
                               R – No. While it may be something you might easily believe, the Vampires here are...different. My arrival here was unexpected, but given the circumstances, it was something I welcomed more than death.
                                      |
                                     R – Otherwise, while I perhaps do play the part of a whore, as I have for quite some time, it is far more by choice, now, than it ever was. 

[PC] That is disgusting.
                                |
                               R – Perhaps, but it may be comforting to you, to know that I am in no way, bound here. I could leave, if I wish. 
                                      |
                                      R – But being here does mean I get access to blood, and to the company of others, which I welcome their cordial attitude.

Likely will rework some of this. Also hinted at here, but will be telling more of her backstory in-dialog, mainly how she ended up becoming a Vampire.

So, I've wanted to try it for a while, but I've finally taken a look at Goma's, well, Land mod. Just as note, this is not meant to be any kind of change for Akario, just a character I'm working on the look for, but not one going to be a character in the mod.

Onsen1Night.thumb.png.a9354fa2d30394296ffadce8aa0b83dd.pngOnsen4.thumb.png.7837ed3780bec1a94c8913c00255bec3.pngWaterfall2.thumb.png.ab55febdaf4419782ba9a880a2bc5f72.png

That isn't some reworked SOS body mesh, just the SOS HDT mesh, and a lot of changes in RaceMenu's Body Scales tab. 

Also, I did something with the Forehead or Nose tintmask. I wasn't sure it would look good in-game, but what do you think? 

10 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Also, I did something with the Forehead or Nose tintmask. I wasn't sure it would look good in-game, but what do you think?

Looks a bit too "uneven" for my taste, but then again so do all of the other tints except for the eye ones; and the current number of tints is limited so any new one is welcome.

Post it here if you want and I'll look into adding it either as a replacer or as a new one for a different slider.

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Looks a bit too "uneven" for my taste, but then again so do all of the other tints except for the eye ones; and the current number of tints is limited so any new one is welcome.

Post it here if you want and I'll look into adding it either as a replacer or as a new one for a different slider.

Well, that started out as taking the existing Nose/Forehead tint, and just making very simple shapes, which ended up in a fish like shape when done - though a simple one, but it was perhaps too perfect, and if the idea is that these are paint applied to the face, ideally it would not be hours in a makeup chair with skilled hands - it would be more like the warpaint Aela uses, just running three fingers dipped in paint(or whatever would actually be used) across her face. Even with some higher-res versions of the vanilla paints, they still keep that haphazard look, even if they are crisper.  

Though I'd think that any Selachii paints would have a distinct 'wet" look, with likely very few to no straight lines. Not sure if that idea could really be applied to some of the other face tints though, but I'll probably wait and see if the mapping on the redone head is any better, before doing any more with these.