13 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Well, that started out as taking the existing Nose/Forehead tint, and just making very simple shapes, which ended up in a fish like shape when done - though a simple one, but it was perhaps too perfect, and if the idea is that these are paint applied to the face, ideally it would not be hours in a makeup chair with skilled hands - it would be more like the warpaint Aela uses, just running three fingers dipped in paint(or whatever would actually be used) across her face. Even with some higher-res versions of the vanilla paints, they still keep that haphazard look, even if they are crisper. 

To be fair, I didn't actually thought of it as a face paint, but rather as facial/skin markings like the eye tints are; that's why I said it looked to uneven. But yeah, it works fine as actual paint, so there's that.

13 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Though I'd think that any Selachii paints would have a distinct 'wet" look, with likely very few to no straight lines. Not sure if that idea could really be applied to some of the other face tints though, but I'll probably wait and see if the mapping on the redone head is any better, before doing any more with these. 

Don't think the UVs will change, but since the head shape itself actually will, it's true it's better to wait for the new heads to work on any tints or textures.

4 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

so...do the new combat load screens work?

I haven't actually seen them yet, but they should. I'll try changing the conditions to force them to show up and see what happens.

20 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

They seem to be working fine:

Reveal hidden contents

good, that means i can make them a bit faster, AND in theory you should be able to update there meshes yourself if needed (eg: the new heads that are being made) by only using NifSkope.

i will re-export the other ones later to make them future proof.

10 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

loadscreens.7z

i made them all dick compatible as well, so if you wanted to you can copy SOS based dicks onto any of them.

Turns out that method doesn't work. Pasting the meshes over your nifs does place them in the right position, but when copying the NiTriShapeDatas to the actual ingame nif, they revert to their original/base placement.

I'll see if I can get your nifs to load into the CK without crashing, and if so I'll try adding the new meshes to those and seeing if they stick in place, but for now seems like any update to the models would need to go through your Max pipeline just like the current ones.

Minor update: removed the cloth mesh around the armpits of the armor. That got rid of all the issues with bone weights being weird on that area and also looks better than the cloth itself (there's still some weirdness like the space between the chest plate and the body itself but it's only visible when looking for it and it isn't too obvious).

For males I just left it like that, but for females I also added the "bandage bra" from the MiniDresses version of the Prisoner Rags/Ragged Pants.

Spoiler

Armor_Fixed_Female.png

It uses the vanilla "arm bandages" textures so that's why they look so grimy and have bloodstains. I may look into making a clean(er) texture and packing it up with the mod so it doesn't look like that.

I also fixed clipping on the male gauntlets, which were indeed wrong as pointed out by MMG; it was only visible for higher weights (70+) and since neither the NPCs nor my male character preset are that heavy I didn't see it before.

Spoiler

Armor_Fixed_Male.png

EDIT:

I can't seem to fix the weighting on the male pants. I'll continue working on it, but in the meantime I'm thinking about temporarily replacing them with retextured SOS Underwear. If I manage to fix it before the next update (which shouldn't take too long to be finished once Nightro is done with the new heads and assets), I'll change it back, but if not, this will have to do:

Spoiler

Armor_Fixed_Male_Pants.png

8 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Lol. And now we know what that "refused violently" thing meant.

Well, the idea is that the Justiciar had his head cut off, though likely his head wasn't mutilated beyond recognition at that point, just sent along with his body back to Ailnor on the ship the Selachii didn't claim for their own. Though my expectation when I checked it in NifSkope was perhaps it referencing that, maybe say a little more like the decapitations in-game, but it may be difficult to get the same effect for a loading screen mesh. That being said though, I think that mesh works, as it gets across that event, and perhaps viscerally suggests what might happen if you threaten such a race - and I do plan on writing a transcript of that event, just to make it clearer. 

On 5/21/2018 at 7:04 AM, Blaze69 said:

Welp, as it turns out procrastinating is fun sooo instead of doing what I was supposed to do, I ended up playing around with Skyrim and also managed to get the patch done. How about that.

Not sure if there was something wrong with the preset file or you did chose those colors (in which case sorry about it!) but it loaded like three warpaints at once and they were neon pink, so I opted for more discrete white-ish eye markings to match the belly and rolled with it.

Reveal hidden contents

Recorder.png

Bonus pic: turns out her default outfit comes with back fin "support" (read: nothing covering the fin) already. Happy coincidence.

Recorder_Clothes.png

As I said, I could have gone for a separate patch with both this mod and Recorder's plugin as a master, but the mod hasn't been updated in two years so this method was easier. Plus I also cleaned up the plugin in xEdit and removed a dirty edit to the Nord Race that could have caused you trouble if you also used another mod that edits races like Imperious or even Yiffy Age. But you still need to have the main mod installed first and then overwrite the plugin (and the meshes/textures, if you downloaded the Loose files version) with the one from this patch.

Let me know if it works as intended and if so I'll upload the file to the main mod page for anyone that may be interested in it. I see no reason for anything to go wrong with the rest of the mod since I only edited her NPC data and made sure the cleaning didn't break anything else, but I want to be sure before I make it "official"

Here you go:

Shark Race 3.19 - Recorder Replacer.7z

Works exactly as intended, though she doesn't wear her skirt but it's not caused by you, it's something from mod itself that causes it (looks like a slot incompatibility with the chest piece I'll see if I can fix it on my end)

8 minutes ago, lordkabal26 said:

Works exactly as intended, though she doesn't wear her skirt but it's not caused by you, it's something from mod itself that causes it (looks like a slot incompatibility with the chest piece I'll see if I can fix it on my end)

I think it's set to take up Slot 52, so because of the way SOS works with that slot the skirt cannot be equipped at the same time as the torso clothes unless you tag those as "Revealing" in the SOS MCM options or edit the Recorder plugin to add the SOS_Revealing keyword. Oddly enough, the panties (which would be what should actually take up slot 52 since they are underwear) are actually included as part of the leggings and use a different slot. Then again, I don't think the author had SOS in mind when setting up her items so I'm not really surprised.

FYI, this "bug" shoud actually happen with all female items that take up Slot 52 like for example the panties in nise's Bikini Armors, but due to what I assume it's an engine bug, it only affects schlongified females because they already have items equipped in that slot (the schlong) and it forces the game to notice the slot conflict. Since all female Selachii have "schlongs" assigned (even standard females/non-futas have an invisible schlong item to get the random schlong system to work), you always get the bug with them.

TL;DR: tag her torso clothes (I think it's called Pirate Shirt or something like that?) as Revealing using the SOS MCM and it should be fixed.

Otherwise, good to know it works, and I'll upload it as a main download once the next update is out, in case anyone else wants to use it.

This is a public plea for help: There's something weird going on with my installation of this mod. I'm using the Main + CBBE version + the Vanilla addon, installed and run through ModOrganizer, I have all the prereqs, yet the skeleton is not lining up with the textures and it wont take any custome CBBE BodySlide builds. One obvious sign is that the skeleton nipples do not align with texture nipples. I TOTALLY uninstalled the mod and done a clean unedited reinstall yet the issues persist.    

23 minutes ago, FetchmetheBucket said:

This is a public plea for help: There's something weird going on with my installation of this mod. I'm using the Main + CBBE version + the Vanilla addon, installed and run through ModOrganizer, I have all the prereqs, yet the skeleton is not lining up with the textures and it wont take any custome CBBE BodySlide builds. One obvious sign is that the skeleton nipples do not align with texture nipples. I TOTALLY uninstalled the mod and done a clean unedited reinstall yet the issues persist.    

I assume by "the skeleton nipples do not align with texture nipples", you mean that the nipples on the texture are not placed over the nipples on the body mesh, right? Skeletons don't have anything to do with textures.

If so, then it's caused by wrong textures, i.e. CBBE textures on a UNP body mesh or the other way around. So either the CBBE textures from the patch failed to overwrite the default UNP ones for some reason, or, the textures were overwritten just fine but something else is overwriting your naked body with a UNP one. The race is set up to use the vanilla body path just like all of the vanilla races ("meshes\actors\character\character assets\(fe)malebody_1/0.nif"), so if the body is wrong for them it should be wrong for other races too.

All I can suggest is to navigate to that path using the "Data" tab from the right pane of MO and check the "Mod" field to the right of the file name; it should tell you what mod includes the file (and the name will be in red if there's more than one mod that includes it). If it's from CBBE, then you can try reinstalling this mod yet again in order (main mod -> CBBE patch); if it's not and the mod name is in red, then check whatever mod includes that femalebody_1/0.nif and see if it's overwriting your CBBE body with a different one.

12 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I assume by "the skeleton nipples do not align with texture nipples", you mean that the nipples on the texture are not placed over the nipples on the body mesh, right? Skeletons don't have anything to do with textures.

Bingo. I'll look into the mod paths and see if I can dig up anything.

UPDATE: Well it's not the shark mod, I tried everything you said and nothing. The shark race mod has absolute priority on everything. I even went as far as to do a complete manual install. Exact same results. So on a hunch I used the race menu command and found in addition to CBBE morphs there was also an option for UUNP morphs. The I changed race to some of the vanilla races and the had the exact same issues as the shark race. Is the CBBE mod attempting to run CBBE and UNP simultaneously? I'll meddle with this further. 

More dialog for Seika...

Okay, so this is something I'm not too sure about...

Spoiler

[PC] Do you do any work by commission?
        |
       S – Not too often. The main problem, as you are likely aware, is one of resources. Be it materials, or gold. 
             |
            S – Depending on what it is that you want, perhaps we can work out a deal. 
                  |
                 [PC] [“The Way of the Voice(MQ105)” Completed, Player Level 30, At least one sample of Dragon Scales and Bones in inventory] Can you do anything with these?
                          |
                         S – Those are...bones? Scales? Wait...are those from a...dragon?
                               |
                             S – You know what you are asking me to do? Although...you know what? Give me an hour, and I will think about it. 

[PC] [“Alduin's Wall(MQ203)” Completed] Do you know of the Blades?
                         |
                        S – Of course I do, I make...wait. You speak of the group that once protected the Emperor before the Oblivion Crisis? What of them?
                               |
                              [PC] I would like to know if you can make me some of their armor. 
                                      |
                                     S – Well, then you are perhaps, lucky. Why? Well, I had someone come in some time ago with a similar request. 
                                            |
                                           [PC] Who? 
                                                   |
                                                  S – She did not give me her name, but did mention her being an Innkeeper, once. She requested a similar set, but wanted no helmet, apparently. 

[PC] Would that not be a dangerous request for someone to make?
                                                   |
                                                  S – For some random person, perhaps. But the one I refer to, and perhaps you, are not at all the average person who asks for a set of say, Steel Armor. 

[PC] (optional) I've recently rediscovered Sky Haven Temple, a former Akaviri stronghold here in Skyrim.
                                      |
                                     S – Ah, yes. I've read the book that references that place. Did you find the wall?
                                           |
                                          [PC] Yes, though I'm not too sure of the details.
                                                  |
                                                 S – The most I know of it, would be that it speaks of Alduin, though that is obvious, but I do not know more. 

[PC] Yes, and it seems highly relevant to me. 
                                                  |
                                                 S – What? How would Alduin's Wall be relevant to...
                                                       |
                                                      [PC] I'm Dragonborn – the Wall refers to how I will apparently defeat Alduin. 
                                                              |
                                                             S – Really? Well, I think in that case, I'd be happy to hear your request – knowing I possibly supplied armor for such an event...something for me to remember.

Meant to certainly resemble the dialog of some mods that allow you to have Blacksmiths make you armor and weapons, but this will only focus on perhaps the Dragon Bone/Scales and Blades sets. Both having the requirement of a main quest being completed, and perhaps maybe a level requirement, likely around the point such armors will begin to appear in chests, though maybe a bit lower for the Dragon sets. 

And the beginnings of her quest dialog...

Spoiler

[PC] So what is Eris' problem with you?
        |
       S – Not that I am opposed to telling you, but why do you want to know?
             |
           [PC] I would like to help, if I can.
                   |
                  S – Well, then...Eris is a man who thinks he has power, just because of a title. He does not have the intelligence to think otherwise. 
                         |
                        S – So, two days ago he came to my shop, suggesting that he was meant to collect taxes from me, which normally I would not have considered odd. Other than the fact of it being him.
                               |
                              S – In addition, it seemed the price I usually pay for such a thing, was now double. I inquired as to why, and he suggested it in a bold fashion – I owned a business in the home of the Nords, and I should pay more to keep it.
                                     |
                                   [PC] I'll go talk to Eris for you.
                                           |
                                          S – You'll probably find him in or around Four Shields Tavern, in the village proper. [Get quest “Respect Of Will”]

[PC] (optional) Why is he doing it?
                                           |
                                          S – He will probably tell you this himself, if you speak with him, but his family owned a large house in Solitude, Proudspire Manor. The idea of him doing this to raise funds to buy it back, is quite likely. 

[PC] (optional) Is that legal for him to do? 
                                           |
                                          S – You might need to ask someone at the Blue Palace to be sure, but I honestly think it is not. Perhaps Thanes can collect taxes under orders from the Jarl or High King or Queen, but I do not know if he has those orders.

[PC] (optional) Should I get rid of him for you?
                                           |
                                          S – I would not advocate that, but I'm not going to be shedding tears if I hear of his death. 

[PC] (optional) I think you should pay.
                                           |
                                          S – What? Why? If perhaps the Palace Steward or perhaps even Elisif herself suggests I should, then I would certainly do so. But otherwise? To Oblivion with the damned fool's request. 

[PC] On second thought, I'll leave it to you.

6 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i've been playing with dicks again

dick experimenting.7z

I really don't see why Selachii would have reptile/dragon-like dongs so I'd say it doesn't really fit the sheath. Looks good on the Argonian slit, though; if we could edit the mesh UVs so it uses the "flesh" textures from the standard slit texture set, it would be a good upgrade for the addon.

Have you contacted Bad Dog about this? He was planning to revisit that mesh at some point so he may be interested in those files.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

"diplomatic relations" with the argonians??:heart:?

Well, I do suggest in the race lore that the Selachii are quite malleable in that sense(i.e that one loading screen text), and the given reason for them having the human addons would be their relationship with the Akaviri, so technically them being allies with the Argonians, and staying on good terms with them for quite a long time(which could include the Selachii defending the shores of Black Marsh with their ships without being asked to do so), it would make sense that perhaps at several points the two races would be intimate like that. 

I did somewhat suggest having Bad Dog Slit option be used for this race(with the obvious rexture), though that might be a bit better done when the addon is updated for Hoodies and/or Yiffy Age, with the mesh updates Bad Dog posted about. Otherwise, the only other addon the race might need, is the one for Kawako(a Healer NPC in Solitude, mentioned in the blog), who to be blunt, is male but has a pussy instead.  

Though this does bring with it the issue for performance, but it might be less of a problem with this mod than it is for Yiffy Age, given that the addons are generally for the Selachii race(s  -given the Vampire version), and while them being assigned to characters might not lessen any performance issues, I generally don't intent on having that many Selachii all in one area.

7 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

"diplomatic relations" with the argonians??:heart:?

Well of course! How could I have forgotten about that :classic_tongue:? Though I guess this could have some unfortunate implications if we were ever to give them other kinds of schlongs, i.e. horse, dragon, canine (in a non-YA setting)...

5 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Well, I do suggest in the race lore that the Selachii are quite malleable in that sense(i.e that one loading screen text), and the given reason for them having the human addons would be their relationship with the Akaviri, so technically them being allies with the Argonians, and staying on good terms with them for quite a long time(which could include the Selachii defending the shores of Black Marsh with their ships without being asked to do so), it would make sense that perhaps at several points the two races would be intimate like that. 

I mean, we only came up with that lore bit to explain why they had human dongs instead of only "beast" ones (and I still would like to have species-appropiate options too but I don't know how to pull off a proper shark dick), but I guess it should work in all cases o it would make sense for the Argonian bit to be there too.

Maybe not as spread as the beast and human ones since they haven't had that much time yet for the "mutation" to appear and spread to the whole race, but there should be some of them since it's been a generation or two since the first contact so the first "hybrid" offspring should be around already.

I did somewhat suggest having Bad Dog Slit option be used for this race(with the obvious rexture), though that might be a bit better done when the addon is updated for Hoodies and/or Yiffy Age, with the mesh updates Bad Dog posted about.

I can look into that at some point, and making a texture shouldn't be very difficult (can't guarantee its quality, though). The only thing I'm worried about is taking yet another SOS Addon slot. I don't know how many it can handle at once, and even then the MCM menu can get quite cluttered already, so I'm not too keen on adding yet another one for a single race.

Doesn't mean I won't do it, though, just that I would have to think about it.

Otherwise, the only other addon the race might need, is the one for Kawako(a Healer NPC in Solitude, mentioned in the blog), who to be blunt, is male but has a pussy instead.

Been looking into it but none of my attempts have looked good. The SOS hole placement doesn't really feel like the right place for it, and even if we ignore that the slit looks weird, what with it being bulged outwards and stuff. Maybe if I ask Bad Dog for some help in editing the mesh so it fits better and making a texture that doesn't look bad, I'll get around to it, but in the meantime I don't think it will be worth it.

Though this does bring with it the issue for performance, but it might be less of a problem with this mod than it is for Yiffy Age, given that the addons are generally for the Selachii race(s  -given the Vampire version), and while them being assigned to characters might not lessen any performance issues, I generally don't intent on having that many Selachii all in one area.

AFAIK the Hoodies scripts are constantly running on the SOS animevents anyway and they simply ignore a NPC if they are not naked or don't have a Hoodies-enabled addon. So another addon shouldn't add to the Hoodies load, but could add to SOS' itself as I mentioned above.

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Been looking into it but none of my attempts have looked good. The SOS hole placement doesn't really feel like the right place for it, and even if we ignore that the slit looks weird, what with it being bulged outwards and stuff. Maybe if I ask Bad Dog for some help in editing the mesh so it fits better and making a texture that doesn't look bad, I'll get around to it, but in the meantime I don't think it will be worth it.

Well, another option is of course using more custom assets for him, i.e say using the female head - which I seriously tried to smooth out and make more slender with RaceMenu's sculpt feature, but I'm not sure of it really looking that good, at least not for the male one, anyway. Along with otherwise giving him a custom body and robes(good thing he isn't a follower, eh?), likely built similarly to the femboy presets in the related thread, which would get rid of the need for the addon. Though probably something else to think about once the new heads are done, as well. 

Though I don't know if I would have any other ideas for any such similar characters, which I'd probably not do anything with at the moment(or for a while), but if that is done at some point, the basis for it would be there already. 

Also...

Nothing much yet, but here are some random responses for Eris(the idea being is that he technically doesn't have any introduction dialog).

Spoiler

E – Why exactly would you bother talking to me?

E – I have little time for someone like you, so hurry it up.

E – [PlayerIsAnElvenRace] Say what you have to say, Elf.

E – [PlayerIsAnElvenRace] Out with it, Elf.

E – [PlayerIsAnOrc] Gods, you smell. What is that? 

E – [PlayerIsAnOrc] You really need to do something with those teeth. 

E – [PlayerIsAnArgonian] Do you have something to say? Are you actually trying to suggest you are intelligent?

E – [PlayerIsAnArgonian, IsFemale] Do you think I am in need of a maid? 

E – [PlayerIsASelachii] Another damned fish. What do you want? 

E – [PlayerIsASelachii] Should you not be in an ocean?

E – [PlayerIsASelachii] Head down to the docks and leave me alone.

E – [PlayerIsNaked OR HasRevealingKeyword] Apparently the meaning of modesty is lost upon you.

E – [PlayerIsNaked OR HasRevealingKeyword] Have you no shame?

E – [PlayerIsNaked OR HasRevealingKeyword] The words are...Common...Decency. Could you please have a shred of it?

Also, some dialog for Nicholas, a Breton guard who is ranked under Aldis, but mostly deals with matters around the Blue Palace(might rethink some of these details). Overall though, he will be involved in Seika's quest.

Introduction

Spoiler

N – [OutsideBluePalace] As I am unsure if anyone else has, I will say this...Welcome to Solitude. 
N – [InsideBluePalace] As I am unsure if anyone else has, I will say to you...Welcome to the Blue Palace.
       |
      N – I am Nicholas, a...well, that part might be obvious. Aldis might outrank me, but not by much. I do more work for the Palace, however.

N – [PlayerIsThaneOfHaafingar] Ah, so that makes four, I believe. Anyway, greetings, Thane.
       |
      N – I am Nicholas, a member of the Guard here in Solitude, just under Aldis, though I work more with the Palace as his concerns are elsewhere. 

Quest

Spoiler

[PC]  I have some questions about Haafingar's laws...
          |
         N – Do you? Well, I believe I can help you there. Go on.
               |
             [PC] [“Respect Of Will” Quest Active] Can Thanes collect on taxes?
                      |
                     N – Yes, though normally only under direct orders from the Jarl, or their Steward, with the proper signature or seal. 
                             |
                            N – Is this in reference to something specific?
                                   |
                                  [PC] Yes – Thane Eris, who is demanding the tax from the blacksmith in Dragon Bridge.
                                           |
                                          N – Well then...wait. Oh, not something like this again. Well, that does indeed change things. Eris is not very well liked in Solitude, being one of very few Stormcloak supporters. 
                                                 |
                                                N – However, more to the point...no order has been issued for that. Especially since I have seen Seika personally deliver on her tax directly to the Falk's hands. 
                                                       |
                                                      [PC] So then he has no grounds to collect? 
                                                              |
                                                             N – None at all. Tell you what, I'll give you this, a message directly to him, with my signature, that informs him of this perhaps obvious information. 

[PC] (optional) Why would he make a fraudulent claim like that?
                                                              |
                                                             N – While it is likely others would mention the tendencies of his family, I will only make that brief mention. But there is the fact that...um, have you heard this already?
                                                                    |
                                                                  [PC] Yes, he lost Proudspire Manor some time ago.
                                                                           |
                                                                          N – [PlayerDoesNotOwnProudspire] Yes, he ironically lost it because he missed a payment on his taxes, which no one was willing to give him a few days to recoup. 

N – [PlayerOwnsProudspire] Yes, he ironically lost it because he missed a payment on his taxes, which no one was willing to give him a few days to recoup. Did he try offering you a price for it?

[PC] No, what?
                                                                          |
                                                                         N – His family were once the proud owners of...well, a place called Proudspire Manor in the city. It was one of the few places that Eris was able to keep ahold of, after his family left the region.
                                                                                |
                                                                               N – [PlayerOwnsProudspire] But some time ago, he lost it due to...ironically not paying his taxes on the residence. No one was willing to give him a few days to recoup the sum. Did he offer you a price for it?

N – [PlayerDoesNotOwnProudspire] But some time ago, he lost it due to...ironically not paying his taxes on the residence. No one was willing to give him a few days to recoup the sum