Okay. Time for a small update on progress.

Neros has been placed in the camp upstream of Evergreen Grove. He doesn't do much, mostly just hang around and sit on the tree stump by the campfire. He's also a potential follower, but only as a placeholder until his corresponding quest/dialogue are implemented.

Spoiler

Neros_1.png

Neros_2.png

I've also edited the dead Alchemist in the grove itself and renamed him to Nisil, as per the planned story/quest. Only the name has changed, everything else is copied from the base Alchemist NPC including inventory and appearance, so there isn't anything special about him for now (apart from his name, of course).

Spoiler

Nisil_Dead.png

Next, I implemented both Akario and Seika ingame. Haven't worked on the worldspace edits or anything like that yet (not sure if they will be included in the next update or it will have to wait for the one after), but they have some factions and inventory edits already.

Spoiler

NPC_Akario.png

NPC_Seika.png

Last, but not least, turns out I got lucky and managed to snap two Selachii load screens in a row. It's probably because I was in the Aether Suite in that save and it doesn't have any of the vanilla load screens assigned, so since the ones added by the mod don't have any kind of conditions, they are more likely to appear. Or maybe it's just that I got lucky.

Spoiler

Load_Screen_1.png

Load_Screen_2.png

Note that they point to vanilla load screen meshes, so any mod that replaces/edits the vanilla meshes will also affect the Selachii load screens, as it can be seen with the Naked Wolf Talos statue replacer from YA.

14 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Next, I implemented both Akario and Seika ingame. Haven't worked on the worldspace edits or anything like that yet (not sure if they will be included in the next update or it will have to wait for the one after), but they have some factions and inventory edits already.

Hide contents

NPC_Akario.png

NPC_Seika.png

Have to admit, that was something I was a little worried about for Akario. Maybe it depends on lighting, and obviously things like ENB, etc, but his skin appearing at all pink isn't intended. 

And for Seika...yeah she looks good. The only thing is, she is meant to be wearing the other Blacksmith outfit, with the grey shirt/pants. Possibly should have used the other image I took for her, where that was a bit clearer, though I unfortunately deleted that one. EDIT: Also added some details for her to the Planned Characters entry in the blog. 

Last, but not least, turns out I got lucky and managed to snap two Selachii load screens in a row. It's probably because I was in the Aether Suite in that save and it doesn't have any of the vanilla load screens assigned, so since the ones added by the mod don't have any kind of conditions, they are more likely to appear. Or maybe it's just that I got lucky.

Reveal hidden contents

Load_Screen_1.png

Load_Screen_2.png

Note that they point to vanilla load screen meshes, so any mod that replaces/edits the vanilla meshes will also affect the Selachii load screens, as it can be seen with the Naked Wolf Talos statue replacer from YA.

Might make some edits to that first one, and maybe the second as well. Will label them in the document when I do. Arguably the Talos statue fits for the first one, don't you think?

A start on the dialog for Neros. 

Introduction

Spoiler

N – That damned Alchemist is a pain in my scaly balls.
        |
       [PC] [CHOOSE ONE] What?
                |
               N – The damned fool I made a deal with in Falkreath – this camp is technically his, though he cannot object to my usage of it as of late. 
                       |
                      N – He went up to that sunken altar, and as it seems, was killed by Spriggans. I wonder if burning two Spriggans to ashes is worth his information.

[PC] [CHOOSE ONE] Alchemist?
               |
              N – Yes, a glorified gardener I met in Falkreath. Supposedly had information on someone I am looking for. 
                     |
                    N – Then he goes over to that sunken altar, and is killed by Spriggans. I am debating on if it is worth it to go burn them to ashes for the fool's journal. 

[PC] (optional) Why exactly would I care about your balls?
               |
              N – Does it? That is what is known as an inquiry, the usage implying some level of interest. 

Quest

Spoiler

[PC] Why is his information important?
         |
        N – Oh, it only relates to my childhood, and me tracking down someone to find answers about it. 
               |
             [PC] Can I help you?
                     |
                    N – Certainly. I hope you have the skills to take on a pair of Spriggans, though. 
                           |
                          [PC] Certainly, Let's Go.
                                  |
                                 N – Oh, you get the message then? It leads, then. [Get Quest “Conflagration of Lies” ]

[PC] You know, I think I want to wait on that. 
                                  |
                                 N – I understand. Damned things nearly killed me when I tried to see what happened to Nisil.

[PC] (optional) It does sound important, then.
                     |
                    N – Yes, but I constantly question if it is going to be worth it. Before the fire, good memories. Afterward, I was cared for, but not by my parents.
                           |
                          N – I find the bad dreams hard to escape. Fire, smoke and ashes in the night, seeing it all from a distance. 

[PC] (optional) You do not sound as if you want to know.
                     |
                    N – I lost my mother, because of what happened. I want to know the cause behind it, but...I am unsure if I really do.

[PC] (optional) I do not think I want to get involved. 
                    |
                   N – Then I will eventually be making ashes out of those Spriggans, even so. Unless you do change your mind. 

Going to really have to start considering the progression of the quest. 

New update! But don't get too excited, there isn't much new content.

This is mostly an in-between update to post the current additions and bug fixes while I wait for the new assets to be finished and included in the mod (which will be the actual 3.2 update). You can check the changelog but the only changes so far are the same ones that have been mentioned in the last pages of the thread.

As always, let me know if you come across any issues or anything like that.

Some of this is unfortunately going to sound like nitpicking...

Neros1.thumb.png.20e9584e370d9267737468ac1f60945a.png

-Seems he has the Thunderbolt spell, rather than the intended Flames and Firebolt spells at least  - possibly forgot to list those, my apologies. Tried to fix this myself, but it does not seem to have worked - the only effect being that he did not use spells at all, resorting to his fists. The intent is that he is a pure mage/pyromancer, and while I would want him to perhaps have up to expert level spells, I would be a bit wary of giving him the Fireball spell(due to it's AoE that seems to effect the player), and since it is easy to get to that area early in-game...

-He does not have the faction for a schlong, and my change to add one did work, as can be seen in the above shot. 

-Did not see Nisil in the area with the Spriggans, though that is probably due to adding the update to a save I had already started. Could have simply missed him though.

-A minor point, but he is meant to use the red Argonian eye texture. 

-Did not mention it anywhere yet, as I only thought of it recently - though it is a detail in line with his story - he should have an innate 25% resistance to fire.

16 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

-Seems he has the Thunderbolt spell, rather than the intended Flames and Firebolt spells at least  - possibly forgot to list those, my apologies. Tried to fix this myself, but it does not seem to have worked - the only effect being that he did not use spells at all, resorting to his fists. The intent is that he is a pure mage/pyromancer, and while I would want him to perhaps have up to expert level spells, I would be a bit wary of giving him the Fireball spell(due to it's AoE that seems to effect the player), and since it is easy to get to that area early in-game...

NPC spells are a bit wornky, specially if we're talking about using them on their left hand (apparently they need a special non-playable copy of the "playable" spell marked as left-hand-only for that). I'll look into replacing his sparks with flames.

-He does not have the faction for a schlong, and my change to add one did work, as can be seen in the above shot. 

Was he supposed to have a specific addon or size? It's been a while since I created his NPC record so I could be wrong, but I don't remember any specific data on that. He should get one randomly assigned by SOS (which in YA will be the Slit most of the time).

-Did not see Nisil in the area with the Spriggans, though that is probably due to adding the update to a save I had already started. Could have simply missed him though.

I manually replaced the vanilla placed reference for the generic Alchemist with that of Nisil using xEdit, and he appeared just fine in all of my tests. But then again, none of those tests were in a save where I had visited the Grove, so maybe the generic NPC reference got baked into your save or something like that? That would explain it assuming you did not miss him.

-A minor point, but he is meant to use the red Argonian eye texture. 

I used the preset file you sent me, so either something went wrong when loading it or you saved it with the wrong eyes selected.

-Did not mention it anywhere yet, as I only thought of it recently - though it is a detail in line with his story - he should have an innate 25% resistance to fire.

Should be easy to do.

7 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Was he supposed to have a specific addon or size? It's been a while since I created his NPC record so I could be wrong, but I don't remember any specific data on that. He should get one randomly assigned by SOS (which in YA will be the Slit most of the time).

I used the Sheath schlong in the images, as well as giving him that one in the plugin. The size doesn't matter too much, but I set it to 8. 

Also, about schlongs....Kori is using the Shark Human Cut addon, which she shouldn't be.

I manually replaced the vanilla placed reference for the generic Alchemist with that of Nisil using xEdit, and he appeared just fine in all of my tests. But then again, none of those tests were in a save where I had visited the Grove, so maybe the generic NPC reference got baked into your save or something like that? That would explain it assuming you did not miss him.

I did start at the Alchemist camp with the character, and likely got close to the Grove as I did get the marker(added by a mod) for the nearby Dragon Mound - this being before I installed the update. The save I loaded was at Bilegulch Mine, and I had a marker to fast travel back to the camp.

I used the preset file you sent me, so either something went wrong when loading it or you saved it with the wrong eyes selected.

Well, as mentioned before, the Argonians do not get the red eye texture in the vanilla game - only females do. Males get the silver one instead. I have no idea why Bethesda did that. 

2 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

I used the Sheath schlong in the images, as well as giving him that one in the plugin. The size doesn't matter too much, but I set it to 8. 

Oh, okay. I'll set it up. Any specific/in-story reason for him having that, or is it just mere preference? Asking because the others usually did have a reason for it.

Also, about schlongs....Kori is using the Shark Human Cut addon, which she shouldn't be.

Ah, crap. First it was Moku growing a schlong, and now poor Kori got hers cut, lol :classic_undecided:. (Speaking of which, does Moku have one if you start a new game? I think I did swap her to the No Schlong this time around, but I could be wrong).

I should have payed more attention when shuffling the SOS addon factions around. I'll fix it for the update.

Well, as mentioned before, the Argonians do not get the red eye texture in the vanilla game - only females do. Males get the silver one instead. I have no idea why Bethesda did that. 

I can give him some custom eyes that use the vanilla female Argonian red eye texture just fine, so there's that. I must have missed it when I created him.

4 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Oh, okay. I'll set it up. Any specific/in-story reason for him having that, or is it just mere preference? Asking because the others usually did have a reason for it.

Well, the idea is that it could go either way, but...

Spoiler

...if it isn't obvious already, he is intended to be half-Dunmer(or something to that effect). So you could say either the Antro-schlong could work - this being him getting both a halved fire resistance, the dark blue toned scales and red eyes similar to a Dunmer, and a human/mer schlong, or the Sheath - this being him getting a overall Argonian appearance, but with dark blue scales and red eyes, and a schlong getting closer to lizard/reptilian, but with external balls.

Plus with his opening line specifically mentioning balls, it would be inconsistent without them.

4 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Ah, crap. First it was Moku growing a schlong, and now poor Kori got hers cut, lol :classic_undecided:. (Speaking of which, does Moku have one if you start a new game? I think I did swap her to the No Schlong this time around, but I could be wrong).

Did not check her entry yet, so I'm not sure. 

17 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i don't know why but i can't talk to Mizuno or give him his necklace, he just stands there saying "yes, need something?".

Did you take the route where you started the quest at Deekus' camp? Read the note and obtained the Amulet there, and have an objective to bring it to Mizuno? If so, then as I've mentioned before, there is an issue with that - where it takes saving and loading at that point to get the correct dialog to show up, so you can complete the quest. 

Then there is the problem where, once you do get the option that allows you to progress, the lines act as if you spoke to him previously, before getting the quest - likely the variations I wrote for that instance not being added yet.

13 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Did you take the route where you started the quest at Deekus' camp? Read the note and obtained the Amulet there, and have an objective to bring it to Mizuno? If so, then as I've mentioned before, there is an issue with that - where it takes saving and loading at that point to get the correct dialog to show up, so you can complete the quest.

the problem is both ways, i tried talking to him first, he just stands there saying "yes?", then i tried getting the Amulet first and he still just stands there going "yes?"

the old "save and quit" trick is not working this time.

another thing is i'm new to using SOS, is there suppose to be 2 "Shark Sheath"s listed in it's menu?

enb 2018_04_30 22_42_21_85.jpg

7 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

the problem is both ways, i tried talking to him first, he just stands there saying "yes?", then i tried getting the Amulet first and he still just stands there going "yes?"

Did you read the note at Deekus' camp as well? It should be one that crate next to the locked chest. 

7 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

another thing is i'm new to using SOS, is there suppose to be 2 "Shark Sheath"s listed in it's menu?

enb 2018_04_30 22_42_21_85.jpg

No...there should only be one. I'm not sure how that could even happen. Do both submenus show the same information?

1 minute ago, Kuroyami said:

Did you read the note at Deekus' camp as well? It should be one that crate next to the locked chest. 

No...there should only be one. I'm not sure how that could even happen. Do both submenus show the same information?

yes i did.

not only do they say the same thing: editing settings in one will edit the other exactly the same way.

i have tried resetting SOS but it comes back the same way with 2 menus for it, i even tried my "pre sexlab install" save.

i truly am a master at fucking up random things. :confounded:

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

yes i did.

I'm not really sure, then.

not only do they say the same thing: editing settings in one will edit the other exactly the same way.

i have tried resetting SOS but it comes back the same way with 2 menus for it, i even tried my "pre sexlab install" save.

i truly am a master at fucking up random things. :confounded:

A moment while I check something...The only thing that looks to be a problem would be the Sheath schlong not having a quest entry like the others do, and it seems the Armor entries for it are in both the Shark Race.esp and the Follower plugin - this being the Yiffy Age version. 

8 hours ago, red_khezu said:

Any way one could add HDT physics to the KS hairs that are part of this mod? There already is a mod for KS hairs to have physics too but it doesn't work with the ones that come with this.

Not really. Someone with knowledge of HDT and possibly the HDT Havok Tools for 3DS Max would have to either copy the HDT bones and weights from the original hairs to the ones included in this mod or take the original HDT hairs and port them to the race like I did with the current ones.

I don't know how to work with HDT stuff, I don't have Max anymore, and editing hairs has been such a PITA that I'd rather stay away from it as much as possible. So I'm afraid you are out of luck on this one :classic_undecided:.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

If you haven't started the amulet quest yet by going to Deekus' camp straight away, he should have a dialog option to ask him who he is (the "normal" to start the quest). The fact that it isn't means the mod's dialog is not being loaded for some reason.

I'll check the plugin and the mod file and see if I screwed up somehow and/or forgot to pack some files, but I thought I got everything right and the quest has been working fine in the latest versions.

As for the doubled Sheath entry, are you by any chance using both the SOS Sheath plugin and the YA version of the NPC one (which I assume you are due to your posts in the YA thread)? Because that may be the problem.

As far as I know YA includes its own Hoodies system in the YiffyAgeSchlongs.esp plugin instead of using separate Hoodies .esm (I really don't know why Bad Dog packed the .esm there, it's not even a master for the YA plugins if you check it and it only adds extra script load). That's why I hook right into the YA system via the NPC plugin.

The separate SOS Sheath plugin hooks into the Hoodies .esm instead, and is only intended for people that don't use YA but do use Hoodies and want to have sheaths on their sharks. That's why having both enabled at the same time may cause the sheath to be registered twice (once with YA and once with the separate Hoodies).

Looked through the Follower plugin(Yiffy Age version) and found a few issues...

-Moku indeed has the Human schlong listed - likely due to Izma?

-Vaynelle, Khrista and Jena do not have YA's FemaleNoSchlong faction listed.

-Hiyasu does not have the intended Shark Sheath schlong faction.

-Changed Neros' Destruction and Restoration skills to 25, along with giving him the Flames and Fast Healing spells. Also increased his Heath to 100, and stamina to 85. 

-Have not tried these changes in-game yet, but I did add both the base spell, and the Left hand variant. 

-Loki does not have any Schlong faction - gave him the Anthro one as mentioned - rank 6.

-Changed Kori's faction rank for the Human addon to 8, hopefully to be a bit more in line with the reference image in terms of size. Which I checked for seeing if the character in the images was uncut or not, but none of them shows the character's cock in full view - not even the animated ones, where it does not come out far enough to tell. 

1 minute ago, Kuroyami said:

Looked through the Follower plugin(Yiffy Age version) and found a few issues...

See, I knew Moku would still be packing, lol. I specifically remember fixing her faction, but I must have closed xEdit without saving for some reason (an unwanted edit or something like that).

The No Schlong addon isn't enabled for other races but I guess it's a good idea to add it to them specifically so they don't end up with actual schlongs depending on the user's SOS setup.

I'll fix the others as well.

3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

[...]

I've finished testing the mod on a save I had just started (saved in the LAL cell right before choosing a scenario) and everything seems to work just fine.

I had to save and reload to get the dialogue due to it being an existing save (duh), but as soon as I lauched the game again and loaded the save everything was there. Both the normal way to get the quest by talking to Mizuno first and by taking the amulet first; I tried both and they worked as intended. I also checked the files to see if I missed anything and everything seems to be there.

So I don't know what to suggest, outside of reinstalling the mod and starting a new game/using a save from before you installed the mod the first time around.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

As for the doubled Sheath entry, are you by any chance using both the SOS Sheath plugin and the YA version of the NPC one (which I assume you are due to your posts in the YA thread)? Because that may be the problem.

yea that was it.

33 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I've finished testing the mod on a save I had just started (saved in the LAL cell right before choosing a scenario) and everything seems to work just fine.

I had to save and reload to get the dialogue due to it being an existing save (duh), but as soon as I lauched the game again and loaded the save everything was there. Both the normal way to get the quest by talking to Mizuno first and by taking the amulet first; I tried both and they worked as intended. I also checked the files to see if I missed anything and everything seems to be there.

So I don't know what to suggest, outside of reinstalling the mod and starting a new game/using a save from before you installed the mod the first time around.

i found the problem, Mizuno won't talk to you if Deekus has been killed before the mod was installed.

1 minute ago, MadMansGun said:

i found the problem, Mizuno won't talk to you if Deekus has been killed before the mod was installed.

I don't really see how that could happen. Maybe since Deekus is part of/referenced by the quest it fails to initialize if he's dead and/or disabled already or something like that. I'll have to look into it. Glad you got it sorted out, though.

13 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I don't really see how that could happen. Maybe since Deekus is part of/referenced by the quest it fails to initialize if he's dead and/or disabled already or something like that. I'll have to look into it. Glad you got it sorted out, though.

it looks like he is missing some flags: Allow Dead & Allow Disabled.

It's probably not the assigned mesh, but I did take this shot...

LoadscreenAkaivri1.thumb.png.6c92f3aff04e22b89435cc4b5e76b15a.png

Otherwise, I did manage to get Neros to cast spells...this being after giving him a dagger in-game. Though it seemed that after dealing with the Spriggans, the spells were not properly equipping. I looked at Brelyna in TESVEdit(the only things changing her being perhaps Yiffy Age), and it seems like she does not have both the base and Left hand versions of spells. It might even be a problem where he is lacking on perks, or something, I'm not sure. 

Also loaded a save in the Abandoned Prison Cell(LAL, using the Achemist start in the New Beginnings Addon), and still Nisil seemed to be nowhere around - even tried looking for him with the Detect Dead spell, nothing.