28 minutes ago, Slushii said:

Wait a second, arent the selachii from the book battlefield earth?

Really?

Sharks are a group of elasmobranch fish characterized by a cartilaginous skeleton, five to seven gill slits on the sides of the head, and pectoral fins that are not fused to the head. Modern sharks are classified within the clade Selachimorpha (or Selachii) and are the sister group to the rays.

From the first three lines in the "Shark" page in Wikipedia. I was simply looking for a fitting shark-related name for the race to replace the original "Sharkmer" one (which was pretty bad to be honest), and just happened to come across that name. Sounds good and "exotic" enough to be a proper name for a race/species, so I went for it.

After some quick googling, seems like that the book does indeed include a race of "shark-descended" people (the info doesn't actually state whether they are supposed to be anthro sharks or it's just "flavor" and they are pretty much humanoid) called "Selachee" that also happen to be the universe's prime bankers. Because someone thought a pun about them being loan sharks would be funny :classic_mellow:.

Anyway, seems like Ronny boy there did the same as I did: he was looking for a name for a shark race and found out the real-life clade/superorder sharks belong to was just the right fit; after replacing "i" with "e", for some reason, though. No relation to the book at all (TBH I didn't even know it existed until now) Huh. Whaddayaknow.

• 2 weeks later...

so what load screens are desperately needed again?

i remember something about a pirate but i don't have armor/clothing on hand for that (and would they have a small dragon as a parrot??)

then there is the Kioku, what kind of ship is/was it?:

ed92de7ab11abcb17fb9800ec1685b0e.jpgKobukson_2.jpgimg_4.jpegKentoshi_ship_800x537.jpg

(yes i know the first 2 are not Japanese)

and i'm not sure how i would depict underwater mining.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

so what load screens are desperately needed again?

I think we have all the main ones covered already, but you should ask Kuroyami in case there is any other that he'd like to have a custom mesh for. I don't want to clutter the mod (and the game) with new load screens but the file size for the meshes is small and there's still plenty of vanilla load screens to counter so there's still room for a handful more of them if need be.

First one actually looks good IMO. But they all have the same problem: none of the existing ship meshes is close enough to be feasible to edit them to match that style, and using vanilla boats instead for the sake of it isn't worth it (also the Solitude docks are used by a lot of other mods already so if I'm adding yet another one it must be different and really match the lore's design).

There was a ported mesh from Witcher 2 that could kinda sorta maybe perhaps work, but 1) it clashed too much with Skyrim's assets style to fit (aka was an obvious port) and 2) it didn't look like the kind of ship that could do long distance travels with a sizeable crew and stuff (don't really know much about ships so I can't explain it and may be wrong about it, though).

For that I simply used one of the vanilla load screens, the one with the anvil and a handful of tools and weapons. That screen doesn't really need a custom mesh IMO.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:55 AM, MadMansGun said:

i remember something about a pirate but i don't have armor/clothing on hand for that (and would they have a small dragon as a parrot??)

There are at least two mentioning pirates at this point, and while the Selachii might have a certain reverence for Dragons(mostly not entirely seeing them as evil, and having a certain interest in Akatosh), I have an idea for when the race was introduced to Dragons, and it was actually before they even encountered the other races of Akavir - and this was when their culture and society was more medieval, rather than anything like the Akaviri. 

ed92de7ab11abcb17fb9800ec1685b0e.jpgKobukson_2.jpgimg_4.jpegKentoshi_ship_800x537.jpg

(yes i know the first 2 are not Japanese)

My thoughts would be that their ships are a contrast between Asian and more European ships, mostly for the fact that their ships have wheels instead of a rudder to control the ship. Otherwise, there would be some variance in sails as well, some having an more Asian style, others more European.

Not exactly sure about the Kioku, but the ship for one of the pirates mentioned, Kokushi(not exactly planned to appear in-game, and his ship is not even named yet), is meant to have a ship similar to the Silent Mary in the most recent Pirates film, which would be maybe that ship as a basis, with some Asian influences. Though I'm not sure about doing this one, as it is only one text mentioning him at this point, and I'm not sure of doing any others.

However, what I'd suggest for that loading screen would be a far more simple book, with the same text as the loading screen written in, Kanji, I want to say?

Maybe just something like a silver coin, with something written in japanese Akaviri?

Added a few more load screen texts, hopefully ones that can use existing meshes...

Anatomy

Spoiler

The skin or scales of a Selachii does not wrinkle or sag with age, meaning even members of the race who are over 100 years of age or more, may not appear so - seeming to most human races to be much younger. 

Sexual

Spoiler

A Selachii's age never stops them from producing children, as even older females can still become pregnant. 

Also started a dialog for Haru - which I'm thinking of how that is going to mesh with his and Izumi's journals. Right now some of his dialog depends on having read Izumi's journal, though I might change my mind on that. 

Additionally, I'm probably going to rethink heavily my ideas for expanding on Kanet, which may involve not doing anything else with her, perhaps other than giving her some dialog to make her less of a simple follower, if you go that route. 

So a issue im having is that i cant seem to get the dicks onto the female? I've downloaded bad dongs and the SKSE Animation extender but they just wont show up, just the normal human one.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
Shark Race.esp
BadDogSchlongCore.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Shark Race - SOS Sheath.esp
XPMSE.esp
SkyUI.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SexLabTools.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
RaceMenu.esp
KJ Tattoos 2K.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RLO - Interiors.esp
SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS Schlong Controller.esp
SOS Equipable Schlong.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SOS - B3lisario UNP Addon.esp
RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp
RLO - Effects.esp
RLO - Illuminated Spells.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
WetandCold.esp
Purewaters.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
MidnightArmorUNP.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
RLO - Exteriors.esp
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp
SoS - The Wilds.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorPatch.esp
M2M_Animations.esp
SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
The Dance of Death.esp
Vivid Weathers.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Vivid Weathers - Extended Snow.esp
Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp
Sotteta Necromancer Outfit.esp
Crimson Tide - Blood.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
HornyCreatures.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
KvHarborside.esp
Qasmoke.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
Amiella Outfit.esp
SexLab Cumshot.esp
Animated Dragon Wings.esp
Halo's Poser.esp
HPObjects.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
iHUD.esp
AchieveThat.esp
BDHoodieFemale.esp
BDHoodieSchlong.esp
BDLoincloth.esp
BDHoodieWW.esp
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

9 minutes ago, DuallyHips said:

[...]

You are using the "LITE" version of the mod (aka the one from the Nexus), which doesn't include any female SOS stuff, only males.

Download the main/full version of the mod from here instead and start a new game.

16 hours ago, DuallyHips said:

So a issue im having is that i cant seem to get the dicks onto the female? I've downloaded bad dongs and the SKSE Animation extender but they just wont show up, just the normal human one.

[...]

In addition to downloading and installing the...em, technical FULL version from LL(a link is in my sig if you...or the first page of the thread..eh...), you'll want to also consider these points....

-USLEEP should be sorted after the DLC, i.e after the likely three unmanaged mods you have at the top of your list. Ideally, you don't want anything other than these to be unmanaged in MO, since that would mean those mods could potentially have files which would effect your game even if you have the associated plugin file(if there is one), disabled.

-You'll likely want to use the Vanilla version of the follower plugin, if you want the Shark Race mod to add NPCs and Followers to your game, as the main version of the follower plugin is intended for use with Yiffy Age. 

-It may not be a problem, but you will want to make sure nothing is overwriting any of XPMSE's Skeleton nifs, or .hkx files. If anything does, move XPMSE below or after such a mod.

-Not entirely sure of this one, but it was to my understanding that the Dance of Death is considered a problematic mod at this point. An alternative if you choose to drop DoD is VioLens, which has options to customize how killcams work in your game(with an MCM menu). Since I haven't used it, I can't speak for the options DoD has. 

-You are using RaceMenu and the NetImmerse Override mod - RM includes NiO, so only it is really needed when using mods that require it with RM installed.

i'm sure it would be unwise to do....but i think i can make animated load screens now?

Huh, are you serious? How would that be possible?

The load screens use static meshes, so AFAIK the only way to do so would be to bake the mesh anim into the nif somehow; it was possible to do so for Oblivion/FO3/FNV (some people even used it for equippable items like cursed/living armor and stuff), but last I heard the format change from those to Skyrim nifs broke that function altogether.

If you want to give a shot at making them, I'll be happy to try to get them implemented (I'll leave the "design" part up to you and/or Kuroyami), but I still won't believe it until I see it, lol :classic_blink:.

EDIT: okay, I saw the HCoS update and the changelog so I guess it's related. But since I won't be able to mod or even play Skyrim for a while, could you post a pic/gif of what you did? Or at least describe it? Pretty please?

12 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Huh, are you serious? How would that be possible?

The load screens use static meshes, so AFAIK the only way to do so would be to bake the mesh anim into the nif somehow; it was possible to do so for Oblivion/FO3/FNV (some people even used it for equippable items like cursed/living armor and stuff), but last I heard the format change from those to Skyrim nifs broke that function altogether.

If you want to give a shot at making them, I'll be happy to try to get them implemented (I'll leave the "design" part up to you and/or Kuroyami), but I still won't believe it until I see it, lol :classic_blink:.

EDIT: okay, I saw the HCoS update and the changelog so I guess it's related. But since I won't be able to mod or even play Skyrim for a while, could you post a pic/gif of what you did? Or at least describe it? Pretty please?

56 minutes ago, IGotBored said:

Okay, that's some serious black magic fuckery right there. Not sure how that was possible, but it's awesome, lol. Thanks for the gif (pretty damn high-quality too, how did you record it?).

Anyway, @MadMansGun, as I said before, if you feel like giving a shot at creating animated load screens for the mod, I'd be happy to include them :classic_shy:.

On a semi-related note, I think a main menu replacer with an animated dragon kinda like that one would be pretty cool, but seeing Oda performing a self-BJ each and every time I run the game/load the menu (which happens a lot because of mod testing and CTDs) is too campy for me. What about one where he stands on a word wall (or even nothing at all) and simply looks badass and has random movements like blinking or breathing or looking around? Kinda like one of the many games with dynamic menu backgrounds.

Not saying NSFW animated load screen/menu replacers aren't nice (:classic_tongue:), but it would be great to have that SFW option too. Bonus points if there's an alternate version with Alduin instead.

49 minutes ago, Grungebob01 said:

Is this SSE compatible?

Not yet.

I'm planning to port the main race mod to SE at some point not long after the next update is released (current ETA for it is sometime in September), but that's just that, plans. I'll probably port the Lite/Nexus version of it first, and then move on to the Full one + the NPC plugin later once Yiffy Age has been ported to SE and I've had time to get it all set up and working.

5 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

@MadMansGunOkay, that's some serious black magic fuckery right there.

it's just a case of getting the right export settings for the job:

AnimatedNifExport.jpg

(followed by fixing a bunch of NiTransformControllers in NifSkope because they exported with the wrong flag)

Anyway, @MadMansGun, as I said before, if you feel like giving a shot at creating animated load screens for the mod, I'd be happy to include them :classic_shy:.

AnimatedLoadScreenFemaleCombat.nif

AnimatedLoadScreenFemaleCombat.max

On a semi-related note, I think a main menu replacer with an animated dragon kinda like that one would be pretty cool, but seeing Oda performing a self-BJ each and every time I run the game/load the menu (which happens a lot because of mod testing and CTDs) is too campy for me. What about one where he stands on a word wall (or even nothing at all) and simply looks badass and has random movements like blinking or breathing or looking around? Kinda like one of the many games with dynamic menu backgrounds.

Not saying NSFW animated load screen/menu replacers aren't nice (:classic_tongue:), but it would be great to have that SFW option too. Bonus points if there's an alternate version with Alduin instead.

it was mostly done as a test run for the concept, i can use any animation that i have ever made for the menu, i only used that one because it was the first animation that i have ever made (so now it's my first animated nif as well :mrgreen:).

and in theory i should be able to make animated objects now that are in themselves animated.

notes:

1. it's not Oda, it's just a common dragon.

2. Skyrim Dragons can't blink, they don't have eyelids.

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I do have an idea for a Main Menu replacer(not saying I have any problem with Yiffy Age's though...), but I of course have not thought about it being animated. 

Not too sure about the pose, but the basic idea is a Selachii which has a imperial banner draped over them in some way, and perhaps as expected, is only basically wearing that. Although despite looking, I have not seen any images that are even close to what I'm thinking. Though the only way I could think of adding animation to it, would be if perhaps if the banner was waving a bit, though that would be up to MMG.

35 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

I do have an idea for a Main Menu replacer(not saying I have any problem with Yiffy Age's though...), but I of course have not thought about it being animated. 

Not too sure about the pose, but the basic idea is a Selachii which has a imperial banner draped over them in some way, and perhaps as expected, is only basically wearing that. Although despite looking, I have not seen any images that are even close to what I'm thinking. Though the only way I could think of adding animation to it, would be if perhaps if the banner was waving a bit, though that would be up to MMG.

like this?:

Spoiler

flag.jpg

25 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

like this?:

Reveal hidden contents

flag.jpg

And there is me thinking to only check something like e621 to be as close as possible. But yes, like that. Just maybe having the flag/banner with the Imperial logo entirely visible, mostly to keep with having the logo on the menu, even if this would be on a banner instead of a forged and polished piece of steel or silver.  

Not sure if the vanilla Imperial banner mesh would be useful for this, or if the banner/flag would have to be done from scratch, though maybe the texture could still be used? Mostly just not to require including one, and so possibly the mesh is effected by retextures.

41 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Not sure if the vanilla Imperial banner mesh would be useful for this, or if the banner/flag would have to be done from scratch, though maybe the texture could still be used? Mostly just not to require including one, and so possibly the mesh is effected by retextures.

these are the ones i know of off hand:

ScreenShot1097.jpgenb 2018_06_30 21_54_23_65.jpg

these are the ones i know of off hand:

ScreenShot1097.jpgenb 2018_06_30 21_54_23_65.jpg

I was thinking about that second one. Not sure of it can be made similarly to the image you posted, but I think if the logo is still recognizable, then it basically works the same way. 

6 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

it's just a case of getting the right export settings for the job:

Huh. I guess it's the "Nif with Animation" part that does it? Then the problem with animated nifs must be that they can't be used for wearable/rigged items (and thus they can't be used for animated armor pieces like they were in Oblivion/FO), but statics are fine.

Since the menu replacer works and AFAIK regular load screen meshes use the same format, I assume any mesh built that way should still work, but have you tried it ingame anyway? Setting up a test load screen and forcing it to always appear so it doesn't take long to get to see it is pretty easy. Otherwise, I guess you could simply replace the main menu one as well to check.

Yeah, something like that I guess. (Managed to check it out by downloading NifSkope, though I still can't play Skyrim :classic_sad:).

it was mostly done as a test run for the concept, i can use any animation that i have ever made for the menu, i only used that one because it was the first animation that i have ever made (so now it's my first animated nif as well :mrgreen:).

and in theory i should be able to make animated objects now that are in themselves animated.

I see the point now, yes. And that part about animated animobjects sounds interesting.

notes:

1. it's not Oda, it's just a common dragon.

2. Skyrim Dragons can't blink, they don't have eyelids.

1. Derp. I don't know why I mixed them up. I think it's because all of your Max files and previews have always used him (and two of him for non-solo anims) so my mind just rolled with it, even after seeing the gif, lol :classic_wacko:.

2. Yeah, I only realized that way afterI posted it, and forgot to change it.

Hmm...I do like it, but maybe one in a sitting pose would be better, maybe in a sort of pose where she has one leg bent under the other, while the unbent leg is extended, with the banner laying over it. And maybe a herm version, either tenting the banner or having pushed it aside? Your choice though, the current one is still good.

Otherwise...

A few more load screen texts, and I think these will be the last ones. 

Behavior

Spoiler

There is only one known treatment for the insanity that can take hold of a Selachii, if they spend a long time in areas not close to water. This treatment is to spend days to a few weeks underwater, and only works if the condition is in the early stage, likely within the first or second week.

Selachii are able to spend a long time underwater, being able to stay submerged indefinitely, very much like their non-anthropomorphic counterparts

Being perfectly able to spend long lengths of time underwater, means that Selachii can also sleep underwater. When doing so, they are able to sense possible dangers, which will awaken them.

For these(and any other existing ones which it can fit), I would suggest a new mesh - a Selachii(of either gender), in a sort of loose fetal position like they are floating in water, with their eyes closed. No rush on this if you want to do it though, MMG.

Sexual

Spoiler

The majority of Selachii births will involve water - either near the sea, or in Selachii-made pools for this specific purpose. 

Also, a bit from a legend among the race, which is unlike the story I posted about a while ago, in that the race generally knows abut it, and no one is really sure how true it is, or what exactly it refers to.

Spoiler

And so shall you breathe life into these lands and seas, a perfect being that will bare children of your own making. You, a being of the stars, will create the eclipse, and find life, within.