SSE Criticism Thread

---snip---

Basically theres a bunch of kids running around screaming about some "inferior" game that is literally better in every way possible compared to the oldrim. Problem is, these numbskulls (more like brainless, but I'll be a little more polite) compare a full modded out game with 5 years to "perfect" to a re-released game that was built to be the stepping stone for Fallout 4, not be a game that was supposed to be a new release. Again, if these cry baby children did any reading or research or had a brain, they would understand. Unfortunately there is no cure for stupid, its an infectious disease that spreads like wildfire over the internet as I'm sure most of you already know.

Caution with these statements!!

what have you already done for the community? nothing!

Two posts written, full of insults, You must know I'm barking not only, I bite!

A word from me is enough and you go as you came, because you should also know, In my friend list are also moderators.  ;)

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/11/Fuck-you-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-GIF.gif

edit: if you're so super smart, then tell me who is the owner of Bethesda.

But not on the internet search!

Lol, threatening me because I bring up valid points while you continue to avoid all the things wrong with your statements?

Well played

Basically theres a bunch of kids running around screaming about some "inferior" game that is literally better in every way possible compared to the oldrim. Problem is, these numbskulls (more like brainless, but I'll be a little more polite) compare a full modded out game with 5 years to "perfect" to a re-released game that was built to be the stepping stone for Fallout 4, not be a game that was supposed to be a new release. Again, if these cry baby children did any reading or research or had a brain, they would understand. Unfortunately there is no cure for stupid, its an infectious disease that spreads like wildfire over the internet as I'm sure most of you already know.

Skyrm couldn't be perfect without 64bit engine, but now it can be. Wait till SKSE64 will come out.

---snip---

Caution with these statements!!

what have you already done for the community? nothing!

Two posts written, full of insults, You must know I'm barking not only, I bite!

A word from me is enough and you go as you came, because you should also know, In my friend list are also moderators.  ;)

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/11/Fuck-you-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-GIF.gif

edit: if you're so super smart, then tell me who is the owner of Bethesda.

But not on the internet search!

Lol, threatening me because I bring up valid points while you continue to avoid all the things wrong with your statements?

Well played

I do not threaten, I already said if it will too much for me Then I bite.

clear proofs, 64 bit is laughable, Why SSE with old energy (havok), why not NEW, Because Bethesda has nothing new.

And my question is not answered!

edit: so should look a contemporary Skyrim Remaster! but to Bethesda is incapable.

clear proofs, 64 bit is laughable, Why SSE with old energy (havok), why not NEW, Because Bethesda has nothing new.

What's the "new" alternative to Havok? They upgraded it to Havok 64bit... the only other option really is PhysX... and they are both accurate physics engines... one runs using CPU (Havok) and the other using GPU (PhysX)

PhysX is gimped in the fact it can only use one thread, where as Havok can utilize multicore threading.... but PhysX can achieve more with a single thread because of how GPUs work... but, at the end of the day.... one isnt necessarily better than the other.

And if they HAD switched to PhysX... or another physics system... it would likely have rendered all existing animations for Skyrim useless.

Oh, and your question... not that it has any bearing on anything....current president of Bethesda Softworks is Vlatko Andonov.

Also... its rather tastless to threaten people with "Friend Moderators" if you don't agree with them....

What's the "new" alternative to Havok? They upgraded it to Havok 64bit... the only other option really is PhysX... and they are both accurate physics engines... one runs using CPU (Havok) and the other using GPU (PhysX)

PhysX is gimped in the fact it can only use one thread, where as Havok can utilize multicore threading.... but PhysX can achieve more with a single thread because of how GPUs work... but, at the end of the day.... one isnt necessarily better than the other.

And if they HAD switched to PhysX... or another physics system... it would likely have rendered all existing animations for Skyrim useless.

Oh, and your question... not that it has any bearing on anything....current president of Bethesda Softworks is Vlatko Andonov.

Also... its rather tastless to threaten people with "Friend Moderators" if you don't agree with them....

looking again upwards.  ;)

looking again upwards.  ;)

Ahhh yes.... the Witcher 3... I do love how this game gets waved as some mythical weapon whenever tearing Bethesda a new butthole.... Its a beautiful engine.

The REDengine... CPR's inhouse engine.

REDengine 2, which was used for Witcher 2, used Havok and Scaleform just like Skyrim does... but REDengine 3 which was used for Witcher 3... that was created ENTIRELY as a 64 bit process... it doesnt have a 32 bit counterpart as far as I remember. It used PhysX as its Physics engine, by the way... though that likely has a lot to do with them sucking NVidia's cock with Witcher 3... and PhysX is an Nvidia subsiduary tech... along with the NVidia Hairworks and the NVidia APEX for cloth simulation that the game used.

Have you also noticed how very moddable Witcher 3 is as a platform?

---snip---

My standpoint is also clear here, A good game does not need mods.

superior still self, what Bethesda has done for SSE?

64bit = yes

Hair physics = No

clothing physics = No

landscape physics = No

far-sightedness = No

Shadow Quality = No

Plants and trees improved = No

improved combat system = No

It's Oldrim 64 bit and not more. These are clear facts!   ;)

---snip---

64bit = yes

Hair physics = No

clothing physics = No

landscape physics = No

far-sightedness = No

Shadow Quality = No

To be fair, there are mods that have worked on "fixing" those issues, mods that will benefit greatly with SEs 64bit build. Its not ground breaking or innovative, but its also just a re release... not a whole new game. Oh, and the getting it for free deal makes it all the more reason not to complain.

Also, skyrim (like most beth games) is an ok games on its own... but mods make it great. Not many games/studios can say the same.

SSE wasn't advertised as a new game we knew exactly what we were getting winny it surprises me that from the announcement of SSE til today that you're still whining about this, I know you're mad that bethesda hasn't released a new  elderscrolls game I mean it has only been what 5-6 years? Instead we get SSE which comes entirely way too late IMO but hell I would rather late then never.

I just don't see why argue about SSE bethesda doesn't owe you anything remember that, nor does any game company.

Skyrim is a good game it just isn't a great game I would compare it more too Mario Party as yeah its fun but its no Bioshock/Mass Effect.

I just don't see why argue about SSE bethesda doesn't owe you anything remember that, nor does any game company.

They owe you something from the moment you pay money for their products. SSE was pretty much marketed as "mods for consoles" so as far as this go expectations were fulfilled... except for PS4 players who were enticed to pre-order on something they weren't given. They are legally entitled to complain in this case.

For PC users, well it was free. I wonder how many of you would have bought SSE full price if they hadn't decided to give it to you. I doubt you would be that defensive of Bethesda had this been the case.

Before this thread devolves futher into grade-school level insults ("you're all kids", "muh mod friends will shut you up poo-poo heads" -- seriously guys?) I'll add that Bethesda is slowly slipping into EA or Ubisoft practices: encourage pre-orders above anything, block early reviews, force you to sign up to Beth.net for both the mod menu and the CK... This isn't about the value of the SSE by itself, it's the culmination of a lot of worrying signals sent over the years.

I really want this messed-up concept of "entitled gamer" to die already. Game journalists, and more disturbingly players themselves, tend to act like game companies are misunderstood charity workers bestowing video games to the masses out of the goodness of their heart, only selling the products because they need money to survive. This isn't how the world works.

I for one don't care about PS4 or XBOX players I don't see how they're at all relevant in a PC forum, so you're suggesting that if I pay money for a product that Bethesda is legally obligated to give me said product? I'll tell you what... I am learning ALOT from you, but that's not what I am talking about, I am saying that Bethesda doesn't need to make games for you or make it to your standards or even allow us too mod it. If you  guys took your heads out your asses for 2 seconds you would realize Bethesda is pretty good too us I don't know many companies who would release a program to mod their game. Main reason idiots hate Bethesda is because alot of their decisions are fueled with the intent to make money and lets face it they're a business I just can't understand how people can't wrap their head around this concept. Now if Bethesda was anywhere near EA level they would have made us pay for SSE but they made it free for PC users as a nod saying "You guys are alright thanks for modding our game" it was a gift not something you're entitled too.

Winny is bitching because SSE doesn't have all the bells and whistles they want, well tough luck no amount of bitching is going to change that. If you want to hate on Bethesda be my guest but your time might better be suited to yelling at a wall.

For one you're legally entitled to complain about anything doesn't mean it will do you any good. People with your mentality buy a game you don't like then you whine about it and lets face it people who do this are morons because you have every chance in the world to do research before buying a product.

PRO-TIP: Now if you don't like a company or a game don't buy their products you'll save yourself a headache.

---snip---

64bit = yes

Hair physics = No

clothing physics = No

landscape physics = No

far-sightedness = No

Shadow Quality = No

To be fair, there are mods that have worked on "fixing" those issues, mods that will benefit greatly with SEs 64bit build. Its not ground breaking or innovative, but its also just a re release... not a whole new game. Oh, and the getting it for free deal makes it all the more reason not to complain.

Also, skyrim (like most beth games) is an ok games on its own... but mods make it great. Not many games/studios can say the same.

You have just confirmed my point of view!

Who does something for SSE, Bethesda does not, because they are too STUPID, it are the modders the from a crappy game a good game make!

These modders deserve recognition, but certainly not Bethesda.

Please not again, Here in the thread was already written several times about it.

SSE is NOT for all PC users FREE.  ;)

SSE wasn't advertised as a new game we knew exactly what we were getting winny it surprises me that from the announcement of SSE til today that you're still whining about this, I know you're mad that bethesda hasn't released a new  elderscrolls game I mean it has only been what 5-6 years? Instead we get SSE which comes entirely way too late IMO but hell I would rather late then never.

Skyrim is a good game it just isn't a great game I would compare it more too Mario Party as yeah its fun but its no Bioshock/Mass Effect.

Skyrim a good game ????

I think I must puke!

If it is for you good is, then play it for 5 years only vanilla, without even a mod to use and then tell me if it's still good.

Skyrim was only good through his mods and I also stand for that.  ;)

Skyrim a good game ????

I think I must puke!

If it is for you good is, then play it for 5 years only vanilla, without even a mod to use and then tell me if it's still good.

Good not great, its pretty mediocre for the most part but it feels like it was a byproduct of an upcoming release date. I felt that they had alot of good ideas in this game that they never really got to fully capitalize but alas it just never met anyone's expectations.

if you want a better definition on what good is I can give it too you.

Good(Videogame) - A game that you find some enjoyment in but get bored after 50 hours of gameplay often because its repetitive and lacks challenge regret seeps in if you paid more than 30 dollars for this game.

I for one don't care about PS4 or XBOX players I don't see how they're at all relevant in a PC forum

They're the reason SSE even exist, dude.

so you're suggesting that if I pay money for a product that Bethesda is legally obligated to give me said product? I'll tell you what... I am learning ALOT from you, but that's not what I am talking about, I am saying that Bethesda doesn't need to make games for you or make it to your standards or even allow us too mod it.

Sure they don't need to make a game up to anyone's standards. But you need to promote certain strengths and qualities in a game to make people buy it and when the end result isn't on par which what was promised people have the right to be disappointed. This was the point and this seems to elude you.

Main reason idiots hate Bethesda is because alot of their decisions are fueled with the intent to make money and lets face it they're a business I just can't understand how people can't wrap their head around this concept.

"It's a business" is NOT and HAS NEVER BEEN a catch-all answer for criticism. Giving modders a paltry 25% cut to sell their mods was not a fair or honest business decision. Enticing pre-orders while withholding review copies just to make sure players will buy on brand recognition alone is not a fair or honest decision.

Making money is not fundamentally right (it's not fundamentally wrong either). You should work on your reading comprehension before insulting people.

Now if Bethesda was anywhere near EA level they would have made us pay for SSE but they made it free for PC users as a nod saying "You guys are alright thanks for modding our game" it was a gift not something you're entitled too.

It wasn't a gift, it was a business decision. They sold SSE on "mods for console". The marketing campaign was all about this. It's unlikely PC modders would have bought the SSE full price (a question you didn't reply to, btw, would you have bought it yourself?) and Bethesda knew this. They needed mods on console ASAP.

Worth nothing the "free if you own all DLC" only applied to PC users. If you owned it on a Xbox360 and want mods on your XBox1 you still need to shell out the full price. It's not EA level yet, but I didn't say it was: I said they are getting there. Again, READ before insulting others.

Lastly, Bethesda need modders. Their reputation by now is firmly linked to the modding community and if they withdraw all mod support, it will be bad for them. Stop talking like they're doing us a favor, they are not. People like you are the root of the problem.

For one you're legally entitled to complain about anything doesn't mean it will do you any good. People with your mentality buy a game you don't like then you whine about it and lets face it people who do this are morons because you have every chance in the world to do research before buying a product.

PRO-TIP: Now if you don't like a company or a game don't buy their products you'll save yourself a headache.

This part I agree with. Pre-order mentality is harmful and toxic. You should never buy a game blind and always try before you buy. Publishers do their best to make you, but don't let them! Even on Steam, there's a refund policy. Time your purchase so you have enough free time to play and make a decision and if it's as bad, get your money back. I did that for Fallout 4 and don't regret it one bit.

But seriously dude, tone down the rage a bit.

Skyrim a good game ????

I think I must puke!

Good not great, its pretty mediocre for the most part but it feels like it was a byproduct of an upcoming release date. I felt that they had alot of good ideas in this game that they never really got to fully capitalize but alas it just never met anyone's expectations.

if you want a better definition on what good is I can give it too you.

Good(Videogame) - A game that you find some enjoyment in but get bored after 50 hours of gameplay often because its repetitive and lacks challenge regret seeps in if you paid more than 30 dollars for this game.

For me, these games are GOOD and there are also the games, the I am currently playing.

Dragon Age Series, The Witcher Serie, These games have something special what is missing in each Elder Scroll.

An ongoing and good story, every companion in DA has its own history and your decisions have an impact on everything.

Everything you do in these games has to follow in your environment, whether you are loved or hated, it is up to you.

I play Skyrim already for two years no longer, It has become boring despite the many mods.  ;)

They're the reason SSE even exist, dude.

The reason SSE exists is because of how amazing the modding community for Skyrim is if it wasn't for all the PC mods there wouldn't even be a Skyrim Special Edition for which them to capitalize on. I am saying arguing over xbx/ps problems here makes absolutely not sense.

Sure they don't need to make a game up to anyone's standards. But you need to promote certain strengths and qualities in a game to make people buy it and when the end result isn't on par which what was promised people have the right to be disappointed. This was the point and this seems to elude you.

Sure they can be disappointing but with the release of SSE there were no false promises on which weren't delivered on check out the trailer it tells you exactly what was added for some reason people are confused thinking it is a completely different game and to those people I say look up the definition of remastered.

"It's a business" is NOT and HAS NEVER BEEN a catch-all answer for criticism. Giving modders a paltry 25% cut to sell their mods was not a fair or honest business decision. Enticing pre-orders while withholding review copies just to make sure players will buy on brand recognition alone is not a fair or honest decision.

Making money is not fundamentally right (it's not fundamentally wrong either). You should work on your reading comprehension before insulting people.

If you feel insulted than you really need to toughen up for one I am telling you how I feel and if I feel you're an idiot than honestly thats just my opinion, now yes I think it was a shit system and glad it failed.

But thinking that a Company isn't out to make money is a bit naive I must say the cut proposed was absolute shit but again it was a business proposition and unlike any business decision it up to the modder/user whether or not they think the price is too steep.

It wasn't a gift, it was a business decision. They sold SSE on "mods for console". The marketing campaign was all about this. It's unlikely PC modders would have bought the SSE full price (a question you didn't reply to, btw, would you have bought it yourself?) and Bethesda knew this. They needed mods on console ASAP.

Worth nothing the "free if you own all DLC" only applied to PC users. If you owned it on a Xbox360 and want mods on your XBox1 you still need to shell out the full price. It's not EA level yet, but I didn't say it was: I said they are getting there. Again, READ before insulting others.

Lastly, Bethesda need modders. Their reputation by now is firmly linked to the modding community and if they withdraw all mod support, it will be bad for them. Stop talking like they're doing us a favor, they are not. People like you are the root of the problem.

I would have bought it for $25 any higher than that no I wouldn't have but alternatively if modders didn't want to support the new platform I wouldn't have bough it for a $1. Anything thats free I consider a gift regardless if it was a business decision or not I just no there is no limits to human greed.

I didn't imply that you said they were at EA level I was just saying that to even compare them at all is a travesty, EA is scum. 

Well lets just say we are in a relationship with bethesda, they allow us to mod their games but they also get to capitalize on what we create I honestly don't see whats wrong with that both player/company get what they want, I would rather have that then have them try to shut down anyone trying to mod their game like Rockstar. 

But seriously dude, tone down the rage a bit.

I am a passionate speaker in real life and it comes off in my writing, I assure you I am not actually raging but i'll tone it down a bit but to be honest I don't think our points of view are too different from eachother I agree what you're saying for the most part. 

The reason SSE exists is because of how amazing the modding community for Skyrim is if it wasn't for all the PC mods there wouldn't even be a Skyrim Special Edition for which them to capitalize on. I am saying arguing over xbx/ps problems here makes absolutely not sense.

Ok let's try this again.

- We're arguing over Bethesda's business practics.

- Consoles provide the majority of the sales of original Skyrim.

- Beth releases a remastered edition free to PC users with all the DLC (almost everyone).

- Because of the above point, the crushing majority of sales comes from XB1 and PS4.

- Modders are heavily pushed toward making mods for consoles, especially since you need a Beth.net account todownload the CK.

How in the world are consoles "not relevant"? On the contrary Beth makes console games. They're the primary target audience. The marketing campaign was exclusively about them and rightly so, as the PC players aren't even expected to buy it.

Surely you don't believe the SSE is just a "gift" to thank the modders? If so, I have a lot of bridges to sell you. 

But thinking that a Company isn't out to make money is a bit naive I must say the cut proposed was absolute shit but again it was a business proposition and unlike any business decision it up to the modder/user whether or not they think the price is too steep.

Where did I say they shouldn't make money? I said there are dishonest practics and they've been guilty of them.

Don't have time to answer more of the post atm, but there's a bunch I agree with. Will see later.

I understand what you're saying and its true SSE is made for XB1 and PS4 but what I am saying is it wouldn't have even been possible with out PC modding. Consoles aren't relevant to our conversation my initial argument was centered at PC players bitching you're the one who wants to bring paid modding/consoles etc etc in an argument that wasn't even directed at you.

You jumped into the argument and changed the narrative you want to make a conversation about XB1 and PS4 users? Well I am sorry I don't own either so arguing about console users having to pay for a game is either good or bad i'll tell you I have absolute no interest in that discussion. I never said that XB1 PS4 users weren't relevant when it came to SSE or Bethesda for that matter I am saying in has no place in any conversation that you could ever have with me.

I answered this anything in life thats free is a gift regardless of the "intentions" for example you give your girlfriend flowers so she will maybe have sex with you, just because you gave the gift with the "intention" that you would get something out of it doesn't make it any less of a gift it doesn't change its meaning. Thats what I believe you can go on and on about their "evil" intentions all you want but it will never change my opinion.

They're not dishonest everything they have done hasn't broke the law as far as I know, even if its sleezy it doesn't make them dishonest. You're equating someone saying "Hey put your apples on my stand i'll give you 25%" to someone saying "Hey put your apples on my stand i'l give you 100%, SIKE now that they're on here you only get 25%" nothing Bethesda did was hidden in anyway they were very transparent every mod author knew the cut/deal they were getting it wasn't being dishonest it was just being greedy/sleezy.

-snip-

Thanks for keeping the thread going shira, I was getting worn out. But I have to say a couple things. Firstly I think just about anyone with salt(from against or for sse) should tone it down. Honestly although bad, beth has not done anything since payed modding that in my opinion is even worth wasting salt on. The other; I was one who brought up ea in the first place, and at least personally, they definitely don't feel they are anywhere comparable to how bad ea is. I was simply saying that if game companies aren't help up to standards, then ea is the result. I don't want beth to become ea.  

(this was addressed to both sides)

-snip-

What if I don't love my girlfriend, and for the past 4 years have been giving her steady gifts and attention just so she won't leave me and continue to sleep with me? Because although those are gifts, that is some hardcore manipulation. Beth definitely didn't do anything that drastic, but the fact of the matter is, it was less of the social etiquette of; I give you stuff, you give me stuff, and more along the lines of; I want mods for console release, so I better give them free copies. Now granted in this scenario it's not so bad, and even though I have all the dlc and have bought the legendary 3 times, I would be willing to pay up to maybe $30 for sse. I more have a problem with beth going behind our backs and treating us like we can't be trusted. If beth had asked the modding community to volunteer to make mods for the console release, I guarantee I a lot of modders, who'd have loved to. But instead they give us a free copy(not everyone) and they start a beta that everyone thinks will be used improve the cre-kit and instead is used to make sure mods are ready for console release. So if they asked us to make mods for consoles, many of us would have done it for free, but them trying to trick us into it, is what really upsets me. It should also be pointed out, that I did some research and have actually come to forgive them a little more for the beta, as it seems like maybe they were just under-staffed during the beta. Although they mostly ignored the beta-modders at the time, many of the things that they had reported during the beta are now being taken into account for possible patching by beth, so maybe they just had no way of responding to all the bug reports, because making sure the game's release goes off without a hitch is more important than fixing a couple short term bugs. 

-snip-

Honestly, that's fine. I'm worn out. But I wanted make the ea point clear. I brought ea in the first place, but I definitely didn't think beth is as bad as ea.

edit: For politeness, I removed the quote. But don't worry, I didn't take it as rude. Having detailed conversations on things gets tiring.

Shit sorry that came off mean you got it before I could erase it xD anyway I am too tired for this is what I mean without looking at your post, cheers have a good night.

I answered this anything in life thats free is a gift regardless of the "intentions" for example you give your girlfriend flowers so she will maybe have sex with you, just because you gave the gift with the "intention" that you would get something out of it doesn't make it any less of a gift it doesn't change its meaning. Thats what I believe you can go on and on about their "evil" intentions all you want but it will never change my opinion.

sse is more like buying a cow to your girlfriend expecting she make a barbecue from it