What is\Where is - Searches and Requests thread.

3 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

Are there any mods that improve progression in factions / guilds?
Some time ago I found a mod that forced you to do 2-3 side missions in a faction / guild before moving on to the main one. You know what it's called?

sounds like the "Not so fast" Things. Like not so fast mage guild. I only know of this one and one for the companions called  Companions earn your stripes.

The first one does it a bit different where you would have some days until the quests start, the later does what you describe.

SE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13965

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5686

LE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64633

(couldn't find the Companion mod for Le.)

5 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

Are there any mods that improve progression in factions / guilds?
Some time ago I found a mod that forced you to do 2-3 side missions in a faction / guild before moving on to the main one. You know what it's called?

You have these ones for SE :

Companions : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22650 (worked fine in SE)
TG : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33256

Does anyone know of a voiced female follower/companion that "talks dirty"?  A girl that will upfront ask the Dovakhin to f*ck her, and other acts.

I don't need a 10,000-line mega-follower. 

I'm aware of Sofia, Misty, Alicia P, and the usual crowd.

Just wondering if I might have missed a new girl, or one not on the usual channels, or one in the creation stage.

Thanks!

So I've been trying to make this change myself, but I haven't really been able to find out how to do it. I'm hoping maybe someone can point me towards a guide, or maybe just do it for me if they have the skills.

I decided to make my most recent character a vampire. She's an a heavy melee character that buffs herself with Alteration magic. So in pretty much every fight, she's using an armor spell (Oakflesh, Stoneflesh, Ironflesh, Ebonyflesh) and has that blue-green shader effect covering her body. The color doesn't really work for a vampire though. My idea was to change the color of the Ebonyflesh spell (since not many NPCs have it) to be blood-red instead. >:3

I thought it would be an easy change to make. Just pop into the creation kit and change the colors in the entries you find under SpecialEffect > EffectShader. Unfortunately, changing the colors there had no effect at all in-game. I've tried looking up tutorials for changing the color of spell effects, but all the examples I could find were dealing with projectile effects rather than shader effects. So I'm out of ideas, unless someone here can help!

2 hours ago, arshesney said:

There's a texture linked to the effect by looking in xedit, that might be what gives the color. You can check FleshFX mod out, which changes the various *flesh effects and reverse engineer from there.

I will check that out!

Edit: Actually, that mod looks pretty darn good as it is! Maybe I'll just use that, instead of doing my idea! Thanks for pointing it out!

On 5/15/2021 at 5:38 AM, Vyxenne said:

I converted @elxdark 's 7BO/UUNP AIO version to SSE and built it in BS, morphing it to my body shape. The upper parts of this dress are superbly done, but sadly, I can't fix the bone weights on the front flaps, so they wad up between my legs, glued solidly to my inner thighs (shut UP, @Grey Cloud ) and looking horribad as I walk. I tried removing and then repainting the Thigh weights, but alas, either I'm too ham-fisted to do it right or there's something wrong with the mesh. Also, for some reason I thought they were SMP physics-enabled, but they're not. I ended up uninstalling the mod.

The reason I'm posting this info in response to your query about another version (CBBE 3Bxx conversions) is that whatever you find will probably have the same issue in front. Just letting you know to be on the lookout for that problem.

That does sound like a big problem, especially if you tried to fix it yourself and couldn't. I only know how to do some basic weightpainting so if you couldn't fix it, I doubt I could do much better.

Either way, thanks for the heads up, Vyxenne, I appreciate it. I guess some things just aren't meant to be lol.

19 hours ago, Gukahn said:

sounds like the "Not so fast" Things. Like not so fast mage guild. I only know of this one and one for the companions called  Companions earn your stripes.

The first one does it a bit different where you would have some days until the quests start, the later does what you describe.

SE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13965

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5686

LE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64633

(couldn't find the Companion mod for Le.)

Probably the mod of the Companions you posted is just the one I found some time ago.
Thank you!

Forgive the double post. I have a somewhat particular request.

Is there a way to enchant weapons or armor without doing it regularly in the game? What is the best way?

My intentions are mainly to put the same enchantments as vanilla armor on the armor added by mods, which often have no enchantment.

1 hour ago, Balmung889 said:

Forgive the double post. I have a somewhat particular request.

Is there a way to enchant weapons or armor without doing it regularly in the game? What is the best way?

My intentions are mainly to put the same enchantments as vanilla armor on the armor added by mods, which often have no enchantment.

It's not difficult, but extremely tedious: enchanted versions are just a duplicate with an attached effect. If you take a look at armor records in skyrim.esm you'll notice a ton of EnchArmor* records, as an example EnchArmorHideShieldResistShock01 "Hide Shield of Resist Shock" [ARMO:0007A15A] is identical to the standard ArmorHideShield "Hide Shield" [ARMO:00013914] with the exception of the Object Effect that's EnchArmorResistShock01 "Resist Shock" [ENCH:0004950D].

So in CK or xedit you duplicate an existing armor, rename it and attach the effect. It could be probably automated with an xedit script or a synthesis/zedit patcher, but I don't know of any.

2 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

Over the years, I've seen a number of mods which allow you to move enchantments from one item to another.  I don't currently use anything like that, but searching Nexus turned up Enchantment Swapper:  "With Wylandriah's notes on "Arcane Enchanter Basics" activating an Arcane Enchanter lets you transfer existing enchantments between items or rename an item without using the Enchanting skill."  Will that do it for you?

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Does anyone know of an SSE mod that not only cuts down the "Jobs" grind to one per hold BUT ALSO prevents Vex and Delvin from assigning quests in holds that have already been completed?

It's not down to just one, but Thieves' Night on the Town will give you five jobs at once (one of each type) and let you choose which hold to go after.  "OK, Vex, give me everything you've got in Winterhold." or whatever.