32 minutes ago, SlitherHence said:

No character in the game, including your own, has physics enabled hairs when you start the game. When you create your character you'll have to select a non-physics enabled hair first then add a physics enabled wig to your inventory with something like AddItemMenu and equip it. When you equip the wig it will replace the non-physics hair you selected during character creation with the physics enabled wig.

Followers work the same way. If the mod says apachii skyhair is required, then it likely means that the "character creation hair" for that follower is from apachii skyhair. But, if you can get the follower to wear a wig you give them... then their base hair will be replaced by the physics enabled wig. The trick is getting them to equip the wig and not replace it. The old follower overhauls used to have options to tell a follower to wear a specific clothing or armor item... which you could use on the wig. I don't know if the current generation of follower overhauls do or not. Generally speaking... npcs wear the best item in their inventory for a given slot. Wigs generally take up the helmet slot.

tl;dr - no, a mod requiring a non-physics enabled hair does not preclude giving that follower physics enabled hair.

So... because I'm newbie  to "all physics-in everything" stuff...
The physics hair is like AN OBJECT or SPELL I'm sharing to my followers or on me? Is not something that after the mods' installation are ALREADY ON the NPCs & my character??

Hi everyone,

I'm back to Skyrim after almost a year and I'm reinstalling all the mods from scratch.

I've always used UNPB or 7B with TBBP or CBP but after seeing some gifs I decided to use, for the first time, UUNP with HDT.
I have copied the UUNP files from the old bodyslide to that of SSE (thanks Vyxenne for your miniguide!) and I installed the two HDT plugins that I updated to version 1.5.97
Now, from what I understood by reading in several topics, I should install an xml file for UUNP and add the reference in "defaultBBPs".

Is that all I have left to do? And where can I find this xml file for uunp?

Btw, I've already build uunp meshes, installed xpmse, 360 walk&run anims, run fnis and everything works fine in game (no bounce of course)

Thanks in advance

Random question, but since I am using both and someone has problems running their CBBE physics, I need to ask

Is having both HDT-PE and HDT-SMP at the same time a bad thing? My UUNP is working with both of them and everything's cool so far, then again it did took me lots of testing and trying out, and I am also using the newest HDTSSE-Physics and HDTSSE-Framework and hair is working, too. But that person is telling me he has Skeleton, RaceMenu, FNIS, CBBE and SMP and the two updated HDTSSEs aforementioned, and physics doesn't work for him.

5 minutes ago, dragonvale said:

Hi everyone,

I'm back to Skyrim after almost a year and I'm reinstalling all the mods from scratch.

I've always used UNPB or 7B with TBBP or CBP but after seeing some gifs I decided to use, for the first time, UUNP with HDT.
I have copied the UUNP files from the old bodyslide to that of SSE (thanks Vyxenne for your miniguide!) and I installed the two HDT plugins that I updated to version 1.5.97
Now, from what I understood by reading in several topics, I should install an xml file for UUNP and add the reference in "defaultBBPs".

Btw, I've already build uunp meshes, installed xpmse, 360 walk&run anims, run fnis and everything works fine in game (no bounce of course)

Thanks in advance

Since I went recently to UUNP path, and had someone here to help me out really good, but not want to bother him, I decided to upload all of the mods+steps about how to make the UUNP possible working with physics. The upload will take me around 3 hours give or take and the file size is 7GB with many zips of the mods inside, if you could wait, I can upload it here from my GDrive if you want, but I also must speak with the person to get permission first.

18 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

Since I went recently to UUNP path, and had someone here to help me out really good, but not want to bother him, I decided to upload all of the mods+steps about how to make the UUNP possible working with physics. The upload will take me around 3 hours give or take and the file size is 7GB with many zips of the mods inside, if you could wait, I can upload it here from my GDrive if you want, but I also must speak with the person to get permission first.

7.21 Giga Watts?!? ?

Jokes aside, there's no problem, I can wait and test other mods in the meantime, thanks. But... do I need all the files you upload (as long as you have permission) to start using hdt?

4 minutes ago, dragonvale said:

7.21 Giga Watts?!? ?

Jokes aside, there's no problem, I can wait and test other mods in the meantime, thanks. But... do I need all the files you upload (as long as you have permission) to start using hdt?

Yes, the electricity is a really dangerous thing, good thing that we're talking about Gigabytes though. lol

And, depends. If you know what you're doing/need, you won't have to use like 70% of them. If you are not sure/don't know/wanna try something new, then I'd suggest you to use MO2 and make a clean new profile and install there all the mods I have in the order I have put them in folders. I also made some notes so you can see and check, and everything important/high priority is having a number before it. Also, as a bonus, I downloaded and include the video of guide of the original helper, I just asked them if I can get permission to upload. 

32 minutes ago, hashigicc9 said:

Random question, but since I am using both and someone has problems running their CBBE physics, I need to ask

Is having both HDT-PE and HDT-SMP at the same time a bad thing? My UUNP is working with both of them and everything's cool so far, then again it did took me lots of testing and trying out, and I am also using the newest HDTSSE-Physics and HDTSSE-Framework and hair is working, too. But that person is telling me he has Skeleton, RaceMenu, FNIS, CBBE and SMP and the two updated HDTSSEs aforementioned, and physics doesn't work for him.

To my knowledge a body is only going to use physics it has support for , They need to build CBBE physics or special in bodyslide for it to work (if they are only using CBBE Body replacer) and they should only have HDTFramework and HDTPhysics(Which is actually SMP) , If they can't get either working they can use CBPC Physics

also SMP is an updated version of PE but most downloads of "physics" will actually be SMP

7 minutes ago, sleacysz said:

To my knowledge a body is only going to use physics it has support for , They need to build CBBE physics or special in bodyslide for it to work (if they are only using CBBE Body replacer) and they should only have HDTFramework and HDTPhysics(Which is actually SMP) , If they can't get either working they can use CBPC Physics

also SMP is an updated version of PE but most downloads of "physics" will actually be SMP

So, it IS bad to have and use both of them at the same time + the HDT Framework and Physics, correct? Damn, now I feel bad for sending them the files and telling them to try it out. I have them all on mine and it works, somehow. lol

But I am using UUNP, and all of the stuff are for UUNP support. Will do give your reply to him, thanks.

IS someone still going make all one UNP HDT setup then? lol Just wondering where this ideas going too :). I did fresh installed for baddog modded files going give another go with other files soon. Darn copy and paste hurrys up. It takes long time copy those pex and nif files on even fast SSD lol

1 hour ago, dragonvale said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

You can try looking here, there are two files for bodyslides with physics support , I don't use UNP so I wouldn't know

8 hours ago, lupus_hegemonia said:

The physics hair is like AN OBJECT or SPELL I'm sharing to my followers or on me? Is not something that after the mods' installation are ALREADY ON the NPCs & my character??

As far as the game engine is concerned... the physics-enabled hairs (wigs) are actually helmets/hoods. Like "hide helmet" helmet. Equipable armor/clothing. So yes, like an object. And like all helmets the hair that is part of the follower/player character themselves is hidden when the wig (helmet) is worn.

Click the spoiler to see a screenshot of an equipped wig from Dint's hairpack (wig 10). It's an actual armor item. I equip it like I would a helmet and it actually gives me 11 armor. Once equiped... if you have HDT-SMP setup correctly... your character will have physics-enabled hair.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7de600ec9aede4f583f3e8c73e7ed5b9.png

3 hours ago, SlitherHence said:

As far as the game engine is concerned... the physics-enabled hairs (wigs) are actually helmets/hoods. Like "hide helmet" helmet. Equipable armor/clothing. So yes, like an object. And like all helmets the hair that is part of the follower/player character themselves is hidden when the wig (helmet) is worn.

Click the spoiler to see a screenshot of an equipped wig from Dint's hairpack (wig 10). It's an actual armor item. I equip it like I would a helmet and it actually gives me 11 armor. Once equiped... if you have HDT-SMP setup correctly... your character will have physics-enabled hair.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.7de600ec9aede4f583f3e8c73e7ed5b9.png

Hmmm ... I see. So it's an "equipped object".

On 12/4/2019 at 3:10 PM, lupus_hegemonia said:

You are overthinking this for some reason- The wigs (physics or not) are equippable objects just like any other equippable armor or clothing item. They take up a Biped Slot just like any helm. Some are slotted into the Circlet slot, so if your circlet disappears when you equip the wig you will know that wig mod's wigs are slotted into the circlet slot. They are not spells, and they are not "automatically" on anyone after you install the mod, any more than armor and clothing is "automatically" on anyone after you install those mods- you have to equip them, or somehow force-equip them onto followers or NPCs. They work exactly the same way as armor and clothing- you give them to your followers to wear just the same way you would give them a dress or a slutty garter belt to wear.

There are a couple of "make any NPC wear what you want them to wear" mods that are not limited to followers. However, for your followers, you are better off using your follower management mod to manage their clothing, using any NPC redressing mod for non-follower NPCs.

You can also force any NPC to wear anthing in your game using a console command. However, the downside of force-equipping an item onto any NPC is that they are likely to change back into their default item for that slot when you fast-travel or go through any load door. That's just the way Skyrim works. Here is the command:

<RefID>.equipitem <FormID>

So, for example, to make Lydia, whose RefID is a2c94, equip a LUX Carlotta: Sultry (Burgundy), which is 4e012fe9 in my game, I would enter

a2c94.equipitem 4e012fe9

Note that there is no <Quantity> argument for the equipitem command. There is some discussion speculating that appending a 1 as an optional parameter might make the equipment change persistent through load doors, but that seems to be more speculation than tested fact. I have personally tried it and it did not work for me. Also, note that the equipitem command spawns the item on the target, so there is no need for you to have a copy of the item in your inventory, nor in the NPCs inventory.

Nether's Follower Framework is a very lightweight Follower management mod that has the option for you to force your followers (but not non-follower NPCs) to wear whatever you want them to wear even if it is not the best armor they have for that slot, and to keep it equipped when you go through load doors, which is the big downside of just giving them something to wear. NFF also has functionality to force-recruit pretty much any named NPC as a follower- and, like all of the follower managers, NFF allows you to have many followers at the same time and to assign them to any of your homes. I tried EFF and AFT and found that I didn't use 90% of the complex features they provide, so I switched to Nether's.

TL; DR: Wigs are just hairy helms.

What's with the hdt-smp 1.5.97 if it was abandoned at 80 - Did hydrogen release source code or was it just recreated? If that the case then will it be compiled for Skyrim VR? Basically i've just came out of a bunker and cant find the info on that for a day already...

54 minutes ago, Foxyzu said:

What's with the hdt-smp 1.5.97 if it was abandoned at 80 - Did hydrogen release source code or was it just recreated? If that the case then will it be compiled for Skyrim VR? Basically i've just came out of a bunker and cant find the info on that for a day already...

aers patched it to 1.5.97, it's not been officially updated , you can download the already updated framework and hdt from my earlier post

or download .80 and patch it yourself with aers github patcher https://github.com/aers/HDT-SMP-Patcher