Don't know where else to post it, but the Inari SMP tail SMP is perfect. The haircolor script seems to shit the bed with 4.10 Racemenu for somereason somehow, and it's like 75% to crash on mesh equip and removal, as well as Racemenu entry. I found removing the script entirely solved the issue but had to start an entirely new save as the other was hosed. (Low level test character. I spent a day trying to figure out why a flawless SMP'd item was crashing so much.) 

Bonus Round: Nifskope "cleans" like 153 "bogus" nodes and strings from the mesh (100kb~ or so worth) yet SMP is still flawless afterwards. I'd done both at once as a last ditch effort as I couldn't find anything wrong (as I understood it) so perhaps it was related. I'm too lazy to check really after so many restarts and tinkerings from it already. 

3 hours ago, jjef231 said:

where would the new version be posted, here?

Here and here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/modpiracy/comments/a202ch/sse_hdtsmp_framework_and_physics_1553/

The best strategy for this in the future is to block the Bethesda update by playing offline until a patch is posted.  Regardless, it's a lot of work either to stay offline permanently or update all of the mods broken (I had a dozen) by Bethesda when the update the creation club content.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:02 PM, SlitherHence said:

P.S. I realize this is not really a support thread. Should I take my troubles with hdt-smp elsewhere?

Since there is no actual SMP support thread anywhere that I know of, I would say that this thread is as good as any... and better than most. :classic_biggrin:

Hi, I am hoping I can get some guidance on using HDT High Heels please? I have not updated yet (still running skse 2.0.16) and have downloaded and installed the 3 HDT files for that version. I have two problems, one that says I have failed plugins (The failed plugins are: hdtSSEFramework version 1 (hdtSSEFramework.dll, HDT SSE Framework 1 5 80) disabled, fatal error occurred while loading plugin.) and the other is that I have heeled boots that are sinking into the floor and the MCM menu will not allow me to correct it (or I simply don't know how to use it but I really don't think it is doing anything at all). The mod in question requires HDT High Heels. I have Googled for a couple of days now trying to understand how this works with no luck. I stumbled on this thread and hope someone here can assist. I have even tried the RaceMenu High Heels plugin thinking that could be a work around but the instructions I have found for Outfit Studio or Nifscope are written for people experienced with those tools and I am not one of them. This is for SSE by the way and thanks in advance for any help.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:08 PM, XenoDrake said:

All in all, XPMSE instructions explicitly state it should overwrite everything. He says that because most mods have outdated XPMSE skeletons included. You should be using common sense and overwrite most things besides required mods.

Hmm, so it’s really going to be a case by case basis but generally don’t let anything fuck with the basic skeleton.  Makes sense.  Thanks.

But wait, what do I do with Realistic Ragdolls then?  It’s overwriting the basic skele.

On 11/27/2019 at 4:12 AM, Charlves said:

Still no HDT-SMP update?  My sse was pretty much nuked because dumbass steam changed my update settings back to auto update this game.  Without HDT-SMP new version.  MY sse will be collecting dust.  Just have to wait.

There’s a way to go back to the previous .exe of Skyrim and everything works again. 

1 hour ago, no_way said:

Hmm, so it’s really going to be a case by case basis but generally don’t let anything fuck with the basic skeleton.  Makes sense.  Thanks.

But wait, what do I do with Realistic Ragdolls then?  It’s overwriting the basic skele.

opera_2019-11-29_15-52-04.png

It says pretty clearly at the top of the Realistic Ragdolls description to let XPMSSE overwrite Realistic Ragdolls and Force.

There should literally only be a handful of mods in existence that should not be overwritten by XPMSSE, so you know. Like I said, almost nobody custom makes their own skeleton. Always overwrite unless a mod states explicitly to overwrite XPMSE and explains why you should.

5 hours ago, gfitz3 said:

Hi, I am hoping I can get some guidance on using HDT High Heels please? I have not updated yet (still running skse 2.0.16) and have downloaded and installed the 3 HDT files for that version. I have two problems, one that says I have failed plugins (The failed plugins are: hdtSSEFramework version 1 (hdtSSEFramework.dll, HDT SSE Framework 1 5 80) disabled, fatal error occurred while loading plugin.) and the other is that I have heeled boots that are sinking into the floor and the MCM menu will not allow me to correct it (or I simply don't know how to use it but I really don't think it is doing anything at all). The mod in question requires HDT High Heels. I have Googled for a couple of days now trying to understand how this works with no luck. I stumbled on this thread and hope someone here can assist. I have even tried the RaceMenu High Heels plugin thinking that could be a work around but the instructions I have found for Outfit Studio or Nifscope are written for people experienced with those tools and I am not one of them. This is for SSE by the way and thanks in advance for any help.

Based on my own research the general wisdom is to use racemenu high heels (based on NiOverride included in Racemenu?) instead of hdt's. I've had good luck so far with outfits that have high heels using just this and not hdtHH. I think the racemenu approach tends to be better supported by SexLab Framework mods as well (possibly related to the problem you are having). But I'm a relative noob on this subject myself so someone else might want to chime in to correct me.

Also, are you using a fully updated Skyrim (v1.5.97)? For SKSE 2.0.16 you need to use Skyrim 1.5.80. Same applies to the current hdtSSE dlls (you need hdtSSEPhysics.dll as well).

36 minutes ago, chinmokuart said:

If my SKSE is updated to the latest version, do you think it'd still work if I rolled Skyrim back to .80?

No. HDT will still not work if you do that and SKSE 2.0.17 itself, along with any mods depending on it, aren't likely to work well with Skyrim 1.5.80. Your SKSE and Skyrim and any mods with SKSE plugins must all be version matched. You want SKSE 2.0.16 and Skyrim 1.5.80... or you have to live without HDT for now. That's just how it has to be. The HDT-SMP update could land tomorrow or never... So I'd roll back if I were you.

If you are using a decent mod manager reverting your mods and SKSE shouldn't be that hard. Look in your Data\SKSE folder. If a mod has a dll (dynamic link library) file in there then that mod needs to be matched to the version SKSE you have installed. As a rule of thumb mods that don't add .dll files somewhere don't care about the version of SKSE or Skyrim.

13 hours ago, gfitz3 said:

So many issues here-

1. All 3 of the HDT-SMP files are SKSE64-version dependent. As of yesterday, none of them has been updated to support the current versions of SSE and SKSE64 (1.5.97 / 2.0.17). Therefore, if, despite what you posted, Bethesda/Steam have somehow managed to shove SSE 1.5.97 up your ToddHoward, even if you updated SKSE64, there is no version of the HDT files that will work. Therefore, you must block updates and revert your game to 1.5.80 / 2.0.16 in order to have any possibility of HDT-SMP physics working. I have written mini-guides on how to do both if you want them.
  2. All 3 HDT-SMP files are mod-manager installable in the usual way (single mouse click "Install"), but SKSE64 is not, at least not without changing some arcane settings in your mod manager, which explains why the most common problem with SKSE-dependent mods is incorrect SKSE64 installation- specifically, failure to copy the scripts to Data\Scripts. I also have a boilerplate mini-guide on foolproof installation of SKSE64 if you want that.
  3. High-heel mods that use the HDT-HH offset system require hdtHighHeel.esm to be installed or the mod won't work (best case) or the game will CTD on launch (worst case.) The fact that you are getting in the game with a mod that has hdtHighHeel.esm as a Master means that at least some version of hdtHighHeel.esm is present. That said, you didn't mention specifically why you can't add the boots to HDT-HH using the MCM- is the whole MCM broken? Does the HDT-HH section of the MCM work OK on all footwear except the boots in question? Or are those boots in particular the only ones that are not interactable in the HDT-HH MCM?
  4. In order for NiO High Heels Offset to work, the boots meshes (both the low and high-weight if present) must have a NiFloatExtraData named "HH_OFFSET" with Data showing the height adjustment amount in unspecified units- values of 4-12 are common. On the other hand, HDT-HH shoes require a Spell and a Magic Effect in the plugin, which is why they require hdtHighHeel.esm as a Master. Therefore, it is vanishingly unlikely that the meshes of any footwear designed for HDT-HH would have the NiO NiFloatExtraData node. So, as a general rule, NiOverride will not work on shoe mods designed for HDT-HH.

Now that I have bored you to tears with the details, I suspect a version mismatch between your game, SKSE64 and/or HDT-SMP. But without more detail from you (see #3 above) I can't say much more than that. Undoubtedly someone with a lot more expertise will be along shortly. :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, SlitherHence said:

No. HDT will still not work if you do that and SKSE 2.0.17 itself, along with any mods depending on it, aren't likely to work well with Skyrim 1.5.80. Your SKSE and Skyrim and any mods with SKSE plugins must all be version matched. You want SKSE 2.0.16 and Skyrim 1.5.80... or you have to live without HDT for now. That's just how it has to be. The HDT-SMP update could land tomorrow or never... So I'd roll back if I were you.

If you are using a decent mod manager reverting your mods and SKSE shouldn't be that hard. Look in your Data\SKSE folder. If a mod has a dll (dynamic link library) file in there then that mod needs to be matched to the version SKSE you have installed. As a rule of thumb mods that don't add .dll files somewhere don't care about the version of SKSE or Skyrim.

Appreciate it. I'll be sure to keep the .dll rule in mind.

3 hours ago, chinmokuart said:

If my SKSE is updated to the latest version, do you think it'd still work if I rolled Skyrim back to .80?

Yep I keep all the updated up to .80 so far everything running great. About fire game up for bit tonight make my girl lol.  This why You make an folder and back up whole one make sure if any mods breaks it so you can track it down.

Ugh, its beyond annoying how much damage Bethesda does with those updates. Weeks of waiting on fixing numerous clothing mods and packs and UI script-based mods.

Having to resort to holding back updates, going offline, and making sure every single mod you have will still work to continue playing what you were just playing normally just a week earlier.

Really hope the HDT-SMP comes out soon. Along with the quickloot mod and its dependencies.

50 minutes ago, vulcan_x said:

Ugh, its beyond annoying how much damage Bethesda does with those updates. Weeks of waiting on fixing numerous clothing mods and packs and UI script-based mods.

Having to resort to holding back updates, going offline, and making sure every single mod you have will still work to continue playing what you were just playing normally just a week earlier.

Really hope the HDT-SMP comes out soon. Along with the quickloot mod and its dependencies.

This will keep happening unless you

1. Make and regularly update a full SSE backup
  2. Block Bethesda's CC (Crapware Content) updates:   BlockingUpdates.rtf
  3. Use the Steam Console to revert to, or install, any version of SSE:   Reverting SSE with ManifestIDs.rtf
24 minutes ago, full_inu said:

So... we cannot really use SMP to make HDT weapons?
There are a few HDT-PE weapons for Oldrim, but I never saw SMP weapons for Skyrim SE.

What kind of weapon do you mean? Can you give a link?
I ported a few, there are no special problems. I already showed here:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, rb888 said:

Or used nexues mod manger launch the skse from it.

Sadly it and steam screw up occasionally for me and instead of opening skyrim it opens the launcher after it forces an update.

Personally I use the SkyrimSE.exe Auto-Backup on Nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12480?tab=description and after a accidental update I rename the new skyrimse.exe to skyrimse <version number>.exe and copy the old one back into place so that when I'm ready I can move back up.