I read in a forum somewhere (cant remember where now) that Hydrogensays is no longer going to update smp... Is there anyone around here that could do their own version? I dont know how any of that works, but i would be willing to help with the limited skills that i have! :D

51 minutes ago, Gemma132 said:

I read in a forum somewhere (cant remember where now) that Hydrogensays is no longer going to update smp... Is there anyone around here that could do their own version? I dont know how any of that works, but i would be willing to help with the limited skills that i have! :D

There are people who could, but he hasn't released the source so we can't.

1 hour ago, Gemma132 said:

I read in a forum somewhere (cant remember where now) that Hydrogensays is no longer going to update smp...

A tragedy if true - without the source code, which Hydrogen was considering releasing well over a year ago but never did, SMP would be well and truly dead. Can we please get a bit more context for this bombshell, though? Was this Hydrogen speaking, someone with inside knowledge, or what? A lot of baseless speculation gets paraded around as fact on forums like these...

1 hour ago, degenernate said:
3 hours ago, Gemma132 said:

I read in a forum somewhere (cant remember where now) that Hydrogensays is no longer going to update smp...

A tragedy if true - without the source code, which Hydrogen was considering releasing well over a year ago but never did, SMP would be well and truly dead. Can we please get a bit more context for this bombshell, though? Was this Hydrogen speaking, someone with inside knowledge, or what? A lot of baseless speculation gets paraded around as fact on forums like these...

If this is the year-old article to the effect that he had no further interest in Skyrim modding,, Hydro has updated SMP several times since then.

That's not to say, though, that he hasn't recently thrown up his hands (again) in disgust over Bethesda's relentless assault on the modding community. If the SKSE64 team ever throws in the towel, Bethesda will have won.

12 hours ago, Gemma132 said:

Very important to know, if anyone can shed light, please do.

I'm itching to do a LO revamp for the new LotD (and CCOR SE!), and I will have to decide soon whether it goes to latest version, or stays on 1.5.80. If SMP is not updating, I guess I won't either.

18 hours ago, Andarus said:

Could you share your Files? I feel like I'm the last person on this planet who still tries to get UUNP HDT to work. I had it somewhat working, but then I took a few month break to wait for LotD v5 and now nothing works anymore.

12 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

If this is the year-old article to the effect that he had no further interest in Skyrim modding,, Hydro has updated SMP several times since then.

That's not to say, though, that he hasn't recently thrown up his hands (again) in disgust over Bethesda's relentless assault on the modding community. If the SKSE64 team ever throws in the towel, Bethesda will have won.

I wonder how many people are googling on how to reverse engineer SMP files lol.

9 hours ago, Gromilla said:

I don’t know if anyone needs it, but I added parameters from the "better Female wrists hands ankles and leg ratio twists for XPMSSE cbbe 2.10" mod to the new XPMSSE 4.66 skeleton (I transferred the values manually, bone to bone). I checked on the cbbe and cos family of bodies, but I think it will do for any, or maybe not :)

Thank you, sir!

13 hours ago, Gromilla said:

I don’t know if anyone needs it, but I added parameters from the "better Female wrists hands ankles and leg ratio twists for XPMSSE cbbe 2.10" mod to the new XPMSSE 4.66 skeleton (I transferred the values manually, bone to bone). I checked on the cbbe and cos family of bodies, but I think it will do for any, or maybe not :)

Which of the 4 meshes on offer did you use as a basis? There are 4 files on the mod page- CBBE and UNP with and without leg ratio changes.

2 hours ago, fritzfried said:

Well. don't You Rock, even for tryin'!  Thanks!

I mean, I guess there's no need to do much more than hex edit the files to update them. I'm not well versed in modding much less in the inner workings of HDT but I think updating these files to work on newer versions of the game shouldn't take copious amounts of work outside of changing a few values?

32 minutes ago, cain40 said:

I mean, I guess there's no need to do much more than hex edit the files to update them. I'm not well versed in modding much less in the inner workings of HDT but I think updating these files to work on newer versions of the game shouldn't take copious amounts of work outside of changing a few values?

Eh it took me about an hour start to finish.

2019-12-02 21_27_42-xrefs to s_baseAddress.png

5 hours ago, srea said:

That's amazing! The conclusion we drew a hundred pages back was that a hexedit might be possible, but anyone with the necessary knowledge and skillset was probably already working on SKSE. :lol: If you really have nailed this, it's very impressive!

Sooo...what would it take to convince you to push out a hexedit for the VR version of the SKSE DLL? Or share your secrets to enable someone else to attempt it? As I understand things, the VR DLL is substantially similar to the vanilla DLL, so many (all?) addresses should be identical, but the contents will be completely different due to everything ultimately pointing to a distinct EXE. If I have this right, a few more minutes on top of the effort you've already put in might give me the SMP DLL I've been begging for since 2017. 

EDIT: OH HECK