8 hours ago, josdra01 said:

would it be possible to place such a torture device in a raider camp

Just place some of the furnitures in those camps in the CK.

Since AAF has a furniture check and some animation packs have animations using TD furnitures it would work this way.

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but after a raider put on foot chains on me (hopping while walking), i now never stop hopping, even i dont have the foot chain on me anymore.

And if i crouch, it goes into a T pose.

Any idea how i can fix this?

8 hours ago, Evish said:

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but after a raider put on foot chains on me (hopping while walking), i now never stop hopping, even i dont have the foot chain on me anymore.

And if i crouch, it goes into a T pose.

Any idea how i can fix this?

That's a DD/DCW issue, not TD.

Re-equip it, close inventory, wait a sec, unequip it.
Should solve it most times.

On 7/10/2017 at 8:21 PM, angel83 said:

Not compatible with unlimited companions EFF, the system will set the followers (some) to stand still or not attack at all when enemy present. Couldnt figure this one out although I found that by disabling the torture the followers started to attack again. just FYI...

is this still a problem since i used unlimited companions eff along with this mod.... i currently have DD v2.0.7, TD v1.9, EFF v1.1

i checked with fo4edit and so far torture devices esm is not being overwritten by any mod..

with devious devices esm, so far the cell on good neighbor den is being overwritten by enb lights, elfx, and ketaros treasure...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 8:15 AM, dDromond said:

is there a reason why the extractor chair doesn't do anything

Does ist work if you activate the chair with your character ?

There shouldn't be a difference between npc or player usage, the behaviors of the chair listens to the anim event which is sent after an actor sat down in the chair which then triggers the chair animations.

So unless you´re using custom behaviors for your actors or custom npcs which use custom behaviors there should be nothing preventing the animations of the chair.

17 hours ago, Vader666 said:

Does ist work if you activate the chair with your character ?

There shouldn't be a difference between npc or player usage, the behaviors of the chair listens to the anim event which is sent after an actor sat down in the chair which then triggers the chair animations.

So unless you´re using custom behaviors for your actors or custom npcs which use custom behaviors there should be nothing preventing the animations of the chair.

the suckerchair works, but the extractorchair has no animations for NPCs or my character

I ran into a very strange issue recently - documenting here in case anyone has a similar issue. I've been using Mod Organizer 2, and decided to move my mod collection into a dropbox folder for automatic backups. However, my save game wouldn't load after the migration (or even a new game). Some testing lead to TortureDevices being the culprit, and reinstalling the mod allowed it to work fine.

However if I launch Fallout 4 with dropbox sync running, it breaks again and I have to reinstall TD. I'm guessing there are some temporary files TD creates which dropbox messes with (I can't see anything in the dropbox logs that shows a file being modified though). It could also be dropbox putting a file lock on something important. Weird that only TD is affected.

My solution is to manually start dropbox (so not entirely automatic).

This is a pretty rare situation as you have to be using TD, MO2 + dropbox (or maybe other sync tools), but just making a note in case any future people run into this problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing around with the XCross furniture lately. Or at least with the underlying animations.

image.png

No cross, just a flat board, and instead of restraining bands, it's got pins that connect to the metal caps on her arms and legs.

image.png

image.png

The idea was that you could mount the board against a wall, rather than just have it free standing. It looks a bit flimsy from this angle.

And purely for the hell of it, I thought I'd knock up a little plaque recording who it was that was atoning for past bad behavior.

image.png

It'll mean making a swap for each girl, but I reckon I can do 'em as I get to them :)

so I am making an addon patch for Torture Devices and Wasteland Dairy Framework.

basically you get Breast Milk when you use the sucker chair. (I was hoping for bloodpacks from the extraction chair but never mind)

and I am trying to get the chair to repeat certain parts of the animation so that it lasts as long as you (or NPC) have empty Milk Bottles

and it is a bit weird at the moment, some parts of the script go too fast and some go far too slow.

the Morphs get too big really quickly

Event OnTimer(int aiTimerID)

if aiTimerID == 665

while (ScActor.GetItemCount(milk_Empty1) >= 2)
			Sound.StopInstance(SoundID)
			Stage2(ScActor,Dur2)
			If (ScActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex() == 1) && (ScActor.GetItemCount(milk_Empty1) >= 2)	

If ScActor.HasPerk(Perk_Virus)
					ScActor.removeitem(milk_Empty1, 4, true)
				Else
					ScActor.removeitem(milk_Empty1, 2, true)
				Endif
				Do_Milk_Morphs(ScActor)

endif
			Debug.notification(ScActor.GetItemCount(milk_Empty1))
			utility.wait(1)
		endwhile

ElseIf aiTimerID == 666

Sound.StopInstance(SoundID)
			Stage3(ScActor)		
		EndIf

EndEvent
Function Stage2 (actor akActor, int Duration)

StartPump(Fast = true)

; The Transition is needed due to how Idles are Handled
;removing the transition causes that the anim loop of stage1 is played again.

akActor.playidle(_TD_SuckerChairTransitionFast)
	utility.wait(0.5)
	akActor.PlayIdle(_TD_SuckerChairFast)

if  (akActor.GetItemCount(milk_Empty1) <= 2)
		StartTimer(Duration,666)
	endIf

EndFunction

I've basically got this:

which is functional, save for the fire FX coming out of the thrusters.

I'd intended it as a way for amputees to plausibly move around, but if anyone wants to strip the jetpack off and put the mesh to more conventional uses, I'd be OK with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running into a problem with the suckerchair. If I have my PC sit in it the animation and sound starts fine. If I have them get up from the chair it locks them in place standing at the foot of the chair (Movement keys don't work including jumping), the sounds continue and I can't bring up pipboy. I can bring up the main menu and several hotkeyed menus for other mods, I can also draw my weapon (combat mode) and move my camera around. I can also re sit in the chair but it sounds like two of the animations sound effects are overlapping. I tried saving and reloading, it does not fix the issue. 

It does the same to assigned NPCs. I tried despawning the chair and teleporting (via console) but npc is stuck in place trying to walk.

Any ideas on how to fix or a work around to not get stuck?

25 minutes ago, Flagnine1 said:

If I have them get up from the chair it locks them in place

The script should lock the player character for the duration of the sequence.

If you`re, for whatever reason, able to get out of the chair while the sequence is still running the script might fail to set your controls back.

However, you should`t be able to leave the chair in the first place...

So the workaround would be to not leave until the sequence is done (stage03).

Spoiler

; Start Stage 01
Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)

utility.wait(1)
	ScActor = akActionRef as actor

if  ScActor != game.getplayer()
	ScActor.setrestrained()
else

CamSwitch = InputEnableLayer.create()
	CamSwitch.EnableCamSwitch(false)
	CamSwitch.EnableMovement(false)
	CamSwitch.EnableMenu(false)
	game.ForceThirdPerson()

endIf

stage1(ScActor, Dur1)

endEvent

Function Stage3 (actor akActor)

CupsClose(False)	
	akActor.playidle(_TD_SuckerChairFinishIdle)
	utility.wait(2)
	CuffsLock(false)
	utility.wait(1)

if akActor != game.getplayer()

akActor.setrestrained(false)

Else

CamSwitch.EnableCamSwitch(true)
	CamSwitch.EnableMovement(true)
	CamSwitch.EnableMenu(true)
	CamSwitch.delete()
	CamSwitch = none

EndIf
EndFunction

• 3 weeks later...

I think I might have a solution for that :)

image.png

The central pole is a static here. The three sets of cuffs snap to the pole, and are furniture items in their own right. So there's no problem in assigning a slave to each slot.

On 7/22/2020 at 11:25 AM, Vader666 said:

That's kinda integral to the resource system of FO4.

You can however assign 1 settler and 2 followers / companions to it.

I'm still having some difficulty getting it to work - if I assign one settler to it, I can't command companions to use it afterwards, and if I command a companion to use it, I can't get another companion?