So, if we have those creature mods, we don't need to load them?

You left out the rabbit (Lungaris by Myckyan[patched by Blaze69], the Blaze version gives them tails.)

The Rat(Nezumi1point0, forgot the author, and they didn't know how to include it.)

The Fox(Fennecrace, Again, missing author, I'll have to go to nexus to look those up, if they're not pulled)

The Deer(missing info again.)

Maybe later?

13 minutes ago, Shnurui said:

You left out the rabbit (Lungaris by Myckyan[patched by Blaze69], the Blaze version gives them tails.)

The Rat(Nezumi1point0, forgot the author, and they didn't know how to include it.)

The Fox(Fennecrace, Again, missing author, I'll have to go to nexus to look those up, if they're not pulled)

you missed the sharks & otters ?

yiffy age just replaces the stock races with furry ones, it does not add "new ones" / "more races".

1 hour ago, Shnurui said:

So, if we have those creature mods, we don't need to load them?

Maybe later?

The author of the Rat race was uploaded by the user on this site named Nezumi.

8 hours ago, IGotBored said:

Got a quick question for everyone here. In your opinion whats the best looking race?

That's a difficult choice. I like the cats pretty much equally; I would be tempted to say Snow Leopards going by species alone (I really like them, plus I'm preeetty sure me nagging Bad Dog about it is one of the reasons they are there). But the lions are too much of a good fit for Skyrim's Orcs, with the Proud Warrior race theme and the prides/strongholds and such, so that makes them feel more organic and get the edge over the others.

So I guess count me as +1 for Sabrelions, with special mention for Snow Leopards.

But yeah, any of the cats could be #1 as far as I'm concerned. Canines are great too, but there is an obvious difference in quality of their assets that's difficult to ignore and makes it a bit harder to play with them instead of the cats (not that they are bad, but Bad Dog's scratch-made races aka the cats are simply better).

Hopefully, with Kritta's new Lykaios assets and the upcoming new heads and textures for Vaalsark and Kygarra the whole will end up more balanced, though.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

you missed the sharks & otters ?

And birds, don't forget about the birds. Not a big avian fan myself but they deserve praise with all the work BD put into them.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

yiffy age just replaces the stock races with furry ones, it does not add "new ones" / "more races".

YA does technically add new races, as the original custom variants of the canines (Lykaios, Vaalsark, Kygarra, Fennec); not sure if BD wants to keep those in next versions of the mod but AFAIK they are still there in the latest version (correct me if I'm wrong).

It also "adds" existing vanilla races that are not playable otherwise, namely Dremora and Snow Elves.

Also, @Shnurui, what do you mean with "Deer"? Pretty sure there isn't any deer race available for Skyrim (yet). Not that I wouldn't like to have one, mind you.

47 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

the only "deer" race i know of is the Driinkiin mod, but it needs "more deer"

Oh, that one. Yeah, I don't really consider that a beast race, those are deer-themed humans, not anthro deers (which is what an actual "deer race" would be). Plus, while nuska's original assets are pretty good, the actual race implementation for them is... sloppy, to say the least.

No deers on the To-Do list for Nightro, and I can't create meshes or textures from scratch so I'm out of the question too if I had to do it by myself, so probably not from our end. And I would feel bad for even remotely suggesting more work for Bad Dog, so I won't count him either (not sure if he would even be interested in such a thing). So I'd say unfortunately deers are not happening.

For the record, AFAIK the only planned new races so far are Sergals, Renamon and maybe a dragon race loosely based on Skyrim's own dragon designs; also if I somehow manage to edit BD's bird heads for it (or get someone else to edit them for me), I could try repurposing the assets from the Blaziken player model edit I did a while back and turn it into a proper working race too. That's pretty much it unless there's a change of plans and/or something else comes up.

EDIT: oh, and Nightro's Leviathan race. Which is probably the only mostly-human/non-anthro race I'm ever going to work on, lol.

There's also a bunch of other ideas and test assets thay have cropped up from time to time and which I haven't "officially" counted, but should still have a slight chance of actually happening, so there's that.

I'm thinking I might try improving the dog heads by subdividing the vanilla heads, cleaning up, and regenerating the tris. That might be easier than going back to the citrus heads (no fussing with the textures). I can also run through the morphs and fix any I don't like, maybe have unique tri files for them. I think the vaalsark ears get messed up in the anger expressions. I'm planning to try that technique on KK's new lykaios heads also. That way I keep her work on expressions but can get a better mesh (maybe). 

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Not done at all, but this is where I'm going with the dog paws.

I love them, they're just knuckly enough to look tough and real without seeming bald.  The pads on the toes touching down that close to the tips is great, that and the high enough up not-overlong claws really make these feet look made for walking.  The "arch" behind the paw is really defined, is it as much on the other side?

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Not done at all, but this is where I'm going with the dog paws.

That's a dog paw alright.

The central claws are a bit too close to each other IMO, but then again I've never looked at an actual dog paw in that much detail so it I don't know if the real thing looks like that. Otherwise, looking great.

52 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i was mostly showing blaze, here's one for you ?:

Boy that thing is detailed. I mean, I am fully aware stuff like this exists, but it is still a bit surprising how throrough some of the material can be. I bet someone out there has some hypothetical anthro designs that would be fully feasible biologically and physically/anatomically if anthros actually existed, lol.

Anyway, probably not gonna happen, and I'm pretty happy with the curent designs, but after seeing that, I wouldn't mind having even more species-appropiate dongs for the YA races, including the base sheath shape and all.

38 minutes ago, Avian1355 said:

I'm currently just trying to figure out what installation process I am doing wrong here. The game crashes whenever I get to the title screen. 

Capture.JPG

Image.JPG

Phew boy. I'm going to assume you are completely new to modding Skyrim. Where do I start? xD

The problem is, you have installed every single patch for YiffyAge (YiffyAgeDiversityPatch, YiffyAgeBSBrumaPatch, etc), but you don't actually have any of the original mods that those patches are designed for. For example, YiffyAgeHelgenRebornPatch is a patch for the Mod "Helgen Reborn". It allows YiffyAge and Helgen Reborn to work together without conflicts.

What is happening with your crashes is that Skyrim is looking for "Helgen Reborn" in your load order, and can't find it. This causes a crash (or CTD) and you will go back to desktop.

So, to fix this. You can do one of two things:

1. You can uninstall/disable the YiffyAge patches for the mods you don't have. (Which is all of the patches from the looks of it.)

2. Install the original mods that the patches are designed for one by one. (That's if you actually want those mods in the first place.)

As long as you have all the base requirements of YiffyAge, then you shouldn't have any more crashes. Hopefully. Skyrim can be a rocky relationship at times.

54 minutes ago, Pavaux said:

Phew boy. I'm going to assume you are completely new to modding Skyrim. Where do I start? xD

The problem is, you have installed every single patch for YiffyAge (YiffyAgeDiversityPatch, YiffyAgeBSBrumaPatch, etc), but you don't actually have any of the original mods that those patches are designed for. For example, YiffyAgeHelgenRebornPatch is a patch for the Mod "Helgen Reborn". It allows YiffyAge and Helgen Reborn to work together without conflicts.

What is happening with your crashes is that Skyrim is looking for "Helgen Reborn" in your load order, and can't find it. This causes a crash (or CTD) and you will go back to desktop.

So, to fix this. You can do one of two things:

1. You can uninstall/disable the YiffyAge patches for the mods you don't have. (Which is all of the patches from the looks of it.)

2. Install the original mods that the patches are designed for one by one. (That's if you actually want those mods in the first place.)

As long as you have all the base requirements of YiffyAge, then you shouldn't have any more crashes. Hopefully. Skyrim can be a rocky relationship at times.

Yeah it's still crashing for me even though I've got the base requirements

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

I bet someone out there has some hypothetical anthro designs that would be fully feasible biologically and physically/anatomically if anthros actually existed, lol.

https://sketchfab.com/models/67965c2988074fb1bf397a452ad77bf8

https://sketchfab.com/models/08ecaf20b273436087dc3dc68f1fda99

https://sketchfab.com/models/e4abf4055a07434086645833681c728c

some constructive criticism. tbh i find the bretons new head to look more dog like in appearance than fox like. may i suggest a few edits? other that those skeletons... oh my i love how you replaced all the skeletons with furry ones, and how you managed to edit the helmets was great too. long time lurker here too btw and i must say playing this mod along side historically accurate mods is a funny show. i may also suggest a patch for warzones as there seems to be a few "funny things" that happen when i play with them

1 hour ago, Avian1355 said:

Yeah it's still crashing for me even though I've got the base requirements

We are going to need to see the actual load order, not that weird "installed mod files" thing NMM has. Take pics of the Plugins tab, not the Mods one.

Also you should seriously ditch that trainwreck waiting to happen called NMM and get a proper mod manager. Like Mod Organizer 2.

Since you haven't started playing yet and seems like you've just finished "setting up"your mods, now is a great time to nuke your entire Skyrim install, make a clean reinstall, and start from scratch with MO. There are some great tutorials around on how to set up MO that can get you ready. Once that is done, install YA again, but this time install only its requirements and the main file. You must get the base YA install working fine before you dabble with patches and optional files.

BTW, the MO part is non-negotiable. Trying to instal a mod as big as Yiffy Age with NMM is suicide, and I'm pretty sure most of us aren't willing to waste time trying to provide support for NMM (which would be both tedious and useless).

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

We are going to need to see the actual load order, not that weird "installed mod files" thing NMM has. Take pics of the Plugins tab, not the Mods one.

Also you should seriously ditch that trainwreck waiting to happen called NMM and get a proper mod manager. Like Mod Organizer 2.

Since you haven't started playing yet and seems like you've just finished "setting up"your mods, now is a great time to nuke your entire Skyrim install, make a clean reinstall, and start from scratch with MO. There are some great tutorials around on how to set up MO that can get you ready. Once that is done, install YA again, but this time install only its requirements and the main file. You must get the base YA install working fine before you dabble with patches and optional files.

BTW, the MO part is non-negotiable. Trying to instal a mod as big as Yiffy Age with NMM is suicide, and I'm pretty sure most of us aren't willing to waste time trying to provide support for NMM (which would be both tedious and useless).

Alright. Thanks for the info. I'll download MO and tinker with it for a bit. I'll let you know if it works or not. Probably just an IBM problem (Idiot Behind Machine).