1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Then you'll have to talk to Bad Dog, he's the one that knows how to work on nifs directly in Blender (as opposed to exporting meshes as OBJ via Oufit Studio for further edits in Blender and then importing back once done, which is what I do). Also head parts need to be edited in a very specific way so morphs don't end up broken, specially if you intend to "snip out" and "rebuild" parts. He should be able to guide you through it if you really want to give it a shot.

While I am familiar with how fragile blendshape stuff can be, what sort of "specific way" do you mean?

Is it possible to remake em as well in blender, cause if so, I could possibly even enhance em as well to better fit the remodeled head \o/

If Bad is open to takin me under his wing, I would greatly welcome it. Plus it'd help open the door for me to possibly make some more hairdos for the khajiit and friends, specially for the guys. Too many hippy mullets and not a single variation of the mohawk v:

10 hours ago, DarnHyena said:

While I am familiar with how fragile blendshape stuff can be, what sort of "specific way" do you mean?

So, there's this thing called "morphs", that are used by the game to know how head parts should move/deform when using the character creation sliders, or speaking/moving the mouth, or having facial expressions, etc. Without them, head parts would be completely static, like masks, and that would be bad.

Said morphs are stored in TRI files, which basically include a bunch of OBJ files in them (not exactly, but I'm simplifying). Those are the base/unaltered shape and a bunch of edited duplicates with the final shape after their corresponding morph is applied. For example, you have the base shape which is the head exactly as it is in the nif, and then you have the "NoseLong" morph which is the same mesh but modified in shape only to make the nose longer (and that's how the game knows how to edit the head when you use the "Nose Length" slider in the race menu). Not sure if I explain myself, but that's the idea.

You should also know that there's a plugin for Blender that can import TRI files, and basically loads the base shape as a regular Blender mesh and then all the morphs are loaded as shape keys of that mesh.

The thing is, those meshes in the TRI files have to be an exact match of the ingame meshes (nifs), or else they don't work. At the very least, they have to match in vertex count and order, or else they are a no-go. So that leaves us with two options when it comes to editing head parts:

1. Edit the head part mesh without changing vertex count and order, so that we don't need to worry about the morph files. This means you can't remove or add vertices or geometry, you can only move the existing ones around and maybe edit the UVs. This is fine if you only want to change the shape of the existing mesh, like for example what you did with the RaceMenu Sculpt tab in the pics above.
  2. Load up all TRI files into Blender (most head parts have two or three of them), and merge all morphs (now shape keys) into a single base shape. Since Blender does preserve shape keys even after removing or adding new vertices, you can edit the base shape as much as you want as long as you make sure shapekeys/morphs still look good after all of it. Then, you export the base shape for use ingame and also export the shapekeys as a TRI file. The new TRIs should match the new ingame mesh, and thus they should work just fine.

I've only dabbled with the first method (that's how the head parts for my shark race were made), so I can't help you with the second one. Bad Dog does know his way around it, though, so he's the one you need to talk to if you really need to do extensive edits that would require adding or deleting geometry to the head parts.

Would be neat if there was also a way to have like a "lite" version of this mod, like just isolated versions of each race with your modifications so it'll be more flexible with other heavy mods.

Obviously it wouldn't be overrun with other animal people anymore, but it'd be nice to at least be able to keep your own personal favored race of the bunch.

7 minutes ago, DarnHyena said:

Would be neat if there was also a way to have like a "lite" version of this mod, like just isolated versions of each race with your modifications so it'll be more flexible with other heavy mods.

Obviously it wouldn't be overrun with other animal people anymore, but it'd be nice to at least be able to keep your own personal favored race of the bunch.

If you mean having them as player-only races (i.e. without replacing any NPC at all), then that's certainly possible and Bad Dog has already stated he wants to do it, at least with his custom feline races that aren't available elsewhere.

The canine races are already available from their original mods, but considering the amount of new assets added to them in YA it may be worth releasing updated versions of them too (for example the Lykaios would be a good candidate for that, considering BD is going to implement most of Kritta's new assets for the unfinished Lykaios update).

The shape key stuff in blender works pretty well. Some additions to what Blaze said:

• If you're making modifications to an existing head, load up all the morphs in one mesh (I have a script to make that easier) and then make all your edits to a new morph. If you make them to the base shape you don't edit the other morphs--they'll just turn your new shape into the old morph. If you make your edits in a new morph, you can blend it with the original morphs (smile, long nose, big Ah, etc.) and get the result you want.
  • You still have to check through all the morphs because blender doesn't always do what you want. 
  • Usually exporting the head and morphs won't work. Dunno why, I think it has to do with differences between a nif and a blender mesh. Export the tris, re-import, weight paint from your original head to your re-imported mesh, and go from there. There's a set of blender/nif scripts with names like "MeshInjector" and "SkinInjector" that help if the usual method of getting a nif doesn't work.

I've thought about making the canine updates available separately and probably won't. The work is all original at this point but the concept isn't and I'd feel a bit queasy about it. I will release the Lykaios as an update if I'm happy enough with it. 

45 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I've thought about making the canine updates available separately and probably won't. The work is all original at this point but the concept isn't and I'd feel a bit queasy about it. I will release the Lykaios as an update if I'm happy enough with it. 

I could be up for doing it myself, though. Already did so for the Lungaris (of course I made sure the original author was cool with it), and it worked out just fine. If you are also cool with it, that is.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:46 PM, Bad Dog said:

The shape key stuff in blender works pretty well. Some additions to what Blaze said:

• If you're making modifications to an existing head, load up all the morphs in one mesh (I have a script to make that easier) and then make all your edits to a new morph. If you make them to the base shape you don't edit the other morphs--they'll just turn your new shape into the old morph. If you make your edits in a new morph, you can blend it with the original morphs (smile, long nose, big Ah, etc.) and get the result you want.
  • You still have to check through all the morphs because blender doesn't always do what you want. 
  • Usually exporting the head and morphs won't work. Dunno why, I think it has to do with differences between a nif and a blender mesh. Export the tris, re-import, weight paint from your original head to your re-imported mesh, and go from there. There's a set of blender/nif scripts with names like "MeshInjector" and "SkinInjector" that help if the usual method of getting a nif doesn't work.

Well at most I would just need to khajiit's head and tail to get started. Personally I'd rather keep the muzzle short like the khajiit so it'd be easier to refit khajiit stuff and what not to it.

And of course making the tail shorter, I'm kind of curious how the other fellow did his, though I have a guess that he probably just sliced off the other half and went from there. Would love to see that script to help get me started with the head!

Also, the kygarra's original source doesn't have any support for the SOS kind of stuff, and the maker stuck some grey underpants onto it's body texture. So anyone else wanting SOS compatible hyena player race doesn't really got any other choice but yours ?

I have read through a lot, and fixed a number of problems myself, but I still have a few:

Farengar has a hole instead of a schlong, no matter what schlong I set for him.

Some NPCs wearing Boots have a gap between their ankle and halfway up the shin.  (Boots is the name of the item, and they look like shoes in inventory.)

I need more compatible revealing armors and robes.  I want to do a mage college run, but most of the mages are still covered.

and, Invisible horses: 

48 minutes ago, lazarwolfe said:

I have read through a lot, and fixed a number of problems myself, but I still have a few:

Farengar has a hole instead of a schlong, no matter what schlong I set for him.

Some NPCs wearing Boots have a gap between their ankle and halfway up the shin.  (Boots is the name of the item, and they look like shoes in inventory.)

I need more compatible revealing armors and robes.  I want to do a mage college run, but most of the mages are still covered.

Bad Dog's Skimpy Clothes mod does cover the mage robes(like the ones Farengar wears), but only the meshes at this point. The mod hasn't added the correct keyword to the mage robes yet. However, the SOS Revealing Armors mod does cover the College Robes, so those should be fine. However, you should be able to use the Player/NPC Submenu in SOS' MCM to set clothing or armors that should be, as Revealing, and the schlong should show up. 

Also, that load order you posted in the other thread...have you ran that through LOOT? All .esm files should be at the top of your load order, and Live Another Life, along with your bashed patch, should be at the bottom. Additionally, it looks like some of your mods should be ordered differently as well - the three DLC should be listed DawnguardHearthfires, and Dragonborn. The Hi-Res DLC is fine to come after them. USLEEP should likely be sorted next, along with the Unofficial High Resolution Patch.

38 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Also, that load order you posted in the other thread...have you ran that through LOOT? All .esm files should be at the top of your load order, and Live Another Life, along with your bashed patch, should be at the bottom. Additionally, it looks like some of your mods should be ordered differently as well - the three DLC should be listed DawnguardHearthfires, and Dragonborn. The Hi-Res DLC is fine to come after them. USLEEP should likely be sorted next, along with the Unofficial High Resolution Patch.

I have indeed run it through LOOT.

My normal pattern is FNIS, LOOT, WryeBash.

Looking at MO, it seems it is including unchecked entries.  Everything after the bashed patch is unchecked.

37 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Bad Dog's Skimpy Clothes mod does cover the mage robes(like the ones Farengar wears), but only the meshes at this point. The mod hasn't added the correct keyword to the mage robes yet. However, the SOS Revealing Armors mod does cover the College Robes, so those should be fine. However, you should be able to use the Player/NPC Submenu in SOS' MCM to set clothing or armors that should be, as Revealing, and the schlong should show up. 

Hey, I know what that means!  I will try this and see if it fixes Farengar :)

In one of my mods--this, or Hoodies--I post a load order that includes 3 revealing armors for men. I stack all 3, ending with mine. 

The problem with Farengar is what Kuroyami said. Just set revealing in the SOS menu and you're good. There may be a few others as well. I'll fix it in the next update.

Also if you can report which clothes or NPCs have gaps at the wrist/ankles, that would be a big help. Giving me the form ID by using the console would be great, if not and it's a named NPC tell me the NPC. Otherwise just describe it. The way Skyrim handles gauntlets and boots it can be the combination of body armor and gauntlet/boot that's doing it.

Incidentally I got the bushy HDT Lykaios tails up and running and I'm liking them pretty well. They've got enough spring to them that they don't just look dead. I rigged the Vaalsark tails up the same way and they don't look as good because vanilla weighting (and mesh) for tails suck pretty bad. Assuming all I have to do is reweight them I'll probably switch all the tails over. 

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

If you can report which clothes or NPCs have gaps at the wrist/ankles, that would be a big help. Giving me the form ID by using the console would be great, if not and it's a named NPC tell me the NPC. Otherwise just describe it. The way Skyrim handles gauntlets and boots it can be the combination of body armor and gauntlet/boot that's doing it.

I tried killing a non-essenital NPC to get the boots, but when I dropped them they had no mesh (I think?) and I couldn't find them to get an ID.

However, I got a screenshot of Anoriath, in Whiterun outside the Bannered Mare

Anoriath.png

3 hours ago, lazarwolfe said:

I tried killing a non-essenital NPC to get the boots, but when I dropped them they had no mesh (I think?) and I couldn't find them to get an ID.

However, I got a screenshot of Anoriath, in Whiterun outside the Bannered Mare

Anoriath.png

Sorry to Off-topic. But I can't not deny feeling of She-Wolf Ysolda Watching through monitor to me. As if she knew all of her life is a game, mod and data. Then, she demand better modded life for her. It's kinda scary.

To Blaze69. I asked before about more pic of your beautiful Wolf model Kara. Is there any chance I get it?

9 minutes ago, Kardienlupus said:

To Blaze69. I asked before about more pic of your beautiful Wolf model Kara. Is there any chance I get it?

I wanted to see if I could get some more pics, but I only came back home a few days ago, and I've been a bit busy with RL stuff and so. Plus, Nightro should be done with the new assets for the shark race soon and I'll get to work on the update then.

Buuut I'll see what I can do :classic_tongue:.

10 hours ago, Kardienlupus said:

Here, have some more pics of her.

I didn't know what theme and scenario to go for, but I had been working on some modern clothing items (I may update my Modern Clothes mod with some new ones sometime soon) and I had a save in Knox, so I went for a modern theme. Hope it's okay.

I got two sets of pics. First one out of the spoiler is SFW, but there's a handful of more revealing ones in the spoilers for anybody interested :classic_tongue:.

Kara_Knox_1.png

Spoiler

Kara_Knox_2.png

Kara_Knox_3.png

Kara_Knox_4.png

Kara_Knox_5.png

Kara_Knox_6.png

Kara_Knox_Set_1.png

Spoiler

Kara_Knox_Set_3.png

Kara_Knox_Set_2.png

Kara_Knox_Set_4.png

Kara_Knox_Set_5.png

Kara_Knox_Set_6.pngKara_Knox_Set_7.png

Note that for some reason her hair appears blonde-ish in some pics (most notably the shower one). Seems to be some kind of lighting bug or shader issue with the hair mesh, and it's not intended (nor I've been able to fix it so far); her hair is supposed to be the same color as her face markings (aka brownish gray). Ignore that, or pretend she dyed it, whatever works best for you, lol.

Hope y'all enjoy her as much as I do :classic_shy:.

EDIT: goddamnit, why do I always end up making the last post of the page? Now this will get buried in the thread sooner that I wanted it to.

36 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I didn't know what theme and scenario to go for, but I had been working on some modern clothing items (I may update my Modern Clothes mod with some new ones sometime soon) and I had a save in Knox, so I went for a modern theme. Hope it's okay.

I got two sets of pics. First one out of the spoiler is SFW, but there's a handful of more revealing ones in the spoilers for anybody interested :classic_tongue:.

Kara_Knox_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

Kara_Knox_2.png

Kara_Knox_3.png

Kara_Knox_4.png

Kara_Knox_5.png

Kara_Knox_6.png

Kara_Knox_Set_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

Kara_Knox_Set_3.png

Kara_Knox_Set_2.png

Kara_Knox_Set_4.png

Kara_Knox_Set_5.png

Note that for some reason her hair appears blonde-ish in some pics (most notably the shower one). Seems to be some kind of lighting bug or shader issue with the hair mesh, and it's not intended (nor I've been able to fix it so far); her hair is supposed to be the same color as her face markings (aka brownish gray). Ignore that, or pretend she dyed it, whatever works best for you, lol.

EDIT: goddamnit, why do I always end up making the last post of the page? Now this will get buried in the thread sooner that I wanted it to.

Thanks for Picture. Modern clothes make me think she might Android Kara from Detroit Become Human in Furry version. Anyway thanks.

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Kara_Knox_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

Kara_Knox_2.png

Kara_Knox_3.png

Kara_Knox_4.png

Kara_Knox_5.png

Kara_Knox_6.png

Kara_Knox_Set_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

Kara_Knox_Set_3.png

Kara_Knox_Set_2.png

Kara_Knox_Set_4.png

Kara_Knox_Set_5.png

You did a great job ?, I like it very much :classic_smile:.  She is beautiful, I like these clothes too. I think you've chosen a good environment, screenshots are great.

8 hours ago, Kardienlupus said:

Thanks for Picture. Modern clothes make me think she might Android Kara from Detroit Become Human in Furry version. Anyway thanks.

To be honest, I didn't even know the character from Detroit Become Human had the same name as her, so that isn't exactly intended. I simply looked through the Nord names and picked the one I liked. Pure coincidence.

1 hour ago, poblivion said:

You did a great job ?, I like it very much :classic_smile:.  She is beautiful, I like these clothes too. I think you've chosen a good environment, screenshots are great.

Well, thank you very much :classic_laugh:.

Though to be fair I can't take most of the credit. She looks gorgeous thanks to Kritta's awesome work on the Lykaios update (which hopefully will have a proper release at some point, be it by Bad Dog or by me), the environment was all created by Halo, and the clothes already existed elsewhere, I mostly just ported them to Skyrim and/or fit them to the UNP body.

Also thanks to you two quoting my entire post, the pics are still visible in this new page. Yay! Don't know if it was deliberate or not, but in any case, thank you for that, lol :classic_tongue:.

Apologies in advance if this is a common thing, 166 pages is a lot to read through.

I've installed the mod, and the recommended mods, but the replaced races (Nord, Redguard, etc) of both sexes have human bodies. Their hands and heads are from the mod, but the bodies are from their respective vanilla races.

I've reinstalled it a couple times, but it's persisting.

I'm a bit of a nub at modding, thanks if you can give suggestions.

28 minutes ago, sick_memes said:

Apologies in advance if this is a common thing, 166 pages is a lot to read through.

I've installed the mod, and the recommended mods, but the replaced races (Nord, Redguard, etc) of both sexes have human bodies. Their hands and heads are from the mod, but the bodies are from their respective vanilla races.

I've reinstalled it a couple times, but it's persisting.

I'm a bit of a nub at modding, thanks if you can give suggestions.

Happens to me to. I fix it by just moving the yiffy age esp lower on my plugin list. Try for the middle-ish area of the list. If it doesn't work then just move it lower again. If you have any patches move those under the yiffy age plugin too.