43 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Interesting point. YA does run directly off SLA scans, so it's independent of the SOS toggle. It probably shouldn't be.

Does it? I'm pretty sure the Hoodies system built into the YiffyAgeSchlongs plugin is the 7.0 one (or even older), so it only uses the SOS animevents; the SLA events were also in the scripts but were unused and comented out.

That's why I really think you should ditch that Hoodies duplicate and simply make BadDogSchlongCore.esm a master for the YA schlongs plugin (and only use that system, without duplicates). If you are worried about needing extra dependencies for YA, you could simply pack the latest version of the ESM and the scripts in the YA download and be done with it.

Oops, thot this was the hoodies thread. Ya, agreed on the concept. Working that way.

In other news, I loaded up the new lykaios heads and played some. Tris are weird but work--they come in as a point cloud rather than a full mesh. I was hoping I could take KK's expressions and apply them to the other canines, but no joy--her head isn't compatible with vanilla. 

So I loaded up the Vaalsark head to play with increasing the vert count. I loaded both tri files into one mesh and subdivided. Subdivide worked fine except that I used subdivide smooth so it would look nice and that caused the seams to separate at the new verts. Cleaned up the base mesh thinking that would clean the morphs... but it didn't. So now I'm going through the morphs getting the verts back where they belong and playing with the expressions as they go. More snarl on the angry expressions, ears flat on fear, ears up and forward for happy, forward for shout. Then I'll probably have to do something similar with the other dogs because OCD. Anyway all this will make dealing with the lykaios heads simpler.

i got it to start working. and I fiddled around with a lot of extra stuff. I think there's some stuff bork barked with a few things. I had to drastically cut down on scripts lol, and even now I'm not certain how stable it is.

On that same note, I don't think we have miner's clothes that are skimpy for males.

On 8/20/2018 at 7:57 AM, Avian1355 said:

Alright. Thanks for the info. I'll download MO and tinker with it for a bit. I'll let you know if it works or not. Probably just an IBM problem (Idiot Behind Machine).

NMM are easy to mod beginner but MO has is bit harder and has more better function. If Yiffy Age work on NMM that's fine, but when problem happens you need to deal with days it in Creation kit. Unlike less problematic MO.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, Bad Dog said:

New khajiit textures. Comments from the peanut gallery welcome. Goal was to add fur detail but keep overall patterning much like vanilla.

Reveal hidden contents

enb 2018_08_13 13_45_04_26.pngenb 2018_08_13 13_44_17_42.pngenb 2018_08_13 13_43_20_91.pngenb 2018_08_13 13_42_56_78.pngenb 2018_08_13 13_42_47_62.pngenb 2018_08_13 13_42_22_14.png

I should just give you my Khajiit textures to work with, Didn't quite finish them the way I wanted, but they are pretty good IMO.

@boo sure, do. I'm updating all the low-res textures. 

@hexacron, yes, humanoid zombie things. Read upthread for why.

Edit: I'm hacking around at different bits of YA now. Played with feet, making high-res textures from low res, high-res heads from low res. I have a workable strategy for all that. 

Now I'm going to do a deep dive into KK's stuff. Make the heads high-poly, run through the expressions and see what I can steal for the other beasts, run through hair and beards ditto, finish anything that needs finishing. Get the new paws on them. Then return to the other races.

56 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

@boo sure, do. I'm updating all the low-res textures. 

@hexacron, yes, humanoid zombie things. Read upthread for why.

Edit: I'm hacking around at different bits of YA now. Played with feet, making high-res textures from low res, high-res heads from low res. I have a workable strategy for all that. 

Now I'm going to do a deep dive into KK's stuff. Make the heads high-poly, run through the expressions and see what I can steal for the other beasts, run through hair and beards ditto, finish anything that needs finishing. Get the new paws on them. Then return to the other races.

I hope Drauger can be changed into furry but reading upthread it seems there are technical Problem. Am I understand right? Does Falmer got same Problem?

Not really technical, just a shit ton of work. I can't just stretch out noses--I've done that and it looks like shit. So it would mean putting wolfie heads on the draugr, blending the seam, simplifying the mesh, re-doing the UV map. (Do draugr furries have ears? Do ears rot/wither early? What about tails?) Probably have to fiddle the textures. Weight the bones, export. Do that again for the dozens of draugr. Redo the helmets. Do it again for all the SIC draugr. 

There are more interesting things to do.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

As I said already (and it can be seen in my pics upthread), I ported the female body textures to UUNP and got the full set working, so you can skip that part if you want. I won't be able to send you the files until September, though, so you can either wait for those or port them yourself now. Your call.

The new paws don't need any special work, the nifs are final and the textures too (they are part of the body texture like standard human feet, they don't have a separate set like YA paws do). For females, at least; I haven't tried the male ones but the nifs should work too. The textures you will have to create them yourself (you can probably use the female textures as a base, because IIRC both male and female paws use the same UVs).

1 hour ago, Kardienlupus said:

I hope Drauger can be changed into furry but reading upthread it seems there are technical Problem. Am I understand right? Does Falmer got same Problem?

It is technically possible, but it would take too much work and time to be feasible (there are several different draugr and falmer meshes, so each and every single one of them would need to be converted). It's simply not possible.

EDIT: ninja'd by Bad Dog.

I use immersive creatures too, funnily enough the changes your mod made to some things stuck over into some of it. And most of it's changed, like skele boys are all skeles But on that same note, I think it's interesting that there's nords. I've come up with my own little lore reasoning for what druagr are lol.

31 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Please for the female lykaios textures. I've got plenty else to keep me busy.

Okay, then. As I said, I'll send them your way as soon as I get the chance, but that won't happen until I'm back in September. I guess you'll have to use placeholders for now, either the current body textures or the new CBBE ones. I didn't touch the head or hand textures, though, so those you can use right away; and as for textures for your new paws, you can blend them to the ankles of the CBBE textures (those weren't touched either).

BTW, in case it matters, I used the "classic" body diffuse, so you should probably use that one as a base.

There's two more: a "new"/standard set that has some tweaks (but it's relatively close to the classic one), and a "white" texture with no markings that could be interesting but it's missing all of the other matching white diffuses (hands, tail and head) so it's probably not useable.

22 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Hey, the new tail mesh--where is that? Upthread?

Nope, it's in Kritta's archive. I forgot to mention that some of the files are a bit buried and need some assembly.

There's a folder called "Lykaios Mod NMM" or something like that inside the "textures" folder that contains an (unfinished) NMM installer for the mod with some assets that are not in the main archive. Check the "00 Base" folder for some missing files. The tails are also in there as different options (both vanilla and HDT).

*BTW, there are also "XPMSE" versions of the HDT tails. The only difference is that those meshes use some custom tail bones included in XPMSE that allow you to further edit the tail position/scale using RaceMenu sliders. Feel free to use those or not, I don't really have a preference on those.

Interestingly enough, both tail options use the exact same meshes, the difference is that the HDT version nif is missing the Auxbones link to the tail behaviour and instead points to a XML set for HDT that moves the vanilla tail bones. It may be interesting to try applying that XML to other vanilla tails and see how they turn out, they may end up looking good without the need to edit the meshes or bone weights or whatever.

34 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Yeah, I found the tails--I thought there were different fluffy tails to look at. So good.

I'm undecided about HDT tails. On the one hand, floppy tails aren't much fun. On the other, sex scenes. Anybody got opinions?

Hmm..IMHO, I'd actually like the HDT tails, if they're anything like the pony race in this mod and this one, then I'm all for it...what? Don't look at me like that, I was curious! xD

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm undecided about HDT tails. On the one hand, floppy tails aren't much fun. On the other, sex scenes. Anybody got opinions?

i just wish more animators would actually animate them already ?

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4903-3ds-max-tail-animation-guide/

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/63776-slal-animations-by-sailing-rebel-srb-2018-08-09/?do=findComment&comment=2336738

58 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i just wish more animators would actually animate them already ?

Agreed. 

Here's another thought: swap in the HDT tail when the animation starts. 

Could tie them to the erect mesh in hoodies so they just get swapped in with the schlong.

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Yeah, I found the tails--I thought there were different fluffy tails to look at. So good.

To be honest, I'm pretty happy with the HDT tail. Kritta's tail XML is customized so it doesn't just fall dead like a piece of rope but rather stays slightly lifted and stiff at the base; and while it is still somewhat floppy and lacks "intentional" movement/animation, it looks good enough during normal gameplay.

Plus, it has proper collision with the ground when sitting/laying/using poses, and also does a great job at getting out of the way during sex scenes (would be better if we could make it collide with other actors too, but we would need an HDT physics wizard for that).

2 hours ago, Taven said:

Hmm..IMHO, I'd actually like the HDT tails, if they're anything like the pony race in this mod and this one, then I'm all for it...what? Don't look at me like that, I was curious! xD

AFAIK the CaN Pony races use a special skeleton with lagbones for the tail; it's not that it has physics or it's animated the conventional way, but rather that the tail bones have a delay (lag) after the previous bone moves but before the next one does that makes it look like it has some simple physics. Same thing happens with some of the hairs in the Cerinian/Krystal race by the same author.

So that doesn't really apply here.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Here's another thought: swap in the HDT tail when the animation starts. 

Could tie them to the erect mesh in hoodies so they just get swapped in with the schlong.

I guess it could be worth looking into. I mean, I'd probably still go for perma-HDT tails myself (Lykaios only at first, and maybe other race's tails too if Kritta's XML works well with them), but for those that want to have vanilla animated tails during normal gameplay, it could be a good way to get the best of both worlds.