33 minutes ago, sick_memes said:

Apologies in advance if this is a common thing, 166 pages is a lot to read through.

I've installed the mod, and the recommended mods, but the replaced races (Nord, Redguard, etc) of both sexes have human bodies. Their hands and heads are from the mod, but the bodies are from their respective vanilla races.

I've reinstalled it a couple times, but it's persisting.

I'm a bit of a nub at modding, thanks if you can give suggestions.

Sounds like you have other mod loading after YA that is editing the race data and thus reverting them to the vanilla (human) naked skins.

Try moving YA to the very bottom of the load order so nothing else loads after it (except for YA plugins/patches, obviously). See if that fixes it.

EDIT: ninja'd by IGotBored.

Pretty much the only assets YA changes are the ones that need changing if you're going furry, so putting it at the bottom of the load order is fine. It will be incompatible with anything that alters races unless there's a patch. I do load Live Another Life and the better maps mod after it.

18 hours ago, IGotBored said:

I think this is the second time this has happened(maybe?) ?

When I say "ninja'd by *user*", that means: "*user* posted basically the same as I wanted to post, but they did it while I was still typing my reply so I didn't know it was there already and thus my redundant information". I'm fine with it, since it means someone else already answered the question and tried to help :classic_shy:.

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I do load Live Another Life and the better maps mod after it.

The maps mod shouldn't really matter, but I would load LAL before YA instead, just in case. It does have several edits to vanilla records, and while I don't remember if it touches any vanilla NPC (and thus conflicts with YA), I think it's better safe than sorry.

10 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

When I say "ninja'd by *user*", that means: "*user* posted basically the same as I wanted to post, but they did it while I was still typing my reply so I didn't know it was there already and thus my redundant information". I'm fine with it, since it means someone else already answered the question and tried to help :classic_shy:.

Oh yeah i figured, but i just meant that i'm sure this has happened with us before. If it happens again i'm gonna be scared.

On 9/5/2018 at 3:15 AM, Blaze69 said:

Sounds like you have other mod loading after YA that is editing the race data and thus reverting them to the vanilla (human) naked skins.

Try moving YA to the very bottom of the load order so nothing else loads after it (except for YA plugins/patches, obviously). See if that fixes it.

EDIT: ninja'd by IGotBored.

I've been having the same issue, and your solution seems to have solved it.

I've been trying for ages, this is an absolute lifesaver. Thank you.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, Bad Dog said:

@boo sure, do. I'm updating all the low-res textures. 

@hexacron, yes, humanoid zombie things. Read upthread for why.

Edit: I'm hacking around at different bits of YA now. Played with feet, making high-res textures from low res, high-res heads from low res. I have a workable strategy for all that. 

Now I'm going to do a deep dive into KK's stuff. Make the heads high-poly, run through the expressions and see what I can steal for the other beasts, run through hair and beards ditto, finish anything that needs finishing. Get the new paws on them. Then return to the other races.

Apologies for the delay. I might get back to doing some on my own, but in case you wanted the resources now I've attached the current working textures. Note these are designed for a vanilla UV'd version of SOS that I put out some time ago. I've also attached a working file I was using to try and correct the texture to better match the contours of the vanilla normal map for better blending.

KhajiitCorrection.7z

@boo, thx. Don't get insulted if I don't use it, I've done some work on my end and I'll have to go with what feels best.

Edit: Do you or anybody feel strongly about the heavy fur texture in the normal map? It shows as large-scale ripples in the fur texture. Boo's image is a good example, the vanilla khajiit shows it, and KK's new lykaios textures show it. I'm not sure I love it at all--without actual fur I think it looks like a molded surface rather than fuzz. But maybe that's just me.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

@boo, thx. Don't get insulted if I don't use it, I've done some work on my end and I'll have to go with what feels best.

Edit: Do you or anybody feel strongly about the heavy fur texture in the normal map? It shows as large-scale ripples in the fur texture. Boo's image is a good example, the vanilla khajiit shows it, and KK's new lykaios textures show it. I'm not sure I love it at all--without actual fur I think it looks like a molded surface rather than fuzz. But maybe that's just me.

I've noticed it's quite lumpy lookin on the rest of the body as well once ya get past the head and upper body region

Making progress, but OMG. KK has a massive amount of work here, and I'm going to have to go one part at a time. Here's the lykaios mane:

Spoiler

Lykaios Mane.jpg

Looks damn good, I think. I will go in and play with the weights a bit. It's got the usual problem of verts on the same strand of hair doing different things.

31 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Making progress, but OMG. KK has a massive amount of work here, and I'm going to have to go one part at a time. Here's the lykaios mane: [...]

Looks damn good, I think. I will go in and play with the weights a bit. It's got the usual problem of verts on the same strand of hair doing different things.

It does look pretty good, though I have to say it could look a bit better with a smoother hair texture. Like the one Kritta originally made for it:

Spoiler

tumblr_o5v0zo6pls1ur5xmco1_1280.jpg

Incidentally, there are some other pics on Kritta's tumblr (https://krittakitty.tumblr.com/) that could come in handy as a reference for what the original textures for the hairs were. Like this one:

Spoiler

tumblr_o09q5tBM8H1ur5xmco1_1280.jpg

Hmm, good to have a reference. I might be able to get closer to that... maybe looking at how Apachii did the hair. Also glad to see she's got a variant of the main without the forelock... I was thinking I might do a variant like that myself. (It's a separate nif.)

1 hour ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

That all looks very good, are those scars going to come with it? Or are they separate mod?

You mean from the first pic I posted? Those were posted in Kritta's tumblr page, where she showcased some of the stuff that was going to be in the Lykaios update before she went MIA. I'm not sure, but I think the scarred body was meant for a specific NPC she was making for the mod, probably the one shown in that pic (whether the scars would also be available to the player or they were exclusive to him, I don't have the slightest clue).

Unfortunately, as I've said before there are several files missing from the archive and males are the most affected in that, as they are missing most of their textures, including that scarred body. Unless Bad Dog recreates them from scratch, I don't think we'll be seeing those any time soon.