Really liking KK's expressions. Here's puzzled:

Spoiler

image.png

Gonna steal that. 

Spent way too long making a python script to copy shapes from one mesh to another. There was one, but it was buggy. BUT I need it every time I edit a mesh with tris, so I expect to use it a lot.

I'm running through the morphs now smoothing the lips and re-fitting the mouth to them. No point in having more verts if you don't use them to define the curves.

On 8/22/2018 at 4:17 PM, Bad Dog said:

Not really technical, just a shit ton of work. I can't just stretch out noses--I've done that and it looks like shit. So it would mean putting wolfie heads on the draugr, blending the seam, simplifying the mesh, re-doing the UV map. (Do draugr furries have ears? Do ears rot/wither early? What about tails?) Probably have to fiddle the textures. Weight the bones, export. Do that again for the dozens of draugr. Redo the helmets. Do it again for all the SIC draugr. 

There are more interesting things to do.

Mihail made draugr hounds from death-hounds at some point, maybe if they had the hound heads attached to them it wouldn't look too bad. But yeah that amount of work sounds hair draugr.thumb.jpeg.7091c62e88a24f765d113930b35bd360.jpegpulling.

19 minutes ago, One With Nothing said:

Mihail made draugr hounds from death-hounds at some point, maybe if they had the hound heads attached to them it wouldn't look too bad. But yeah that amount of work sounds hair pulling.

(snip)

That doesn't look bad at all, I could see YA Nords looking like that after draugr-ification.

That being said, even if we used that head and its textures, it would still need to be edited to match humanoid necks and then pasted on all of the vanilla draugr meshes (plus the ones in MNC and maybe SIC as well). The process would probably be shorter once the first one was done, but it would still take some time and there would be a lot of draugr skins to edit, so I'd say it's still not really feasible.

Nevertheless, if Bad Dog wants to give it a shot at some point, I wouldn't mind seeing how that head ends up looking when pasted on a draugr body, even if it's just a single draugr skin done as a proof of concept or whatever.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

That doesn't look bad at all, I could see YA Nords looking like that after draugr-ification.

That being said, even if we used that head and its textures, it would still need to be edited to match humanoid necks and then pasted on all of the vanilla draugr meshes (plus the ones in MNC and maybe SIC as well). The process would probably be shorter once the first one was done, but it would still take some time and there would be a lot of draugr skins to edit, so I'd say it's still not really feasible.

Nevertheless, if Bad Dog wants to give it a shot at some point, I wouldn't mind seeing how that head ends up looking when pasted on a draugr body, even if it's just a single draugr skin done as a proof of concept or whatever.

once a body is made the rest should fall into place, all the draugrs use the same body mesh just with extra armor bits added to them.

(but dragon priests may be more problematic)

some ideas:

make a undead Lykaios texture, then reshape & weight paint it's mesh to be a draugr.

use Mihail's undead werewolf and reshape & weight paint it into a draugr.

use BSLagBoneController or HDT to control it's tail.

for the falmer make a hairless cat texture with a flat face mesh:

article-1162118-03E8FAE1000005DC-857_468x312.jpg + persian-cat-inbreeding-is-on-prime-time-news-21348492.jpg

all easier said than done of course.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

once a body is made the rest should fall into place, all the draugrs use the same body mesh just with extra armor bits added to them.

(but dragon priests may be more problematic)

Huh, really? Then once the base/naked draugr is done, doing the others is just a matter of pasting the extra pieces? Helmets will need to be converted, but everything else should be good to go as-is provided the base body shape is not changed. Interesting.

(Still, Bad Dog would be the one to do it anyway so this is just speculation).

use BSLagBoneController or HDT to control it's tail.

The Beast Skeletons mod already includes a modified skeleton file (as in, the animation kind of skeleton) with proper tail nodes used by the skeletal beast tails. Since AFAIK draugr and skeletons use the same skeleton file, it should be possible to add tails to draugr.

Still, I think it would be better to add short tail stubs without actual tail weights or anything and handwave it as the tails being cut during mummification and/or falling apart due to decay. Just my two cents, though.

for the falmer make a hairless cat texture with a flat face mesh

I'd say their body textures are good enough as they are, it's only the heads that would need to be cat-ified. Maybe add a tail stub to the body too, but that shouldn't be too hard if it's short enough.

4 hours ago, One With Nothing said:

Mihail made draugr hounds from death-hounds at some point, maybe if they had the hound heads attached to them it wouldn't look too bad. But yeah that amount of work sounds hair draugr.thumb.jpeg.7091c62e88a24f765d113930b35bd360.jpegpulling.

Interesting Idea.

And Does Drugar Armor is Ancient Nord Armor? For Furry Drugar, it seems put Ancient Nord Armor to them right. It will save some of work.

I have question. What Yiffy age Anthro will think a Werewolf and Werebear? Yiffy age Anthros already familiar Wolf and other Feline animal. I think Furries consider them as Kin Animals. But how about were-creature? They will think Shape-shift as some sort of necromancy or Evil Deadra magic? I don't think they consider were Creature as mightily beast since they are Antrhomophoed beast themselves. I'm currently on quest of Hircine. This matter make curious.

8 hours ago, Kardienlupus said:

I have question. What Yiffy age Anthro will think a Werewolf and Werebear? Yiffy age Anthros already familiar Wolf and other Feline animal. I think Furries consider them as Kin Animals. But how about were-creature? They will think Shape-shift as some sort of necromancy or Evil Deadra magic? I don't think they consider were Creature as mightily beast since they are Antrhomophoed beast themselves. I'm currently on quest of Hircine. This matter make curious.

Could be like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type thing; a murderous alter ego with super strength.

Well, aesthetic wise, I do like the other better personally. 

Honestly, I'd probably even still go for the lion cloth look the base has if given the option, I suppose I'll have to do some pokin around. 

[Update: I found a mod that gives back the loincloth]

Also I gotta say, kind of surprised ya didn't include some of your other custom races, like the bird and otter, though I can imagine the bird one might of been more complicated to add in with those wings, but why not the otter?

There are only so many vanilla races to replace, it's less bulky if the other cool ones are only available as optionals. (nothing wrong with easter egg NPCs of the others here and there if BD wanted though) Plus Blaze posed a cats vs dogs idea and there were just enough qualifying races to make it work.

4 hours ago, Voldearag said:

There are only so many vanilla races to replace, it's less bulky if the other cool ones are only available as optionals. (nothing wrong with easter egg NPCs of the others here and there if BD wanted though)

It is actually possible to create a NPC that uses a vanilla race but looks like a member of a custom race. Like a Khajiit that looks like a genuine Lykaios, or in this case, like a bird or Cellan. That way you can include members of a race without actually including a new playable race record or whatever. The thing is, you obviously still need to pack the race's assets with the mod, and since both of those use mostly custom assets, you'll have to pack pretty much the entire race mod's files with YA for it to work. So even those "easter egg" NPCs are probably a no-go.

Still, both Bad Dog's and my custom race mods all include NPCs in one way or another (Lungaris has them built into the race plugin itself, and Birds, Cellan and Selachii have optional NPC plugins). So you can simply enable those plugins and have those NPCs in the world alongside YA's races.

So, I get the feeling this pack doesn't fancy environmental overhauls very much. For the longest time I kept having a bunch of issues, mainly freezing up in loading, and the occasional instant crash. Well, during all that I also was using a environmental swap, initially a tropical themed one, then I went back to an older one I used to use, that season of skyrim summer. And said issues continued. Well this most recent attempt I've left out that and so far so good.

What a pity, never was that big a fan of the snowy wasteland parts of skyrim ?

Btw, how hard would it be to do a head swap? I did some touch ups to the hyena race to make it extra hyena like using the fancy sculpt tool. Well.. atleast extra hyena like from my POV, and would love to stick it onto all the rest.

unknown.png

15 hours ago, DarnHyena said:

So, I get the feeling this pack doesn't fancy environmental overhauls very much. For the longest time I kept having a bunch of issues, mainly freezing up in loading, and the occasional instant crash. Well, during all that I also was using a environmental swap, initially a tropical themed one, then I went back to an older one I used to use, that season of skyrim summer. And said issues continued. Well this most recent attempt I've left out that and so far so good.

What a pity, never was that big a fan of the snowy wasteland parts of skyrim ?

That's not a problem of compatibility, but rather of performance.

The "tropical" and "summer" overhauls usually add several new assets to the worldspace, like trees and flowers and stuff, and they tend to get a bit heavy handed with those (hey, it's summer/a lush tropical paradise, it's gotta have a lot of green, right?) and that explains their heavy impact on performance. If you couple that with YA which also has an impact on performance, that may be going too far for your system and causing the unstability and crashes.

Outside of that, there is no reason for those mods to directly conflict with YA.

Btw, how hard would it be to do a head swap? I did some touch ups to the hyena race to make it extra hyena like using the fancy sculpt tool. Well.. atleast extra hyena like from my POV, and would love to stick it onto all the rest.

The only way I know to do so would require using NifSkope and Outfit Studio and then re-exporting FaceGen data for all vanilla Redguard NPCs in the game with the CK. I can give you detailed instructions if you want, but bear in mind it's not going to be easy or quick.

Say what about your new head makes it look more like a hyena.

At one point I did a lower-res patch for YA, but I don't think I've kept it up to date with texture changes. Bodies go from 4K to 2K, heads from 2K to 1K. Might be worth a try. Really, except for SOS and the hi-res textures, there's no particular reason for YA to have a huge impact.

I'm sorry Bad Dog. I don't know Today is time to pay patron patronage to you. I drew all money from Paypal for my purpose while I don't know it time to give a beer to you. Money I drew is international transaction. It will took 3-5 I receive money on my Bank account. Once I decide to become patron, I'll keep Promise. I'll restart Patron as soon I got back the money. :)

From Blaze:
The only way I know to do so would require using NifSkope and Outfit Studio and then re-exporting FaceGen data for all vanilla Redguard NPCs in the game with the CK. I can give you detailed instructions if you want, but bear in mind it's not going to be easy or quick.

Ideally, I would love to also be able to give the head a proper make over in like blender or something, cause then I can snip out and rebuild parts as needed, but I wouldn't have a clue of how I'd stick it back in fully functional ?

9 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Say what about your new head makes it look more like a hyena.

Well, for me, I always felt like a spotted hyenas facial structure tend to be more squarish and round then pointy. Like the ears and noses for example.

image.png.dee2e22fa88c9142b412801cd3d22950.png

To help further point it out, here's some good ol fashion red lines :v

image.png.8828e5a3f9b934ac2a3be96870e7c4be.png

Course, a bit of my own artstyle probably crept in here and there, but ya. :v

1 hour ago, DarnHyena said:

Ideally, I would love to also be able to give the head a proper make over in like blender or something, cause then I can snip out and rebuild parts as needed, but I wouldn't have a clue of how I'd stick it back in fully functional ?

Then you'll have to talk to Bad Dog, he's the one that knows how to work on nifs directly in Blender (as opposed to exporting meshes as OBJ via Oufit Studio for further edits in Blender and then importing back once done, which is what I do). Also head parts need to be edited in a very specific way so morphs don't end up broken, specially if you intend to "snip out" and "rebuild" parts. He should be able to guide you through it if you really want to give it a shot.