I am interested in using this mod, primarily because it has a wider variety of races available than the furry age of skyrim.  However, I don't own the dawnguard, nor hearthfire expansions for Skyrim which it seems to require.  Is there any way for me to run this mod without having to download those two expansions?  I assume that is the issue I am having because Skyrim crashes as soon as I run it with these mods installed.

11 minutes ago, Lafayette1239 said:

I am interested in using this mod, primarily because it has a wider variety of races available than the furry age of skyrim.  However, I don't own the dawnguard, nor hearthfire expansions for Skyrim which it seems to require.  Is there any way for me to run this mod without having to download those two expansions?  I assume that is the issue I am having because Skyrim crashes as soon as I run it with these mods installed.

Basically? No. While a version could be made that does not require Hearthfires or Dawnguard, the interest in doing that is not there. Mostly since this would require maintaining two different versions of a mod that is quite large already. Otherwise, the reason for the crashes is because you are missing the DLCs, and the game is trying to load or alter information in those DLCs based on what this mod does. 

I don't think Hearthfires and Dawnguard would be that much on Steam, if you do really want to use this mod. It would also allow you to use a number of other mods that require each, even if you don't want to play their quests - which there are mods to make their quests be your choice of when, and if, you want to do them.

So what I was going to say before I deleted the whole thread and CPU had to resurrect it -- thanks, CPU -- was, does it bug anyone else that there are no scars? I wasn't sure how to do it in any reasonable kind of way because they're head parts and they have to follow the facial expressions. But it turns out I just have to make a mask for each head shape from the tris and then generate the tris again, which all seems very straightforward.

Only curveball is scars made for humans may not fit animal heads well. But that's a minor hiccup, I think. 

Imma do an update of YA sooner or later which has a bunch of fairly minor fixes. I might try to put scars in there too.

Hmm, maybe things are a little more complicated than I thought. The humanoid scars only have one mesh for all races, despite the different head shapes. There is a set of tris (the races tris) which seem to define different shapes for different races. I guess that's how Skyrim produces different base head shapes for the races. So then I need to build a races tri for each scar mask -- which is perfectly doable because they're all based on the citrus head. Except vaalsark and lykaios. So those scars will have to be special, and there will have to be a special "valid races" formlist for them.

A little more complicated, but I think still doable. 

4 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Basically? No. While a version could be made that does not require Hearthfires or Dawnguard, the interest in doing that is not there. Mostly since this would require maintaining two different versions of a mod that is quite large already. Otherwise, the reason for the crashes is because you are missing the DLCs, and the game is trying to load or alter information in those DLCs based on what this mod does. 

I don't think Hearthfires and Dawnguard would be that much on Steam, if you do really want to use this mod. It would also allow you to use a number of other mods that require each, even if you don't want to play their quests - which there are mods to make their quests be your choice of when, and if, you want to do them.

Well thanks for the response.  Right now it would cost $25 to purchase both of the expansion on steam, and it isn't really worth it to me.  Hopefully it goes on sale at some point soon.

25 minutes ago, InyBisInsulate said:

This titlescreen picture is so fucked up, seriously! Textboxes go behind it! Wtf, can't even read or click it! Not to mention the "cringeness" of it, damn!

You sure all of your mods are correctly installed? Never seen that problem pop up before.

29 minutes ago, Rockat said:

You sure all of your mods are correctly installed? Never seen that problem pop up before.

The skyrim logo got replaced with 2 furries holding the sign and that logo covered up a unselectable textbox that "old unoff. skyrim patch" breaks things. I installed it before the legendary one because "extra bandits" requires the normal patch, stupid requirements! But anyhow, deleted the "interface" folder in the "yiffy" core and i was able to actually read it! Nevermind!

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Hmm, maybe things are a little more complicated than I thought. The humanoid scars only have one mesh for all races, despite the different head shapes. There is a set of tris (the races tris) which seem to define different shapes for different races. I guess that's how Skyrim produces different base head shapes for the races. So then I need to build a races tri for each scar mask -- which is perfectly doable because they're all based on the citrus head. Except vaalsark and lykaios. So those scars will have to be special, and there will have to be a special "valid races" formlist for them.

Or, y'know, you could build new CITRUS-based heads for Vaalsark and and Lykaios so they can use the same morphs and scar meshes and are as smooth/hi-poly as all of the other races. Just my two cents, though.

(I know I've suggested this a few times already, but the contrast between their original heads and the new CITRUS ones for the other races is so jarring that I can't help :classic_confused:).

8 hours ago, Voldearag said:

Scars could be really cool, but I've never minded not having them.  Krittakitty's scars fit their fur very well, I expected it to have to be from scratch to fit.  I'm for scars but I'm always happy about any updates. 

Oh, boy. Checking Kritta's WIP images is a huge bummer, because they looked so good. Such a shame she didn't manage to at least post all the raw assets/WIPs before going MIA :classic_undecided:.

I mean, just look at that:

Spoiler

tumblr_o5v0zo6pls1ur5xmco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o09q5tBM8H1ur5xmco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzchesy1XN1ur5xmco1_1280.jpg

:classic_sad:

5 hours ago, Lafayette1239 said:

Well thanks for the response.  Right now it would cost $25 to purchase both of the expansion on steam, and it isn't really worth it to me.  Hopefully it goes on sale at some point soon.

Steam no longer lists Legendary in searches, only SSE shows up. Probably due to Bethesda wanting to force newcomers into buying SSE and eating up the Creation Club and/or creating more mods for consoles for that sweet "we haz modz" console sales pitch (in the case of prospective modders).

You can still get to the Store page for Legendary using a direct link or through Google, but I'd say due to being dropped from listing, Legendary won't ever be on sale again. So you options are:

• Drop those 25$
  • Get SSE whenever it's on sale (which I assume will happen a few more times at the very least) and wait for a SSE port of this mod which isn't actually guaranteed to happen but hasn't been ruled out yet either.

There is a third option, though. Since Skyrim DLCs don't have any kind of DRM, you could simply procure the ESM and BSA files from somewhere else and drop them into your Data folder; they should work flawlessly then.

Where you would get ahold of those files, though, is none of my business, nor I support or condone piracy or similar actions in any way :classic_rolleyes:.

1 hour ago, InyBisInsulate said:

This titlescreen picture is so fucked up, seriously! Textboxes go behind it! Wtf, can't even read or click it! Not to mention the "cringeness" of it, damn!

"Textboxes going behind it" is something I've never seen in all of my Skyrim playtime, so you should check if there's something broken with your whole Skyrim install or at least your interface files. Maybe check ENB/ReShade/SweetFX as well, since those kind of graphic modifications could maybe cause that kind of visual bugs.

Otherwise, I have to agree it's a bit cringy. I like the idea of replacing the menu to reflect the new furryfied nature of the game, just like loadscreens or the game itself are; but it's not the way I would have gone about it. Too "in the face" and cheesy for my taste.

You could always get rid of it by going to "meshes\interface\logo\" and deleting "logo.nif"; that should restore the vanilla menu screen.

EDIT:

deleted the "interface" folder in the "yiffy" core and i was able to actually read it! Nevermind!

Welp, seems the latter is already solved.

7 hours ago, Lafayette1239 said:

Right now it would cost $25 to purchase both of the expansion on steam, and it isn't really worth it to me.

So drop the $25 already. That's, what, 3 crappy movies? And how long will you spend playing Skyrim? Just do it. You get snow elves and cool loot from Dragonborn.

And don't pirate it or I'll put an internet hex on you.

3 hours ago, InyBisInsulate said:

Not to mention the "cringeness" of it, damn!

Screw you guys, I like it.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Or, y'know, you could build new CITRUS-based heads for Vaalsark and and Lykaios

I hear you. I'm doing birds. Have to say I don't really notice the difference and getting the Citrus mesh to sit right will be a pain. But if I do scars I might convert over these heads rather than doing a different set of scars. 

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Checking Kritta's WIP images is a huge bummer, because they looked so good.

Wasn't there a plan for KK to dump her WIP someplace so people could pick them up and use them? Did that ever happen? Have to say I'd love to have that warpaint, scars, and hair. Love the wolf mane. I might try stealing some of her ideas even without the assets, but I've generally not been happy with my hair. 

27 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I hear you. I'm doing birds. Have to say I don't really notice the difference and getting the Citrus mesh to sit right will be a pain. But if I do scars I might convert over these heads rather than doing a different set of scars. 

I do notice the difference. I dunno, it's just those heads seem a bit... derpy to me, and the low polycount means you can actually see the polys and the blockiness themselves in some areas. Plus there are some other minor bugs, like the Lykaios lips clipping through the teeth with some slider values and such.

Maybe the other heads have spoilt me, but as I said I can't help it. Tried to create some Vaalsark and Lykaios presets so they would be there if/when I want to start a new game playing as them and I simply couldn't find a shape I was happy with. I ended up using the "Face Part" slider to change to the Fox heads and using those, since the Lykaios/Vaalsark textures work on them without major issues or mismatches and the shape is canine enough to not look out of place on wolves or jackals.

(Incidentally, and for the record, I still think some kind of dog species would be a better match for Imperials than jackals, due to them being the "civilized" race and the most human and stuff. Back when I made my Furry Age of Oblivion custom mod I replaced Imperials with Labradors and I think it was a good match. But this is more of a caveat than an actual request, so if you keep them as jackals if/when you build new heads for them, I'll be happy too :classic_shy:.)

27 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Wasn't there a plan for KK to dump her WIP someplace so people could pick them up and use them? Did that ever happen? Have to say I'd love to have that warpaint, scars, and hair. Love the wolf mane. I might try stealing some of her ideas even without the assets, but I've generally not been happy with my hair. 

There was. IIRC when RL things started to go south for Kritta (though I think it was never explained what that was), she wanted to clean her current assets up and post them so at least they could see the light of day and someone could take it up where she left it and make a complete/finished release of the updated Lykaios.

Then she went dark for a long while, and eventually she posted again to announce she had been in contact with someone else that was supposed to take all of her raw data, sort it out and clean it up as much as possible, and finally post it. That person created an account here in LL and said they were waiting for Kritta to finish transfering the files (there were something like a few dozen GBs in there, apparently) aaand procceeded to go dark as well. EDIT: Seems like Kritta was actually going to send the files through "snail mail" (I guess in a HDD or a Flash drive or something?).

We haven't heard from them or Kritta ever since, and seems like the only person remotely related to the project (@Porsche_Dog, which IIRC was the one working on a canine sheath schlong for the race update) hadn't heard from any of them either and was actually kind of out of the modding scene for the time being. So unless any of them come back after all this time and finally post it, I'm afraid we'll never see those assets :classic_sad:.

7 minutes ago, KestrelSky said:

Like full on bird-race? Skree?

Yep.

Spoiler

image.png

You can follow the progress here.

Not a big fan of... whatever that is myself, but as I always say, more beast races will always be welcome. Also BD has said he also plans to work on a raven head so hopefully that one would be a bit more up my alley :classic_shy:. Shadowscale's suggestion or one of BD's previous ones would be what I'd rather go for, to be honest.

31 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Yep.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

You can follow the progress here.

Not a big fan of... whatever that is myself, but as I always say, more beast races will always be welcome. Also BD has said he also plans to work on a raven head so hopefully that one would be a bit more up my alley :classic_shy:. Shadowscale's suggestion or one of BD's previous ones would be what I'd rather go for, to be honest.

Interesting. Vultures don't push my buttons apparently, but they would make a great dark brotherhood character! I think Gryphons/eagles are more my thing. I did have a little daydream of a snowy-owl race for snow-elves, even though I love the snow leopards you made Blaze.

15 hours ago, Lafayette1239 said:

Hmm...I got the Legendary Edition on Amazon for $19.99 (prime) a ways back. Now I see it for $25 (Prime) 15.99, and 13.37 USD. Shipping not applied. If you don't have Amazon, check other online stores.

Heya guys, Anbeegod has made this mod which I've been waiting for, for quite some time. It looks amazing, even thought it's just a prologue of what's to come. Thing is though,  I want to know if it's compatiibly with Yiffy, as it'd be quite the drag to disable Yiffy just to play this mod..but I REEEAALLY want to. ><

43 minutes ago, Taven said:

Heya guys, Anbeegod has made this mod which I've been waiting for, for quite some time. It looks amazing, even thought it's just a prologue of what's to come. Thing is though,  I want to know if it's compatiibly with Yiffy, as it'd be quite the drag to disable Yiffy just to play this mod..but I REEEAALLY want to. ><

Won't know for sure until I can check the mod in TES5Edit at the very least, but at frist glance it seems like it should be possible to use that mod alongside YA.

You would need a YA patch that restores YA's appearance changes to vanilla NPCs (Onmund for sure, and maybe other vanilla NPCs if they are edited in any way) and also furryfies any new NPCs added by it, but that's it. The mod doesn't seem to add any new items like boots or helmets (won't be sure until I load it); if there are any they would need to be patched too, but that is pretty much it.

TL;DR: You need a patch, but it shouldn't be too hard to create it. Once it's done, then it should work just fine.

Hiya, I've been playing this mod and I absolutely love it, but I was wondering if there will possibly be a patch for the skyrim romance mod in the future? I hate to choose between the two. When you play with both mods, the npcs in skyrim romance have missing face textures and floating teeth and eyes.  Doesn't need to be immediate (I know you need your time) but will there be any possible chance for a patch in the future?

7 minutes ago, AnwenFennec said:

Hiya, I've been playing this mod and I absolutely love it, but I was wondering if there will possibly be a patch for the skyrim romance mod in the future? I hate to choose between the two. When you play with both mods, the npcs in skyrim romance have missing face textures and floating teeth and eyes.  Doesn't need to be immediate (I know you need your time) but will there be any possible chance for a patch in the future?

Don't really see myself playing through that mod or even downloading it, judging by what I've heard about it (Twilight-style romance that was also completely ripped off from a Neverwinter Nights mod? No thanks; even if it's not completely true, the genre is not my thing anyway). So unless Bad Dog whips up a patch for it, I'm afraid you are on your own.

Creating the patch yourself shouldn't be too dificult, though; all you need is TES5Edit, the "BD Furry Transmogrifier V3" script for it (which should be included in the YA download in the "tools" folder), and the CK to export the new FaceGen data. I could provide more in-depth instructions if you are interest and need them.

EDIT: ninja'd by Bad Dog. Seems like he will look into it, so there's that.

So guys, I did a patch to put the Apachii Skyhair on NPCs. But to maximize the different hairstyles available, I included KS Hairdos and Saerileth's Khajiit Hair mod as well.

My problem is that I've got something called "KS Hairdos - Beast Race" which I included, and I now can't find it on Nexus. Does anyone know what might have happened to it, or what the history is? There's a shit ton of hairstyles in there, so I'd hate to lose it. I'd hate to have to re-gen all the NPCs again, too. 

9 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

So guys, I did a patch to put the Apachii Skyhair on NPCs. But to maximize the different hairstyles available, I included KS Hairdos and Saerileth's Khajiit Hair mod as well.

My problem is that I've got something called "KS Hairdos - Beast Race" which I included, and I now can't find it on Nexus. Does anyone know what might have happened to it, or what the history is? There's a shit ton of hairstyles in there, so I'd hate to lose it. I'd hate to have to re-gen all the NPCs again, too. 

That was a set of hairs from KS that KrittaKitty converted to Khajiit heads. It got deleted alongside the Lykaios and all of Kritta's files from the Nexus by mistake, but it never got reuploaded afterwards (unlike the Lykaios, which BTW is why the current Lykaios page is named "Legacy Version" and doesn't have a detailed description). You probably got the file from someone's reupload to LL, perhaps even one of mine.

Should be fine to use it. It's from before KS was taken down due to some specific hairs having been used without permission, but all of the hairs Kritta converted are still in the post-cleanup KS download so that means those never had any problems with permissions and thus they weren't affected. And since Kritta didn't restrict permissions herself, you're on the clear :classic_shy:.

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Won't know for sure until I can check the mod in TES5Edit at the very least, but at frist glance it seems like it should be possible to use that mod alongside YA.

You would need a YA patch that restores YA's appearance changes to vanilla NPCs (Onmund for sure, and maybe other vanilla NPCs if they are edited in any way) and also furryfies any new NPCs added by it, but that's it. The mod doesn't seem to add any new items like boots or helmets (won't be sure until I load it); if there are any they would need to be patched too, but that is pretty much it.

TL;DR: You need a patch, but it shouldn't be too hard to create it. Once it's done, then it should work just fine.

So, I'll need a patch? But I know nothing about making one. >< Would anything be broken other than Onmund(Or any other npc added/changed) being human instead of furryfied?