Status of FO4 scene? Almost dead?

Guest FunkyLounge

F4 is just a overhyped bad game, many modders refuse to make stuff for it because they dont feel like playing it. 

It's not only because modders refuse to make stuff because they don't feel like playing it. Fallout 4 is still in beta and still waiting for the final updates to release. Until then, modders have their hands tied mostly due to making a mod and then having their hands tied because a update breaks the mod. Until the game is fully updated, like it has been said, "No large mods will be released till Bethesda fully updates the game". Till then Modders avoid modding Fallout 4.

I am sorry but what? What the hell you are doing in this game? Building houses? There are no interesting sidequests, no interesting characters, no interesting world in this shallow and dulll game.

Same here, I'm level 75 at 480 hours and haven't been into the Institute yet, I assembled the Teleporter but cleaning up side quests first. I did finish Automatron and Far Harbour though (haven't finished exploring all of far harbour yet.

Yeah I go 5 to 10 settlers at every possible settlement, but didn't bother giving them more than basic beds, water, crops and a few turrets, better guns and armor and provisioners.

I'm continually finding new parts of the city, rooftops and little quirky side characters & quests. I go up one fire escape ladder or through an unmarked door and find another 3-10 hours of exploring enemys and buildings sometimes.

Not everyone rushes a game to finish fastest, people doing that then bragging of finishing the game in 100 hours get what they deserve, but they still whinge about not enough content when they bypassed 80% of the game, some even googling the fastest way to complete it :P

The GECK4s not even out of beta yet, F4SE hasn't got many of the functions us scripters need. Many of us are still learning the system, the documentation is very incomplete, there's a lot of trial by error stuff happening still to achieve even simple scripted mods. In another 12 month we will make mods that will make the Nvidia contest winners look like crayon work if what was achieved so far in FONV and Skyrim are anything to go by :)

Many of us will still be playing and modding FO4 for quite a few years whether you like it or not, we don't give a crap about your whining, eventually your type will go off whining about GTA 7 or something instead.

I am sorry but what? What the hell you are doing in this game? Building houses? There are no interesting sidequests, no interesting characters, no interesting world in this shallow and dulll game.

Same here, I'm level 75 at 480 hours and haven't been into the Institute yet, I assembled the Teleporter but cleaning up side quests first. I did finish Automatron and Far Harbour though (haven't finished exploring all of far harbour yet.

Yeah I go 5 to 10 settlers at every possible settlement, but didn't bother giving them more than basic beds, water, crops and a few turrets, better guns and armor and provisioners.

I'm continually finding new parts of the city, rooftops and little quirky side characters & quests. I go up one fire escape ladder or through an unmarked door and find another 3-10 hours of exploring enemys and buildings sometimes.

Not everyone rushes a game to finish fastest, people doing that then bragging of finishing the game in 100 hours get what they deserve, but they still whinge about not enough content when they bypassed 80% of the game, some even googling the fastest way to complete it :P

The GECK4s not even out of beta yet, F4SE hasn't got many of the functions us scripters need. Many of us are still learning the system, the documentation is very incomplete, there's a lot of trial by error stuff happening still to achieve even simple scripted mods. In another 12 month we will make mods that will make the Nvidia contest winners look like crayon work if what was achieved so far in FONV and Skyrim are anything to go by :)

Many of us will still be playing and modding FO4 for quite a few years whether you like it or not, we don't give a crap about your whining, eventually your type will go off whining about GTA 7 or something instead.

I know right? I'm replaying the Main story, (since I finished with the B.O.S.) so I can get caught up with a 3 faction friendly ending. Then I shall move on to Vault-Tec Workshop release on the 26th. :D

There are no interesting sidequests, no interesting characters, no interesting world in this shallow and dulll game. 

This much, at least, I agree with. Bethesda really dropped the ball on giving this game life. I've been saying since its release that FO4 was unfinished. It definitely could have stood a few more months in development and debugging (no matter what they say, I still call bullshit that they spent July-Sept. of '15 doing serious debugging). The release of patches and "DLC" every other month, the six month wait for even a beta GECK, the ongoing issues with console mod support, mod theft and misunderstandings about who's doing it, it's little wonder modders aren't doing much.

But like every BGS game it has potential. It may be another six months to a year before modders begin to help it realize that potential but I'm patient enough to wait. It's not like this is the only game I play.

I can't even play the game for all the updates.  Every time I try, I find out that this mod is out of date, or that update made that mod obsolete, or something that never caused a problem is crashing.  Sure, I've beaten the main storyline about 7-8 times unmodded, I love the game, but I'm bored with the vanilla and I insist on enhancing my experience with mods now.  If I were still modding, I wouldn't even consider modding a damn thing right now.  I'm waiting on Bethesda to stop screwing around so I can get back to playing the damn game.

And if ANY OF YOU are complaining that you spend most of your time building in Fallout 4, I challenge you to go back and look at the forums surrounding Morrowind and Oblivion and Fallout 3, how we were begging Bethesda to let us build our own player homes, decorate our own lairs, and be able to make a lasting impact on the world.  They gave us a small taste of that with Hearthfire, but THIS is what we've been waiting for.  I'm sorry that you're expecting another Call of Duty clone ... this isn't going to be it.

Level 118 over here, 660 hours in game since late November last year. My current position along the main quest lines I have posted two pages earlier. Every faction is alive and /w exception of the RR still performing side quests or should I say, the scripted AI warmongers in the Commonwealth are paralyzed. Not every AI can handle the unscripted situation though. As a consequence, Paladin Danse run amok in each an every settlement so I had to quit company with the trigger-happy tin soldier, now a retired tin man, waiting for his cheerleader scribe to join the privacy. I'm human after all, doubtlessly not defrosted to start a post-apocalyptic war but to end all hostilities among the four main human factions and thus with the crazy raiders as well. No Fast Travel in use to move the caravan of courage made of four adults, a child mahout of the pack brahmin and a frakkin dog over the grid to make the Commonwealth a better place, slowly but steadily, of course on survival mode.

660 hours, oh my gosh, I have problems to even got to 60 lol.

Maybe situation will be a little better when CK will be out of beta (if it leaves beta status at all lol)

But some of you is right that many moders don't care about FO4 that much like they did with New Vegas or Skyrim, for example Dragbody, he refuses to make mods for FO4 simply because he does not like this game at all, yet he is still making (amazing) mods for Fallout New Vegas...

Another problem is that some apps still don't (fully or at all) support FO4 as they support older GameBryo games.

F4 is just a overhyped bad game, many modders refuse to make stuff for it because they dont feel like playing it. 

And? I play it since release... still in the first run /w unfinished main story, and only that matters to me. 

It's not by chance called role playing game,

Of you are calling action shooter F4 a "RPG" you clearly have no idea what is a good RPG. I feel sorry for you. 

Exactly this 

I mean it wast the best game when released, hat tons of fun with it, played about 60 hours,  but now it got old and...   yeah modders need fantasy rpg with more excuses why to add random out of place stuff, explained by magic.    

Exactly this 

I mean it wast the best game when released, hat tons of fun with it, played about 60 hours,  but now it got old and...   yeah modders need fantasy rpg with more excuses why to add random out of place stuff, explained by magic.

Not all modders, there are those of us who would just Science the crap out of it with nanites or something, some people just like the easy answer :P

Some people are sick of bloody Elves too :P

You obviously prefer Fantsy there's nothing any Fallout or Wasteland like game is going to do about it.

And? I play it since release... still in the first run /w unfinished main story, and only that matters to me. 

It's not by chance called role playing game,

Of you are calling action shooter F4 a "RPG" you clearly have no idea what is a good RPG. I feel sorry for you. 

Awww, that must have hurt, huh? Having no such thing as imagination. Yeah, some people must follow a prefab script not to take an arrow in the knee, some don't have to. It's a kind of magic...

in terms of mod density its just as big as new vegas and bigger than fo3 according to the nexus and its only been 1/2 a year

​although i question how much can even be expaded on, skyrim had loads of content fo4 feels shallow from what i heard many say

so maybe it will have a short life or not at best it wont be as epic as skyrim 

in terms of mod density its just as big as new vegas and bigger than fo3 according to the nexus and its only been 1/2 a year

​although i question how much can even be expaded on, skyrim had loads of content fo4 feels shallow from what i heard many say

so maybe it will have a short life or not at best it wont be as epic as skyrim

You have no idea how shallow Skyrim feels for those familiar with the Norse myths. For us it was like Snorri Sturluson's saga for dummies, the transliterated Fast Food Edda for wanna-be Vikings that don't even have realized Alduin as the protagonist's bad alter ego one has to overcome first in a stretched prologue. Epic are the Norse myths, indeed, Skyrim was not. After just a year in game I couldn't stand the child saga in 3d any longer and buried the war axe I've never delivered. Only the best die young, picked up as chosen ones by the Valkyries that fly to battle. The brave rest may rot on site, friend and foe alike.

post-1114820-0-66372600-1469359949_thumb.png

On my unmodded save, I might have a bit more than that. But once I unlocked all the Achievements in said game, I went straight into modding. I created a new play through and have logged 168 hours total due to other game cutting into my time. (Being asked for help to do something in other games.) And to be honest with you, I will treat this game just like Fallout 3. In Fallout 3 I had roughly played the game for a total of 7000+ hours. I was in love with Fallout. New Vegas didn't hit me other than the lore between New Vegas and Fallout 2 with the Vault suit. Literally if I did not mod New Vegas, I probably wouldn't have played that one for almost 2000 hours. Fallout 4 I'm still working on and I am Far From Home, (Ha, see what I did there?) on ever being done with this game. Fallout 4 is a new story. ~Shrugs~ Or I might just be another Fallout fan girl and always will be one? 

From what I have been seeing across the internet is like what I stated in a post earlier in this thread, that Fallout Modding is slow. People are pissed at Bethesda for not fixing the game completely and I understand that. But, it took a year for Bethesda to update Fallout 3 and under a year for them to update Fallout New Vegas. Bethesda has a trend of releasing DLC's before updating the game to the best of their abilities without causing major game breaking problems. Like any game, fix one bug, cause another. So yes mod's fall out of sync and people are frustrated by that? Understandable, but the realization that the game is still a beta. Content removed from the original game to be sold later on? It's plain and simple marketing. It fuels the reason to continue the game. Bungie did it with Destiny way worse than Bethesda has done with Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Just imagine if Modders for Elder Scrolls and Fallout decided to charge money for their mod's as payment to release content. Would you mod the game? Maybe or maybe not. Another thing to release, and I am not expert on this and may be wrong, but Bethesda is working with a new game engine sort of. Yeah, Creation Engine was used in Skyrim, but they are trying to keep up to date with technology to the best of their abilities. I have faith Bethesda will work it out like they always do and things will get better. I also know that people will complain until Bethesda completes their work. Till then, let them do what they do. 

I have played fallout 4 for about 300 hours did a lot of exploring and settlement building. Then last week i got mount and blade warband. Been playing it since. A few hours ago i tried to play fallout 4 and i just could not.

I find that 6 year old game with really crappy graphics has much better mechanics and replay value compared to a AAA production like fallout 4. I did not have that problem with FNV or F3. Something is fundamentally wrong with fallout 4 if you ask me. Whatever made F3 and FNV such a success, has been lost.

FNV had a really bad engine. The game kept randomly crashing every 2 hours. If it didnt crash then loading would be slow. Yet i love that game. I dont seem to be able to love F4 in the same manner. In spite of all the bugs and crashes i really enjoyed fallout new vegas.

As for fallout 4 i dont think i will be going back to it anytime soon. And i will approach the next Fallout with a great deal of caution.

I have played fallout 4 for about 300 hours did a lot of exploring and settlement building. Then last week i got mount and blade warband. Been playing it since. A few hours ago i tried to play fallout 4 and i just could not.

I find that 6 year old game with really crappy graphics has much better mechanics and replay value compared to a AAA production like fallout 4. I did not have that problem with FNV or F3. Something is fundamentally wrong with fallout 4 if you ask me. Whatever made F3 and FNV such a success, has been lost.

FNV had a really bad engine. The game kept randomly crashing every 2 hours. If it didnt crash then loading would be slow. Yet i love that game. I dont seem to be able to love F4 in the same manner. In spite of all the bugs and crashes i really enjoyed fallout new vegas.

As for fallout 4 i dont think i will be going back to it anytime soon. And i will approach the next Fallout with a great deal of caution.

I don't understand what why so many hate this game. "I guess the novelty wore off?" catches the meaning for it? Eh. Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 ran on the same Gamebryo Engine. Fallout 3 until GOTY would crash every two hours in it self. So FNV wasn't the only one. I have actually experienced less crashes than I did in Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 3. Now, the only reason why I experience a crash now is due to weather rendering not going right or too many mod's loading at once. Bugs don't bother me since I came into the game like I did the other ones saving every time I sense or know something important is coming up and just guess it had a possible bug. 

I feel like a lot of the modders are just waiting till all the DLC/updates/etc are done as well. It can be annoying as hell having to rewrite stuff for each new update.

I also feel like Fallout 4 is a lot more robust then the ones before it. I personally haven't been able to crash it unless I deliberately screw up things up to much, like stress testing and what not.

I feel like a lot of the modders are just waiting till all the DLC/updates/etc are done as well. It can be annoying as hell having to rewrite stuff for each new update.

I also feel like Fallout 4 is a lot more robust then the ones before it. I personally haven't been able to crash it unless I deliberately screw up things up to much, like stress testing and what not.

I'm in this position. I've made a personal mod, and I've plans for a quest based mod that I'd release, but I'm waiting for Nuka-World to hit, as it's supposed to be the final DLC.

I also feel like we're starting to see higher quality mods hitting now as people are getting more used to using the CK.

And while the FallOut series has never had the same level of following as the Elder Scrolls series in terms of mods, it's still impressive. If there was a sci-fi based game that was able to handle the same kind of mod support, then that'd be where I spent most of my time. It's all relative, and there isn't anything wrong with some folks still enjoying modding older games. Hell, I still start-up Oblivion every once in a while myself.

I don't understand what why so many hate this game. "I guess the novelty wore off?" catches the meaning for it? Eh. Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 ran on the same Gamebryo Engine. Fallout 3 until GOTY would crash every two hours in it self. So FNV wasn't the only one. I have actually experienced less crashes than I did in Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 3. Now, the only reason why I experience a crash now is due to weather rendering not going right or too many mod's loading at once. Bugs don't bother me since I came into the game like I did the other ones saving every time I sense or know something important is coming up and just guess it had a possible bug.

I never experienced the 2 hour crash thing in FONV, crashing only happened later midway through my playthrough when I started adding mods, often I caused the crashing with my own mods noobness. I also discovered that a few popular mods were also causing crashing through the same mistakes I made with overflow errors or divide by zeros etc.

I never used the "crashfix" mods because I found they only hid the issues that caused some mods to crash a game on load. I reported the issues to some modders and stopped using their mod rather than stick a bandaid over a bullet wound.

If you look at a lot of Haters, they say they went back to a Fantasy game, I would suggest they simply prefer Fantasy to Post-Nuke stuff and probably aren't going to be happy with any Fallout unless it has Drow Elves and Magic :P

I've only recently experienced any crashes due to performance issues and that is only because a bunch of robots were all self-destructing at once in the Mechanist's Lair, an area filled to the brim with objects. Fallout 4 definitely isn't as fiddly than the previous two entries.

If you look at a lot of Haters, they say they went back to a Fantasy game, I would suggest they simply prefer Fantasy to Post-Nuke stuff and probably aren't going to be happy with any Fallout unless it has Drow Elves and Magic :P

They could try using the Oni Face Parts and Asian Face Enhanced if they want elves and Jedi and Sith Force Powers or Bioshock Plasmids if they want sci-fi quasi-magic powers.

Archived