Status of FO4 scene? Almost dead?

Guest FunkyLounge

Guest FunkyLounge

Hello there everybody,

Is it just my impression or did everybody stick witj Skyrim? I am still waiting for some great clothing, high heel system and some slick heels - tjey are nowhere to be found!

I mean yes there are some great clothing mods, but not a lot.

Not the heels though, do you know if anybody is even working on a HH system and meshes? Fallout 4 is sorely missing them!

It would be sad to never move past Skyrim...

I have no idea, but wanted to point out that it's a pain in the rear to keep up a complex mod for a game that's still being patched on a frequent basis. More experienced modders might even be waiting for things to stabilize before they start anything serious - and I think the serious tools for FO4 (like script extenders) are basically still in early development.

Skyrim is to modding what League of Legends is to Twitch. I just commented on how pathetic the interest in creating new clothing has been in 2Pac's thread, it's barren and surprisingly so since people love to create clothing for these games, hell there's probably more face replacers and companion makeovers than clothing, but I am not a creator so I don't know the time it takes to make this stuff, so I can't criticize the situation, I mean I can and did but, I understand that it may not be easy.

I have no idea, but wanted to point out that it's a pain in the rear to keep up a complex mod for a game that's still being patched on a frequent basis. More experienced modders might even be waiting for things to stabilize before they start anything serious - and I think the serious tools for FO4 (like script extenders) are basically still in early development.

Excellent point, wait for all the DLC and then start modding, instead of having your mod broken with each update. I assume Nuka World is the last DLC, if you ask me the people who bought Season Passes got hosed once again.

Hello there everybody,

Is it just my impression or did everybody stick witj Skyrim? I am still waiting for some great clothing, high heel system and some slick heels - tjey are nowhere to be found!

Not the heels though, do you know if anybody is even working on a HH system and meshes? Fallout 4 is sorely missing them!

heels / hh etc will take time anything mesh altering WILL take time, once its learned the mods will flood, so you need to have a bit more patience -.-

heels / hh etc will take time anything mesh altering WILL take time, once its learned the mods will flood, so you need to have a bit more patience -.-

I just want someone to make power armor model with an exposed wearer and moving levers and dildos... doing things to the wearer

I just want someone to make power armor model with an exposed wearer and moving levers and dildos... doing things to the wearer

im sure I read here somewhere someone else mentioning a "devious" powersuit lol

Hello there everybody,

1) The game has pretty terrible lighting and graphics. Makes body and skin look like dogshit. So skyrim's graphics are favorable. The ENB creater has been making great progress to provide better lighting though. 

2) No F4SE features atm and i doubt they'll be making any progress for awhile considering all the patches killing their progress. 

3) New animation files and skeletons. No tool to work with either atm 

4) New texture types, although they aren't much of an issue currently

5) Still a very small amount of API. I'm absolutely amazed Bethesda STILL continous to pump out games with little scripting functionality. It's pretty sad when a game depends on third party content such as F4SE to properly function. 

6) New dialog system which isn't nice to mods and has absolutely destroys the possibility of a variety of choices. 

7) Incredibly boring base game. Skyrim and previous fallout's had enough playtime that making mods for them was worth the development time

8) No nice looking bodies. CBBE looks alright, but it still has many oddities.

Or in other words, previous Bethesda games are still more favorable and have many features unlike Fallout 4. I honestly don't see any reason to waste any time putting work into mods for Fallout 4 atm. 

The creation kit and script extender are in very early stages of development, and is not that using them now makes your game even more unstable than skyrim, but you can do literally nothing complex right now, so, even as the modding scene should be faster because the skyrim practice (and btw, Fo4 is running on the skyrim engine), it looks like bugthesda did things differently enough this time, that the whole process of modding has to evolve again from the start. Sad, but most likely truth.

I dare say we will start seeing really good mods, a year or some from here.

Hello there everybody,

GECK4 is not out of beta yet................

You tried doing mods purely in FO4Edit?

Heels and stuff with height adjustments will be a pain in the ass for FO4.... I think I said that back in dec....

First and foremost.

The feet are physically part of the torso section of the body which resides in slot 33 (unlike skyrim where the feet were a seperate nif).

So the shoe's have to be included into what ever goes into slot 33 in Fallout 4 outfits for a high heel setup to work.

Until a HDT system is created to run in FO4... you'll get (at most) the mods that reduce the lower leg length to allow for a high heel design - Actually the Free Daz conversions for FO4 already do this (delete the feet and lower leg via zap slider and add the boot into the nif).

HDT HH for skyrim is a SKSE addon, and F4SE is still in development.

Throw on top of that which build do they release for... Beta Build xyz or final build abc... cause both are bound to change within a week or 2 (hopefully they will slow down now that workshop dlc2 is out, but then again it may not).

Not to mention the build will probably change again once Nuka World hits (and yeah there will probably be beta's both before and after its release).

And for anyone complaining about the female bodies that are currently available.... if you can't Bodyslide a body to your liking with CBBE, or Janebody, then you better learn how to sculpt in a 3d app.

Cause I really really really don't see anything else coming out any time soon to compete with either of those.

To be honest....

Fallout 4 mods have come along faster then any other Bethesda game to my knowledge.

Nifskope, FO4Edit, Bodyslide 3, 3D Studio Max Nif support, etc etc.... those were all out within 3 months of the games release.

Are the tools in there final form? Hell no, not until everything is understood about the nif format (which will probably never be listed outside of beth studio's). But ask yourself this: how long did it take to get tools for Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas (which shares a lot of the engine design as 3), Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind.

Are the mods coming, yeah there is probably someone working on some outfit somewhere that may make you drool all over yourself.

Me I'm pretty happy with the current clothing options, I want animations... I really want to nut punch a raider then slit his throat (okay kinda graphic but you get the point).

What is still needed.... lots of shit. lots and lots of shit.

What I'm hoping will happen is a large amount of mods will come out that require Script Extender, which will make all the console people bitch (cause they would need F4SE to work on there consoles for the mods to function). But I'm a sadist like that :ph34r:

Mostly talking about clothing mods. Click on download section notice almost barren wasteland of nothingness. Some mods have clipping issues, and don't work until get patched like Parasite Eve Dress. 3DM forums dead. Nexus few good mod ones, not great stylish outfits see in Skyrim. Three months only mods downloaded was PE Dress, Bayonetta Accessories and Japanese Bloomer. If ask my opinion we looking at mod drought.

Mostly talking about clothing mods. Click on download section notice almost barren wasteland of nothingness. Some mods have clipping issues, and don't work until get patched like Parasite Eve Dress. 3DM forums dead. Nexus few good mod ones, not great stylish outfits see in Skyrim. Three months only mods downloaded was PE Dress, Bayonetta Accessories and Japanese Bloomer. If ask my opinion we looking at mod drought.

Many people making clothing mods aren't fluent in using FO4Edit to create the mods, they only use GECK, that's pretty evident even in FONV mods when you see how many dirty edits are in many basic clothing mods that stand out like dogs balls to any FONV Edit user.

Still a very small amount of API. I'm absolutely amazed Bethesda STILL continous to pump out games with little scripting functionality. It's pretty sad when a game depends on third party content such as F4SE to properly function. 

I couldn't agree more, papyrus for Fallout 4 is pretty limited even if there is some new functionalities and some functions have been improved it lacks so much of essential stuff...

There is some important not working or half-finished functions such as CastAs which dosen't work with a string variable which limits its use a LOT so I can't use it for what I want to do (comunicating with other mod scripts without any dependencies) or UnequipItemSlot which dosen't work at all, you can't even undress by script currently except by removing all the stuff of the NPC, unbelievable.

Maybe it will be fixed with patches but I'm not really confident.

All of this it is really frustrating so we wait for F4SE... they are most likely waiting for the final patch to release the goodies.

So, from my understanding.

We're just waiting for GECK(?) to come out of Beta, The game to go into stable release (no more updates) and then mods will slowly pump in and the game with replace Skyrim until the remastered one comes out and people jump back to that?

Hopefully I'll get to see my wish of Devious * stuff on Fallout since Cait as a dominatrix would just make my day. I'm the only one? Oh OK :/ I mean I just have some funny ideas that I would love to see become a reality. Meh, I figured good mods might take a bit :).

1. The GECK is still in BETA

2. Still several DLCs and patches ahead of us, which means:

2.1 No stable F4SE version yet, it will require updating with every new DLC or patch released, not to mention, it slows its development.

2.2 Any tool for making animations and/or behaviours may need updating with new DLC/patches as well

2.3 Regular mods requiring even the most minor bits of scripts or using world locations may also need updating with patches and/or DLC, making modders reluctant to release (or even develop!) them for now.

3. Still a lack of documentation and core resources like skeletons.

Falut4 will die once we get Skyrim remaster.

Fotm effect is slightly fading away. It will take years for Fallout4 to get to the Skyrim power-level.

Kinda sad.

People said FONV would die when Skyrim was released too and Skyrim would die when FO was released.

They are 2 different genres they really aren't competing for players

Bethesda said that FO4 sold very good, even better than Skyrim at start if I remember correctly, so we should see more people playing/modding it, but it's not the case.. I have many friends that often says something like this: ''the hell with this boring blank game (FO4), coming back to New Vegas and/or Skyrim''. I think that many PC gamers/modders were also more happier when CK was available on Steam, oh and Steam Workshop was also cool feature for many...

Personally I think that situation will be a little better after they will release all DLC's and updates, which should be at the end of this year or in Q1 2017, one can dream right?

Archived