Rumor: Skyrim remaster at E3 2016 !

nunu87

What would happen if you already had Skyrim plus all available DLCs, minus Dragonborn, and you've just bought Dragonborn? You now have the "Legendary Edition", which is a different package. Would Steam reinstall the whole game into a separate folder just because you now have the LE?

They may release the "Special Edition" as a separate game to replace the LE, and in the mean time as an upgrade in the form of a freebie DLC, for the previous owners of Skyrim LE. When you buy this new DLC, the LE you have will be upgraded to the Special Edition and your previous installation will get overwritten by the new files. This is most likely what will happen.

No, Steam would not reinstall Skyrim in a separate folder. You'd basically have the same game you have now, plus another Skyrim on the side. It's no different than if Bethesda released Skyrim and Skyrim II: Revenge of the Dragons. :)

It won't be an upgrade of existing Skyrim, just a completely brand new game that happens to have all the same assets and look exactly the same but with lighting differences. Same game, same name, different install, and Steam will treat it as a completely separate thing.

Uhm, I don't think you understand what I was talking about there. It's a hypothetical scenario in which the "Special Edition" is released as a DLC for the regular Skyrim. It is a separate entry with a unique Steam ID, just like the other DLCs for Skyrim and you can get it for free if you already have the LE, like the HD texture pack. When you install it, it would go into your existing Skyrim installation, update your current game files and overwrite things if necessary, potentially breaking your game and/or current mod setup.

So does that mean we get to update the unp/cbbe bodies to 21k vertex count (like cbbe is for FO4)?

How many mod will need a rebuild of the scripts to work with the 64bit version?

Will they upgrade the Havok base from 2010 to 2014 (and break all the 32bit hkx files)?

Will they release a toolset that will help in porting over 32bit to 64bit items (pex, nif, texture, etc) that doesn't give them all inclusive rights to do with the ported mod what ever they feel like (ie upload to beth.net, and consoles)?

I actually have more questions, but yeah "ooooh shiny new toy" mindset.

Fuck trouble shootings that come Oct. is going to be a definite PITA.

I can see it now... "Why doesn't Sexlab work on my Xbox (what ever its called) I ported it over with bethesda's tools" - Irony I wonder if they will include in the engine any of the stuff that SKSE adds for the scripting?

You pretty much posted what I was about to post. If certain mods simply cannot work with the remaster, and with console mods being available, I have a feeling more console peasants are going to be demanding and bitching about wanting things that simply cannot be ported over because it simply can't from a 32bit to 64bit alone and simply won't work for console mods.

Not sure how console mods are going to work, but can't they be downloaded from Beth.net only? If yes, there is little danger that a console user will ever see anything we do here. Beth.net isn't going to tolerate naughty mods.

Guest endgameaddiction

Fallout 4's CBBE is on bethNet. it hasn't been removed and it's said that it has been there from the start. I believe it's tucked away within a mod with armor over it.

Since Hines confirmed it's a separate SKU with a separate catalog ID across all systems the "stealth update"/"They Live" argument is completely defenestrated.

Can you have FO3 and FO3 GoTY as two separate installations? If you can, then you may be right.

I also wonder if it will include the Fucktastic updated Nif and Material format... cause really why the fuck is the material file needed all that shit was specified inside the nif in the prior engine...

Keep it simple Beth...

Mesh + Texture = good.

Mesh + Material File + Texture = more fucking work for modders, and more shit that can go wrong.

Twas watching different things from Computex (yeah 2 weeks old) and I have to say I'll probably have a AMD RX 480 in my future (unless they release a HBM2 version of the Polaris gpu before I can scrounge up the cash).

Plus Xbox 1 S (probably a 14nm finfet version of the 7th gen apu) that has 4k gaming abilities while being 40% smaller then the xbox (yep global foundries version of the Samsung 14nm fab process). Along with the 4K PS4 (or PS4 4K)... I wonder will both offer the same APU this time or will Sony again go for double the gpu -vs- Littlelimp.

Fuck like consoles really matter to me, last one I purchased was the Modern Warfare Limited Edition Xbox 360 and it has not been powered up in nearly a year (cause Xbox Live is not the Internet and is not worth paying for...).

Anyway I'm hoping AMD's Zen Cpu's turn out good (I'm hoping 8 physical/16 virtual cpu's become available at 100w tdp and clock in around 4.5 to 6Ghz) and the Polaris GPU's work out well (I wonder how long AMD had to set on there hands for the Non Compete Clause from Sony and Microsoft ended.... yeah no one mentions that, I wonder why???).

But yeah back on a 4K capable Skyrim with God Rays and 64bit exe's... probably gonna need a new Script Extender for it.... Hopefully the F4SE script extender can be easily ported over to the 64bit Skyrim Special Edition (then we would just need to port ever fucking mod that calls on scripts).

I wonder what the 64bit ENB will look like, oh wait I run a 64bit ENB on FO4 currently... so It kinda looks like what we have in Skyrim with some added DX11 (and Hopefully DX12) stuff thrown in.

Maybe they will release a version of it for Vulcan and Linux and Mac users can run it.... fuck that should be a fun install, will Mod Organizer even run on a Linux/Unix OS?

Can you have FO3 and FO3 GoTY as two separate installations? If you can, then you may be right.

The FO3 goty disk before the pre-STEAM era is a different install path.  FO3 goty on the disk and F03 goty Steam are two different animals as far as my rig goes.  When I load FO3 I don't see STEAM anything.  It's nice not having a 512mb pointless memory hog running in the back ground.  It's also nice that I own a physical copy of the game and there is fuck-all Gabby Gabe and ReTodd Howard can do anything about it.  I don't even need an internet connection to install it or play it.  Knowing how to manually install mods and a zipped copy GFWL Disabler fixes that bullshit.  The goty copy of FO3 I have IS MINE-MINE-MINE.  :D

What a lot of the guys now going "why would they bother doing this" really seriously do not get is how fucking insignificant all of us are. There are easily ten times as many console players of Fallout 4 as there are PC gamers, the mod download numbers on Beth.net compared to Nexus pretty much says as much. Yeah, you guys are going "why botehr with a 5 year old game?" What do the console plebs think?

Yeah... they are exited as fuck. They are sperming their pants over this remastered thing you don't care about more than any other thing shown at the E3 Bethesda conference. This is a Big Deal buinsess wise, make no mistake.

Gopher's views on the matter, together with predictions of paid mods;

Skyrim III: The Imperials Strike Back

Skyrim III: Let's go fuck the fucking Thalmor already!!!

Actually, the "Imperials Strike Back", should be Skyrim V...

(That was produced after Skyrim IV (Skyrim), and before Skyrim III (The revenge of the Dwarvens). And followed by Skyrim VI (Return of the Dragonborn), and later by Skyrim VII (The magika awakens, where you were killed by your son or you play as your daughter that at the end will find you on the border of Cyrodiil.))

:D

Gopher  has spoken  :angel:

no skse for console trash ever

Fallout 4's CBBE is on bethNet. it hasn't been removed and it's said that it has been there from the start. I believe it's tucked away within a mod with armor over it.

link? im morbidly curious

Another thing a lot of people that mod their games don't realize is just how few even PC gamers that mod their games. Some think it would outright break their games (let's be honest, it will and it has often if you don't put in the time), some think it conflicts with some sort of holy "original designers vision" even. It's estimated that even among PC gamers there's something in the 15 % of players of Bethesda games that actually mod them. Yeah, that's how much of a flyspec insignificant minority we are, and why Bethesda has no issues stealing mods and putting them in their games for sale like with Hearthfire, because less than a percentage of their customer base even knows of those mods.

I have a total of 15 friends that plays Skyrim. Of them 5 mods their games, and this is with me telling all of them to mod their games, a few get outright angry if told to. One guy watches MXR every week just for entertainment value, but would never consider modding his own game.

So yeah, even on PC the remastered Skyrim might get massively popular, because a lot of folks never played or even saw the game running with ENBs and such. When I showed one of my friends who's a die-hard Elder Scrolls fan since Arena (I don't joke; he still plays Daggerfall sometimes) my modded Skyrim with all 4k texture replacement and weather replacement and ENBs, his jaw literally fell down, very comically at this, and this is a die-hard fan.

Until we stop being such elitist assholes with such narrow viewpoints, we are going to matter even less as time goes by. And you wonder why Bethesda ignores so much of the modding community outright...

link? im morbidly curious

I am not finding any mod like "CBBE", "Caliente", "Ousnious" or bethesda.net mods.

I am not finding any mod like "CBBE", "Caliente", "Ousnious" or bethesda.net mods.

i checked too when bethnet was up and a couple other times after (seen posts of bethnet memebers begging for nude xD) but I did hear Tyrannicon say there will be a console port of cbbe  (1:04)

As I missed the original announcement and don't want to crawl through 13 pages of debate, can someone tell me if they said they were having a PC version of his remaster along with the console versions?

Yes.

The "Skyrim Remastered" was annonced and it is already on Steam (but it will be released on October.)

It will work for PC, XB1, and PS4.

If you have the Legendary edition or Skyrim + all DLCs, then for PC it will be free for you.

As I missed the original announcement and don't want to crawl through 13 pages of debate, can someone tell me if they said they were having a PC version of his remaster along with the console versions?

yes PC gets it, it's free if you own the legendary edition or skyrim and all DLC (basically the same thing) it will be a seperate item on steam so it won't mess up your existing game build

I fear that paid modding will return  :(

It will, but how many people will try it is a different story.  Bethesda knows there's a big pile of cash in mods that they haven't been able to tap into, particularly when it comes to console players.  The real question is how badly will they screw it up as compared to how badly valve screwed it up.  

I fear that paid modding will return  :(

Here's the solution.  Ignore them.

will others ignore it as well ?? specially peasants on consoles ?? No they will fuel it further "bringing paid modding back in organised manner" just like beth said.

The more I'm  looking at all this the more i think Elder Scrolls 6 will be an VR only exclusive, timeline sort of makes sense.

With the technology comment, that's where I went. Depends on how well VR does over the next couple of years, but it'd be surprising if it didn't have heavy VR support. Even if they drag it to 2020, I have a hard time believing we'll be in the era of AAA VR exclusives... I'd love to be wrong.

Archived