Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Not every player might be interested in this development, so there can be a branch starting just after the operation, where one branch follows the current stages and another follows one of the suggested routes above.

 

Not being a modder, I can't say how difficult integrating another mod into YPS would be. From reading posts in other mods, my impression is that many modders resist doing that because of potential problems the integration can create. I just think that creating a new branch would be simpler and less likely to introduce problems.

 

It seems what you are suggesting is just a few questlines, letting the player running around Skyrim, talking to a few people, and some dialogue. That is quite easy to do, but in my concept would be better saved up for a follow-up quest.

As many other scripters, I prefer to have everything together in a single mod (which makes life a lot easier). But it would be easy for a modder to create an additional extra mod with some dialogues, as long as no YPS NPCs would be involved.

 

6 hours ago, Enlightnd said:

Something you may want to look into to snaz up the nail care system.

 

Female Hands Redone

 

Aside from them simply working without much effort in terms of installation with CBBE, 3BA and BHUNP, the great new thing about them, on top of it being a fully morphable hand model, is that it has bodyslides for both the length and pointiness/clawness of nails. The author has also provided bodyslides for vanilla "open finger" gloves.

 

So if racemenu integration for it is done, you can add nail growth to the immersive fashion system and since the nails and length of the nails are part of the models morphing itself, adding color to nails with slavetats should become far simpler, the coloring should simply morph with the nail part of the model.

 

I've already tested the "classic" nail coloring with them and other than in some select cases seeing bleed through from not perfectly matching models, it works perfectly fine in the classic way too.

Thanks for pointing this out! I've seen mod already. If there are nail length morphs in this mod, it would be possible to allow the mod to let the nails grow. That would be a very cool addition to YPS!

 

17 minutes ago, Tarath said:

Been loving this mod @emily1673
I was wondering if you could incorporate the Hairtsyle change animations in this mod Let Your Hair Down at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) into yours, if there are open permissions?

I tried that already, but so far couldn't make it work.

Edited by emily1673
Posted
28 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Thanks for pointing this out! I've seen mod already. If there are nail length morphs in this mod, it would be possible to allow the mod to let the nails grow. That would be a very cool addition to YPS!

 

Can you access morphs that are accessible in bodyslide but not racemenu(yet) or does someone have to make racemenu sliders before you can manipulate the model?

 

There's indeed a lot you can add (and remove) with these hands.

 

There's sliders for both square and point nail length, nail width, height, etc, so you can really make the nails take any shape without needing to do the nail extensions thing that swaps out the hand model for the HN66 normal or mage nails to get really long ones. No more need for "glove" items that apply the nails either.

 

So it'll make porting various gloves and bracers to work with these hands simpler as it only has to be done once, rather than for every set of hand models used currently.

 

My testing so far shows that the slavetats get applied to the nails correctly no matter what size you give them, only issue is that they seem to be slightly miss alligned (polish on the nail beds of some nails and not 100% coverage on the thumb nail, but all that can be easily fixed with some alignment for the mod)

 

You also don't need HN66 or other mods to apply fancy nail polish like the tiger/french tip/etc patterns as you can apply those directly to these nails easily with simple slavetats.

 

On top of that, the new dll mod fasttats is obscenely fast (applies 100's if not 1000's of slavetats in one second, without a hitch) and would allow you to do some rather interesting things when applying makeup/pollish (stages) and with the makeup itself too. Or having stockings rip live while fighting, without it being a resource hit.

 

I was really glad no longer seeing any "wait 15 seconds for slavetats to finish" messages XD

 

The current release of fasttats seems stable, haven't crashed even once since the update earlier today.

Posted

Hey Emily, it seems that professional manicures aren't being detected as fingernail polish and toenail polish. The includes Yorcyn's offer of a new professional manicure during the Dibella quest. That could be what's causing the massive fashion dip.

Posted
5 hours ago, Enlightnd said:

Can you access morphs that are accessible in bodyslide but not racemenu(yet) or does someone have to make racemenu sliders before you can manipulate the model?

Generally, any morph accessible in bodyslide can also be changed by a script (if body morphs are created in bodyslide). But I need to try it first.

 

 

3 hours ago, Balgin said:

Hey Emily, it seems that professional manicures aren't being detected as fingernail polish and toenail polish. The includes Yorcyn's offer of a new professional manicure during the Dibella quest. That could be what's causing the massive fashion dip.

I looked in the script, but it seems to be ok. Professional manicure should count as fingernail polish in this case.

Toenail polish is something different, and (so far) not available as professional manicure.

I will look into when I have time.

Posted
25 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

I looked in the script, but it seems to be ok. Professional manicure should count as fingernail polish in this case.

Toenail polish is something different, and (so far) not available as professional manicure.

I will look into when I have time.

That could make sense.

Posted (edited)

Hello Emily,

 

First of all, I'm glad that you are working on the mod again, I'm looking forward to see the questline finished. I plan to start a new game when it happens.

 

 

For now I continued an older game and I have noticed a small issue. Some mods are removing all items, which causes a little problem with the nails.

 

Claws.png.2217a23b213fa3edb9c65ff9766c67ff.png

 

There is a "Bound Items Reappear" option (checked), I assume that causes the multiplying nails.

 

Would it be possible to add a little check to not add more nails if one is already equipped? I know it is not your mod, but I also feel the "claws" are quite heavy, should be weightless IMHO.

 

I'm using an older version, v6.5.4.1 (started the game in last august, I picked it up again now), I don't know if this is already handled in the newer versions. Is it safe to update to the latest?

 

Also, what is the suggested setting in DD MCM about the "Boots Slowdown Effect"?

 

 

Edited by monsta88
Posted

Just curious. Since there are only a few items needed from Devious Devices - high heel training boots, two chastity belts, a brassiere and a vaginal dilator - could they be incorporated into the base mod, with permissions of course, instead of having the whole mod being a master? Would save a plugin slot or two.

Posted
On 3/4/2024 at 12:32 AM, emily1673 said:

It seems what you are suggesting is just a few questlines, letting the player running around Skyrim, talking to a few people, and some dialogue. That is quite easy to do, but in my concept would be better saved up for a follow-up quest.

As many other scripters, I prefer to have everything together in a single mod (which makes life a lot easier). But it would be easy for a modder to create an additional extra mod with some dialogues, as long as no YPS NPCs would be involved.

 

Yes, that''s what I am suggesting.  Either as an added branch to the existing questline or as a follow-up quest it would be interesting.

Posted
On 3/4/2024 at 1:32 AM, emily1673 said:
On 3/3/2024 at 7:18 PM, Enlightnd said:

Something you may want to look into to snaz up the nail care system.

 

Female Hands Redone

 

Aside from them simply working without much effort in terms of installation with CBBE, 3BA and BHUNP, the great new thing about them, on top of it being a fully morphable hand model, is that it has bodyslides for both the length and pointiness/clawness of nails. The author has also provided bodyslides for vanilla "open finger" gloves.

 

So if racemenu integration for it is done, you can add nail growth to the immersive fashion system and since the nails and length of the nails are part of the models morphing itself, adding color to nails with slavetats should become far simpler, the coloring should simply morph with the nail part of the model.

 

I've already tested the "classic" nail coloring with them and other than in some select cases seeing bleed through from not perfectly matching models, it works perfectly fine in the classic way too.

Thanks for pointing this out! I've seen mod already. If there are nail length morphs in this mod, it would be possible to allow the mod to let the nails grow. That would be a very cool addition to YPS!

I've been using this mod for a while now together with YPS. I build hands and nails (static) in bodyslide and use the YPS nail polish. It works great for me in SE. Nail growth would be awesome. The only disadvantage is, if you like wearing fingerless gloves. The choices are limited so far. Not a problem for me. I just wear gloves with fingers and clothes that doesn't use vanilla or their own hand models.

Posted (edited)

New Voice Pack for version 6.6.3 is up.

 

Dang! Just noticed 1,495 downloads. I never really look at it. I guess, I'll keep posting new versions then.

Edited by SquatsAreLife
Posted
On 3/5/2024 at 9:20 AM, Wacek said:

The new stockings system seems to be working fine on SE now (with Fast Tats).

Excellent! But I will keep the old system in as well, just in case.

 

17 hours ago, monsta88 said:

First of all, I'm glad that you are working on the mod again, I'm looking forward to see the questline finished. I plan to start a new game when it happens.

 

Yes, the quest still has highest priority!

 

10 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Just curious. Since there are only a few items needed from Devious Devices - high heel training boots, two chastity belts, a brassiere and a vaginal dilator - could they be incorporated into the base mod, with permissions of course, instead of having the whole mod being a master? Would save a plugin slot or two.

There is more to that: YPS uses a few keywords from DD as well, whereas the items you mention function without having the DD esp activated. But of course, it would be better to have it included.

 

2 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said:

New Voice Pack for version 6.6.3 is up.

 

Dang! Just noticed 1,495 downloads. I never really look at it. I guess, I'll keep posting new versions then.

Wonderful, you are doing such a great job! Voice overs add very much to the immersion factor. I really appreciate this, since I know it's a lot of work.

Posted

Started a new playthrough a few days ago and last night reached the point where my PC went to Riften for a haircut. While getting the haircut, every 10 seconds or so, Yorga would say,  "Need something?" This is both immersion breaking and annoying.  Since she is giving my PC a hair styling, she knows what my PC needs. Is there some way to change what she is saying? Instead of the incessant "Need something?" maybe comments about my PC's hair, "Such beautiful long hair. Seems almost a shame to cut it." or "Let me comb this out first and then I can cut it short". Later in the hair styling Yorga can provide a commentary on what she is doing - "After I finish with styling your hair, I'm gong to color it. That will make you look even prettier."

Also, when my PC meets with any of the beauty consultants, instead of them saying, "Need something?" they could say something like, "What can I do for you today?" which would seem to be a more appropriate opening greeting, since they are offering a service, not a product.

 

If this isn't too difficult, you might do the same for the other beauty consultants when they do the nails or any other beauty treatments.

 

And lastly, is there some way to stop the foot shuffling as the beauty consultant is doing her thing? It's just weird.

Posted
On 3/6/2024 at 2:07 AM, SquatsAreLife said:

New Voice Pack for version 6.6.3 is up.

 

Dang! Just noticed 1,495 downloads. I never really look at it. I guess, I'll keep posting new versions then.

The link is busted but anyone can just click on your profile to get it, anyway thanks for updating it I'm gonna install it next time I play, YPS is getting some interesting features with dialogues ever since it came back from the slumber so its nice having those voiced.

BTW for anyone else wondering, you can use these on LE as with other voice packs just use SE BSA unpacker and then use LE BSA program to pack it up and make your own dummy files or leave them as loose files, no dummy files needed then but might impact loading times. As for DBVO for YPS I haven't tried nor am I going to since it uses different voice than the one I have but DBVO itself DOES work on LE including mods from loverslab.

Posted
9 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Started a new playthrough a few days ago and last night reached the point where my PC went to Riften for a haircut. While getting the haircut, every 10 seconds or so, Yorga would say,  "Need something?" This is both immersion breaking and annoying.  Since she is giving my PC a hair styling, she knows what my PC needs. Is there some way to change what she is saying? Instead of the incessant "Need something?" maybe comments about my PC's hair, "Such beautiful long hair. Seems almost a shame to cut it." or "Let me comb this out first and then I can cut it short". Later in the hair styling Yorga can provide a commentary on what she is doing - "After I finish with styling your hair, I'm gong to color it. That will make you look even prettier."

Also, when my PC meets with any of the beauty consultants, instead of them saying, "Need something?" they could say something like, "What can I do for you today?" which would seem to be a more appropriate opening greeting, since they are offering a service, not a product.

 

If this isn't too difficult, you might do the same for the other beauty consultants when they do the nails or any other beauty treatments.

 

And lastly, is there some way to stop the foot shuffling as the beauty consultant is doing her thing? It's just weird.

"Need something?" is a standard dialogue applied to NPCs from Skyrim. I find that annoying as well. Just didn't find a way to turn this off yet. Same with the foot shuffling.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

"Need something?" is a standard dialogue applied to NPCs from Skyrim. I find that annoying as well. Just didn't find a way to turn this off yet. Same with the foot shuffling.

 

For the idle dialogue fix, would this work?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/96opc6/comment/e448xxk/

 

I'm sure there are a few seasoned modders that have already solved the problem of idle dialogue and NPC fidgeting. It's just about reaching out to them/finding them and giving them enough leprechaun gold until they divulge their secrets.

Edited by anonymous515
Posted

I played this mod years ago and like others I was happy to see in continued. I started a new playthrough and now, like my in game character, I am annoyed. I've read I just need to talk to people over and over as I walk through town. The first one came through with the try to avoid no problem. The problem is on the I am annoyed stage I've set quest speed to 3 and have literally talked to every man in white run, slept for 24 hours, talked to every man in white run, slept for 24 hours, talked to every man in white run... 17 days now and no one gives the second step to advance this quest. Am I missing something? This quest should not be this hard. It went from a fun quest to not fun at all and I'm sure that is not the intent. Is there a setstage I can do to skip this one part? Thanks for the great mod and any help.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, anonymous515 said:

 

For the idle dialogue fix, would this work?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/96opc6/comment/e448xxk/

 

I'm sure there are a few seasoned modders that have already solved the problem of idle dialogue and NPC fidgeting. It's just about reaching out to them/finding them and giving them enough leprechaun gold until they divulge their secrets.

Not sure whether this fix will work out.

Theoretically, I know that there must be a solution. The problem is that my modding time is limited, so I tend to fix things only if they are easy to fix, or if they are really game-breaking. Instead of begging other modders for help, I try to spend more time on development. It's a tricky balance. But in any case, I am always happy if people from the community point out solutions, which may speed things up a lot. :)

 

29 minutes ago, tester86 said:

I played this mod years ago and like others I was happy to see in continued. I started a new playthrough and now, like my in game character, I am annoyed. I've read I just need to talk to people over and over as I walk through town. The first one came through with the try to avoid no problem. The problem is on the I am annoyed stage I've set quest speed to 3 and have literally talked to every man in white run, slept for 24 hours, talked to every man in white run, slept for 24 hours, talked to every man in white run... 17 days now and no one gives the second step to advance this quest. Am I missing something? This quest should not be this hard. It went from a fun quest to not fun at all and I'm sure that is not the intent. Is there a setstage I can do to skip this one part? Thanks for the great mod and any help.

Sorry for your problems. That is a known issue. Progressing the quest at this stage depends on the time of day. So you shouldn't wait for 24 hours, but rather for 8 or 12 hours.

But I know that quest stage is too difficult to progress, and plan to make this part easier in the future. Though, first I need to finish the remaining few stages of the quest to get out of alpha into beta, so I can start working on these issues.

You can also use the console to advance the quest from stage 460/465 to stage 470. The quest ID is xx075ed5

Edited by emily1673
Posted
18 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Sorry for your problems. That is a known issue. Progressing the quest at this stage depends on the time of day. So you shouldn't wait for 24 hours, but rather for 8 or 12 hours.

But I know that quest stage is too difficult to progress, and plan to make this part easier in the future. Though, first I need to finish the remaining few stages of the quest to get out of alpha into beta, so I can start working on these issues.

You can also use the console to advance the quest from stage 460/465 to stage 470. The quest ID is xx075ed5

Edited 18 hours ago by emily1673

 

Thank you very much. I was not aware of the time of day feature so I kept using the same time of day. I switched to  doing it on a 23 hour cycle, counting down from 9 PM until I found someone. I greatly appreciate your help and your mod. I have to say I was expecting something different...

 

 

 

Spoiler

Going back to the young lady that started it all I was sure she was going to tell me when I finally got done with everything and returned to my lover that she was going to laugh in my face and say something like, "I can't believe you did all this. It was a joke. I love tricking men into going all the way. It doesn't happen often, when was the last time, like six years and two months ago." To have it all be just a practical joke. I was certain that was the outcome when the city official changing my names gave that six year timeframe. 

 

Again, thank you for your wonderful mod. 

Posted
7 hours ago, tester86 said:

I was sure she was going to tell me...

That would also be an interesting variant. Though currently I have planned something else. 🤭

Posted (edited)

After playing the Dibella Quest at least 15 times with never getting the Bra and Belt of Female Curves to show up on my character, this last playthrough finally had it happen. Not sure what I did differently - load order, different modlist - but there they were.  Great. So I keep on playing, get to the stage after recovering from the second operation and... nothing. My PC gets her new name, checks into the Bannered Mare, and goes to sleep. When she wakes up, no advancing to the next stage, no message to do anything. Using "Setstage" in the console I was able to move on, even got the message to see Acolyte Jennsen about my feet. When my PC went to see him everything seemed to go well but the bondage boots, which were supposed to have spontaneously removed themselves from her feet, were still there. Consequently, she was not able to put on the medical (removable) boots and so, she can't paint her toenails - big fashion debuff. Tried doing "Setstage" to stage 1310 to see if the game would complete that stage correctly but no luck. Is there some way I can use a console command to remove the bondage boots? Even with the boot problem I was able to complete the Quest to its current end.

 

Has anyone completed the Quest using the option - get your nipples pierced? I tried it just see what would happen. Although supposedly Tris puts studs in after she does the piercings, none of them show up. The earring piercings showed as soon as Corpulus did them, bot not the body piercings. Is this a known issue or am I having the same problem that i used to have with the Bra and Belt of Female Curves not showing up?

 

Side note: to anyone using "Go To Bed" with this mod - when you try to go to bed while wearing the Bra and Belt of Female Curves, if they are visible you might get a series of message boxes trying to resolve the conflict between "Go To Bed" trying to strip your PC and the cursed items not being removable. Go into "Go To Bed"s MCM and click on the Sleepwear option. Scroll down the list of armor slots to the bottom. Disable slot 49 or 56 (don't remember which. It's the secondary chest slot). Then disable slots 59 and 61, the Belt and bondage boots slots.

 

Similar problem if you are using  "Bathing in Skyrim" - use armor slot 56 for Bra, slot 49 for Belt and slot 37 for boots.

Edited by KentuckyExpat
ADDITIONAL MATERIAL
Posted
On 3/7/2024 at 4:41 PM, Karkhel said:

The link is busted but anyone can just click on your profile to get it, anyway thanks for updating it I'm gonna install it next time I play, YPS is getting some interesting features with dialogues ever since it came back from the slumber so its nice having those voiced.

BTW for anyone else wondering, you can use these on LE as with other voice packs just use SE BSA unpacker and then use LE BSA program to pack it up and make your own dummy files or leave them as loose files, no dummy files needed then but might impact loading times. As for DBVO for YPS I haven't tried nor am I going to since it uses different voice than the one I have but DBVO itself DOES work on LE including mods from loverslab.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Posted
19 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

After playing the Dibella Quest at least 15 times with never getting the Bra and Belt of Female Curves to show up on my character, this last playthrough finally had it happen. Not sure what I did differently - load order, different modlist - but there they were.  Great. So I keep on playing, get to the stage after recovering from the second operation and... nothing. My PC gets her new name, checks into the Bannered Mare, and goes to sleep. When she wakes up, no advancing to the next stage, no message to do anything. Using "Setstage" in the console I was able to move on, even got the message to see Acolyte Jennsen about my feet. When my PC went to see him everything seemed to go well but the bondage boots, which were supposed to have spontaneously removed themselves from her feet, were still there. Consequently, she was not able to put on the medical (removable) boots and so, she can't paint her toenails - big fashion debuff. Tried doing "Setstage" to stage 1310 to see if the game would complete that stage correctly but no luck. Is there some way I can use a console command to remove the bondage boots? Even with the boot problem I was able to complete the Quest to its current end.

 

Has anyone completed the Quest using the option - get your nipples pierced? I tried it just see what would happen. Although supposedly Tris puts studs in after she does the piercings, none of them show up. The earring piercings showed as soon as Corpulus did them, bot not the body piercings. Is this a known issue or am I having the same problem that i used to have with the Bra and Belt of Female Curves not showing up?

 

Side note: to anyone using "Go To Bed" with this mod - when you try to go to bed while wearing the Bra and Belt of Female Curves, if they are visible you might get a series of message boxes trying to resolve the conflict between "Go To Bed" trying to strip your PC and the cursed items not being removable. Go into "Go To Bed"s MCM and click on the Sleepwear option. Scroll down the list of armor slots to the bottom. Disable slot 49 or 56 (don't remember which. It's the secondary chest slot). Then disable slots 59 and 61, the Belt and bondage boots slots.

The problem that the quest does not progress at that stage was reported before. It's likely a mod conflict. IIRC the user who reported it also had "Go To Bed" installed.

Piercings not showing up is an old problem, not related to the quest. Sometimes frequent (re)loading helps. Or define the items in the json file (but for SE you need to use hex numbers instead of decimals).

Posted
1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

The problem that the quest does not progress at that stage was reported before. It's likely a mod conflict. IIRC the user who reported it also had "Go To Bed" installed.

Piercings not showing up is an old problem, not related to the quest. Sometimes frequent (re)loading helps. Or define the items in the json file (but for SE you need to use hex numbers instead of decimals).

Which .json file? And where is it located?

 

Another concern. The entries in the "Thoughts" database related to relationships are triggering too soon. My PC had barely had sex with Lena when I started getting "thoughts" about how well our relationship was progressing. A few days game-time later, I'm getting messages about how our relationship is cooling. We haven't had two times in bed together at that point.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Which .json file? And where is it located?

 

See "Item Configuration" in the mod description.

 

17 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Another concern. The entries in the "Thoughts" database related to relationships are triggering too soon. My PC had barely had sex with Lena when I started getting "thoughts" about how well our relationship was progressing. A few days game-time later, I'm getting messages about how our relationship is cooling. We haven't had two times in bed together at that point.

Change the "Love Buff Diminish Time" in MCM.

Or edit the thought database json.

But you are right; during the quest, the love buff should stay at the initial stage for a longer time: will fix that in an update.

 

Edited by emily1673

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...