I'm trying to add dragon priest animations and it won't work.  I fixed my folder issue but now it says 'can't locate unknown race dragonpriests' or something along that line, and also says it cannot find animations even though they are in the right place. Getting pretty frustrated.   I have been trying hard, probably put at least an hour into it and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  

SLAnimLoader doesn't know about dragon priests by default.  It only knows about races registered in the SexLab framework, or by MoreNastyCritters.

In order to get dragon priests to work you will need 2 things:

- A mod that registers the Dragon Priest race with SexLab.  As far as I can tell neither SexLab nor MoreNastyCritters do this.  However, just poking around it looks like the AnimTester from this mod might do it.

- You'll need to tell SLAnimLoader what directory the dragon priest animations are found in.  You can add an explicit "anim_race_dir=<path>" parameter in your CreatureMale() setting.  Alternatively you could edit SLAnimGenerate.pyw and define DragonPriests in the KNOWN_RACES list.

Yes, that is where I got the animations from. :)  The alter SLanim may work, I will try that. Thank you!

The issue of corrupted savegames when registering animations has been raised here before, and we finally know exactly what's happening: the string table (which includes all script variables and properties) in save files can't exceed 65536 entries because the strCount field is a uInt16.

Each animation registered seems to take up approximately 12 strings (registering 166 animations in SLAL increased strCount by 1982, enabling Sexlab's 48 creature animations increased strCount by 571).

As more and more SLAL packs come out, you may be hearing about this issue more and more often, so I thought it would be good to have an explanation and a justification for why people should only register the animations they really need.

The issue of corrupted savegames when registering animations has been raised here before, and we finally know exactly what's happening: the string table (which includes all script variables and properties) in save files can't exceed 65536 entries because the strCount field is a uInt16.

Each animation registered seems to take up approximately 12 strings (registering 166 animations in SLAL increased strCount by 1982, enabling Sexlab's 48 creature animations increased strCount by 571).

As more and more SLAL packs come out, you may be hearing about this issue more and more often, so I thought it would be good to have an explanation and a justification for why people should only register the animations they really need.

Thanks for highlighting this!

Just to add to what markdf said. If you're interested in the topic or would like to add input, please see the thread here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56588-corrupted-saves/page-1

What, exactly, do I need to do to get this working if I use MO?

1) Download and install the latest version of SLAL

2) Find SLAL Packs and install them after the main mod (preferably in a separate folder)

3) Start Skyrim, wait until the SL Anim Loader MCM menu shows up

4) Choose the animations you want or click "Activate All" in the General tab

5) Click "Update SexLab Animation list" (analogous) and wait until it finishes

Voilà, you use SLAL amongst its packs to get new animations ;)

Thank you man, that explain my some of my strange with animation .

Another question, if I take off some of these animations, save and clean my save with save clean tools, would it reduce the strCount or I am just sitting on a timed bomb here?

Another question, if I take off some of these animations, save and clean my save with save clean tools, would it reduce the strCount or I am just sitting on a timed bomb here?

If you use Sexlab's "Clean" tool from the MCM, your strCount drops back down.

2) Find SLAL Packs and install them after the main mod (preferably in a separate folder)

yea, but where do I put the animation packs?  do i unpack them?  do I have to name the folder something specific?  do i put the packs in the MO folder or the skyrim folder.  wth do I do?  This is becoming a hassle where as before it wasn't.  I could take out the animations I didn't want manually and then run FNIS and be done with it.

yea, but where do I put the animation packs?  do i unpack them?  do I have to name the folder something specific?

Yeah, you have to unpack them, but then there should be a \data folder, which you just merge to the \data folder of Skyrim.

Or you install the downloaded archives as normal mod with Mod Organizer (recommended), then MO itself will put the files correctly and shouldn't even ask anything anymore.

I can't seem to be able to use python .pyw files at all, despite having python 3.1.4 installed. When I click the SLAnimGenerate.pyw file, the hourglass briefly shows up, then... nothing happens. No dialogue box, no error.

All of the files are set up according to the pdf guide. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: It seems I have a problem with non-existent module (argparse). I dont understand - the guide calls clearly for python 3.1, which doesnt seem to have the necessary modules. What do i do?

I can't seem to be able to use python .pyw files at all, despite having python 3.1.4 installed. When I click the SLAnimGenerate.pyw file, the hourglass briefly shows up, then... nothing happens. No dialogue box, no error.

EDIT: It seems I have a problem with non-existent module (argparse). I dont understand - the guide calls clearly for python 3.1, which doesnt seem to have the necessary modules. What do i do?

Drag the SLAnimGenerate.pyw to the Python Launcher.

If you use Sexlab's "Clean" tool from the MCM, your strCount drops back down.

I have did some reseach and testing and corruption can happen for a variety of reasons it seems. I have started a brand new game updated texture and mesh mods, Alternative Start, FNIS, SKSE, SKYUI and such with no SexLab mods or animation mods (apart from FNIS to regster them when I do add them to game). I think there is something more that just registering animations that causes the corruption. I was actually hoping to find the issue, such as being a specific mod. It may help in other ways, such as people having too much strCount causing animation issues, but you'd need to do more testing and research.

Maybe for me to be able to say more, is anyone able to tell me where to find the strCount and I'll try it on the base template game? I was starting again, planning on modifying the SexLab/MNC animation registers directly and adding only animations I want and bypassing the need for SLAL and NSAP altogether. This would be a good time for me to be able to see if I can create a game without corruption and see what happens when currption begins. I thought it might have been Alternative Start but even removing that and having to sit through that opening showed me a corruption.

I would probably be better starting a new thread or adding it to my blog instead of clogging up the SLAL thread.

That helped, thank you!

I managed to stumble upon another problem though.

Hello,

Im trying to create animation packs from animations contained in More Nasty Critters. Most creatures are easy, but I have trouble with canine family.

When i set up the necessary txt file in "source" folder, it looks like this:

is_example = False
mcm_name = "MNC Dogs"
anim_dir("MNC")
anim_id_prefix("leito_canine_")
anim_name_prefix("Leito Dog ")
common_tags("Leito")

Animation(
 id="anal_doggy",
 name="Dog Anal Doggy",
 tags="Dirty,Doggystyle,Bestiality,Dog",
 sound="Squishing",
 actor1=Female,
 actor2=CreatureMale(race="Dogs"),
)

I use the .pyw script to get necessary behaviour lists, but when i use FNIS for modders, this message appears:

>>Warning: Behaviored object "" not found in any BehavioredObjectList. Using "returnToDefault" as default AE.<<

And the animations dont work.

What am i doing wrong?

I have did some reseach and testing and corruption can happen for a variety of reasons it seems. I have started a brand new game updated texture and mesh mods, Alternative Start, FNIS, SKSE, SKYUI and such with no SexLab mods or animation mods (apart from FNIS to regster them when I do add them to game). I think there is something more that just registering animations that causes the corruption. I was actually hoping to find the issue, such as being a specific mod. It may help in other ways, such as people having too much strCount causing animation issues, but you'd need to do more testing and research.

Maybe for me to be able to say more, is anyone able to tell me where to find the strCount and I'll try it on the base template game? I was starting again, planning on modifying the SexLab/MNC animation registers directly and adding only animations I want and bypassing the need for SLAL and NSAP altogether. This would be a good time for me to be able to see if I can create a game without corruption and see what happens when currption begins. I thought it might have been Alternative Start but even removing that and having to sit through that opening showed me a corruption.

I would probably be better starting a new thread or adding it to my blog instead of clogging up the SLAL thread.

There's already a thread about this issue:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56588-corrupted-saves/page-7

Lots of things increases strCount. Animations increase it really fast. Interesting NPCs increases it by around 3400, Legacy of the Dragonborn by around 4000. Enabling Creature Animations in Sexlab increases it by around 500, enabling 166 SLAL animations increases it by around 2000.

Suffice to say, if you wants lots of big scripted mods, you wont be able to register as many animations.

There's already a thread about this issue:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56588-corrupted-saves/page-7

Lots of things increases strCount. Animations increase it really fast. Interesting NPCs increases it by around 3400, Legacy of the Dragonborn by around 4000. Enabling Creature Animations in Sexlab increases it by around 500, enabling 166 SLAL animations increases it by around 2000.

Suffice to say, if you wants lots of big scripted mods, you wont be able to register as many animations.

Read through the post and I have a quick question: when you guys talk about save corruption, is this when you are trying to load a game from the main menu screen and you are getting this message? I can load al my save files fine but I only started seeing the message when I one day accidently pressed F9 (which i assume is quick load) and it told me the save is corrupt. But if I go into the pause menu and go a load, no issues at all.

Are you experiencing something a lot worse than this, such as not even being able to load a game throught the pause menu or even through the main start screen?

I've had the same experience as you Rydin. I read of this problem with corrupted saves here... never experienced something like that and the notion make me a little worried. Then a few days ago, casually hit F9. The message appeared. I never hit F9 so now I'm left with the doubt... It was something which was always there? And then, since the saves are working correctly, it's apparently limited to the quick load... so should we call corrupted a file which can be load by any normal means except via F9?

With the strcount > ffff you will just ctd when loading a bad save. Getting a message saying your save is corrupt is a different issue altogether.

I don't want to derail this thread. Please see the corrupt saves thread highlighted above. Read from post 74 (i think) onwards.

Is there a pack with Rydin animations?. I've searched but only found a non-slal archive.

Another question... Is it possible to have SLAL and NSAP both activated at the same time?. If some same animations are registered in both I mean...

I haven't made one yet. I plan to when I add some more animations; just been on a kinda slump at the moment.

You can have SLAL and NSAP active but if you have any packs which feature aniamtions in both SLAL and NSAP, you will end up with consistence warnings and potential duplicate entries in SexLab, taking up unnessessary space.

I've had the same experience as you Rydin. I read of this problem with corrupted saves here... never experienced something like that and the notion make me a little worried. Then a few days ago, casually hit F9. The message appeared. I never hit F9 so now I'm left with the doubt... It was something which was always there? And then, since the saves are working correctly, it's apparently limited to the quick load... so should we call corrupted a file which can be load by any normal means except via F9?

I want answers!!! I'll go an ask the guys in that other thread to keep the topic on track. :3

Thanks for answering. I installed SLAL to give it a go but as it lacks some animations I like I reverted to NSAP. But now the animations are not being recognized, all actions I tried first they seem to to try some animations from NSAP but then go to zaz animations, and not of them work as before (characters just stand there, doing nothing). I ran FNIS, and registered the animations both from NSAP and sexlab.

That helped, thank you!

I managed to stumble upon another problem though.

Hello,

Im trying to create animation packs from animations contained in More Nasty Critters. Most creatures are easy, but I have trouble with canine family.

When i set up the necessary txt file in "source" folder, it looks like this:

is_example = False
mcm_name = "MNC Dogs"
anim_dir("MNC")
anim_id_prefix("leito_canine_")
anim_name_prefix("Leito Dog ")
common_tags("Leito")

Animation(
 id="anal_doggy",
 name="Dog Anal Doggy",
 tags="Dirty,Doggystyle,Bestiality,Dog",
 sound="Squishing",
 actor1=Female,
 actor2=CreatureMale(race="Dogs"),
)

I use the .pyw script to get necessary behaviour lists, but when i use FNIS for modders, this message appears:

>>Warning: Behaviored object "" not found in any BehavioredObjectList. Using "returnToDefault" as default AE.<<

And the animations dont work.

What am i doing wrong?

Try changing  actor2=CreatureMale(race="Dogs") to  actor2=CreatureMale(race="Canines")