Alrighty. I've now spent a few hours monkeying with this and still no luck. Like others, everything is set up correctly but none of the anims show up in MCM. FNIS installs them. SLAnimGenerate.pyw says everything is registered and up to date. I'm using current versions of SL and Jcontainers. I've pretty much run out of things to try.

One thing I have figured out is that when it's all installed through Mod Organizer, the SLAnimGenerate.PYW doesn't see the packs, as they're scattered about in different folders (separate folder for each mod). One of the things I tried was installing SLAninmLoader alone, and then manually installing Jcontainers and the packs into the SLAL folder in MO/mods/SLAnimloader. With this configuration FNIS worked and SLAnimGenenerate worked just as [i presume] it should; all anims listed, registered and up to date. Still, nothing doing in MCM.

With that said, I also tried installing all of this manually in the actual game folder, and still no joy.

Anything else to suggest?

You can delete the Phyton file as it's of no use for the enduser.

Just install the pack, run FNiS for Users, fire up the game, let SLAL read in all JSON files again, tick all animations you want and hit register.

That should be it ... at least that's what i did and everything works just fine.

i use MO too and i installed all packs into seperate mods, which are placed below SLAL in the list of installed mods.

Just make sure you use the latest version of SexLab and JContainers and that no mods replace PapyrusUtils or JContainers files as Frostfall, Campfires and some other mods do.

Delete all PU and JC files from other mods except from SL and JC itself.

Tweens: Early on SLAG was suggested as a diagnostic step, which is what I was using it for. I wanted to confirm that all of the files were in the right place for J-Containers.

Grandmasta: I did a search of my mods folder for everything associated with JContainters and turned up nothing. It would appear that none of my other mods require it.

Like I said, I've done all of the basic steps and the animations won't show up in game. I' then tried quite a bit of troubleshooting. Just looking for more things to try now.

Tweens: Early on SLAG was suggested as a diagnostic step, which is what I was using it for. I wanted to confirm that all of the files were in the right place for J-Containers.

Grandmasta: I did a search of my mods folder for everything associated with JContainters and turned up nothing. It would appear that none of my other mods require it.

Like I said, I've done all of the basic steps and the animations won't show up in game. I' then tried quite a bit of troubleshooting. Just looking for more things to try now.

Okay, let's do a quick clarification check:

• JContainers is installed and up-to-date (latest version)
  • SLAL was installed second
  • Packs were installed third

As others have said, if you are NOT a modder, do not touch the generator.

Install JContainers as a seperate mod, do not install it inside SLAL. But certainly try adding the packs inside SLAL but make sure they are in the root (data/) diretory (ie, meches to meshes etc.)

Have you checked that the .json files are installed when adding the packs? People have said once or twice that the JSON files don't get installed when using a mod manager when installing packs. If it shows on FNIS it means that FNIS txt file is there but if it doesn't show in the MCM it means the MCM either cannot find the json files as they are in the incorrect directory or they have not been copied/installed correctly.

Have you tried the load/save/load technique to see if the MCM just needs a push?

Just ran through all of that and no luck. Also tried manually installing the pack into the SLA folder.

BTW, J-containers doesn't have the proper hierarchy for MO, so you have to manually select the Data folder when installing. I suspect that's why people run into the problem of it installing improperly. 

I ticked verbose logging to see if it provides some insight. It might as well be written in Romulan for all the good it does me, but I suspect it might tell you something. I'm just including the first few entries, because the last repeat fifty or sixty times citing sequential lines.

<unknown self>.slaldata.unloadData() - "slalData.psc" Line 66
    [sLAnimLoader (6B00284D)].slalLoader.OnLoad() - "slalLoader.psc" Line 26
    [alias PlayerAlias on quest SLAnimLoader (6B00284D)].slalOnLoad.OnInit() - "slalOnLoad.psc" Line 4
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] error: Unbound native function "solveObjSetter" called
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp12"
stack:
    <unknown self>.slaldata.unloadData() - "slalData.psc" Line 67
    [alias PlayerAlias on quest SLAnimLoader (6B00284D)].slalOnLoad.OnInit() - "slalOnLoad.psc" Line 4
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] ========== Auto Unequip Ammo: Scanning for supported plugins...
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] ========== ERRORS RELATED TO MISSING FILES SHOULD BE IGNORED!
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] Error: File "Dragonborn.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
    <unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
    [AUA (1100C6C2)].AUAQuestScript.GameLoaded() - "AUAQuestScript.psc" Line 39
    [AUA (1100C6C2)].AUAQuestScript.OnUpdate() - "AUAQuestScript.psc" Line 73
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] Error: File "XFLMain.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
    [AUA (1100C6C2)].AUAQuestScript.GameLoaded() - "AUAQuestScript.psc" Line 40
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] ========== Auto Unequip Ammo: Scan complete.
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] InitWidgetLoader()
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:20PM] [slalmcm <SLAnimLoaderMenu (6B0012C4)>]: Registered SL Anim Loader at MCM.
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:34PM] SLAL: reloading data
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:34PM] error: Unbound native function "readFromDirectory" called
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:34PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp13"
stack:
    <unknown self>.slaldata.ReloadData() - "slalData.psc" Line 72
    [sLAnimLoaderMenu (6B0012C4)].slalmcm.OnConfigOpen() - "slalMCM.psc" Line 24
    [sLAnimLoaderMenu (6B0012C4)].slalmcm.OpenConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 762
    [sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (3C000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnModSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 138
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:34PM] error: Unbound native function "retain" called
[02/20/2016 - 01:53:34PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp13"
stack:

Just ran through all of that and no luck. Also tried manually installing the pack into the SLA folder.

BTW, J-containers doesn't have the proper hierarchy for MO, so you have to manually select the Data folder when installing. I suspect that's why people run into the problem of it installing improperly. 

I ticked verbose logging to see if it provides some insight. It might as well be written in Romulan for all the good it does me, but I suspect it might tell you something. I'm just including the first few entries, because the last repeat fifty or sixty times citing sequential lines.

<unknown self>.slaldata.unloadData() - "slalData.psc" Line 66

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] error: Unbound native function "solveObjSetter" called

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp12"

stack:

<unknown self>.slaldata.unloadData() - "slalData.psc" Line 67

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] ========== Auto Unequip Ammo: Scanning for supported plugins...

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] ========== ERRORS RELATED TO MISSING FILES SHOULD BE IGNORED!

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] Error: File "Dragonborn.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[AUA (1100C6C2)].AUAQuestScript.GameLoaded() - "AUAQuestScript.psc" Line 39

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] Error: File "XFLMain.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[AUA (1100C6C2)].AUAQuestScript.GameLoaded() - "AUAQuestScript.psc" Line 40

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] ========== Auto Unequip Ammo: Scan complete.

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:19PM] InitWidgetLoader()

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:20PM] [slalmcm <SLAnimLoaderMenu (6B0012C4)>]: Registered SL Anim Loader at MCM.

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:34PM] SLAL: reloading data

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:34PM] error: Unbound native function "readFromDirectory" called

stack:

<unknown self>.slaldata.ReloadData() - "slalData.psc" Line 72

[sLAnimLoaderMenu (6B0012C4)].slalmcm.OnConfigOpen() - "slalMCM.psc" Line 24

[sLAnimLoaderMenu (6B0012C4)].slalmcm.OpenConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 762

[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (3C000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnModSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 138

[02/20/2016 - 01:53:34PM] error: Unbound native function "retain" called

stack:

Is your SkyUI and SKSE up to date?

I also beleive it may still have something to do with JContainers as those flags giving warnings are fuctions contained with JContainers scripts. I am not an expert at reading errors but it's my only logical guess. What version of JContainers are you using? JContainers is quite high in my priority in MO but it is under SKSE. Check the JContainers zip file and the instaslled data file on your system and make sure everything including the plugins in the SKSE folder are all there.

I'm having a serious problem trying to add Dayelet's female Werewolf animations. First the problem:

actor 1: unable to find animation race directory for unknown race WerewolfBeastRace.  You can add an anim_race_dir parameter to FWWA_Werewolf_Blowjob_ .actor1 to tell us where to find it for now

What my animation text file looks like:

is_example = False 
mcm_name = " Female Werewolf Anims " 
anim_dir("SLAddAnims ") 
anim_id_prefix("FWWA_") 
anim_name_prefix("FWWA ") 
common_tags("Dayelyte")

Animation( 
    id="Werewolf_Blowjob_ ", 
    name="Werewolf Blow Job", 
    tags="Creature,Werewolf,Bestiality,Dirty,Oral", 
    sound="Squishing", 
    actor1=CreatureFemale(race="WerewolfBeastRace"), 
    actor2=Male(),
    a1_stage_params = [ 
        Stage(1, open_mouth=True), 
    ],
) 

Help?

I'm having a serious problem trying to add Dayelet's female Werewolf animations. First the problem:

actor 1: unable to find animation race directory for unknown race WerewolfBeastRace.  You can add an anim_race_dir parameter to FWWA_Werewolf_Blowjob_ .actor1 to tell us where to find it for now

What my animation text file looks like:

is_example = False 
mcm_name = " Female Werewolf Anims " 
anim_dir("SLAddAnims ") 
anim_id_prefix("FWWA_") 
anim_name_prefix("FWWA ") 
common_tags("Dayelyte")

Animation( 
    id="Werewolf_Blowjob_ ", 
    name="Werewolf Blow Job", 
    tags="Creature,Werewolf,Bestiality,Dirty,Oral", 
    sound="Squishing", 
    actor1=CreatureFemale(race="WerewolfBeastRace"), 
    actor2=Male(),
    a1_stage_params = [ 
        Stage(1, open_mouth=True), 
    ],
) 

Help?

anim_dir("SLAddAnims ") - this is incorrect. It should be the name of the folder where the HKX files are directly located.

It is the name of the folder where the animations are. Does the meshes folder and its subfolders need to be in the SLAnims folder? This is the path to the HKX files: SLAnimLoader\meshes\actors\character\animations\SLAddAnims

Thanks.

No, the meshes folder needs to be in the data folder as does the SLAnims folder. if you put them in it it will not recognise.

Which actor would a female werewolf be? I got the animations in, but whenever I use the matchmaker spell, the camera goes into third person and that's it so I know I'm missing something somewhere. FNIS worked, I was able to register the mod in Sexlab, but I get nothing. Thanks.

Does anyone else think a SLAL pack should be made for the Zaz Animation Pack, since the animations are buggy with the current version of SexLab?

That would probably be good. More Nasty Critters and Zaz both could have their animations turned into SLAL packs.

Does anyone else think a SLAL pack should be made for the Zaz Animation Pack, since the animations are buggy with the current version of SexLab?

That would probably be good. More Nasty Critters and Zaz both could have their animations turned into SLAL packs.

Where as an option, I don't know who these mods will lnik into their frame works or child mods. Remember that a lot of mods require ZAZ as a master, and making them a pack will mean those mods will not work. MNC should be fine as I thnik the creature framework should still recognise which creatures need equipment. Certainly something someone willing enough can look into and considerations to be thought of.

Where as an option, I don't know who these mods will lnik into their frame works or child mods. Remember that a lot of mods require ZAZ as a master, and making them a pack will mean those mods will not work. MNC should be fine as I thnik the creature framework should still recognise which creatures need equipment. Certainly something someone willing enough can look into and considerations to be thought of.

I don't see why Zaz would be a problem. There's no need to get rid of the mod itself. Just leave it's animations unregistered and then register the SLAL-Zaz animations instead.

I don't see why Zaz would be a problem. There's no need to get rid of the mod itself. Just leave it's animations unregistered and then register the SLAL-Zaz animations instead.

You will potentially create:

• a large list of animations into FNIS which may be duplicated or un-needed, reaching FNIS limits
  • duplicate regiistrations of animations with the SexLab Framework
  • duplicate scripting events which can cause a CTD.

You may ague you can delete the aniamtion HKX from ZAZ but when an animation is called by event name and SexLab (or any mods where Zaz is the master) tries to utilize an animevent within Zaz (as the scripts will still be there), it can cause a CTD or the actors standing in an idle and the aniamtion not playing.

Take note I have not send it cannot work, but as someone who has looked at Zaz and works with animation scripts, those would be my concerns.

I'd recommend anyone who wishes to attempt it to try it with a handful on aniamtions in a mod where you can maybe control the aniamtions used or know which ones are picked at certain events.

Also take note that SLAL doesn't handle idles.

You will potentially create:

• a large list of animations into FNIS which may be duplicated or un-needed, reaching FNIS limits
  • duplicate regiistrations of animations with the SexLab Framework
  • duplicate scripting events which can cause a CTD.

You may ague you can delete the aniamtion HKX from ZAZ but when an animation is called by event name and SexLab (or any mods where Zaz is the master) tries to utilize an animevent within Zaz (as the scripts will still be there), it can cause a CTD or the actors standing in an idle and the aniamtion not playing.

Take note I have not send it cannot work, but as someone who has looked at Zaz and works with animation scripts, those would be my concerns.

I'd recommend anyone who wishes to attempt it to try it with a handful on aniamtions in a mod where you can maybe control the aniamtions used or know which ones are picked at certain events.

Also take note that SLAL doesn't handle idles.

I didn't mention this in this thread yet, but this is the idea I have regarding the Zaz Animation Pack, as I put on Goubo's Defeat mod thread:

Has Goubo ever considered maintaining or replacing the Zaz Animation Pack, at least to correct the current compatibility issues that the Zaz Animation Pack has with the latest version of SexLab?  I strongly suspect Xaz isn't maintaining it anymore.  I'm wondering if it is possible to break that mod, or a replacement, down into smaller parts, with a SL Animation Loader pack handling the SexLab animations, and Goubo handling the scripting issues.

I'm thinking that since Xaz doesn't seem to be maintaining this mod anymore, either someone might want to take over maintaining it to be compatible with the latest version of SexLab, or failing that, someone might want to come up with a replacement.  I'm asking about the possibility that the Zaz Animation Pack mod be broken down into smaller, easier to maintain parts, including a SexLab Animation Loader pack to contain the default ZAP animations.

Can an ID be registered to more than one animation? That is, can a set of animation files appear in two different entries in the text file, with different names and different tags?

You can't use the same ID as SexLab will not know what to play. It will either play the one that gets registered first and dismiss the second or not play either, depending on registration. It might get passed with different tags but you'd need to use an exceptionally unique tag that is not used in the other at all. Can get complicated.

I'm trying to add dragon priest animations and it won't work.  I fixed my folder issue but now it says 'can't locate unknown race dragonpriests' or something along that line, and also says it cannot find animations even though they are in the right place. Getting pretty frustrated.   I have been trying hard, probably put at least an hour into it and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  

I'm trying to add dragon priest animations and it won't work.  I fixed my folder issue but now it says 'can't locate unknown race dragonpriests' or something along that line, and also says it cannot find animations even though they are in the right place. Getting pretty frustrated.   I have been trying hard, probably put at least an hour into it and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  

SLAnimLoader doesn't know about dragon priests by default.  It only knows about races registered in the SexLab framework, or by MoreNastyCritters.

In order to get dragon priests to work you will need 2 things:

- A mod that registers the Dragon Priest race with SexLab.  As far as I can tell neither SexLab nor MoreNastyCritters do this.  However, just poking around it looks like the AnimTester from this mod might do it.

- You'll need to tell SLAnimLoader what directory the dragon priest animations are found in.  You can add an explicit "anim_race_dir=<path>" parameter in your CreatureMale() setting.  Alternatively you could edit SLAnimGenerate.pyw and define DragonPriests in the KNOWN_RACES list.