I used the files from this section of the 2nd post in this topic-

Spoiler

One additional caveat: if you try to modify the properties of a script, through creation kit's quest "properties" window, and you don't have all the soft mods installed that show up in that file, creation kit will error and show you nothing. You can get around this by temporarily installing these dummy files,, which will fool CK into thinking there are no soft dependencies, allowing you to modify the properties. Don't forget to revert when you want to play: the dummy files are empty and will do nothing in-game, they are only for modifying with CK, and will break DEC if you try to play with them.

I still wasn't able to open the crdedistantenslavescript in the CK. It showed an error message when I tried to open it. I wasn't able to open the SD Master list.

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

THAT'S the reason? ?

One of the reasons. It's an incompatibiltiy I've been aware of for a long time but never bothered to post about until now. I'd also like to edit the SD master list to add other modded NCPs to the list as well.

On 1/2/2022 at 8:34 PM, wutpickel said:

Thanks i will look into that.

Its just strange. It worked before but now i reinstalled everything. It is possible that i am missing something that i had installed before or too much. Anyway, i will play around with it and see what the cause is actually.

I have found that devious lore quest prevents aproaching.

On 3/4/2022 at 10:18 PM, Corsec said:

I used the files from this section of the 2nd post in this topic-

Reveal hidden contents

One additional caveat: if you try to modify the properties of a script, through creation kit's quest "properties" window, and you don't have all the soft mods installed that show up in that file, creation kit will error and show you nothing. You can get around this by temporarily installing these dummy files,, which will fool CK into thinking there are no soft dependencies, allowing you to modify the properties. Don't forget to revert when you want to play: the dummy files are empty and will do nothing in-game, they are only for modifying with CK, and will break DEC if you try to play with them.

I still wasn't able to open the crdedistantenslavescript in the CK. It showed an error message when I tried to open it. I wasn't able to open the SD Master list.

Same here, I tried the dummy files and failed to open the script too, and I have hardly any experience in CK but is it possible that more soft dependencies have been added to the mod since those dummy files were posted?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can i reset/debug the "follower found item approach"? My follower started the dialogue while I stood nearby but was not in direct dialogue with her. And it ended when I tried to speak with her. She hasn't approached me for days now despite multiple containers looted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 1:56 PM, donttouchmethere said:

There is a mod that gives flowers instead of colorful bondage devices? ?

Only way out for me in that case is to wear mage robes, DEC registers them as "armed".

I also like to combine DEC with SLadventures now.

Just in case it gets too easy ?

This answers my question.

Edited by Tseverin
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/6/2022 at 12:36 AM, Tseverin said:

This answers my question.

cool =D

4 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Any problems with DD 5.2?

I fear so.

DEC can still add any devices it searches for.

BUT it removes DD bodysuits before adding new DDs and isn't able to correctly reequip/replace them. This causes removed DD5 bodysuits (catsuits/straitjackets) to be broken. Means it's still locked but not rendered anymore.

Workaround I: use a mod to unlock the DD5 catsuit and after that reequip it.

Workaround II: untick all devices in DEC MCM that forces it to remove a DD5 bodysuit

Another issue:

DCL v9 seems to still have DDs included that don't support DD5.2. In DEC's case it will add a DCL "Rubber Suit" that is still lockable but has no sound and is easily removable (ignores DD MCM settings)

On 2/15/2023 at 8:07 AM, ucglow said:

is there a way to exclude/ disable a npc for DEC? so this mod won't effect them?

Only NPC that can be followers can be added to DEC's ignore list. Not even sure if that would include all DEC features, probably only follower related approaches.

If it's only one NPC you want to prevent to approach you via DEC you could let it wear a collar. That way DEC registers that NPC as slave and stops approaches ?

Edited by donttouchmethere
On 5/11/2022 at 5:54 PM, xyzxyz said:

We need a function that followers can unlock themselves when they have keys in their inventory. I'm getting tired of freeing them after they put found DDs on themselves.

Come on, there are some mods around for that already like:

NPC Support:

• Better NPC Support for Devious Devices
  • fixes issues with DDs on NPC and gives them a chance to escape
    • Kharos:
      • Restore missing effects after NPC is reloaded by the game engine (for example after loading screen).
      • Restore missing effects after NPC's inventory has changed (for example after player giving new equipment to follower).
      • Prevent bound NPCs from using weapons and spells in combat; they will use bound combat if enabled in Devious Devices settings.
      • Allow manipulation of some NPC devices (insert/remove panel gag plug, link/unlink DCUR rubber gloves with D-links).
      • Escape system: If enabled in MCM this allows NPCs to struggle and maybe escape their devices.

And more:

If you have UD installed it also has NPC escape options.

Or cheat with Inte's DDe

Edited by donttouchmethere
3 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Come on, there are some mods around for that already like:

NPC Support:

• Better NPC Support for Devious Devices
  • fixes issues with DDs on NPC and gives them a chance to escape
    • Kharos:
      • Restore missing effects after NPC is reloaded by the game engine (for example after loading screen).
      • Restore missing effects after NPC's inventory has changed (for example after player giving new equipment to follower).
      • Prevent bound NPCs from using weapons and spells in combat; they will use bound combat if enabled in Devious Devices settings.
      • Allow manipulation of some NPC devices (insert/remove panel gag plug, link/unlink DCUR rubber gloves with D-links).
      • Escape system: If enabled in MCM this allows NPCs to struggle and maybe escape their devices.

Found that mod in the meantime^^ They don't unlock piercings though.

• 5 weeks later...