15 hours ago, blackpig11 said:

I have been trying to get all the mods for this mod to work but I just can't get them to work together and my game keeps crashing, is there any guide to get all of these mods downloaded right or something so it can work? thanks :smile:

If you need general help with Skyrim and mods, try this to start: https://jvr2400.tumblr.com/post/159923595993/adding-mods-to-skyrim-a-tutorial

I love the bonus dialogue for the female slaver, especially the stuff which affects your dom/sub score. That's good stuff. One thing I remember in particular was that after the carriage quest I could tell Pike that my character did the job a slave was supposed to do. I'd like more of that for all the different quests.

Big new content is great, evening out weaknesses and adding details is even better, imo. 

13 hours ago, atreyatan said:

but what he wants is advice on how to mod in general

I didn't read it that way. Though you couldn't tell what he was really asking in that question, but given it was posted here, it seemed most generous to assume he meant it when he said he was trying to get Slaverun to work:

On 09/03/2018 at 12:24 PM, atreyatan said:

I have been trying to get all the mods for this mod to work but I just can't get them to work together

His issues relate specifically to Slaverun and its rather large dependency list.

If his problem was not noticing a required dependency, it's a question more likely to get answered quickly here than elsewhere.

He didn't write "I've been trying to get a lot of mods working." He said "all the mods for this mod."

Giving him the "don't ask here" response when it wasn't clear if he was in the right place or not, jumped to a conclusion based on the general vague and disoriented nature of his question, immediately closing off the possibility that his problem was, in fact, Slaverun specific.

I'm not saying you didn't guess right, but if you were going to do that, doing what jfraser did, and actually posting a link, would be more helpful, than a response that was potentially confusing in its own non-specific nature.

34 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I didn't read it that way. Though you couldn't tell what he was really asking in that question, but given it was posted here, it seemed most generous to assume he meant it when he said he was trying to get Slaverun to work:

His issues relate specifically to Slaverun and its rather large dependency list.

If his problem was not noticing a required dependency, it's a question more likely to get answered quickly here than elsewhere.

He didn't write "I've been trying to get a lot of mods working." He said "all the mods for this mod."

Giving him the "don't ask here" response when it wasn't clear if he was in the right place or not, jumped to a conclusion based on the general vague and disoriented nature of his question, immediately closing off the possibility that his problem was, in fact, Slaverun specific.

I'm not saying you didn't guess right, but if you were going to do that, doing what jfraser did, and actually posting a link, would be more helpful, than a response that was potentially confusing in its own non-specific nature.

Well then you read it wrong case closed. I am not going to argue with you dude and try to piece out what you think I meant by what I said after all, I said it and not you.

jfraser posted a non specific mod guide that pertains to modding in general as was my suspicion he is new to modding (see his 2 posts) and probably new to this site and if he is looking for general technical support you cant argue the best place is the technical support forum.

Think what you want after this but I didn't address you when I posted that and if you want to continue to have a discussion about it then have it with someone else because I was just trying to make what I thought was a helpful suggestion as I have received tons of help within that forum pertaining to even specific mods. 

PS: if you're going to quote someone don't misquote them </end>

14 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Is there any sort of spelling and grammar patch? Or will I need to do that on my own? And curse you, Bugthesda, and your limits on text length in the CK! :classic_angry: What sort of nonsense is that about?

You hit on a topic that has been visited before. Nope. No spelling or grammar patch. And nothing to patch the curious use of the word "puppet" to mean... Fuck knows what it's being used to mean, honestly, I can't even tell. But eventually you just get used to it.

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

You hit on a topic that has been visited before. Nope. No spelling or grammar patch. And nothing to patch the curious use of the word "puppet" to mean... Fuck knows what it's being used to mean, honestly, I can't even tell. But eventually you just get used to it.

I started to go through and correct the spelling and grammar in the esp, but my CK crashed and I lost all the work. I don't remember the use of the word "puppet" in any of the dialogue (the only part I got to) but I can hazard a guess based on where it's used. Could be a synonym for "slave" or "thrall."

Playing with 3.0 alpha 2, Just started, whiterun is enslaved, Slaver NPC approaches the player and talks to her, but she's gagged and the dialogue doesn't indicate this. Dialogue indicates that she is only naked and can respond without a gag.

Would it be possible to have different dialogue or no approach at all if the player is gagged?

3 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I started to go through and correct the spelling and grammar in the esp, but my CK crashed and I lost all the work. I don't remember the use of the word "puppet" in any of the dialogue (the only part I got to) but I can hazard a guess based on where it's used. Could be a synonym for "slave" or "thrall."

You'll see.

No, it seems to be used interchangeably to mean puppy, baby, and/or any kind of monstrous spawn fathered upon an unwilling slave womb carrier. But I'm only guessing, because maybe he means actual puppets, like creepy muppet babies, you'll have to judge for yourself. I can only guess this weird idiom comes from some site/forum or fetish-scene I'm not aware of.

I think the only sane way to fix the huge amount of dialogue in Slaverun, much of which is in scenes, is to create some kind of TES5Edit script that can dump it out to a text file with IDs for edits and more importantly, load it back in. The CK has a text export feature, but it seems like Beth didn't bother to give us the tools that could load it back. I will bet they had something, even if it was just a sketchy python script.

20 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

You could give this one a try for correcting strings, should be much more relyable than the CK... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/921/?

I tried a whole new game, and crawling still didn't work.

In the SLAV forum there is talk of two sets of crawl animations so you can have a walking speed crawl and a running speed one with different anims.

I think perhaps in Slaverun, crawling only works if you have certain mods in your LO, and others not. There has to be some reason it works for some people and not others.

Hopefully it's something that will be fixed in the next test version?

On another topic, I've been trying to make my Skyrim harder, harsher, and more difficult, but not impossible.

SD+ cages was a step too far. That just made it impossible to progress unless you're a pure heavy armor, 2H weapon type that has the DPS and mitigation to take down multiple "badass" NPCs at once.

MME can be quite debilitating, and so can apropos - though the speed changes in apropos can at times, stack badly with DD items, resulting in it being almost (or even literally) impossible to move. I got over encumbered in a situation like that, and was basically immobile.

Frostfall is another, of course, but in serious mode it can kill you, sometimes quite randomly, because ... weather.

What are others doing to make their Slaverun more challenging?

I know Kenjoka is talking about making the arena really hard, but that might actually be less fun, because of how you need to win those fights, forcing you to repeat and repeat (like an annoying shooter where you can't get past a boss) - whereas I don't have to go into a castle full of bandits, while overloaded with milk, and sore from a troll-horse threesome - I can go around the bandits, or not do that side quest. But the arena is not something you want to fail in Slaverun.

Any ideas for debuffs, or handicaps that would be fun rather than simply annoying?

Skooma Whore and Dripping when Aroused have visual effects, though I could imagine different ones.

I'm stuck at the arena part. I've constructed everything and have the quests to find gladiators, beasts, and get gladiator training from Bellamy. None of the people involved in those quests have dialogue to advance them. Are they not implemented yet or do I need to progress the main Slaverun quest? Is there a way to build more furnature in the areas like the main hall? I can only seem to make the slave pens and no xcrosses or anything like that. I'm also having the issue where Finn is stuck saying  something like "I've been thinking about a lesson Pike taught me". I'm guessing his quest is still being worked on but if it is an issue can someone tell me how to fix it?

6 minutes ago, SuperNixon said:

I'm stuck at the arena part. I've constructed everything and have the quests to find gladiators, beasts, and get gladiator training from Bellamy. None of the people involved in those quests have dialogue to advance them. Are they not implemented yet or do I need to progress the main Slaverun quest? Is there a way to build more furnature in the areas like the main hall? I can only seem to make the slave pens and no xcrosses or anything like that. I'm also having the issue where Finn is stuck saying  something like "I've been thinking about a lesson Pike taught me". I'm guessing his quest is still being worked on but if it is an issue can someone tell me how to fix it?

You found the arena? Where is it? 

I think I'll hold off on trying to proofread this mod; there is a massive amount of text and the new version promises even more. So it wouldn't make much sense to do all that work only to have to do it all over again when 3.x is released.

I will take a crack at writing the Slaverun Reloaded books if I can remember what each book is supposed to be about. :classic_tongue: If anyone has a flowchart of what each stage of training and experience entails, or just short descriptions, that would be a major help. I have the memory of a fish. :fish: